Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The auction house can run out of stock because it doesn't generate tokens. No one has said the Blizzard website will run out of tokens. Digital items can go out of stock. Try buying a BoE from the AH when none are listed. Or herbs. Or mounts, pets, etc.

If a player has to wait until the AH is restocked then the AH has first went out of stock, right? You keep acknowledging the issue happens while saying it can't happen.
    You cant run out of a digital item, plain and simple, are players still buying them now the answer is yes so they have not run out of them since the tokens were launched.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You cant run out of a digital item, plain and simple, are players still buying them now the answer is yes so they have not run out of them since the tokens were launched.
    Context. The in-game Auction House has sold out. You are talking about a separate system. The Blizzard store. Both exist at the same time and one can sell out of digital items because it requires items to be posted on it. Even the BMAH sells out of items and it is populated by Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You're both correct, it's just Kenn doesn't know how to phrase his comments correctly.
    You were saying?
    You cant run out of stock on a digital item, so they can never be sold out, its an item that has no limit on supply, there is a constant stream of players buying them so any player who wants one will get one.
    Again if the item is OUT OF STOCK a player who wants one will NOT get one. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Double down on being wrong, it's cool. I'll remember this the next time they run out so I can have a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Guys, I say this with my deepest sincere meaning: If you worry about gold in WoW, start playing the AH. Waste of time to play the actual game for gold, maybe unless you are hyper efficient.
    This advice does not work at all. If everyone started "playing the AH" then nobody would be making gold off of it. In any capitalistic system there must be losers in addition to winners. In fact, the losers have to outnumber the winners by large margins. The reason you are making millions from the AH is that there are thousands of players losing tens of thousands to you, each.

And this is why the token is so attractive. Because the vast majority of players are not capable of making large sums of gold by the very design of the system.

It's the same reason why "get an education" is such a worthless solution in RL. If everyone "got an education" then all of McDonald's employees would possess college degrees because there must be someone manning the fry station.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Then you have horrid memory.
    Garrison gold
    Order hall gold
    Adventure table gold
    All three had their rewards nerfed at prepatch.
    calling type things were not nerfed in prepatch. I'm talking specifically about callings, not tables.

P.S. I think there was some conversation about making gold on AH happening? I'm on a semi dead server. no, I will not transfer my characters. but that does mean that AH is not really a viable option for me to make gold. silly me, trying to doing through other in game means. and callings do require some effort/active play so they are not even remotely comparable to table missions.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-11-17 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

Is 36 million supposed to be like a lot or something? Because it really isn't. Also, with gold inflation being what it was this expansion was one of the easiest to make gold if you were able to corner some legendary markets. How much gold did you enter WoD/Legion/Shadowlands with? Cause some people, like me, entered WoD well over 50mil.
    Where did I say I was flexing in any way dude? Stop reading between the lines. Also I know people made 100-250 million gold selling lego's on 2-3 realms no lifing it. I never even got into lego marked in SL, but other items was plenty of income, as was WOD, legion and BFA for me...I made a lot of gold over the years, 75-100 million, and thats without anything but pure AH play. Im very good at what I do, and been doing AH play since wotlk. Thanks.-.

Hell even back in BFA there was posts about boosters who made 50 million gold...All this info is from wow economy reddit, where I have seen plenty of real screenshots.

@tomten I know 36 is respectable but also less than people who sold lego's or 24/7 boosting. I worked hard for it however, and its come over many years, having spend a lot as well. I only do like 30-60 mins of work average on AH play pr. day when the marked demands it (Or maybe 4-5 hours during patch bonanza)...Like haven't done any AH play for some months now etc on retail. I made 11 million gold first 30 days on 9.2 - Inflation is fun...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-11-17 at 06:50 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    @tomten I know 36 is respectable but also less than people who sold lego's or 24/7 boosting. I worked hard for it however, and its come over many years, having spend a lot as well. I only do like 30-60 mins of work average on AH play pr. day when the marked demands it (Or maybe 4-5 hours during patch bonanza)...Like haven't done any AH play for some months now etc on retail. I made 11 million gold first 30 days on 9.2 - Inflation is fun...
    Like I said. Its a good number and far far above average. Start of expos or raid tiers with boes is always insane money. I made on average 750k per item start of castle. And was pretty sweet because you could force reset mythic trash with a "bug" or "clever use of game mechanics" so you could farm it endless every day.
    I stopped when I had about 20 million. Spent most of it on trash stupid shit. Like every leggo for every class and alt I dont even play and stupid mounts lol.
    But its a fun time and I'm looking forward to end of the month :P

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Then you have horrid memory.
    Garrison gold
    Order hall gold
    Adventure table gold
    All three had their rewards nerfed at prepatch.
    The poster you quoted is talking about the callings; you're right about the missions, but if you take for example the bfa gold emissaries, they lasted 1 month into SL, I know cause I did them and picked 2 birds with 1 stone: gold and exp on my level 50 toons, which was the post squish bfa level cap.

