Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, they are terrible. Everything about them is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I think our problem is that I am speaking in PVPnglish and you are speaking in PVEnglish.
    The simple fact you're trying to dismiss my claims as "PvP" when I clearly said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    if you, as a melee, is standing in front of the bosses and mobs the tank are holding aggro from, you're playing very, very wrong.
    You're showing you didn't really read what I wrote.

And still PvE land: if you, as a melee, stand still in fights such as Skolex, Xy'mox, Dausegne, Prototype Pantheon, Lihuvium, Halondrus, Andiun, Lords of Dread, Rygelon and the Jailer-- Oh, look: I just mentioned 90% of the bosses of the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid!-- you will at best, get a nasty debuff, and at worse, die.

I do agree with some criticisms.
    I think the effects do look like they are all over the place.
    I don't like the crises of identity between melee and ranged either.
    Finally, i don't like the spell charging mechanics. It seems i get targeted with something everytime i use them.

I just admit they are not really for me. Looking at it now, i would've liked for them to have be more into the bronze dragonflight schemes with sands and gold effects, which don't exist in ranged dps making it more visually distinct in feel and unique in fantasy. Maybe the arcane/frost ones could go more into silver. I just think the sand effect would be a great way to differentiate them visually from other casters.
    But, whatever. I can live with the fact that not every class appeals to me.

Honestly, i am often not crazy for classes when they are first added cause they feel unfinished and lack focus. A couple of expansions down the line, things start feeling much better. My case in point is DH which with the new talent trees is now fun and has more than 3 buttons. It was the same with DK. Monk was the only exception, but there were growing pain there too.

I still think it was a much better addition than another dark and edgy hunter. My preference is still a Tinker class. Maybe one day.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-11-18 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The simple fact you're trying to dismiss my claims as "PvP" when I clearly said this:

You're showing you didn't really read what I wrote.

And still PvE land: if you, as a melee, stand still in fights such as Skolex, Xy'mox, Dausegne, Prototype Pantheon, Lihuvium, Halondrus, Andiun, Lords of Dread, Rygelon and the Jailer-- Oh, look: I just mentioned 90% of the bosses of the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid!-- you will at best, get a nasty debuff, and at worse, die.
    You got it backwards. He's referring to PVP, you're talking about PVE
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Now in Warsong Gulch you will be able to see a panda running with your faction's flag and you (A DRAGON) will not be able to reach it. "I lol 3000".
    lol no, evokers have an insanely good chase, all their blue spells slow, and they can chase you ez and spam azure strike, with their speed boosts they can easily justy keep you locked in their range. a monk wont be outrunning them with flag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I do agree with some criticisms.
    I think the effects do look like they are all over the place.
    I don't like the crises of identity between melee and ranged either.
    Finally, i don't like the spell charging mechanics. It seems i get targeted with something everytime i use them.

I just admit they are not really for me. Looking at it now, i would've liked for them to have be more into the bronze dragonflight schemes with sands and gold effects, which don't exist in ranged dps making it more visually distinct in feel and unique in fantasy. Maybe the arcane/frost ones could go more into silver. I just think the sand effect would be a great way to differentiate them visually from other casters.
    But, whatever. I can live with the fact that not every class appeals to me.

Honestly, i am often not crazy for classes when they are first added cause they feel unfinished and lack focus. A couple of expansions down the line, things start feeling much better. My case in point is DH which with the new talent trees is now fun and has more than 3 buttons. It was the same with DK. Monk was the only exception, but there were growing pain there too.

I still think it was a much better addition than another dark and edgy hunter. My preference is still a Tinker class. Maybe one day.
    long cast time classes have this exact same issue. destro lock, fire mage, mm hunter, demo lock.
    it sounds like you are playing a class built with long casts in play, as someone who does not like those, some people do.

Time to move on mate

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You got it backwards. He's referring to PVP, you're talking about PVE
    Ah, that's fair. I got it backwards.

But then, it works even worse against him because melee has to move even more so than they do in PvE.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah I see the dark ranger fans are beginning to get to the anger stage of there grief.
    don't lope us in with the OP

Not surprised someone who came back to check out his rogue didnt like the new class. I hate it, but I like melee classes. It's something more suited to someone who enjoys mage or warlock.

