7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    all these gigachad gods blow up galaxies with their mega brains and others Deus ex machina is not interesting. People are only interested in humanoid dramas.
    Hmmm, guess all that talk and speculations about Titans, First Ones, Void Lords, WoW cosmology that I saw plenty here, just didn't happen?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

all these gigachad gods blow up galaxies with their mega brains and others Deus ex machina is not interesting. People are only interested in humanoid dramas.
    Considering the reaction to BFA (Blizzard is evil/promoting fascist agendas!!!) they aren't going to do that until a revamp, if ever. Realistic conflicts gets the modern WoW audience's panties in a twist because it's too close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    First Ones
    To be fair, those don't count and nobody likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Poggers in the chatta? https://twitter.com/unshackled_fury/...xI652xv1OlqQjA

- - - Updated - - -

Super excited about this considering the reveal of tons of encrypted content already from Ion. Hype!
    Nice to hear they are repeating what they said about going for better patches compared to Slands. I think this is backed up by 10.1 Underground in the files and the Slitherdrake mount basically being finished at launch, despite being (likely) patch content.

Hopefull we will get 3 big patches this time. But I guess it all depends on how 10.0 and 10.1 will play out with community.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Hopefull we will get 3 big patches this time. But I guess it all depends on how 10.0 and 10.1 will play out with community.
    I'm genuinely apprehensive about the Malfurion thing leading to a community tantrum that cuts down the expansion.

Bitter oldheads are always looking for a crack in the armor to take down an expansion... that could be it.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-11-17 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm genuinely apprehensive about the Malfurion thing leading to a community tantrum that cuts down the expansion.

Bitter oldheads are always looking for a crack in the armor to take down an expansion... that could be it.
    I mean it IS stupid. I think the expansion will sail on having solid gameplay which is what matters by far the most but nothing about its story has me excited and that particular story beat . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it IS stupid. I think the expansion will sail on having solid gameplay which is what matters by far the most but nothing about its story has me excited and that particular story beat . . .
    The story really isn't that bad, you seem to be looking at a completely different story.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't think a lot of ppl even remeber Malfurion, maybe just from "save me tyrande" memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I don't think a lot of ppl even remeber Malfurion, maybe just from "save me tyrande" memes.
    He's a WarCraft III main character. I highly doubt anybody considers him irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Criticism does not constitute an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    He's a WarCraft III main character. I highly doubt anybody considers him irrelevant.
    Thats about the only good thing about him to be honest. Warcraft 3 and the novels to him justice, but in wow he is for the most part the random dude that shows up with tyrande.
    He even feels like a side character in his own storys like firelands and the emerald nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, that still needs a good explanation. Maybe Dragon Isles will open the path for a retcon that could help render that more sensible due to the amount of stupidity that it accidentally lends the Titans.

As for the Titans as a whole, my other comment on this matter sums it up. I like the reversal to the pre-Chronicle portrayal of the Titans as cold, alien authoritarian beings, but this also confuses things because they're also portrayed as fallible, emotional, and very much moral beings in Chronicles and Legion.
    The Cataclysm main Thrall plot and especially 4.3 is the stupidest chain of events to have taken place in the narrative. I don't mean most infuriating or most damaging to the setting, in those far more relevant fields it basically didn't matter, but everyone involved in that story is a raging moron and the story itself is connected with bits of string. They mentioned getting back the Aspect powers as the whole expansion hinges on backsies, but not the infertility directly, though we'll know when we play through it I suppose. Given that the conflict hinges heavily on the Titans and with three other Incarnates up they've at least another patch in them they've plenty of chances to bring it up. Or hell, just shelve it entirely, say it wasn't the plan and it was just a cost of their powers being spent on Deathwing or whatever.

No comment on the Titans, as we've talked, that's pretty much my view exactly. It's good we're going back to the pre-Chronicle/Legion characterization and nothing out of keeping has taken place but I can see how people who's primary exposure and impression of them were the giant space dads from the end of Antorus would be confused.

@Cheezits

With the Light I can somewhat follow at least the reasoning involved even if I still entirely disagree with the complaints. With the Titans it's legitimately groundless. The only reason there's this chat at all is Legion and in part the general post-SL mood.

