Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Didn't they take the wrong portal or ended up somewhere they shouldn't be?
    Not really. There have been misclicks on flightpaths and what not but quests generally says where, and portals say destination?

Didn't they complain about all the new things they have to be aware of?
    Not really, they asked about certain things, and were told what to aim for and what to avoid? They did ask about the new talent trees a lot until told you can import, make your own, or use Blizzard's start-up.

My friends many times tell me that if I hadn't been there to help them out, they'd have quit.
    Oh, I hear that too in the newcomer channel, but I even heard this in all the other expansions.

I'm sure your friends would have struggled a lot more if you hadn't been there. Am I wrong?
    Yes, and no, that is why there is a newcomer channel. Never be worried about asking questions!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I still wish that Exile's Reach's "End Dungeon" would have like specific to your class things to teach you, like Interrupts, CC, etc.

You pick your spec, go into the final dungeon, it teaches your tank about Taunts and Threat, or your DPS how to Kick and CC, or your healy how to... uhh... do healy things.

"Rogue you see that big guy? You should sneak behind him and SAP him while we work on the little guys!"
    Exactly! That's what I've got in mind too. More dungeons that teach you how to heal, tank or how your spec works. I've been thinking also about dungeons where old players can join and help new players to go through.

Class quest chains appart from the main storyline would also be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    It was a lot of fun...the first 6 times.
    which, since this is about new players, seems to be enough times...

Terrible fucking idea. Trophy kids are the worst.

Hey Blizzard, can you use your team to spend 3-4 years creating a purely 10-60 leveling area? I know you have 7 continents on Azeroth, plus two versions of outland, but I really think you should consider this idea, because it benefits just me, because I want it. I'm aware that as soon as you release another expansion, this 10-60 area will be a waste of time, and have to be remade or ignored, but for right now, I think you should do what I want, because I want it.

I don't understand how people wouldn't want to just play the game as it is already. There is SO much to do if you're a new player, or returning player. And as some other folks have stated, not many people care about leveling anymore because so much of the game is done at the end game. Where your character can go back to lower-level areas and do quests if they wish to see that story.

Stop trying to make blizzard waste their time on stupid shit, and let them keep making the game overall better. A new leveling zone for 10-60 might be the worst fucking idea. Even player housing should take precedence over a new leveling area. Just what a fucking dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    99% it's coming to console bud. Xbox for sure.
    You cannot release a game like WoW on consoles. It's just not fit for the platform. Blizzard would have done it ages ago if they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Not really. There have been misclicks on flightpaths and what not but quests generally says where, and portals say destination?

Not really, they asked about certain things, and were told what to aim for and what to avoid? They did ask about the new talent trees a lot until told you can import, make your own, or use Blizzard's start-up.

Oh, I hear that too in the newcomer channel, but I even heard this in all the other expansions.

Yes, and no, that is why there is a newcomer channel. Never be worried about asking questions!
    The game doesn't even tell you how to chat. You're taking too many things for granted. Even if portals say destination, not everyone knows that, and it's quite confusing. Maybe you've been lucky with your friends, but that's not what I see when I chat with new players. Many of then feel quite confused and the game doesn't explain much.

This 10-60 leveling experience could improve all these problems and more.
    Last edited by Nork; 2022-11-18 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I still wish that Exile's Reach's "End Dungeon" would have like specific to your class things to teach you, like Interrupts, CC, etc.

You pick your spec, go into the final dungeon, it teaches your tank about Taunts and Threat, or your DPS how to Kick and CC, or your healy how to... uhh... do healy things.

"Rogue you see that big guy? You should sneak behind him and SAP him while we work on the little guys!"
    This I agree with, or add in more class flavor quests along the lines during the leveling process, give players a reason to return to the city to learn some new tips and tricks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Terrible fucking idea. Trophy kids are the worst.

Hey Blizzard, can you use your team to spend 3-4 years creating a purely 10-60 leveling area? I know you have 7 continents on Azeroth, plus two versions of outland, but I really think you should consider this idea, because it benefits just me, because I want it. I'm aware that as soon as you release another expansion, this 10-60 area will be a waste of time, and have to be remade or ignored, but for right now, I think you should do what I want, because I want it.

I don't understand how people wouldn't want to just play the game as it is already. There is SO much to do if you're a new player, or returning player. And as some other folks have stated, not many people care about leveling anymore because so much of the game is done at the end game. Where your character can go back to lower-level areas and do quests if they wish to see that story.

