Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

I tested a Dractyr and my god...

...how boring.

Zero mobility, a super colorization of skills that makes it look like this gecko has swallowed a rainbow.
    It is a ranged class with only 25 yards and zero mobility. How to solve the problem? You have to keep healing like crazy.
    Soar has a 5 fucking minute cooldown. Seriously? I'd rather forget that the only cool skill can't be used when we want it because it's still on cooldown. And why the hell can't the Dractyr form use my Hunter's mail xmogs?? The shape of the body?? Why... it's the same type as the worgen.
    Oh, and I thought the worgen was clumsy walking... but Dractyr outdid himself.

And to think that with 10 times less time and resources they could have made a super fast class, really dark and menacing and with more badass spells than we can imagine... (Oh! Did anyone think about Dark Ranger?).

Just sad. I already deleted my Dractyr. Congratulations if you have fun controlling a gecko more paralyzed than a pole and spitting rainbow balls.

[[[ UPDATE ]]]

Okay everyone!!!!

I tested it again following the tip this time to spend as many points as possible to buff the Hover.
    Well... mobility has improved, but the same mobility is still rubbish compared to the Hunter BM (To be honest, even the Hunter MM is faster and as you don't have to spend a lot of talent points to be able to move it's efficient in the DPS).
    Finally, updating:
    Dractyr (if you spend a lot of points to buff the Hover that could follow a trail to improve other stats) has nice mobility but still quite a long way from other ranged classes.
    It follows a rubbish concept with a ranged of only 25 yards that drives you crazy. It's very vulnerable.
    As a fan of the dark anti-hero archetype... I made a Dractyr as dark as possible... but every time it uses a different fire spell, rainbows come out everywhere and I HATE planting flowers.

The gecko walks awkwardly, reminding me a lot of my uncle Valdomilson when he's dying to go to the bathroom.
    It still gives me nightmares to think that Blizz wasted so much time and resources creating a dragon with sharp claws and teeth... that with the exception of 2 or 3 skills, everything else resembles a mage of colorful flowers in the eternal garden of happiness..!
    score: 2/10.
    p.s: I already deleted this second Dractyr too.
    p.s: It's fun to kill Dractyr in BGs with my rogue. Easy to kill and well... killing something you hate makes everything taste better.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say what I would do to fix this tragic idea called Dractyr Evoker:
    1 - Spell range needs to increase to at least 35 yards.
    2- The mobility he gains by spending several points to buff Hover should be a passive and natural mobility of the class.
    3 - For God's sake create a darker or more menacing spec. Every time I needed to spit that rainbow up, I felt like Blizzard was trying to make me feel like a little pink pony.
    4 - Blizzard, we'll all understand if you find it easier to delete the Dractyr and simply put a Dark Ranger in its place.

Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-11-19 at 02:27 PM. Reason: some error

I mean. . . I think they are pretty cool. Sorry you don't like them.

Soar's cooldown is never more than 4m and becomes 1m in DF zones, 3m in old world zones.

Glad you don't like the class, there are too many of us already

Thanks for playing though.

Having an absolute blast playing them in pvp mate. Feels super mobile and fun, big payoff for kiting properly and knowing when to dive in to cc healer and go ham with the damage.

@Fantazma thought you already quit since you stopped posting

I just love how they keep self-owning by getting out of position in pvp or aggroing a million mobs whenever they use deep breath

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    ...how boring.

Zero mobility, a super colorization of skills that makes it look like this gecko has swallowed a rainbow.
    It is a ranged class with only 25 yards and zero mobility. How to solve the problem? You have to keep healing like crazy.
    Soar has a 5 fucking minute cooldown. Seriously? I'd rather forget that the only cool skill can't be used when we want it because it's still on cooldown. And why the hell can't the Dractyr form use my Hunter's mail xmogs?? The shape of the body?? Why... it's the same type as the worgen.

And to think that with 10 times less time and resources they could have made a super fast class, really dark and menacing and with more badass spells than we can imagine... (Oh! Did anyone think about Dark Ranger?).

Just sad. I already deleted my Dractyr. Congratulations if you have fun controlling a gecko more paralyzed than a pole and spitting rainbow balls.

