Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can we trivially solo BFA raids now?

Or do we need to wait for launch and lvl 61+?

In particular, Dazar'alor for those sweet-looking sets.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

No, Blizzard actually buffed the old content

Shit some classes still cant solo Legion content yet or can but it takes stupid god like ability to do so.

not sure why Blizzard is so against soloing old raids, especially ones two or more expansions old.

By 70 they shouldn't be too hard numerically, but the issue is in the mechanics I think. For instance Opulence in BDA gets an absurd buff if you don't do both sides before pulling. The realm shift on Rastakhan might screw you over. Stormwall Blockade is a nightmare to solo. So on and so forth. And in Ny'alotha N'zoth is likely impossible to solo as well without resetting him.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    By 70 they shouldn't be too hard numerically, but the issue is in the mechanics I think. For instance Opulence in BDA gets an absurd buff if you don't do both sides before pulling. The realm shift on Rastakhan might screw you over. Stormwall Blockade is a nightmare to solo. So on and so forth. And in Ny'alotha N'zoth is likely impossible to solo as well without resetting him.
    Actually it doesn't change according to those who are on beta even at 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Shit some classes still cant solo Legion content yet or can but it takes stupid god like ability to do so.

not sure why Blizzard is so against soloing old raids, especially ones two or more expansions old.
    The only things in Legion that take any effort are Mythic KJ (you need to do the singularities properly) and Eonar (you just need to know the kill order).

I tried some BfA raids at lvl 70 with good gear in the beta. Nothing really falls over, certainly not in Mythic so forget being able to skip mechanics completely. And with many of the fights requiring multiple people to execute mechanics you cannot really solo them (maybe if you are willing to spend hours at them). That said, that's how things usually are; things that are just two expansions behind usually take some effort. During Legion and BfA we had enormous power gains due to stacking borrowed power so we could solo things from the previous expansion. The power curve in SL was much more shallow and should be even more so in DF without borrowed power so don't expect to be clearing Mythic Nyalotha solo even if some mechanics are disabled unless you are fully geared in the final tier of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only things in Legion that take any effort are Mythic KJ (you need to do the singularities properly) and Eonar (you just need to know the kill order).

I tried some BfA raids at lvl 70 with good gear in the beta. Nothing really falls over, certainly not in Mythic so forget being able to skip mechanics completely. And with many of the fights requiring multiple people to execute mechanics you cannot really solo them (maybe if you are willing to spend hours at them). That said, that's how things usually are; things that are just two expansions behind usually take some effort. During Legion and BfA we had enormous power gains due to stacking borrowed power so we could solo things from the previous expansion. The power curve in SL was much more shallow and should be even more so in DF without borrowed power so don't expect to be clearing Mythic Nyalotha solo even if some mechanics are disabled unless you are fully geared in the final tier of the expac.
    Just a note on that last bit, I think people will be surprised by how much scaling in DF will impact stuff in BfA. When the BfA prepatch hit, 10k DPS was the very maximum players were pulling. By the time we hit the last patch of DF we're likely going to be doing 2-300k, bursting over a million DPS at times. It'll be an absolute cakewalk.

7+ Year Old Account
    legacy damage should be active when we are 11 levels above old content or something i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Macnessa View Post
    No, Blizzard actually buffed the old content
    Except they didn't... Soloing didn't change at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

I think you missed the part where some classes still cant solo legion content very well and this still holds true, now some classes its a fucking cakewalk and they could solo it with no gear on but I have all classes at 60 with 250 level gear and my rogue gets annihilated on some fights yet my Ret Pally only has to sneeze at the same fight to win it. Lets not even get started on my hunter who has yet to find a fight she cant solo in old content.

There is also some weirdness going on with the scaling right now and some gear has not gotten the memo at all and is ilvl 50 when it should be 100 - 200 levels higher.

So right at this moment no you cant trivially solo fights, you can take a stab at them and see if the scaling curb stomps you or you can take a Prot Pally or Hunter to the fight and kill it just by looking at the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except they didn't... Soloing didn't change at all
    Except it did change and not in a good way. It likely was not a deliberate change on their part but they changed another part of the system and it fucked scaling in areas not intended.

This nearly always happens at the drop of a new expansion so it should get fixed by patch 10.2 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    ...no you cant trivially solo fights...

...it should get fixed by patch 10.2 or so.
    oof‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Or do we need to wait for launch and lvl 61+?

In particular, Dazar'alor for those sweet-looking sets.
    Some bosses aren't trivial, others are, but BoD is definitely doable on normal and heroic (besides heroic Rastakhan). Mythic is a lot more specialized and requires specific classes with very good gear currently (and I don't recall if you can do every boss, Opulence mythic requires something like 290+ ilevel), but it should be accessible to nearly all classes at level 70.

Also, the legacy buffs in old content are used to compensate for stat squishes (since those change gear scaling from exponential --> linear). Since there's been no stat squish from the end of BFA till now, they don't need to add one; as someone who really enjoys challenges when soloing old content, I personally appreciate that they didn't add one for no reason.
    Last edited by Zayele; 2022-11-23 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Just a note on that last bit, I think people will be surprised by how much scaling in DF will impact stuff in BfA. When the BfA prepatch hit, 10k DPS was the very maximum players were pulling. By the time we hit the last patch of DF we're likely going to be doing 2-300k, bursting over a million DPS at times. It'll be an absolute cakewalk.
    Some fights yes but some fights that have mechanics like rastakhan the loa council fight etc are going to be a blockade for soloers
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2022-12-01 at 09:27 PM.

It sounds to me that the gist of the above is that we are looking for the most part at what
    is essentially a dps race in most but not all cases. And that the exceptions to the rule will
    grow with difficulty levels, especially mythic.

Always so silly you cant just solo all raids the next exp. Let people have fun...ALSO MYTHIC Ghuun ^^ It will never be solo or Nzoth
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Always so silly you cant just solo all raids the next exp. Let people have fun...ALSO MYTHIC Ghuun ^^ It will never be solo or Nzoth
    I think with enough gear you "might" be able to on specific classes that can solo the ball.

I don't think it will be easy either way though. Even in full fated mythic I struggled with normal jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yeah they definitely will nerf Ghuun and Nzoth at some point in the future. Remove the need to do orbs and remove the cloak requirements. Hopefully this will happen in 10.X not in expansion after DF.

Some classes still struggle to solo content from the Legion, or they can, but only with ridiculously powerful godlike abilities.

I'm unsure of the reasoning behind Blizzard's opposition to soloing old raids, especially those that are two or more expansions old.

I soloed Mythic Tomb of Sargeras with no issue on my Prot Warrior. Until I got to KJ trash and there is a DoT that gets applied that ticks up and my ticks got to 99 (max) and was doing 70,000 HP every 2 seconds. I had to play with the talents a bit to pick up as many interrupt or stun/fear abilities as I could and focus the Mobs that cast it. KJ was a breeze I didn’t even soak the swirly’s and didn’t bother with anything except DPSing him

On another class I’m sure it isn’t that easy though.

Quote Originally Posted by SAbadshah View Post
    Some classes still struggle to solo content from the Legion, or they can, but only with ridiculously powerful godlike abilities.

I'm unsure of the reasoning behind Blizzard's opposition to soloing old raids, especially those that are two or more expansions old.
    I don't see any opposition there; Blizzard clearly said content two expansions old should be soloable. So why aren't they? Couple of potential answers.

1) They deprioritized fixing older content because they don't listen to player feedback.
    2) They deprioritized fixing older content due to limited resources.
    3) They want to do it but failed due to a mix of COVID, the various harassment scandals causing heavy attrition in their leads, the Activision buyout, general resourcing, and/or incompetence.

My guess is a mix of all three.