View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No other European country has copied the NHS model of free for all healthcare.
    Denmark has, and I'm sure you are lying about other stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    To be entirely fair he said "most" ..
    No he didn't, read my quote above.

Don't think Denmark 'copied' it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    You would have to truly despise your fellow countrymen to wish upon them American style healthcare.
    I mean, he was backing Truss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    You would have to truly despise your fellow countrymen to wish upon them American style healthcare.
    I never said the US had the best system of healthcare, but in science it certainly is the most medically advanced in the world. Does the way healthcare is funded there play a part in that? If so Brexit Britain should at least explore that option and perhaps pick the good bits out of it if any are found.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Where exactly do you read most? That's why it is a big fat lie.
    From the remainers bible the guardian, and a recent podcast...

No other European country has copied the NHS model https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-uk-politicise
    Why has no other European country copied the NHS model? https://iea.org.uk/why-has-no-other-...the-nhs-model/

With respect to Austria, can you still get free healthcare without an e-card or if you choose not to carry one? How do you get one of those and if you are self employed on a low income? Not easy and so is not the same system as the NHS by any means. And Austrian e-cards, or id cards in reality, is not the British way and possible future EU compulsion to carry one explains another reason for Brexit.

We wanted to be free from all that nonsense, and with Brexit free we are.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

From the remainers bible the guardian
    Where on earth did you hear such nonsense?

Most people treat news outlets as news outlets and based their like/dislike off their credibility and accuracy in reporting.

Why must conservatives with no coherent ideology treat everything they don't understand as some sort of religious text?

London loses position as most valuable European stock market
    Britain's stock market has lost its position as Europe's most-valued, as the economic downturn weighs on UK companies, data shows.

France has taken the top spot as the combined value of its companies' shares have been boosted by currency movements and demand for French luxury goods.

It is the first time Paris has overtaken London since records began in 2003, according to data from Bloomberg.

The UK is expected to fall into recession this year as inflation rises.

The combined value of British shares is now around $2.821 trillion (£2.3 trillion), while France's are worth around $2.823 trillion, Bloomberg calculates.
    So all going to plan Dribble?
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    A single stat in a fleeting moment in time, just as easily reversed next month depending on exchange rates vs USD. But London in the round is an economic global superpower bigger than all the European hubs put together comparatively, we'll be alright. So yeah, three cheers to Louis Vuitton, it's wealthy customers and for doing so well in these troubling global economic days thereby temporarily boosting the Paris stock exchange. Though when you dig deeper FTSE - 1% CAC -7% this year, I'm sure there's a Brexit benefit in there...

Shame the gloating BBC you link who report this still can't get over losing the Brexit vote and love to indulge in a bit of Brit bashing desperate for the country to fail. Take away the license fee and privatise them too, that will shut them up if they had to compete in the real world, they'd have better content too with add breaks in their programming. The new John Lewis Xmas add must be out by now I'd like to see.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Shame the gloating BBC you link who report this still can't get over losing the Brexit vote and love to indulge in a bit of Brit bashing desperate for the country to fail.
    Oi, your projection is showing. Cover that up, that's scandalous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Where exactly do you read most? That's why it is a big fat lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Denmark has, and I'm sure you are lying about other stuff as well.

No he didn't, read my quote above.

Don't think Denmark 'copied' it though.
    This is where I saw it:
    Private sector healthcare is important, of course what remainers/rejoiners won't tell you is that most EU citizens have to pay privately out of their own pocket for healthcare.
    In his later post he changed the statement.
    Don't get me wrong, I disagree with most of what he says, but that little nugget is technically true, at least as far as I know

Spin! Spin! Spin! and shoot the messenger!
    I'm sorry I swore at you earlier in the thread Dribbler, I was angry and my blood was up!

In hindsight what I should have said is you are a "very stable genius" and I mean that in all sincerity.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...george-eustice

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nior-economist

The great benefits of brexit are really showing force atm. What a shitshow.

Woooo More taxes and Higher cost of living, Austerity and death here we come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said the US had the best system of healthcare, but in science it certainly is the most medically advanced in the world. Does the way healthcare is funded there play a part in that? If so Brexit Britain should at least explore that option and perhaps pick the good bits out of it if any are found.

From the remainers bible the guardian, and a recent podcast...

No other European country has copied the NHS model https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-uk-politicise
    Why has no other European country copied the NHS model? https://iea.org.uk/why-has-no-other-...the-nhs-model/

With respect to Austria, can you still get free healthcare without an e-card or if you choose not to carry one? How do you get one of those and if you are self employed on a low income? Not easy and so is not the same system as the NHS by any means. And Austrian e-cards, or id cards in reality, is not the British way and possible future EU compulsion to carry one explains another reason for Brexit.

