Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    those delusions fall apart once you try to answer the question: "would people try for that for months if it was a single-player game?".
    Yes, absolutely, 100%, what are you saying Have you never heard of Elden Ring? God of War on the hardest difficulty? People(At least 17Million people, in Elden Rings case) literally put tens to hundreds of hours in to fighting those bosses just to beat them.

You just defeated your own argument entirely, the gaming community fucking LOVES fighting against difficult bosses and defeating them, even with no ranking or acclaim alongside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    absolutely

17Million Elden Rings
    insanity. nobody plays those games every day for months and for years (you posted 'total purchase numbers').
    wow would have nobody around as a single player after a few weeks of an expansion (and that's generous).

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    insanity. nobody plays those games every day for months and for years (you posted 'total purchase numbers').
    wow would have nobody around as a single player after a few weeks of an expansion (and that's generous).
    That's just blatantly false, given there are people still playing it now that started on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

@OP you're not forced to do any content you don't like. Point is, Mythic raids being the effort of 20 people, need to be scheduled for very basic logistics reasons.

I find myself in the actual opposite situation. I can comply to a 2 evenings raid schedule having a 9-18 job and a small son now pretty easily, it's a matter of organizing the evenings with my wife.

I find very hard pugging m+ simply because i cannot log in whenever i like the most, and waste 40 minutes to find a group each dungeon i do. Would be better if i had a static, but to have a static you need a schedule aswell - even if it's just 5 people you have to find the moment when all are free to play.

Scheduled gaming is always more efficient and i need that. I don't have time to waste - i'm going play other games (usually solo) otherwise.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yes, absolutely, 100%, what are you saying Have you never heard of Elden Ring? God of War on the hardest difficulty? People(At least 17Million people, in Elden Rings case) literally put tens to hundreds of hours in to fighting those bosses just to beat them.

You just defeated your own argument entirely, the gaming community fucking LOVES fighting against difficult bosses and defeating them, even with no ranking or acclaim alongside it.
    Given normal completion rates it is unlikely that more than a million or two actually finished the game. Doesn't take away from its success, but it's disingenuous to suggest that many people play a hard game and finish it

That's just blatantly false, given there are people still playing it now that started on release.
    A transparent non sequitor. Since World of Warcraft was _never_ single player you can't use it as an example to prove it would be played as much if it were single player.

Single player games drop like a rock in popularity after many months of release so it would be the exception to guess World of Warcraft wouldn't have the same fate.

I do yes.
    That's why i only queue for normal pugs, or do m+.
    No guild, no regular group, no expectations of a fixed schedule.

“Love sports but hate doing exercises and physical movement in general”

What else?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    “Love sports but hate doing exercises and physical movement in general”

What else?
    Bad analogy.

It's more like "I love playing basketball, but I don't want to have to be at practice from 4-6pm every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I'd rather just go down to the court on the block and do a pickup game any time I feel like it."

Yeah. Repeating actions are not the best

I think it's normal at some point in your life to start not wanting to commit to a schedule for a game. We have deadlines and schedules at work and other life responsabilities.

Raiding with a guild has always been the most enjoyable thing about WoW to me so I quit once I stopped playing entirely when that was no longer feasible to me. This is probably why raid participation is going down and down, WoW's playerbase is aging and people who get older can't commit to raiding schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Bad analogy.

It's more like "I love playing basketball, but I don't want to have to be at practice from 4-6pm every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I'd rather just go down to the court on the block and do a pickup game any time I feel like it."
    Point is: starting from certain levels - be it sports or MMO - just committing time is not enough; you have to also be on schedule (and yes - commit more time too).

Yeah, as soon as I have to be on at a certain time my desire to play becomes 0

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Raiding is by far the most enjoyable thing in WoW to me, the introduction to Mythic + has helped a lot but I still think raiding has something about it, that no other aspect of the game can accomplish. But something about committing to a schedule while in a life already filled with scheduled things is hard to commit to. I understand 100% that this is a "me" problem. I find raid teams I can make the times no problem, it's late enough that all my daily responsibilities are done and the chances of something coming up are low. I find teams I get along with, and I also consider myself a pretty good player. I can keep up with whatever the expansion calls for whether it's AP, Renown, Azerite power, etc. I actually get a decent amount of time to game in the early morning and at night.

But for some reason I always end up quitting a month into a guild and just pugging the entire expansion, I'll do mythic + with my friend group and pug heroic raiding to see all the content. Is anyone else like this?

The only thing I can see that bothers me is the skill level I play at, which is AOTC early on, and then attempting as much mythic raiding as we can usually 50% of the tier ends up draining me, because there's never such a thing as a break or farm content. And I see this early on and feel like id rather be doing something else in WoW with my friends like mythic + or heroic pugging, instead of pushing mythic raid bosses not created for the majority of the population for the next 6 months at night.
    yes and no.

For me no more real 10 man mythics killed it. We had a group of 15 to 16 people. so if you did not want/could raid. We used to have back up. But since the change we had to recruit. It was more common we did not go because of lacking a certain person etc.

And that is the cause for me why committing to a new raiding team is hard. Because the schedule used to be less....extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    Point is: starting from certain levels - be it sports or MMO - just committing time is not enough; you have to also be on schedule (and yes - commit more time too).
    But no one is talking about "certain levels", which in this case is basically mythic. Sure, you want to be a MYTHIC raider, commit to a guild and a schedule. Anything below that? Nothing wrong with facilitating ad-hoc play.

Aye, and to be honest it's less that I hate schedules, but more that I literally can't commit to one. Sometimes I wish I just worked a 9-5; Sure life can get in the way outside of work, but at least there's some consistency there.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But no one is talking about "certain levels", which in this case is basically mythic. Sure, you want to be a MYTHIC raider, commit to a guild and a schedule. Anything below that? Nothing wrong with facilitating ad-hoc play.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Stick with world quests, lobby runs and that’s it.

You want higher tier of gameplay - you invest time and discipline.

I used to raid hardcore top 10 6 nights a week, then slowly over time RL commitments came up and I went down to 2-3 nights a week, but in shadowlands even that was too much so I had to quit. I wish there was more challenging and rewarding content outside raiding that didnt demand permanently giving up 2-3 nights a week to do. I would love Blizz to expand and improve the m+ system more and make it a proper endgame system, being able to jump on into a small group for 30mins or so of content is perfect, but currently it feels a bit flat compared to raiding.
    I dont know if it's just my guild/friends but no one seems to have the time anymore to commit to raiding every week on a fixed schedule, it kinda feels like an outdated idea at this point.