Stop trying to make blizzard waste their time on stupid shit, and let them keep making the game overall better. A new leveling zone for 10-60 might be the worst fucking idea. Even player housing should take precedence over a new leveling area. Just what a fucking dumb idea.
    You didn't even read the first post, did you?

Anyway, you're quite toxic, therefore you've been reported. Take care.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game doesn't even tell you how you should chat.
    Mate, that one is a common sense thing for MMORPGs, the game even teaches you how to do emotes. New players are attached to newcomer chat right away, and are given a system message on how to access it.

You're taking too many things for granted.
    Not really. I am happy that WoW has a lot of guidelines but also happy it doesn't tell you 100% how things work - explore!

Even if Portals say destination, not everyone knows that, and it's quite confusing.
    I have not seen a new player who isn't tentative about clicking something, especially, a portal. They stand there, and most likely cursor hovering over the portal, the name appears on the screen.

Maybe you've been lucky with your friends, but that's not what I see when I chat with new players. Many of then feel quite confused and the game doesn't explain much.
    Friends or new players, there are going to be questions, always, but in the end, they find out, and if something, they ask. We have all been new!

This 10-60 leveling experience could improve all these problems and more.
    That is where a world update work, but new levelers should never be removed from the storylines, or the world we know as players.

You didn't even read the first post, did you?

Anyway, you're quite toxic, therefore you've been reported. Take care.
    Absolutely, but you didn't have any ideas of value. Which, I know shouldn't be surprising.

No one has agreed with your thoughts, and you're sitting here just trolling people because they don't like your stupid idea. Instead of Blizzard using its assets to make the game better, you're asking for something, that appears, would only benefit you. Incredibly selfish, but that is fairly normal I guess given this forum.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't make you right.

OT: love seeing others reporting your posts for trolling/spam. lol can't even add value to your own topic, I bet that feels good. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, that one is a common sense thing for MMORPGs, the game even teaches you how to do emotes. New players are attached to newcomer chat right away, and are given a system message on how to access it.

Not really. I am happy that WoW has a lot of guidelines but also happy it doesn't tell you 100% how things work - explore!

I have not seen a new player who isn't tentative about clicking something, especially, a portal. They stand there, and most likely cursor hovering over the portal, the name appears on the screen.

Friends or new players, there are going to be questions, always, but in the end, they find out, and if something, they ask. We have all been new!

That is where a world update work, but new levelers should never be removed from the storylines, or the world we know as players.
    You nailed it, OP is looking for Blizzard to play the game for him while he watches. Not being able to figure anything out on his own. MMORPGs used to require you to figure things out, with zero hand-holding, but not anymore. Just MMO, hardly any RPG left in the game.

As generic and devoid of flavour as a new expansion zone. Two different experiences (one for the Alliance, one for the Horde). It's a great chance to update the old zones lore too.
    Not really though. The new player experience is pretty but also rather lazy.

When you're sent back to SW or Orgrimmar they don't even bother sending you to your class hub. You just go to some bland room with some class trainer that serves no purpose waits you like some kiosk worker. Forget that in vanilla each city had its own unique class hubs, now they can't even be bother to update one city. Its sad.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-11-18 at 04:11 PM.

Where did I say new players should be removed from the storylines? It's just a new quest chain that is been created to help new players.

"It's common sense". Well, for you. Not everyone knows how all those things work, and the system is clearly not helping them. The way you despatched the portal thing shows very little empathy towards those who don't see things as crystal clear as you see them. Saying "It's common sense" is not very helpful.

We're saying that it's quite confusing for new players and it doesn't help them to get used to the game mechanics.
    First of all, who is "We"? You are the first one i´ve heard saying that.

Second of all, Why is it Confusing? And what should be done Different. You have all kinds of Modern Quests in BFA.

I am in the Newbie chat, and the ONLY real Confusion is when People somehow get lost between: Exiting the 1-10 zone, and boarding the Ship to Kul Tiras, and end up somewhere else. Or when new players think they absolutely need to level in the Older Zones.

No, they shouldn't, and BFA isn't that bad to start in, it is the message that needs to be conveyed that needs to be updated, as many new players have the belief that they can go everywhere, which they can't - or maybe it should just have a separate function, so you are ready for BFA but you can go ask someone for advice on how to start your own journey, that person then directs them to Chromie, and they sign off on the hand holding and have to venture on their own. As well, Exile's Reach should be made to take people to Boralus/Dezar'alor, and not Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
    ^- THIS.

