Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm gonna guess something like from 0.1% to 5-10% - either way, good news for collectors.

Most likely is just a bump to the standard 1% drop rate for mounts in instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    from 0.01% to 0.03%

THEY MORE THAN DOUBLED THE DROP RATE! /s

I feel that. It was getting ridiculous how many mounts were still being farmed since Mists of Pandaria. There is a such thing as too rare, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 persons in my guild got the Sha mount today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    not "hinted", wowhead has actual ingame collected data on raid mounts for example and they're all 1%.

safe to assume these too have been buffed to 1%.
    interesting though is that you get twice the odds if you roll with the coins.

world boss mounts were between 0.1% and 0.01% previous to this, so a massive buff.
    no they don't, the only mounts that had sub 1% drop rates were rivendares deathcharger and midnights reins (original karazhan version), EVERY single mount drop has been fixed at 1% or higher after the backlash the sub 1% mounts caused, as a result all mounts were normalised to 1% or higher at the end of WOTLK, and that hasn't changed to my knowledge since then.

as to the WoWhead drop data, it is there to be educational, nothing more, for the simple reason that the data there is only provided by people who use the addon to add to that data, not only that but there's dozens of mounts that formerly had 100% drop rates that got taken down to 1% after they were no longer current content as a result the drop data for that is massively skewed, this also doesn't factor in BMAH where you can buy certain no longer obtainable mounts from in game sources, or you can buy mounts that previously had extremely low drop rates which again skews the data massively, so trying to argue that it's any way relevant is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    from 0.01% to 0.03%

800% VALUE!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    They increased the drop chance of these mounts because Evokers got them with 100% chance due to a bug.
    I don't believe it was 100% chance. it was the same chance that they'd get a loot drop, which is far less than 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    that's great for that one person who one shots them the second they appear.
    you haven't played in a while, have you

I don't know what fucking "greatly" means.
    Talk to me in numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Most likely is just a bump to the standard 1% drop rate for mounts in instances.
    That's better than 0.1 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    I'm gonna guess something like from 0.1% to 5-10% - either way, good news for collectors.
    5% would be a cause for fucking celebration lol. That would be an insane increase
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    no they don't, the only mounts that had sub 1% drop rates were rivendares deathcharger and midnights reins (original karazhan version), EVERY single mount drop has been fixed at 1% or higher after the backlash the sub 1% mounts caused, as a result all mounts were normalised to 1% or higher at the end of WOTLK, and that hasn't changed to my knowledge since then.

as to the WoWhead drop data, it is there to be educational, nothing more, for the simple reason that the data there is only provided by people who use the addon to add to that data, not only that but there's dozens of mounts that formerly had 100% drop rates that got taken down to 1% after they were no longer current content as a result the drop data for that is massively skewed, this also doesn't factor in BMAH where you can buy certain no longer obtainable mounts from in game sources, or you can buy mounts that previously had extremely low drop rates which again skews the data massively, so trying to argue that it's any way relevant is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

800% VALUE!
    MoP/WoD world bosses were the only exception to this, both in that you had twice the rolls from getting the mount from the normal loot and from a coin bonus roll (normal raid bosses can't drop mounts with bonus rolls) and that the drop chance was much much smaller. i can guarantee you this much.
    just go to the sha of anger mount page and check out the comments, everyone agrees it's much lower than 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, did they fix the issue with Uldaman queues going on forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't know what fucking "greatly" means.
    Talk to me in numbers.
    I'm sure wowhead will pull some new statistics soon, but honestly even a .01% increase would be significate given the generally low drops rate.

This is welcome news. Now if they would just finally add a skip quest to Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic for his mount.

Oh noooo they forgot Mollie!

These mounts were not 1% drops. I know many mount collectors that were in the 1000s of attempts for the WB mounts, some 6000+, that is not a 1% drop, lol.
    I am all for this buff - but can you image how the people that just bought some of these for gold cap feel? Now they are likely easily farmable 1 %ers.
    Also, could this be the "idea" they were considering for the Love Rocket mount to make that a more bare-able grind?
    Someone just posted on the 'Obtained a rare mount?' thread that they got the Taz Vesh glider mount off the last boss on heroic difficulty, but on his new Drac class toon.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Sure buddy, people on mass just had REALLY bad luck with farming Big Love Rocket, mounts from this post, Infinite Timereaver or spider from Mechagon. It's all 1% because you said so, math & data doesn't matter.

