10+ Year Old Account
    I am thankfully enjoying the Evoker class. I was worried that they wouldn’t click for me, but I am having a lot of fun with my little dragon.

I definitely find the “blue” side of devastation to be more enjoyable than the red side. Azure Strike is quickly becoming one of my favorite abilities, and I love proccing Eternity Surge off of Disintegrate.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria/Draenor world bosses have 'greatly' improved drop rate. This is exactly what I hoped when I heard about Dracthyr bug, my first thought was that they are doing something with system.

And I'm so glad I didn't bother with farming any of these 5 or stupid frogs. This year somehow I also got both Rocket & Infinite timereaver (which are candidates for nerf as well, although they are for evergreen content after all), so looks like I'm done with really painful drop rates.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Turalyon being hamfisted into becoming an evil zealot villain at this point would be so out of character that it'd shatter whatever believability is left in the story. Do a story about an antagonistic Light faction and bring back evil Yrel, sure, but if you throw Turalyon in there you might as well make Anduin and Velen megalomaniac mustache-twirling villains too and throw out any pretense of the characters or plot having an ounce of consistency. Really have no idea what makes people want another rehash of MoP but with the factions swapped this time after seeing how BfA went.
    I mean poeple have been saying it for years about him. Does he act evil right now? Nah not yet hes time, he will tho. But idk if thats a df story tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean poeple have been saying it for years about him. Does he act evil right now? Nah not yet hes time, he will tho. But idk if thats a df story tbh.
    No he doesn't. And people are saying that because they have no idea what they're talking about.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No he doesn't. And people are saying that because they have no idea what they're talking about.
    Uhm its not like its a difficult story... I am sure the people know what they are talking about.

These comments usually come from people who are a fan and dont want him to die. The way the story could go in their eyes doesnt seem farfetched at all.

Its just not yet the time i would say.

Uhm its not like its a difficult story... I am sure the people know what they are talking about.
    They have no idea what they're talking about. There is no evidence that Turalyon is this evil mastermind tyrant who is going to become a raidboss, it's headcanon. Could it happen? Sure. But I doubt Blizzard would turn one of their oldest paladin heroes into a villain to please a small section of the playerbase's fanfiction.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2022-11-17 at 06:54 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    They have no idea what they're talking about. There is no evidence that Turalyon is this evil mastermind tyrant who is going to become a raidboss, it's headcanon.
    Guys.. you act as if turalyon has this super deep story and only a select few know how to handle it. Its not.

There is no headcanon here, what an odd way to say this about something that was only suggested and discussed apon in here.
    You can dissagree ofc, but the ideas were atleast fun to read imo

But again this is not the time with df.

- - - Updated - - -

They have no idea what they're talking about. There is no evidence that Turalyon is this evil mastermind tyrant who is going to become a raidboss, it's headcanon. Could it happen? Sure. But I doubt Blizzard would turn one of their oldest paladin heroes into a villain to please a small section of the playerbase's fanfiction.
    No one said anyything about evil mastermind... that was never the idea. It came forth that hes a very influenced chararacter. He was/is so attacthed to hes belief that makes him an easy target. A future puppet.

Idk I quite liked that idea. It could be done in so many differnt ways.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-11-17 at 07:06 AM.

There is no headcanon here.
    I don't mean you in particular, but there are some people who have a huge headcanon about Turalyon being this evil zealot and tyrant, despite there being literally no evidence for this. I just can't imagine them going down this path with an old character to please a small section of the fanbase that has no basis in the actual story. In fact if I remember correctly Turalyon is usually the least tyrannical, between Alleria and Turalyon, based on the prequel book to Shadowlands.

No one said anyything about evil mastermind... that was never the idea. It came forth that hes a very influenced chararacter. He was/is so attacthed to hes belief that makes him an easy target. A future puppet.

So attached in fact that he's fully willing to ignore them in favour of his wife. Very attached indeed.

Your entire point is purely based on your headcanon that ignores the actual character shown.

These comments usually come from people who are a fan and dont want him to die. The way the story could go in their eyes doesnt seem farfetched at all.

Its just not yet the time i would say.
    It's not about the story. People just see some "new" character that went angry for 5 seconds because Illidan killed what he believed to be the only chance against the Burning Legion they had and suddenly "HES EVIL".

Most people who say that don't even know who he is. Him and Alleria spend a thousand years fighting back the Burning Legion and now they are going to become evil?