That's a good question, pal. What I've got in mind is something pretty similar to the Exile's Reach experience. Adding also class quests.
    Never done it, but Exiles Reach is supposed to Teach you all you need to know Mechanicly, why do you think all other Players need additional 50 Levels to get how the game works?

I don't know if you've many friends that have recently started to play WoW, but I do. Most of them were quite confused with how things worked. Many of them ended up going to Outland or other continents by mistake, or not really knowing how to continue the storyline. If I hadn't been there, they would have probably quit, because there were so many things to cope with and the game doesn't explain them properly. BFA storyline doesn't help new players to get used to the game because it's got too many features that are totally dispensable for new players.
    These players would not benefit from what you are Proposing AT ALL!.
    You get Quests that bring you directly to KulTiras. If they dont want to read QuestLog, or maybe Ask in the Channel that is Literally there to give them Guidance, they wont learn in a dedicated Zone just for them. The only difference is that they will Quit Clueless at Level 60 instead of 20.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Leveling for new players is definitely fucked up, especially by the fact that there are just too many leftovers everywhere. ...
    You are Right, Quite a lot of New players get sidetracked by "Old" quests. A Veteran may know: "Hey, this is the Pandaria Quest" while running around Stormwind, and leave it there, while new players pick it up, and end up running around in Pandaria and getting "lost".

As you said, Hiding these things would make it much easier on New Players. And that would be enough. Though on the other hand, I dont think its a to large Issue, due to the Newbie Chat, quick question, and someone will point you in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Isnt it even the DEFAULT Chat?

I´ve seen countless people writing "wave" into the Chat when they are supposed to Wave to that NPC.

Remember when people asked for chromie to be from 10-50 or like all zones no level ?

blizz did that now this crowd are asking for more
    can not be satisfied seriously
    we all have ideas in our head but it's stupid to just post them on forums thinking this is good

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say new players should be removed from the storylines? It's just a new quest chain that is been created to help new players.
    This is where it gets a little... awkward in your thread... Because you can't decide which way to point.

Blizzard should create a 10-60 starting zone for new players
    You're asking for a new starting zone that lasts from 10-60.

I believe Blizzard should create a 10-60 starting experience, rather than just a 1-10 one.
    You then as for a new starting experience ranging 10-60.

I don't advocate for a brand new zone, instead I believe a leveling experience in old zones that delves into a new quest storyline would be better.
    You then say you don't want a new starting zone, or new experience but instead you want a world revamp purely based on returning players.

Maybe going through several continents and allowing players to get used to the game more easily.
    And then you reach out to a length where we shouldn't even talk about a starting zone when you still are worried about people getting confused, yet, you still want to dump them into a multi-continental starting "experience".

"It's common sense". Well, for you. Not everyone knows how all those things work, and the system is clearly not helping them.
    The system doesn't help them from A to Z but it helps them from A to M, the rest they need to learn, look, try, react, and experience.

The way you despatched the portal thing shows very little empathy towards those who don't see things as crystal clear as you see them.
    Make up your mind? So you are saying a brand new player just runs in blazing glory not reading things? Because that is not what I experience when I talk with new players or help them, they stand around, they read their quest because sure as hell, no real guide will 100% tell them what to do, and they inspect things, mouse hovering, name tags, it is there.

Saying "It's common sense" is not very helpful.
    Taking the new adventurer by their hand and help them around like a toddler or elderly is NOT helpful either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Isnt it even the DEFAULT Chat?

I´ve seen countless people writing "wave" into the Chat when they are supposed to Wave to that NPC.
    In WoW, you are locked to a channel unless you have an add-on that resets you to a specific channel. So, you might be right that they are directed to Newcomer Channel fast as I do see people missing the / in making an emote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    Remember when people asked for chromie to be from 10-50 or like all zones no level ?

blizz did that now this crowd are asking for more
    can not be satisfied seriously
    we all have ideas in our head but it's stupid to just post them on forums thinking this is good
    Chromie time is a glorious addition to WoW instead of pulling an FF and having people climb through everything to get up to new content.

I don't see a point.

As it is now, players can level anywhere they desire, to experience storylines without having to jump around (My only beef with Chromie Time is being forcefully teleported as soon as you reach the max level, interrupting the flow, even if you don't care about the loss of xp and just want to complete a storyline or area. That's silly). Some 'expansions' are more efficient than others, or with a better dungeon pool, but it works ok, especially for players who missed out on an expansion or something.