We wanted to be free from all that nonsense, and with Brexit free we are.
    What are you talking about? You don't have to pay for an e-card. While low income pay much less into healthcare they still get the same E-card. same is true for self-employed people. They have to go to a different (public!) provider, but still have the same e-card.

Idk where and which information you got about the austrian healthcare system, but its obviously misinformed (who would've guessed...)

To add to this: This system has been in place long before we joined the EU and the EU never changed it. So its just another case of mad brexit rambling and blaming the EU for stuff they never bothered with.

I get the feeling that you only would allow the comparison if someone would copy the NHS 1:1 including the name "NHS" - so if you want to play a silly semantics game...
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-11-17 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Woooo More taxes and Higher cost of living, Austerity and death here we come.
    The Tories have done more damage to our economy in 12 years than 6 years of World War.

Last time we had taxes this high, we built the NHS, an enormous amount of social housing and rebuilt the country and economy after the end of the war. This time we need a tax burden this high to keep the billionaires in the style they've become accustomed to.

Still, at least we're down to just 32% of the country thinking Brexit was a good idea. As more of the morons die off from old age (or finally allow reality to permeate enough that they realise they were wrong) that number can only go down. Poor old dribbles, his side won and made such a pigs ear of it that even the racists have started to abandon their grand scheme.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The Tories have done more damage to our economy in 12 years than 6 years of World War.
    Come on now you should know all our problems are somebody else's fault and not the Tories! /s

Even though it is shit deal for the country, it is a relief after mad Liz's abomination!

Buy thermals and heated blankets for older folk and less well off at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Last time we had taxes this high, we built the NHS, an enormous amount of social housing and rebuilt the country and economy after the end of the war. This time we need a tax burden this high to keep the billionaires in the style they've become accustomed to.

Still, at least we're down to just 32% of the country thinking Brexit was a good idea. As more of the morons die off from old age (or finally allow reality to permeate enough that they realise they were wrong) that number can only go down. Poor old dribbles, his side won and made such a pigs ear of it that even the racists have started to abandon their grand scheme.
    Oh trust me, I work in finance, There's a hell of alot of idiots out there so many to the point I have absolutely zero faith we will ever recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Oh trust me, I work in finance, There's a hell of alot of idiots out there so many to the point I have absolutely zero faith we will ever recover.
    Same club. So many who also have this view of ‘well I always vote Tory since Labour baddddd!’ And it’s like…what are you smoking?!

- - - Updated - - -

You know it’s bad when the Telegraph turns on Tories.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...edium=news_tab

So in other news, the UK is slowly officially coming to grips with the fact that Brexit is not ideal:
    https://www.politico.eu/article/brex...hdog%ef%bf%bc/

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Same club. So many who also have this view of ‘well I always vote Tory since Labour baddddd!’ And it’s like…what are you smoking?!

- - - Updated - - -

You know it’s bad when the Telegraph turns on Tories.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...edium=news_tab
    Yeah, when the Torygraph of all papers is saying things like this about a Tory budget, you know they're reading the writing on the wall:

The Tories should be the party of sound money, but they’ve had 12 years to balance the books. Thursday's Statement is all the more galling as it comes after a decade of austerity. This new tax take from the Conservatives feels a little like a feckless parents raiding their children’s savings account after spending too much down the bookmakers.
    [...]
    Mr Hunt is hoping this Statement buys him time, but many won’t be willing to give the Tories another chance. His fiscal plan has to work, and fast.
    A lot of people are going to be paying thousands more in taxes, at a time when that really isn't an option. The ~1100 pound per year raise on people earning 50,000 is going to be particularly noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yeah, when the Torygraph of all papers is saying things like this about a Tory budget, you know they're reading the writing on the wall:

A lot of people are going to be paying thousands more in taxes, at a time when that really isn't an option. The ~1100 pound per year raise on people earning 50,000 is going to be particularly noticeable.
    looks like a next election budget to me, alot of can kicking. alot of millionaire pensioner protecting.

First come the rumours:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-style-eu-deal

Pretty soon will come the reality. It's a no-brainer at this point to move back to a closer trading deal with the EU. It will give an immediate boost to the economy, and might save some of the firms on the brink with the damage Brexit has done. And it will sort out the problem with NI, removing the border in the Irish Sea. Assuming we go back to following EU regulations, of course.

Just a matter of time now dribbles. Your Brexit dreams are dying as you watch on impotently.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.