0/10 troll. Plenty of mobility. Fun is subjective. I'm having fun, you're not. I really don't care if you are or aren't. What's the point of this post other than to complain?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see the dark ranger fans are beginning to get to the anger stage of there grief.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    I mean. . . I think they are pretty cool. Sorry you don't like them.
    I even liked the amount of customization options. But no matter how hard I tried to change it always seemed to me that the damn gecko was smiling and happy as if he had just walked out of a children's TV show. Leaving the starting zone and going to Ogrimmar were my most boring minutes on Azeroth. Blizz should pay me for doing this... and not the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    @Fantazma thought you already quit since you stopped posting
    I'm curious what my Rogue will be like at lvl 70. The talents look great to me. Then. I returned to play... and consequently to give an opinion on things.

The gameplay feels lacking compared to other casters.

Maybe that's because we aren't 70 yet, but overall it feels bland.

You flame breath, then do your procs as they come up, use a 3pt essence spender, and then azure strike in the meantime.

Its just...bland. Sure you can cast while moving with hover. But you can do that with mage with ice floes, and mage feels a lot more fun/rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I find the rotation for the Devastation Evoker to be a bit formulaic (relative to WoW), but zero mobility? Between two stacks of Hover in conjunction with Blessing of the Bronze I've found myself highly mobile in combat, especially in the new pre-patch elemental events where there are a lot of ground effects to dodge and weave around. All in all the class is pretty fun - although it's not going to make me change mains any time soon, it's fun for an alt.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    0/10 troll. Plenty of mobility. Fun is subjective. I'm having fun, you're not. I really don't care if you are or aren't. What's the point of this post other than to complain?
    "Plenty of mobility." ??!! Jesus dude, and i'm the troll??

I don't understand Blizzard. What's the point in you being a kind of dragon, with wings and claws... but when attacking you get stuck in 7 out of 10 skills conjuring some colored bubble. It's a character 100% made to suit a very "specific" type of player and I'm glad I'm not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class isn’t for every player. So far I’m enjoying the Evoker far more than I did the Demon Hunter.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    ...how boring.

Didn't you say you quit?

EDIT: You clarified later in this thread that you didn't actually quit, nevermind.

Regardless, if you think Evoker is immobile, you should try death knight. Maybe paladin. Even warlock. The only one-ups that warlock has over evoker is burning rush and gates.
    Last edited by Koollan; 2022-11-17 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Idk man they’re pretty mobile. Especially in keys where you can move for most of your aoe rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

"Plenty of mobility." ??!! Jesus dude, and i'm the troll??

I don't understand Blizzard. What's the point in you being a kind of dragon, with wings and claws... but when attacking you get stuck in 7 out of 10 skills conjuring some colored bubble. It's a character 100% made to suit a very "specific" type of player and I'm glad I'm not one of them.
    For people with ADHD who can't stand still for tenth of a second Blizz made melee classes (plus BM hunter). It's a caster, what did you expect? Position yourself well (that's something ranged have to do often, maybe as a melee player you're not accustomed to that), use Hover smartly and you can pew pew.

Zero mobility? They can move around with 130% speed while casting. 2 repositioning skills that have utility.

If I had a complaint about them, they don't have enough abilities and their rotation gets stale on raids. Hopefully lvl70 and 10 more talent points helps correct that.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...how boring.

I need this quoted and framed on me wall lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    For people with ADHD who can't stand still for tenth of a second Blizz made melee classes (plus BM hunter). It's a caster, what did you expect? Position yourself well (that's something ranged have to do often, maybe as a melee player you're not accustomed to that), use Hover smartly and you can pew pew.
    Let's be frank. Having to keep pressing a button (and which is still enslaved in 35 secs of cooldown) to get a glimpse of mobility is the end of the road...!
    Dractyr is boring. Dractyr is boring. Dractyr is very boring

I don't find Evoker or Dracthyr interesting at all. There are definitely classes I would have much preferred to have seen.

but I respect that other people will like them.

Ultimately I can shrug and walk away because the game doesn't really pull my attention like it used to anyway.