While they fight? I mean... if you... are talking about Soar or something used outside of combat I don't think anything beats a rogue worgen on 4 legs. hahahah 100% speed plus 2 charge of shadowstep.
    When I say "zero mobility" I think people here are smart enough to understand that I meant (almost) zero.
    And if you are saying "the most mobility of all classes" during the fight... my god... you need to test a Hunter BM. (But make sure his body is securely attached to the chair.)

- - - Updated - - -

But dude... how can I use it in a fight?
    It doesn't matter if Soar is 5 , 1 minute or 10 secs if this skill (like flight mounts) cannot be used in combat.
    They literally still have the most mobility

Hover
    Rescue
    Fly with me
    Dream flight
    Deep breath

Plus

Time spiral
    Blessing of bronze

No other class is as mobile as them

Exuberance:
    hahahahah... 10% speed and I still have to be in bad health. Really Blizzard?
    I think you may have some problems reading English?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    @Fantazma thought you already quit since you stopped posting
    Nah this simp just posted that he quit so he could throw a temper tantrum online like a child. This post is just a continuation of that type of behavior. He probably played 2-minutes of the Dracthyr starting zone and got angry just saying it sucks when shim never bothered to learn how to play. Probably the same problem he had when he "quit".

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    They literally still have the most mobility

Hover
    Rescue
    Fly with me
    Dream flight
    Deep breath

Plus

Time spiral
    Blessing of bronze

No other class is as mobile as them
    That's silly. DH outmobiles Drachtyr any day any time (not counting Soar because thats not a combat ability).

Complete horse shiet class

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Melee classes once they are in front of the target just hit and don't have to run this way or that way. So DK and Warrior are not good to compare with Evoker. The mage was always a pole..! I really thought that being a dragon species some brain at Blizzard would think Evokers should have more natural mobility. No need to press half the keyboard buttons for this to happen. But this brain at Blizzard was a gut...
    All I'm reading here is you are proudly ignorant.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Having covered my Evoker in Primal Storms gear including passable trinkets and the Uldaman weapon, I've got to say the class is feeling pretty good all around. I still find the APL a bit on the shallow side (it kind of feels like the early DH rotation in Legion), and unless you've become proficient it's very easy to desync the rotation and lose out on DPS. Beyond that, though, the class is quite fun to play and I've not noticed any issues with mobility. I even dipped my toes into PvP a bit to test the theory that the Evoker was slow comparatively and couldn't really see it. I was actually able to mostly keep up with a DH who was zipping from flag to flag in AB, and really felt the class shined in mobility combat and keeping range against various melee classes making use of the Evoker's many snares, slows, and tactical use of Hover. The two "fly to player X" type abilities really work well in PvP, too; albeit maybe not in a manner the devs intended. You can use (or abuse) them to zip across random battlefields, kind of like a crazy form of Disengage or the DH's backflip.

PvP isn't my forte, and I can't say I'm elite at it by any means - but the Evoker feels competitive enough to me, at least for now. How it shakes out in max-level in DF is another matter entirely, and one I've not personally tested.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    That's silly. DH outmobiles Drachtyr any day any time (not counting Soar because thats not a combat ability).
    Ive ran circles around dh in open world on my dracthyr. It is not remotely close.

I would agree that dracthyr run animation is stiff on top of being too silly. These elite soldiers run like ballerinas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Ive ran circles around dh in open world on my dracthyr. It is not remotely close.
    I'd say the DH has the Evoker beat in terms of raw speed, but for the DH it's more a linear speed profile whereas the Evoker kind of shines in circle-strafing and keeping distance on a given target (especially melee). Generally speaking, a DH is going to get from point A to B faster than an Evoker will, but an Evoker is able to move around a given battlefield quicker than even a DH could. This is of course discounting Soar in the open world, talking about combat only.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

long cast time classes have this exact same issue. destro lock, fire mage, mm hunter, demo lock.
    it sounds like you are playing a class built with long casts in play, as someone who does not like those, some people do.
    Hmm standing half in melee compounds the issue though. I don't feel that way playing casters as much. I think being half in melee (aka more prone to movement necessities) makes it worse than those you mention. It's probably more like a 4-5second cast as well.. But, sure. As i admitted, it's just not for me. I am not like those other guys that think every class should appeal to me personally. I am happy if it makes others happy.
    And you never know... down the line with some more refinement i might grow to like it too.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-11-18 at 06:20 PM.