It's not about the story. People just see some "new" character that went angry for 5 seconds because Illidan killed what he believed to be the only chance against the Burning Legion they had and suddenly "HES EVIL".
    I don't know how it's possible for anyone to see the rejection cinematic and come to that conclusion, when it seemed very obvious to me. That cinematic is really where all of the evil Turalyon stuff started in the community.

And yet again, he shrugged the death of the most powerful Naaru after 5 mins. A Naaru that was literally killed by a dude that looked corrupted af. Anyone looking at Illidan would assume he's an agent of the Burning Legion at first.

Most people who say that don't even know who he is. Him and Alleria spend a thousand years fighting back the Burning Legion and now they are going to become evil?
    Let's not forget that he dropped the topic almost immediately afterwards as well and didn't even bring it up again. It was a spur of the moment thing that resulted in no meaningful action. If anything, this suggests the opposite of what people are claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's not forget that he dropped the topic almost immediately afterwards as well and didn't even bring it up again. It was a spur of the moment thing that resulted in no meaningful action. If anything, this suggests the opposite of what people are claiming.
    People think he went more like "nooo you killed my god! my only reason for existing".

When in truth it was more like "wtf have you done? you destroyed one of our best chances to fight back against the legion."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how it's possible for anyone to see the rejection cinematic and come to that conclusion, when it seemed very obvious to me. That cinematic is really where all of the evil Turalyon stuff started in the community.
    Never thought that was super clear here.. , I can understand where it comes from. It wouldnt spark that conversation if it was super clear at the time. I also thought the first time I saw it. It was Turalyon being shown as weak.. blinded by faith and stuff.

But ye, like I said I liked certain ideas, suggestions. I dont really care to much how he ends up tbh. I dont think he needs to die. He does feel slightly out of place.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-11-17 at 07:36 AM.

Alleria is another example too.

Alleria as a character would never become evil willingly. Wouldn't even be misguided. The only way Alleria ever becomes evil is if she loses total control of her mind and the void completely takes over. But in that case it's not Alleria anymore.

Another thing, I doubt Turalyon would become evil even if he loses Alleria. He would be stricken with grief, sure. Seek justice? Most likely. But turn evil? Nope, that's just not who he is.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria is another example too.

Alleria as a character would never become evil willingly. Wouldn't even be misguided. The only way Alleria ever becomes evil is if she loses total control of her mind and the void completely takes over. But in that case it's not Alleria anymore.

Another thing, I doubt Turalyon would become evil even if he loses Alleria. He would be stricken with grief, sure. Seek justice? Most likely. But turn evil? Nope, that's just not who he is.
    idk where she stand. She is bitter about silvermoon.. got kicked out. Idk if she has any grudges left atm. Kinda hard to find a solid awnser as we probably wont find out with the truce now on place. Hence I said its not the time right now. Turning evul would be out of place, cus that would mean she lost control like you said, idk how feastable that is right now.

He doesnt have to be evil.. he could think hes right in hes own way. I dont see anything of that happening right now.

If I have to think of something, I would see it more as some kind of parasite. It would be a slowbuild up and eventually he would be pushed over, but brought back to hes senses. Losing alleria at that moment could be that push over.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-11-17 at 07:48 AM.

I don't think we are going to see evil turalyon any time soon but I do think yrel will be part of him becoming brainwashed

Right now I'm curious about the scarlet crusade and how they've been doing during the 5 years of no anduin. It seems to me at least that they scrapped Bolvar reuniting with his wife and his daughter being revealed to be the menethil heir either because it didn't fit or it was just part of a patch story that got ditched.

If turalyon does go full light slave I imagine his family will be the ones to snap him out of it and in doing so his wife will kill him like she's been shown in her visions.

Can't lie though I'm hyped for more story stuff now that we are done with SL

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I don't think we are going to see evil turalyon any time soon but I do think yrel will be part of him becoming brainwashed

Right now I'm curious about the scarlet crusade and how they've been doing during the 5 years of no anduin. It seems to me at least that they scrapped Bolvar reuniting with his wife and his daughter being revealed to be the menethil heir either because it didn't fit or it was just part of a patch story that got ditched.

If turalyon does go full light slave I imagine his family will be the ones to snap him out of it and in doing so his wife will kill him like she's been shown in her visions.

Can't lie though I'm hyped for more story stuff now that we are done with SL
    Azurathel calls him a zealot upon meeting him and adds that one should be wary of zealots.

I will be thoroughly shocked if Turalyon doesn't end up villain in the Light expansion.

7+ Year Old Account

But the Legion did nothing wrong? I would rather be some Demonlady with a nice palace on Argus than a brainwashed Light/Order/Life slave. Void or Death would also work out for me, I guess.

#TEAMGIRAFFE