It was unnecessary to nerf gold from callings and tables before the expansion actually launches, but we're only talking two weeks here-- who cares?

It certainly needed to be done after the launch regardless, otherwise you'd be incentivizing players to grind old content for money. And when players have an incentive, they follow it, no matter how much they hate every second.

36 million is impressive. I never grinded callings but I abused the mission table to hell and back since WoD (and hated every second of it) and I'm just over 22 million. I did buy the AH mount, though.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-11-25 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not possible to sell out, there is billions of gold in circulation, and multiple millions if not billions get generated every single day, players dont buy gold enough for them to ever run out. The only limit is the tokens that are being sold, there is always someone to buy a token though.
    Spoken like someone that never bought a lot of tokens... I've seen them sell out more times than I can count.

You're not going to convince a conspiracy theorist with logic and evidence, but I applaud your efforts nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    The only gold income they don't nerf is the buying gold from them.
    Except they are not selling gold. Gold from token sales are from other players which acquired them in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    A lot of people used Blizzard's foolishness to make themselves wow millionaires in WoD. Wish I did it
    ironicly i made my millions with WOD garrisons setting it up for earning max garrison resources along with a trading post and having a fleet of tailors making hexweave bags. when blizzard changed the treasure finding trait on followers to even more increased garrison resources, this played huge to my favor.so with a level 2 tavern, i would get a follower with that trait. prices for mats would vary daily for fur, etc. garrison still made huge gold for me with the hexweave bags all thru legion, due to being cheaper and easier to make

BFA killed my bag making, due to the mats the game puked out dropped BFA 30 slot bags from servers i was on as low as 69g on high pop servers to 150-200g on low pop servers

garrison was a 4 year run for me, first two years also made alot of gold from herbs and ore that could be collected daily even as a non gatherer

SL mission table does not even come close to the gold that players had with WOD garrison mission table with a fleet of treasure hunter trait followers could turn a 2000g mission for 3 followers into 8000g on completion, along with the building that added more of these gold missions. the SL gold missions for me were in the 200 to below 400g range and averaged 1-3 per day. WOD would bury that one one mission alone and to think you could get 4-6 of the treasure hunter missions

my friend did the gold mission focus, i did bags, i helped him convert to bags in legion when the masses would tell people garrisons are now worthless and no point doing while buying my bags on their 44th alt.
    Last edited by pinkz; 2022-12-06 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    ironicly i made my millions with WOD garrisons setting it up for earning max garrison resources along with a trading post and having a fleet of tailors making hexweave bags. when blizzard changed the treasure finding trait on followers to even more increased garrison resources, this played huge to my favor.so with a level 2 tavern, i would get a follower with that trait. prices for mats would vary daily for fur, etc. garrison still made huge gold for me with the hexweave bags all thru legion, due to being cheaper and easier to make
    Played with a few people and one of them had like 5-6 alts (no clue how he did it) and that's all he did was go for the tavern to get treasure finding mission. He made bank and I hated him for it. Days wish we could know the future would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Played with a few people and one of them had like 5-6 alts (no clue how he did it) and that's all he did was go for the tavern to get treasure finding mission. He made bank and I hated him for it. Days wish we could know the future would be great.
    get the barracks to where it lets you gave 25 followers, get the inn/tavern to level 2, hire a follower each week, inactivate ones that don't have the trait. it was that simple.

i forgot to mention, i had alts making goblin gliders from mats from garrison trading posts was still making gold into SL, every launch of a expac they sold insanely fast. Blizzard killed my glider making when they merged AHs for consumables, was not happy seeing my 10g+ gliders going for less than 2g. also with DF having dragon flying at start players need even less gliders.

wasting garrison resources now on MOP cooking mats that when cooking can random proc a pet called left overs, random mission with the satchel with the BOA trinket to sell, i have no crafters to make tmog gear

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    get the barracks to where it lets you gave 25 followers, get the inn/tavern to level 2, hire a follower each week, inactivate ones that don't have the trait. it was that simple.
    What he did. Then multiple people started to catch on and the rest is history. During WoD I sometimes made bank just by farming those bloods that required barn level 3. Hopefully you have the chef's hat to speed up cooking.