Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight launch is going to be a disaster...game breaking bug

I've encountered a game breaking talent specialization bug. Yay! I boosted a mage with my "free" boost, logged in, immediately tried to change my talents aaaaannnnd it's broken. Literally. I kept getting an "unable to apply talent" error so I imported a tree (from Icy-Veins) to try to work around it and now my shit is fucked. I was able to apply the talents, but now the game is treating my character like I have no talents at all, and I cannot reset and rebuild the tree, receiving the same error as above. My Frost spellbook is empty; I only have general mage abilities.

Fire and Arcane work fine and I can modify their talents, but Frost is just broken. No, it's not user error. I have tried literally everything from re-installing to repairing to deleting/restoring my toon to restoring the starter build...it just doesn't work. And, again, other specializations work and I can change talents in them to my heart's content. I'm just permanently locked out of ever using Frost until they fix this. There is a large thread in the bug forum documenting the issue. I am not looking for advice on how to fix it; it cannot be fixed. I am just here to vent and warn people away from this disaster.

I can't believe I convinced myself to give Blizzard another chance. I can't believe I spent $70 on this garbage fire of an expansion.

sounds like a you problem tbqh

Sounds made up because 'blizz sux' or a you issue. No issue on my frost mage.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2022-11-18 at 04:11 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I had a character that was also completely busted for about 48 hours, but there must have been a hotfix because it did finally start working
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be a disaster but not for the reason you listed
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Its going to be a disaster but not for the reason you listed
    Probably, but if this bug persists, no matter how rare, all the way to expansion release...I mean, have we ever had a bug that literally made a spec unplayable?

I just want to play the game, man.

Beta has been hella fun, so I think they will get the bugs worked out pretty quick after release. And I'm sure there WILL be bugs as always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I've encountered a game breaking talent specialization bug. Yay! I boosted a mage with my "free" boost, logged in, immediately tried to change my talents aaaaannnnd it's broken. Literally. I kept getting an "unable to apply talent" error so I imported a tree (from Icy-Veins) to try to work around it and now my shit is fucked. I was able to apply the talents, but now the game is treating my character like I have no talents at all, and I cannot reset and rebuild the tree, receiving the same error as above. My Frost spellbook is empty; I only have general mage abilities.

Fire and Arcane work fine and I can modify their talents, but Frost is just broken. No, it's not user error. I have tried literally everything from re-installing to repairing to deleting/restoring my toon to restoring the starter build...it just doesn't work. And, again, other specializations work and I can change talents in them to my heart's content. I'm just permanently locked out of ever using Frost until they fix this. There is a large thread in the bug forum documenting the issue. I am not looking for advice on how to fix it; it cannot be fixed. I am just here to vent and warn people away from this disaster.

I can't believe I convinced myself to give Blizzard another chance. I can't believe I spent $70 on this garbage fire of an expansion.
    I'm sure it is frustrating, but a bug caused by boosting a character that only affects one spec is hardly a game breaking bug, and hardly qualifies as a disaster.

That said, the old bromide of "put a ticket in" could be an issue now, as I've seen really long reports on tickets, but, as this affects your ability to play, maybe it will get a quicker response. Good luck.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I'm sure it is frustrating, but a bug caused by boosting a character that only affects one spec is hardly a game breaking bug, and hardly qualifies as a disaster.

This. Bullshit clickbait threads should be deleted.

Sounds 100% like add-on interference. Also, absolutely not a game breaking bug, and if this is enough for you to proclaim the entire expansion a "garbage fire", you absolutely did waste your money - and thats 100% on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The bug can happen to any spec. Some people have had it happen to their tank spec, for example, locking them out of tanking entirely. I'd consider that game breaking.

With that said, I do acknowledge I'm reacting strongly. I'm just pissed and disappointed. I don't understand how something this bad made it into live; I've found reports of it happening during beta.

Probably, but if this bug persists, no matter how rare, all the way to expansion release...I mean, have we ever had a bug that literally made a spec unplayable?

I just want to play the game, man.
    dude there is still an early bug from beta.

when making an evoker, if you get combat locked when you complete the quest to get Dragon breath, you dont get the ability, and the quest chains stop, literally making it so you cant get past that point as an evoker, and have to remake,
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sounds 100% like add-on interference. Also, absolutely not a game breaking bug, and if this is enough for you to proclaim the entire expansion a "garbage fire", you absolutely did waste your money - and thats 100% on you.
    It is not addon related. I am running 0 addons.

I mean, dude, I can't play my character. How is this on me? Like, I get that I'm overreacting a little, but imagine that you come back after multiple years and you can't even play the spec you wanted to. It's not a great feeling...

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account

That said, the old bromide of "put a ticket in" could be an issue now, as I've seen really long reports on tickets, but, as this affects your ability to play, maybe it will get a quicker response. Good luck.
    The game masters do not fix bugs. The proper course of action is to use the in-game bug report tool or post on the bug report forum to let them know of the issue. They will not respond either way, unless they need more information.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like a problem on your side, computer or game client, got outdated addons? Got buggy addons? Old addon files? Try and repair the game?

But if it isn't one of those, and it is a bug, then it isn't really game-breaking. If you want game-breaking, then look at the fact that World of Warcraft still has bugs where, if you hit a rock just wrong, it disconnects you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Definitely a you problem.
    Also boosted a mage and immediately respecced and changed talents. 0 issues. And that was in the first days of prepatch, if not day 1. Doubt they introduced a bug later, rather than at the start and even with all addons going haywire.

Bit of a leap, and that's being generous, to suggest a bug in the pre-patch means the rest of the expansion, which by definition, hasn't launched yet, is a "garbage fire".

You're a frost mage.....chill out.

I would say its your fault 100 percent , you shouldn't have started playing again and that's all on you, no one made you play that shit game.

I think you'd get more sympathy if you didn't react with doomsaying, world-ending prophecies to a bug that might very well get fixed in the next few days if it has (which I assume is the case) been reported properly. I mean, it's obviously true that the bug exists. Is it going to make the whole expansion launch a disaster? Now you're reaching. Not for the moon, more like for a different galaxy this time.