Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They will launch during this window. They need to. Only thing that'll stop them is the rocket falling apart before they can light it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Next launch attempt is next Wednesday. Assuming no other unforeseeable thing happens...like a rare hurricane outside of hurricane season. With their luck it might just snow in Cape Canaveral.
    Challenger, you are go for launch fever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They will launch during this window. They need to. Only thing that'll stop them is the rocket falling apart before they can light it.
    Unlike with Shuttle, there will be nobody on board. Only scientific experiments, four lego minifigures, and a Snoopie plush will be lost.

They're pressing ahead with the launch attempt. Just under 18 hours now.

10+ Year Old Account
    1:04am EST is when the window opens. Weather is solid. Best of luck to mission control.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Fueling still going according to plan. Just under 6 hours now.

A bit over an hour to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unluckiest rocket ever.

Countdown has resumed. Launch time 1:47am EST.

T-3 minutes

Finally she is up. No problems so far.

This was pretty nerve wrecking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see it from my house. Most amazing night launch I've seen, could see the rocket for a full 7 mins, the SRBs had separated and nearly disappeared before I could hear it. Can't wait until the camera feeds turn on.

Orbit achieved. No kaboom. We'll see in a few minutes if the upper stage works just as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Scott Manley seems to think some of the footage from the upper stage showed a leak:

https://twitter.com/DJSnM/status/1592778833815822338

That would be unfortunate at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was a leak it does not seem to have impacted the schedule for now. First upper stage burn was good. Next burn in half an hour-ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Good second burn and capsule separation.

A very impressive launch, it's a shame that there was not more cameras available I would have loved to have seen the launch from onboard cameras.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Orbit achieved. No kaboom. We'll see in a few minutes if the upper stage works just as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Scott Manley seems to think some of the footage from the upper stage showed a leak:

https://twitter.com/DJSnM/status/1592778833815822338

That would be unfortunate at this point in time.
    That is what in the spaceflight industry is called a vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    A very impressive launch, it's a shame that there was not more cameras available I would have loved to have seen the launch from onboard cameras.
    I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that the cameras on board are recording in 8k and saving locally, to be recovered on return next month.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that the cameras on board are recording in 8k and saving locally, to be recovered on return next month.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Obviously overshadowed by the SLS launch, but SpaceX was awarded another crewed lunar landing yesterday to take place during Artemis 4. That's a big vote of confidence in Starship at this point in its development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously overshadowed by the SLS launch, but SpaceX was awarded another crewed lunar landing yesterday to take place during Artemis 4. That's a big vote of confidence in Starship at this point in its development.
    I've read it has more to do with Gateway not being where they want it in its development. This way they can guarantee at least a landing if there's no Gateway module to dock with.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've read it has more to do with Gateway not being where they want it in its development. This way they can guarantee at least a landing if there's no Gateway module to dock with.
    Still, signing that extension now is insane. Artemis 4 is tentatively scheduled for 2027 at this point (and let's be honest, it's not gonna meet that), so NASA has got to be liking what they're seeing in the HLS-Starship development so far.

5+ Year Old Account
    Still, signing that extension now is insane. Artemis 4 is tentatively scheduled for 2027 at this point (and let's be honest, it's not gonna meet that), so NASA has got to be liking what they're seeing in the HLS-Starship development so far.
    You'd be surprised; they are already producing long lead parts for the SLS to be used in Artemis 4