Addons that gather data from sample of people are bad for measuring absolute values like number of people playing WoW. They are excellent for stuff like estimated drop rate.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Oh noooo they forgot Mollie!

These mounts were not 1% drops. I know many mount collectors that were in the 1000s of attempts for the WB mounts, some 6000+, that is not a 1% drop, lol.
    I am all for this buff - but can you image how the people that just bought some of these for gold cap feel? Now they are likely easily farmable 1 %ers.
    Also, could this be the "idea" they were considering for the Love Rocket mount to make that a more bare-able grind?
    Someone just posted on the 'Obtained a rare mount?' thread that they got the Taz Vesh glider mount off the last boss on heroic difficulty, but on his new Drac class toon.
    Afaik Mollie is 1%, hence why it's not mentioned along with these. I'm sure Love Rocket will be adjusted to 1% too once the event comes around in the new year. Otherwise this all just seems weird.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sure buddy, people on mass just had REALLY bad luck with farming Big Love Rocket, mounts from this post, Infinite Timereaver or spider from Mechagon. It's all 1% because you said so, math & data doesn't matter.

Addons that gather data from sample of people are bad for measuring absolute values like number of people playing WoW. They are excellent for stuff like estimated drop rate.
    no, it's 1% because blizzard said so in patch notes when altering the drop rate of deathcharger etc, direct quote 'after seeing feedback from players frustrated about low drop rates on mounts and inconsistencies with ways to obtain those mounts, after this update we have normalised drop rates to be more consistent with other mounts behaviours and unless stated otherwise all mounts will be 1% drop rates'

if you want to try and be a smart arse over something, at least try and get some perspective on things, furthermore, BLR has always been a 1% drop rate mount when it was an actual boss drop, it was made much lower drop rate when they moved it into the loot box bullshit.

it's very clear you're new because you would know all of this if you played around that time period.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, it's 1% because blizzard said so in patch notes when altering the drop rate of deathcharger etc, direct quote 'after seeing feedback from players frustrated about low drop rates on mounts and inconsistencies with ways to obtain those mounts, after this update we have normalised drop rates to be more consistent with other mounts behaviours and unless stated otherwise all mounts will be 1% drop rates'

if you want to try and be a smart arse over something, at least try and get some perspective on things, furthermore, BLR has always been a 1% drop rate mount when it was an actual boss drop, it was made much lower drop rate when they moved it into the loot box bullshit.

it's very clear you're new because you would know all of this if you played around that time period.
    I compare stuff to reality where shit ton of people farm this stuff over and over and over again. Some people are doing literally 50 alts for Big Love Rocket and still don't get this mount. I did it (on average) 8 years on 15 characters. That's 1260 tries. You know what is chance I won't get 1% mount in 1680 tries at least once? 1 in 21,521,526. Yeez, I must be very special.

Sheesh, No rollbacks on the accounts who abused the exploit, suspension in China and they have the audacity to announce a "sale".

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    from 0.01% to 0.03%

I'm sure they could make it a lot more common, but all I can think of is how during last year's anniversary event they announced the Illidari Doomhawk drop rate had been increased to 100% and people lost their shit. Because they felt wronged that they had to farm it all day on an army of alts and now everyone could just walk up and get it. Many who hadn't gotten it yet saying that they weren't going to bother because it was no longer rare and therefore not worth getting. Guess some people can never be happy.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm surprised they didn't do a rollback honestly, especially with how much US got out of it compared to any other region. However it's also a good change to increase these drop rates, I don't think there's a need for them to be almost impossible to get especially with how long they have been out for.

I decided to kill Galleon, Sha and Oondasta on a character or two an hour ago. No luck on Hunter, but my Mage got the Galleon mount with it's bonus roll. During that time I heard a few conversations with one person saying they got Sha and Oondasta on the same characters and I've seen a few Sha mounts around. So yeah I don't expect these mounts to be ultra rare going forward
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )