Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    On the flying thing, I doubt anyone will miss it after having lvled up dragonriding just a little bit. Its just so superior in every single way and you can be maxed out on launch night (Which is my plan, gonna super rush the first zone, get to 62, go take a break and glide around for 30 minutes and then spam dungeons and go on from questing)

Anyhow.. Yeh, as I suspected. My main (warr) has a ton of just passive bonuses, dont think i've been forced to take ANY of them to achieve some talent or build I actually want. So was bit "ohh, one of those guys again" :P
    Yea, no. Not a fan of it. Hell, too long spent doing it and I get motion sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Yea, no. Not a fan of it. Hell, too long spent doing it and I get motion sickness.
    Tried the "Reduce motion sickness" setting in wow under accessibility settings? Just a thought.
    I dont personally see an issue myself. Been flying nonstop for 30-40 minutes without ever landing. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Out of curiosity, what specific parts of it annoy you?
    Whats is your issue with it?
    It is pure stress. I can't stop and pause in the air. If I want to land accurately I have to fly circles and somehow turn the camera around so that I can see where I could land. Old system: stop and look down, without hassle.

I always run out of vigor and have to wait a long time on the ground for it to recharge. These forced pauses on the ground are extremely annoying.

Sometimes, when you want to jump over an obstacle, the dragon shoots into the air and wastes vigor. Annoying!

But the first thing that bothers me the most is that I can't hover in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    It is pure stress. I can't stop and pause in the air. If I want to land accurately I have to fly circles and somehow turn the camera around so that I can see where I could land. Old system: stop and look down, without hassle.

I always run out of vigor and have to wait a long time on the ground for it to recharge. These forced pauses on the ground are extremely annoying.

Sometimes, when you want to jump over an obstacle, the dragon shoots into the air and wastes vigor. Annoying!

But the first thing that bothers me the most is that I can't hover in the air.
    Not stopping mid air hasn't really been a thing, why do you need to stop? Either you're at the destination or you're not?
    Flying in circles is mostly a learning curve that goes away after a few hours with it.

The bolded part lets me and @Koollan know you were lying about having all glyphs and the talent system maxed...
    I've literally flown nonstop for over 30 minutes lol...

And everything else you say? Even if true critique? Is overshadow by the fact you're lying and haven't even tried the system at its full potential, which by the way... Takes less than an hour to achieve and can be done soon as getting to dragon isles...

I'm sure it'll grow on you and soon you'll realize, like everyone else, just how superior it is. The races is also quite fun

I see they're still prattling on about " order magic " Danuser must really hate the Chronicles eh? The Titans magic is the arcane, why not just call it that?

Tried the "Reduce motion sickness" setting in wow under accessibility settings? Just a thought.
    I dont personally see an issue myself. Been flying nonstop for 30-40 minutes without ever landing. I love it.
    Alas, yes. Not helping. Reallllly hope I can figure out something.

by the fact you're lying
    The servers are offline and so I can't take a screenshot. Nevertheless, fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Sounds like he wants to return to the pre-specialization days, when you could talent into the trees of all three specs equally if you wanted to (which was always a terrible idea) and each tree was all passives with 2-3 active abilities you had enough points to actually grab across the class.

Ya know, like the Classic servers.
    It was a terrible idea. The system wow had when there were 10 million active players. Now there are 1 million. Every change from the original game seems to lose them more players. You love the new system but 9/10 people have quit.

There are other race/class combinations that may be added in the future. Sometimes a story is needed to build it up before it is added. Paladins have a lot of history, so adding more Paladin race/class combinations might need some story first.
    What the actual night elf paladins in Legion weren't enough?

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    The servers are offline and so I can't take a screenshot. Nevertheless, fuck you.
    I'd give you the benefit of the doubt here. Let's say that you have maxed it out. Whenever you land, it takes approximately 30 to 45 seconds to max out your vigor from empty. If you have it maxed out, then you are able to fly around pretty effortlessly whilst never landing. Whenever you land, it would be to do content.

... do you do content that takes less than 30 seconds whenever you land?

Not to mention that you recharge vigor... by flying fast, too? Very very very quickly? I'm... at a loss for how you could possibly run out of vigor. It's next to impossible.

Your point about hovering is valid, and I do recall that Blizzard stated that hovering / 'traditional' flying would make an appearance at some point within Dragonflight. It will just be very, very bad comparatively. At least you can AFK?
    Last edited by Koollan; 2022-11-19 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    I still don't understand your qualms whatsoever. This is how the talents were before MoP - and you can change your talents to suit any situation at any point, sans being in M+ or instanced PvP. Elsewise, you're always allowed to change your talents, which is much, much friendlier than it ever has been.

Your argument literally is 'I don't want to choose between these things'. You dislike that you need to choose between options that you used to have, even though you can swap between your options anywhere.

This is how it reads, so I'm sorry if that's not the case. This is the 'revamp' you've been looking for and the talents have never been in a better state - which the playerbase largely corroborates. Some trees can still see improvement and we know that they're receiving improvement and iteration. I assume you've tried the new talents and vehemently dislike them? What specifically do you dislike them besides your perceived sleight? There has to be something. From what I read of your post, by all accounts you should enjoy Dragonflight, but... you dislike it more than Shadowlands for some reason? I'm astounded.

I can see your criticisms of Evoker, at the least - but concerning the talents and the 'new for the sake of new', I simply don't see it. That latter part was BfA, and Shadowlands, to a T. Not DF. DF is going back to the old for this one.
    I don't see what is so hard to understand. I find it stupid and lazy to take general class spells such as silences/interrupts and make them into talents just to make the talent trees appear more complex.

They didn't have to do that at all. I can also tell you haven't played classic because these trees are nothing at all like them. Classic allowed for unique designs like hybrid specs. This new designs doesn't do that at all.

The playerbase doesn't largely corroberate that it is great. They say it is better than the trash pick 1 of 3, but many others have notice and stated the same issues with the talent design as I have.

Also I bought shadowlands under the impression that it was gonna follow along with the wrath arthas storyline. I actually didn't even pay money for it. I bought shadowlands with in-game gold that I traded for wowtokens. It was a disappointment as well. I only kept my sub active for classic not because of shadowlands. Activision blizzard obviously knew their direction with retail wasn't working when classic was more successful than retail. Thats why they are at least trying to make these changes to make it "appear" like classic.

By what accounts do you mean I should "like" dragonflight? They get a /golfclap for at least attempting to fix the talent trees, but other than that to me it doesn't seem better. DF comes across as an anime filler episode to me. Oh no watch out for the primal dragons. Their evil intentions are caused by their insecurities of their small arms.

Most of the changes are novelty at best. The story is meh, the talents are meh, the new hero class is disappointing, the forced UI changes are terrible(they should have at least left the option to not use it don't say there is a classic option when all it does is move your character box to the upper left.) , Profession system taken from FFXIV, dragongliding novelty. Nothing that screams hey play this cause it is gonna be fun.

If you wanna see or feel the difference of how the older designed worked pulling players in? Then go try playing just the opening cinematics of vanilla, tbc or wrath compared to DF. You don't even have to try playing classic. The classic versions were built on a story and a dream to turn it into a game which made it feel good. This new design is made to try and hook players back for money. The immersion of mysticism and escapism into a different world is no longer there.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-11-19 at 04:23 AM.

Convenient excuse isn't it?
    @Koollan
    Recharge doesn't take 30-45 secs with max talents. It takes 15 seconds per vigor.... You also have 6 vigor max. And you generate 1 vigor every 5 seconds in the air. How are you "landing constantly"? This is ignoring several other talents and variables...
    He's just lying...very very much lying his ass off...
    The only time you have to realistically stop is when you first start wit dragon riding and you have no glyphs or skills (some have to be earned by doing content and not by glyphs)
    Its literally impossible for this/his scenario to happen with max lvl talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roflfaceroll View Post
    Activision blizzard obviously knew their direction with retail wasn't working when classic was more successful than retail. Thats why they are at least trying to make these changes to make it "appear" like classic.
    This never happened, at all. Maybe for a peak day on the initial launch?
    I'd be amazed if classic currently has 1/10th of retail lol.

if it was so successful? You wouldn't be getting it literally for free, paid for by retail
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-11-19 at 12:12 PM.

Convenient excuse isn't it?
    @Koollan
    Recharge doesn't take 30-45 secs with max talents. It takes 15 seconds per vigor.... You also have 6 vigor max. And you generate 1 vigor every 5 seconds in the air. How are you "landing constantly"? This is ignoring several other talents and variables...
    He's just lying...very very much lying his ass off...
    The only time you have to realistically stop is when you first start wit dragon riding and you have no glyphs or skills (some have to be earned by doing content and not by glyphs)
    Its literally impossible for this/his scenario to happen with max lvl talents.

- - - Updated - - -

This never happened, at all. Maybe for a peak day on the initial launch?
    I'd be amazed if classic currently has 1/10th of retail lol.

if it was so successful? You wouldn't be getting it literally for free, paid for by retail
    In 1 week naxx classic posted more raid logs that the entire life of sepulcher.

Also it isn't being paid for by retail. All of the classic stuff already existed. They just added a few things. They didn't fund it through retail. It "supposedly" comes free with a retail sub, but if you are only playing classic it isn't free is it? You still have to pay for the retail sub to have it.

Unfortunately, activision blizzard never posts the active pop on the servers or expansions anymore, but from just logging into the servers you can already tell the difference.

Retail is server grouped where classic is not yet logging into classic servers and going into the cities and looking for raids or groups there is more on a closed server than a server group.

Not only that but the devs literally said in their interviews for DF that they made changes to emulate the feel of classic wow.

Also if you want to compare just raw numbers wrath(not classic but original) still hold the most active sub pop out of all the expansions. Activision blizzard has yet to even get close to those numbers ever again.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-11-19 at 01:26 PM.

Not stopping mid air hasn't really been a thing, why do you need to stop? Either you're at the destination or you're not?
    Flying in circles is mostly a learning curve that goes away after a few hours with it.

The bolded part lets me and @Koollan know you were lying about having all glyphs and the talent system maxed...
    I've literally flown nonstop for over 30 minutes lol...

And everything else you say? Even if true critique? Is overshadow by the fact you're lying and haven't even tried the system at its full potential, which by the way... Takes less than an hour to achieve and can be done soon as getting to dragon isles...

I'm sure it'll grow on you and soon you'll realize, like everyone else, just how superior it is. The races is also quite fun
    NO it won't. I tried it on beta and hated it. SO, you are already wrong. Just projecting your opinion onto everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it won't. I tried it on beta and hated it. SO, you are already wrong. Just projecting your opinion onto everyone else.
    Exactly everyone (ofc you could be the exception) that has said they disliked it, hated it, it's this or that, whatever?
    They have never tried it, they haven't had beta and they havent had the system maxed out. Every. Single. Time.

So maybe you are different but I doubt it. Dragonriding will be their biggest success since sliced bread and it will be universally loved by pretty much everyone except you and some other guy, which is fine. You do you.

Exactly everyone (ofc you could be the exception) that has said they disliked it, hated it, it's this or that, whatever?
    They have never tried it, they haven't had beta and they havent had the system maxed out. Every. Single. Time.

So maybe you are different but I doubt it. Dragonriding will be their biggest success since sliced bread and it will be universally loved by pretty much everyone except you and some other guy, which is fine. You do you.
    Dragonriding is novelty at best. Also dragonriding<sliced bread. In no way can you compared it to sliced bread.

You also don't have to try something to know you don't like it. I think it is dumb to use that as a fallback rebuttal. Do you want to shower in pure sewage? No? You don't like it? It is because you haven't tried it. (Psa don't shower in raw sewage. You can possibly get sick or skin infections or rashes from it)

You like dragonriding. Good for you, i think it is dumb, but that is my opinion. This other person also thinks it is dumb and that is their opinion. Sliced bread level good? Now that is an over-exaggerated lie.

It`s not necessarily the lack of customization options that are a problem for the dragons,
    it`s the restrictions on wearable armor that makes it less fun.

Why didn`t they implement a separate tab specifically for armor made in dragon form.
    Why are only certain slots visible.
    Why can`t you just transmog mail armor like usual onto them.
    Why are the clothes for their dragon form a barber option.
    Why can`t you earn more clothes for them to wear.

They don`t just stand out visually from the rest of the races, they stand out in unique and
    unfortunate ways as well.
    The new class is fun, it has a flashy and impactful toolkit of abilities.
    Flying around is great, so is gliding using their wings.

But why then do the dragons themselves feel so lacking.
    My staff isn`t even visible unless i unsheathe it.

If those rewards that are encrypted from renowned are " do more dmg" imma be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    If those rewards that are encrypted from renowned are " do more dmg" imma be pissed.
    why would that be encrypted? Stuff like that has never been encrypted and it wouln't fit in with the rest of the philosphy of dragonflight

Haven’t they been saying they haven’t forgotten about Boomkins for the last 4 xpacs?