Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is there any lore behind these primal incarnates?

I'm kind of trying to figure out what this new big bad is and dig into it. Is there some established lore behind them, or are they just kind of a new Zovaal? Hoping that there is some connection to things.

7+ Year Old Account
    New evil thing that was sealed they came up with for Dragonflight
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

They're new lore. Established villains are becoming more and more limited, so they have to add some new things. They've gone with Dragons who were loyal to the Elements (and presumably by extension their Old God masters) over the Titans. They're big dragons who go roar and we're killing them for loot, don't worry about it. There's no grand plot to destroy the universe yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm kind of trying to figure out what this new big bad is and dig into it. Is there some established lore behind them, or are they just kind of a new Zovaal? Hoping that there is some connection to things.
    if you really truly cared you wouldn't be asking. This is like an amount of caring that is employed on a selfish level. As in you are bored and want to pick on the game in a thread, caring just enough to waste other people's time asking what anyone actually invested in a story would just... know? because it's presented already?

allow me to waste my time more efficiently

You somehow feel the need to ask "are they just kind of a new Zovaal?" .. and then say you are "Hoping that there is some connection to things."

hmm.. wasn't the primary issue everyone had with Zovaal is that he got put into the head-role of a masterplan that was Warcraft's og stories? Wasn't 'Connection to things' entirely what made people so angry about his presence?

What constitutes them being like a 'new Zovaal' in your logic? That they were imprisoned and released? Nothing new for WoW villains.
    Did Zovaal want to cleanse Azeroth of the Titan's Order, or did he want to Dominate all Reality? Where are you confused.

Oh wait you're not. This is a troll post!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They're new lore. Established villains are becoming more and more limited, so they have to add some new things. They've gone with Dragons who were loyal to the Elements (and presumably by extension their Old God masters) over the Titans. They're big dragons who go roar and we're killing them for loot, don't worry about it. There's no grand plot to destroy the universe yet.
    This, basically.

After the events of Dawn of the Aspects, the Titans empowered the five Flights we know today. The Primalists were the Prodragons who rejected The Titans' gift, choosing to embrace the Elements instead. They fought with the Flights, lost and instead of being wiped out were sealed away on the Dragon Isles. During the war with the Primalists, Neltharion aka Deathwing secretly created the Dracthyr to help deal with the Primalists but then the War of the Anicents broke out. When the Aspects departed for Kalimdor to deal with that, Neltharion put the Dracthyr in stasis probably intending to return before too long. Neltharion became Deathwing, went mad and obviously forgot about the Dracthyr.

Since the Aspects put the Dragon Isles on a timer, when the timer went off they were able to return the their original homeland. We know from the end of the Dracthyr starting experience the Dracthyr as a faction splits: One group joins the Alliance, one group joins the Horde, one group stays behind to take care of the injured and missing, one faction goes rogue and Emberthal has a chat with Nozdormu (the videos).

We don't yet know who the Big Badis yet --I mean final boss of the expansion--and that's fine for now.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    This, basically.

After the events of Dawn of the Aspects, the Titans empowered the five Flights we know today. The Primalists were the Prodragons who rejected The Titans' gift, choosing to embrace the Elements instead. They fought with the Flights, lost and instead of being wiped out were sealed away on the Dragon Isles. During the war with the Primalists, Neltharion aka Deathwing secretly created the Dracthyr to help deal with the Primalists but then the War of the Anicents broke out. When the Aspects departed for Kalimdor to deal with that, Neltharion put the Dracthyr in stasis probably intending to return before too long. Neltharion became Deathwing, went mad and obviously forgot about the Dracthyr.

Since the Aspects put the Dragon Isles on a timer, when the timer went off they were able to return the their original homeland. We know from the end of the Dracthyr starting experience the Dracthyr as a faction splits: One group joins the Alliance, one group joins the Horde, one group stays behind to take care of the injured and missing, one faction goes rogue and Emberthal has a chat with Nozdormu (the videos).

We don't yet know who the Big Badis yet --I mean final boss of the expansion--and that's fine for now.
    I mean, I was thinking it was gonna be something galakdrond-y, but I'm kind of hazy with what it is. I'm just hoping it's not going to be a new "actually, this was the real big bad all the time" thing that we got with Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    if you really truly cared you wouldn't be asking. This is like an amount of caring that is employed on a selfish level. As in you are bored and want to pick on the game in a thread, caring just enough to waste other people's time asking what anyone actually invested in a story would just... know? because it's presented already?

allow me to waste my time more efficiently

You somehow feel the need to ask "are they just kind of a new Zovaal?" .. and then say you are "Hoping that there is some connection to things."

hmm.. wasn't the primary issue everyone had with Zovaal is that he got put into the head-role of a masterplan that was Warcraft's og stories? Wasn't 'Connection to things' entirely what made people so angry about his presence?

