Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pretty lacklustre cinematic.

But after nearly 20 years of playing WoW, the fundamental problem with this expansion is that no matter how they try to present it otherwise, the Dracthyr just look...bad.

It feels like it should be one of those things that goes without saying: Never let your poster boy look bad. (Or your main selling point/etc).

But apparently it needs to be said...

This is probably the first WoW expansion I won't buy / play on release (maybe ever?). I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the game with what these cinematics are selling. It's just not cool enough, and that's hard to do to someone who freakin' loves dragons. Blizz lost that Warcraft feel in this expansion... The Drac'thyr remind me of the lizard people in the "reincarnation of a slime" anime. Kinda a joke.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    This is probably the first WoW expansion I won't buy / play on release (maybe ever?). I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the game with what these cinematics are selling. It's just not cool enough, and that's hard to do to someone who freakin' loves dragons. Blizz lost that Warcraft feel in this expansion... The Drac'thyr remind me of the lizard people in the "reincarnation of a slime" anime. Kinda a joke.
    LOL okay? You won't be missed.

Omg, I can't unsee that. Gabiru!
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I reserved that name for this purpose instantly when they revealed Evoker... and now I'm not even going to play DF >_<

But holy fuck, what a boring cinematic. Self-congratulatory circle jerk with dragons, and nothing else. What's that evoker doing ffs, just posing for the camera?

On brand for DF, I guess - bland, boring, uninspired, and entirely inconsequential. And definitely not getting me back to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    It's not a bad take at all. Danuser wrote a bloody children's book, that's likely how he see's WoW now if this cinematic is anything to go by, it's absolutely a far cry from the dark world WoW used to have such as Arthas murdering his father and all his people, I'd say the differences are night and day.
    Arthas didn't murder anyone in any cinematic for WoW. What are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as I watched the first 25 secs of the new cinematic I thought of Avatar movie right off....move for move its the same as the movie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    As soon as I watched the first 25 secs of the new cinematic I thought of Avatar movie right off....move for move its the same as the movie...
    I would have accepted How to Train Your Dragon being my big comparison for obvious reasons. :P

The drackthyr always reminded me of the Dragonborn from D&D. Even in their model.

Which is why I am not as bothered about their look as most, with that said though those more bulky models look WAAAY better, could you imagine a buff female Drakthyr... woof.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-11-15 at 10:15 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The cinematic looks like it was for some furry game. Could not tell that it was for WoW if it was not for the logo.

Also, the cinematic looked horribly compressed. No reason it shouldn't have been uploaded in 4K.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I believe it's a female Dwarf.
    My wife sitting across the room (who doesn't play WoW) just asked me why Channing Tatum was in WoW now when it got to that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Gabiruuuu!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I reserved that name for this purpose instantly when they revealed Evoker... and now I'm not even going to play DF >_<

But holy fuck, what a boring cinematic. Self-congratulatory circle jerk with dragons, and nothing else. What's that evoker doing ffs, just posing for the camera?

On brand for DF, I guess - bland, boring, uninspired, and entirely inconsequential. And definitely not getting me back to the game.
    Haha did you really reserve that name? Epic!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChronixLive View Post
    LOL okay? You won't be missed.
    I'm 100% sure you wouldn't be either... so... point?

"DdRaAaAaAaAgGgOnNnSsSsSs"

>> Proceeds to tell the audience what happened frame by frame. Fuck me these people are talentless hacks that would never be able to get their own IP off the ground

Also, no one wants to see some solid 2/10 riding a dragon. No one

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    WoW version of Vhagar
    I was seriously hoping for one of the two riders to get chomped.

Totally teared up. Hope this is the WoW Renaissance I've been waiting for.

Who is this excited about dragons? Feels like I'm taking crazy pills

I'm sure dragon riding will totally be amazing and not tiresome after 10 minutes tho, WoW has always killed it when it comes to vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You'll have to excuse those fans. For them, this cinematic sucks because there were no big shootie explodey explosions or a white-haired guy with sword and an uneven temperament.
    Nah, just too much Pixar like graphics and emphasis on riding the dragons. It literally feels like a Disney movie. My wife (who hates wow) would probably try and pre-order tickets for all the little kids in my family if I showed this to her. Hence killing my drive to play the game.... I'm just not a fan of Disney gogo happy time.
    Last edited by Aedruid; 2022-11-15 at 11:26 PM.

I love how new Blizzard sticks to their guns and adds a 2/10 dwarf, can't even make her a little cute, but the guy isn't a sweaty nerd, no, he is of course a ripped troll with his chest out, per usual.

I love Alexstraszas dragon model though, she looks cool and badass.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2022-11-15 at 11:55 PM.

Glad to see so many people leaving "for real this time". Now that I'm returning it'll be great to be rid of so many general chat haters!

Yup same with my partner and I, we left in SL and nothing we have seen so far is drawing us back, I thought wow was going to be a game I always came back to, but I think this xpac is a massive miss and I won't be getting it, fingers crossed they make a good xpac next time but I can't see it happening because the current trend seems to be a lower standard each one to release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Just being Frank View Post
    Totally teared up. Hope this is the WoW Renaissance I've been waiting for.
    I'm guessing you forgot to add /s , people may think you are serious lol

- - - Updated - - -

Gabiruuuu!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha did you really reserve that name? Epic!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 100% sure you wouldn't be either... so... point?
    I'm sure the ones that play this abortion of an xpac will be missing the leavers pretty fast when the servers are empty and they all complain that they have to pay for server transfers to find some people to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I'm guessing you forgot to add /s , people may think you are serious lol
    You guess incorrectly. Dunno why I am even posting here, this place has been a cesspool of negativity for years now. Later.