@Breccia

The GOPs choice is to either work with the terrorists within their party and get laughed at or cross the isle to work with Democrats which will ruin them politically with Y’all Queda.

Also, they know nothing they pass will make it through the Senate so virtue signaling is all they have. I doubt they would try and actually pass a bill that helped the nation to rail against the Democrats for shooting it down because then the Dems might actually vote for it and then Biden sign it which they wouldn’t want on such a bill.

So, the party crying sham investigation and witch hunt to legit stuff gets to start actual sham investigations themselves.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Also, they know nothing they pass will make it through the Senate so virtue signaling is all they have.
    Agreed, which is why my snap reflex is "they won't do it". Yeah, super wrong on that one. I thought the fuckup that was the Republican 2022 election collapse would have pushed them away from the Trump cultists, not towards it.

So, dumb fuckin' me assuming the Republican Party was willing to learn from its mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Agreed, which is why my snap reflex is "they won't do it". Yeah, super wrong on that one. I thought the fuckup that was the Republican 2022 election collapse would have pushed them away from the Trump cultists, not towards it.

So, dumb fuckin' me assuming the Republican Party was willing to learn from its mistakes.
    Their choice is to either work with and compromise with the loonies within their own party or work with the Democrats and try and get some of them to help.

Which one hurts them worse to their voters who still have a majority that would vote Trump in the recent polls.

They are riding the tiger at this point and have no off ramp.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My understanding is, much of the MAGA crowd were not voters before Trump.
    You're correct. A lot of MAGA didn't even vote in 2016, 2020 was their first time actively participating in an election. Trump politically activated them and the Conservatives need them to make up for votes lost due to shifting demographics and public opinion.

And those people aren't really interested in politics, they're interested in the sideshow Trump and countless sub-grifters created around. Between the rallies, militias, protests, Q anon, and merchandise, it's like a big carnival mixed with an ARG / LARP / sporting event. They get to engage in some collaborative storytelling, get dressed up every once in a while and cheer for their team.

Those people aren't interested in a normal presidential campaign. They're not interested in a Ron DeSantis.

Trump is an entertainer, and they want to be entertained. Without him, they're going to get bored and check out, or just fall deeper into the rabbit hole of conspiracy and get lost in the sauce.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what? Fine. Whatever. Let them go ahead and fling failed investigation after failed investigation and get nothing for it. After surviving what seemed to many like an unnecessary and vindictive impeachment, Bill Clinton's popularity spiked higher than pretty much anyone else's. Difference is, Biden can be re-elected.

So fuck it. Go ahead. Stake your own fucking party through the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You know what? Fine. Whatever. Let them go ahead and fling failed investigation after failed investigation and get nothing for it. After surviving what seemed to many like an unnecessary and vindictive impeachment, Bill Clinton's popularity spiked higher than pretty much anyone else's. Difference is, Biden can be re-elected.

So fuck it. Go ahead. Stake your own fucking party through the heart.
    Honestly, I'm mostly looking forward to Hunter Biden using every delay tactic that Republicans have been using extensively for the past 4+ years, and Republicans crying about how the same tactics they used are just unfair when they're on the other end of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I'm mostly looking forward to Hunter Biden using every delay tactic that Republicans have been using extensively for the past 4+ years, and Republicans crying about how the same tactics they used are just unfair when they're on the other end of the table.
    Would be good but it will also require him to go on air and specifically stating that he is using them because the Republicans already approved them when Trump and his people used them. Actually call out their hypocrisy publicly so they have to defend their actions if they want to attack his.

Otherwise they will rely on their voters short memories to pretend they never did.

He will need to call them out publicly and often showing how and why he is doing it.

I still haven't actually got a clear idea of what republicans think Hunter Biden might have even done, like what's the supposed scandle?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    I still haven't actually got a clear idea of what republicans think Hunter Biden might have even done, like what's the supposed scandle?
    He got paid by Russia and China and did some drugs and (this one is more legit) may have cheated on his taxes and stuff and things and LAPTOP!

Remember, these are the same people who investigated Clinton 9 times for Benghazi and every time their own people cleared her they opened another and actually spent more money looking into that then we did looking into 9/11.

It’s not about him doing anything, it’s about optics and revenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    may have cheated on his taxes
    I can't wait for the Republican Party so say, under oath, that a family member of a Presidential candidate cheating on their taxes is important enough to warrant an investigation. Please please please, do this.

Probably trying to discover if his dad used his sway to defend him. Since ultimately this is to try and make a scandal, or the appearance of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Trump is an entertainer, and they want to be entertained. Without him, they're going to get bored and check out, or just fall deeper into the rabbit hole of conspiracy and get lost in the sauce.
    I think that might be the biggest problem for republicans Trump has gotten boring, his antics and reactions are predictable now.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2022-11-17 at 08:24 PM.

Didn't they have the Trump as Humpty Dumpty on the wall a day or two after the election?
    yah that was the only thing they had on the cover for days and now they dropped it for their every other day immigration fight.

- - - Updated - - -

He got paid by Russia and China and did some drugs and (this one is more legit) may have cheated on his taxes and stuff and things and LAPTOP!
    Don't you know now he is responsible for the failure of FTX too!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Don't you know now he is responsible for the failure of FTX too!
    ...Hunter Biden is Tom Brady? I knew the Bidens were (sunglasses) true Patriots.

Am I remembering something wrong?

Does the trump announcement for Pres mean the RNC stops paying for his legal bills?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Am I remembering something wrong?

Does the trump announcement for Pres mean the RNC stops paying for his legal bills?
    M Night Shamalamadingdong twist: Almost all of the money people donated to Republican causes like the RNC went to Trump already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

As far as I know, they think it contains evidence that Joe used his political positions to get his son money and power. You know...the shit Trump spent his entire administration doing with his family.

But I could be wrong. Maybe it's something to do with the supposed corruption with that Ukraine? inspector something or other.

They think he did something illegal with Burisma, even though the Trump children have done magnitudes more illegal things, and they just ignored it. And apparently they think those illegal things are directly tied to Joe Biden, even though there is no evidence of it. Their whole claim, relies 10000000% on the fake laptop that can't be confirmed. The laptop that the computer shop owner said had nothing on it when he had it, the laptop that Steve Bannon admitted on recording that they added shit to.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They think he did something illegal with Burisma, even though the Trump children have done magnitudes more illegal things, and they just ignored it. And apparently they think those illegal things are directly tied to Joe Biden, even though there is no evidence of it. Their whole claim, relies 10000000% on the fake laptop that can't be confirmed. The laptop that the computer shop owner said had nothing on it when he had it, the laptop that Steve Bannon admitted on recording that they added shit to.
    The thing is even that is a lie to anyone in leadership and really anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together who have bothered actually looking into it, double standard aside, even Trumps own FBI headed by a Trump lackey and protector even said it was nothing.

Edit: Didn't Bannon admitted to adding stuff to it after they got it.