What constitutes them being like a 'new Zovaal' in your logic? That they were imprisoned and released? Nothing new for WoW villains.
    Did Zovaal want to cleanse Azeroth of the Titan's Order, or did he want to Dominate all Reality? Where are you confused.

Oh wait you're not. This is a troll post!
    Have a snickers.

Nothing new about dragons having super powers. All of the flights share the powers of their respective colors. Storm dragons were in WOTLK too, now we finally see where they got it from. Id really like to see nether dragons do a come back.

This, basically.

im hedging my bets on murozond
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Nothing new about dragons having super powers. All of the flights share the powers of their respective colors. Storm dragons were in WOTLK too, now we finally see where they got it from. Id really like to see nether dragons do a come back.
    We also saw storm dragons of a type in legion.
    Also we've seen them in skywall....you now the elemental plane of wind....
    We've seen other elemental drakes too...all the rocky boys in Deepholm too.

So elemental dragons and their relationship with the elements isn't that much of a stretch.

So far we have met Raszageth and we have had another namedrop from nozdormu of "Iridikron" who sounds like it might be the lead incarnate.

but we shall see

They’re new, but in my opinion I like them a lot more than something like Zovaal because they FEEL like “oh yeah they are this threat that the dragons have dealt with along their millennia long lives) and they feel like something that fits into the world. It makes sense that not every dragon would be going “oh thanks titans UwU gimme your titan power touch”

Same as always, Big Evil Bad Thing that was there since the dawn of time and could destroy us all, yet somehow for reasons left unexplained was never mentioned or referenced or hinted at in any way ever anywhere.

For this one I especially love Alexstraza's explanation as to why this Big Evil Bad Thing That Could Destroy The Entire World is still around to do so: "I just couldn't bring myself to do it".

Yes, folks: DF's first main villain is apparently that unpaid parking ticket you were too lazy to pay for back then and forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by slavrix View Post

So elemental dragons and their relationship with the elements isn't that much of a stretch.

So far we have met Raszageth and we have had another namedrop from nozdormu of "Iridikron" who sounds like it might be the lead incarnate.

but we shall see
    As far as the dragonflight campaign goes, Razageth is the leader. We meet and defeat the other incarnates who empowered other champions that become raidbosses. After 10.0 the whole primalist thing is probably over. The goal of the campaign is to empower the aspects so that they can become the new protectors of Azeroth and we need to turn on the titan facility that is on the dragon isles. As part of the campaign we activate oathstones, we activate another part that becomes the catalyst and Razageth boss chamber seems to be in the titan facility. So after defeating Razageth we probably can empower the aspects and are done with that part of the story. All incarnets and their liutenants are defeated and aspects have their power back. Frees Blizzard up to do whatever they want for 10.1 and there are hints about the old gods, the infinite dragonflight and the titans not being the good guys we think.

This, basically.

Was that established though? I was kind of under the impression that we don't know yet why the dragons were able to return. I thought it was either the blue stuff in the ocean that woke Julius Rockman up, or him turning on the signal tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Was that established though? I was kind of under the impression that we don't know yet why the dragons were able to return. I thought it was either the blue stuff in the ocean that woke Julius Rockman up, or him turning on the signal tower.
    Kind of. The aspects left the isles in the hands of the keepers during the sundering. Only now that azeroth is healing the dragon isles woke up. Which is what you see with the blue stuff in the ocean, flowers growing, the earth trembling and so on in the cinematic.
    This was the signal for the keepers to turn on the tower to reveal the isles again.
    The dragons clearly didn't plan for the isles to be lost that long, but other than timing it happened like they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Kind of. The aspects left the isles in the hands of the keepers during the sundering. Only now that azeroth is healing the dragon isles woke up. Which is what you see with the blue stuff in the ocean, flowers growing, the earth trembling and so on in the cinematic.
    This was the signal for the keepers to turn on the tower to reveal the isles again.
    The dragons clearly didn't plan for the isles to be lost that long, but other than timing it happened like they wanted to.
    Speaking of, those dragons were fast! Didn't take long for Alexstrasza to scoop up Rocky after he activated the beacon.

but we shall see

All the names of the incarnates are on their wowpedia article. Iridikron is the incarnate of earth ( Razsageth is air ) and Nozdormu seems to set him up exclusively which is interesting. Especially when u consider 10.1 files leaked being under the label of “underground zone” I think iridikron specifically will play a big role in the patch ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    New lore brewed up with the retcon/extra stage of the dragon's evolution.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am curious about them too. Especially after the initial cinematics when we learn that the first big bad isn't the only one... there are 3 more. This might be covered in the story quests, which I have not done (please no spoilers).

but we shall see
    Dragons are also just evolved Elementals. Had the Titans not shown up then they likely would have followed the path of the Primals anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Dragons are also just evolved Elementals. Had the Titans not shown up then they likely would have followed the path of the Primals anyways.
    Seems all life is evolved elementals.