It also keeps those zones relevant and playable, instead of just making something new and shoving everything in the trash for no reason.

We need to re-use or re-implement content (and they're making strides in that direction, but still a long way to go), not just scrap older stuff for the sake of irrelevant new stuff, especially in something like a 10-60 "starting zone", especially when Exile's Reach already exists (and it's extra silly that a 'starting area' would span such a huge level range).

Am a huge fan of Chromie Time and the reintroduction of old dungeons in the season dungeon pool (just wished for =>10 dungeons, as opposed to just 8).
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2022-11-18 at 04:40 PM.

This is where it gets a little... awkward in your thread... Because you can't decide which way to point.

You're asking for a new starting zone that lasts from 10-60.

You then as for a new starting experience ranging 10-60.

You then say you don't want a new starting zone, or new experience but instead you want a world revamp purely based on returning players.

And then you reach out to a length where we shouldn't even talk about a starting zone when you still are worried about people getting confused, yet, you still want to dump them into a multi-continental starting "experience".

The system doesn't help them from A to Z but it helps them from A to M, the rest they need to learn, look, try, react, and experience.

Make up your mind? So you are saying a brand new player just runs in blazing glory not reading things? Because that is not what I experience when I talk with new players or help them, they stand around, they read their quest because sure as hell, no real guide will 100% tell them what to do, and they inspect things, mouse hovering, name tags, it is there.

Taking the new adventurer by their hand and help them around like a toddler or elderly is NOT helpful either.

- - - Updated - - -

In WoW, you are locked to a channel unless you have an add-on that resets you to a specific channel. So, you might be right that they are directed to Newcomer Channel fast as I do see people missing the / in making an emote.

- - - Updated - - -

Chromie time is a glorious addition to WoW instead of pulling an FF and having people climb through everything to get up to new content.
    You didn't read my first post, it seems. I never asked for a brand new zone, just revamping old ones in order to save time and money for Blizzard. Just creating new storylines using old zones (more or less what they did in Legion with the artifact quest chains). I said from the beginning that it should be a revamp. Read my posts again, I think you missed my point somewhere.

Helping players and guide them is better than your "It's common sense, mate".

If you're gonna keep a conversation, at least read other people's posts, otherwise the debate is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I don't see a point.

As it is now, players can level anywhere they desire, to experience storylines without having to jump around (My only beef with Chromie Time is being forcefully teleported as soon as you reach the max level, interrupting the flow, even if you don't care about the loss of xp and just want to complete a storyline or area. That's silly). Some 'expansions' are more efficient than others, or with a better dungeon pool, but it works ok, especially for players who missed out on an expansion or something.

It also keeps those zones relevant and playable, instead of just making something new and shoving everything in the trash for no reason.

We need to re-use or re-implement content (and they're making strides in that direction, but still a long way to go), not just scrap older stuff for the sake of irrelevant new stuff, especially in something like a 10-60 "starting zone", especially when Exile's Reach already exists (and it's extra silly that a 'starting area' would span such a huge level range).

Am a huge fan of Chromie Time and the reintroduction of old dungeons in the season dungeon pool (just wished for =>10 dungeons, as opposed to just 8).
    You don't know how it works for new players, do you? They can't choose, they go to BfA straight away.
    Last edited by Nork; 2022-11-18 at 04:59 PM.

As long as it's not mandatory for new players like Exile's reach, more options is always good

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know how it works for new players, do you? They can't choose, they go to BfA straight away.
    The quests for the other expansions are not available to them ? Not talking about Chromie Time obviously.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    As long as it's not mandatory for new players like Exile's reach, more options is always good

- - - Updated - - -

The quests for the other expansions are not available to them ? Not talking about Chromie Time obviously.
    Yes, they are available. But that's one of the problems. Some people go to Orgrimmar/Stormwind and accidentally end up in Pandaria because they took the wrong quest.
    Last edited by Nork; 2022-11-18 at 05:06 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    As long as it's not mandatory for new players like Exile's reach, more options is always good.
    It'd honestly be a lot better to have a new 10-60 experience, custom-designed to teach people about WoW, and to be as fun as possible for leveling in, than to force people into BfA. I get why they did that, but going into BfA from Exile's Reach is not a great experience, especially with how dull and slow the story-start is compared to other expansions.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."