Re: Malfurion. For the life of me I can't force myself to give a shit, but it will flood every forum with scores of Night Elf posters, some of which will have wished for his death already, so bear with. There's something to be said about how despite having 20 years in the setting, the largest impression he's left is the "Tuuuhraaanda I need you" Xavius meme and endless circlejerks about his Knaak-era power level. Of course, the reason to kill him is let's put it lightly fairly forced and his biggest story issue, said power level, is basically ignored anyway at every step of the game, so there's no ground to off him instead of just leaving him to stalk the woods until some writer comes along who has an idea of what to do with him.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-11-18 at 07:19 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The story really isn't that bad, you seem to be looking at a completely different story.
    I am not saying it's bad. But it's not why I'd be playing this expansion. For me I'd often be excited about the story and want to learn what's happening next and I cannot say I am that passionate about Dragonflight's story. The world building is decent and I am honestly more excited about spending time with the tuskar and centaurs than the dragons. Though I still don't get the timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They mentioned getting back the Aspect powers as the whole expansion hinges on backsies, but not the infertility directly, though we'll know when we play through it I suppose.
    WHat even happened with that infertility plot anyway? We get to the Ruby life pools and they are full of eggs and whelps. Is there some Titan/Dragon IVF facility I am not aware off?

WHat even happened with that infertility plot anyway? We get to the Ruby life pools and they are full of eggs and whelps. Is there some Titan/Dragon IVF facility I am not aware off?
    In Legion it was stored eggs that were running out as no more could be made. This is likely the same spiel. Stone dragon eggs in a Ice and Fire vein to up the population while they've still got reserves.

That or they found the cloning machines that the factions use to up their troop numbers.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    He even feels like a side character in his own storys like firelands and the emerald nightmare.
    I mean the fact that in 4.2 were Malfurion is front and center in the Firelands story, Thrall still gets the cinematic . . .

I mean the fact that in 4.2 were Malfurion is front and center in the Firelands story, Thrall still gets the cinematic . . .
    The best Malfurion content was the Terror of Darkshore cinematic and his appearance in A Good War. Everything since (and before) in the MMO could've been done by a particularly large Mitsubishi air conditioner and nothing of consequence would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The best Malfurion content was the Terror of Darkshore cinematic and his appearance in A Good War. Everything since (and before) in the MMO could've been done by a particularly large Mitsubishi air conditioner and nothing of consequence would change.
    Yeah, Malf in a Good War was what Malfurion was supposed to be. I have nothing against Malf sacrificing himself for the greater good but the story leaked is just not it. Given two examples; they could have had Malf die and stop the burning of Teldrassil solo or maybe have the Emerald Dream be on the verge of collapse and have him die and fully restore it. Send him off doing something super cool.

Yeah, Malf in a Good War was what Malfurion was supposed to be. I have nothing against Malf sacrificing himself for the greater good but the story leaked is just not it. Given two examples; they could have had Malf die and stop the burning of Teldrassil solo or maybe have the Emerald Dream be on the verge of collapse and have him die and fully restore it. Send him off doing something super cool.
    It's a really mechanical contrivance, him going on his way to off himself as a way to punch Ysera's ticket home. It's better if death comes as a cost, one of the main problems of Malf's story is that one of the biggest beats you could conceivably get drama out of, i.e the death of his teacher at the hands of the Horde, is waved away in Cataclysm, but it should come as a result of at the very least a bit of melodrama.

I maintain that he should've died in BFA, either along with or in place of the tree. He's been spinning his wheels since and that's the last time it looked like they had an idea of what to do with him. But then that setup didn't even have the balls to kill Shandris, creating Delaryn solely to fill a spot naturally made for her, let alone Malf.

what's the Turalyon debate, haven't you read Tides of Darkness & Beyond the Dark Portal? read and you understand that he is as soft as Anduin.
    Even the pacifist Anduin cursed Guldan's Horde
    I see what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well except titan plans for the Dragon aspects, what the incarnates are planning, Nozdormu turning into Murozond, the hidden Earthen encampments, what The hid on the plates, what Uldorus is, etc.

Loads to discuss here.
    Uldorus is Tyrhold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I see what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

Uldorus is Tyrhold.
    What Uldorus is created to do. We know that it is Tyrhold, and that it changes elemental magics into order magics that can be infused into Dragon eggs, but we don't know why the titan keepers odd this, or if this is it's original purpose.
    The world revamp dream will never die!