Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Performance is choppy ass and visuals are pretty ass, but thats just what one should expect from Switch in general in 2022 and Game Freak in particular.

Otherwise they seem pretty good games.
    No you just expect it from GameFreak.

Hell Ark just got a massive update to where the game runs and looks great for the switch. Dying Light 1 is way more complex and detailed than the new pokemon games and runs at a rock solid 30fps. Hell the Xenoblade series looks and runs miles better and XC3 just came out.

Has zero to do with the hardware and has everything to do with releasing yearly pokemon games where the dev team at most has a year and half to work on them (depending the team).

Sucks since there is a lot of things don't correctly IMO but the graphic's and performance is just bad.

On another note: Seems there is also a memory leak issue, if you play the game for awhile make sure to reset it every few hours.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The biggest things I've noticed with Pokemon have been graphical glitches, and a few instances of choppy FPS so far, but I'm just getting started with the academy.
    Same here... and I've honestly found it really off-putting. It's making me not want to continue :/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Same here... and I've honestly found it really off-putting. It's making me not want to continue :/
    I don't think it's that bad personally, but then again my threshold for what makes a game really unplayable is pretty high I think considering some of the garbage I've played in my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Given Nintendo logic, next gen console will be something completely different and will be incopatible with Switch carts atleast.
    Nintendo isn't Sony who like to shit on their customers by making their consoles non backwards compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's that bad personally, but then again my threshold for what makes a game really unplayable is pretty high I think considering some of the garbage I've played in my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo isn't Sony who like to shit on their customers by making their consoles non backwards compatible.
    Well there is a very good chance some people will emulate this new game and also mod it to make it look better. It did happen with archeus.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

You do realize the only System Sony released that wasn't BC was the PS4 right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is as dumb of a take as Nintendo not liking BC. If the cell processor wasn't a complete piece of trash every single one of their systems would be BC.

Straight up every company likes BC if they can pull it off without investing crazy money into it. The fact you think any billion dollar corp don't like the idea of their back catalog still selling on new hardware without having to invest into ports is astonishing.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-11-20 at 01:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Has zero to do with the hardware and has everything to do with releasing yearly pokemon games where the dev team at most has a year and half to work on them (depending the team).
    This isn't true. Pokemon games are worked on for longer than 1.5 years.

Right now, you have a team working on DLC for Scarlet and Violet and a team working on whatever the game after than will be. Whether that will be a game in another Gen IX in 2024 or Gen X for 2025 (unless Game Freak is going to do something like they did with Little Town Hero.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well there is a very good chance some people will emulate this new game and also mod it to make it look better. It did happen with archeus.
    I honestly really enjoyed Archeus tbh. Not so much these games... it really feels so unpolished.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Pokémon I've ever bought for myself (haven't played since Emerald). Got Arceus too. I don't hate it. Obviously there's a ton of performance issues but I expected that. They make the experience rough but far from unplayable.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to run out and buy it without knowing about the performance issues and maybe watching a video though.

Arceus has some features I wish carried over but Scarlet/Violet has a lot things it simply does better, no competition.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

- - - Updated - - -

If any other game dev released a game in this state, they would be burned at the stake. But apparently it's made by a "Small indie company" and "it's a kid's game, who cares?" so it should get a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    [video=youtube_share;pBZqt7D24Zc]https://youtu.be/pBZqt7D24Zc[video]

- - - Updated - - -

If any other game dev released a game in this state, they would be burned at the stake. But apparently it's made by a "Small indie company" and "it's a kid's game, who cares?" so it should get a free pass.
    Pretty sure Bethesda and CD Projekt are going fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Burned at the stake by loud mouth internet users like this game is currently having? Cause uhhh yea, plenty of devs release jank ass performing games and have them sell well. This isn't a phenomenon exclusive to Pokemon, almost like sales have nothing to do with the internet crying like babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty sure Bethesda and CD Projekt are going fine.
    CD Project reputation will take few flawless releases to be mended, but they actually spent time and effrot fixing Cyberpunk and it is in playable state now.

Game Freak will never bother fixing anything but the most game breaking bugs, like save corruption. They've been releasign broken, terribly running games for nearly 30 years by now. They won't be changign anytime soon.

CD Project reputation will take few flawless releases to be mended, but they actually spent time and effrot fixing Cyberpunk and it is in playable state now.

Game Freak will never bother fixing anything but the most game breaking bugs, like save corruption. They've been releasign broken, terribly running games for nearly 30 years by now. They won't be changign anytime soon.
    It took a while before Cyberpunk was fixed. Pretty sure their entire content release timeline was pushed back a year just to fix bugs. The hate train the Internet formed doesn't decided the success or failure of the company, I'm sure their reputation will manage just fine for the average consumer.

Violet and Scarlet has been out for a few days, as a comparison point. Let's wait and see, Game freak has most certainly not been releasing broken games and generally fix game breaking issues like the X/Y save corruption.

And no, Scarlet and Violet aren't broken.
    They're sloppy, and hilarious levels of visual bugs, but the game still runs outside of the memory leak issue which will be patched.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took a while before Cyberpunk was fixed. Pretty sure their entire content release timeline was pushed back a year just to fix bugs. The hate train the Internet formed doesn't decided the success or failure of the company, I'm sure their reputation will manage just fine for the average consumer.

Violet and Scarlet has been out for a few days, as a comparison point. Let's wait and see, Game freak has most certainly not been releasing broken games and generally fix game breaking issues like the X/Y save corruption.

They're sloppy, and hilarious levels of visual bugs, but the game still runs outside of the memory leak issue which will be patched.
    I don't even think it's fair to compare it to Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk was thrown down everyone's throat as a generation defining game. It came off Witcher 3 captivating a lot of people. SV is just trying to be another Pokémon game. You know what you are getting. Yeah it open world but it is still pokemon, with all the jank and polish that comes with.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

never forget, gamefreak on their own with an entire dev team couldnt fit two regions on a gameboy cartridge.

iwata all by himself was able to fix the gen 2 games and make enough room for kanto.

that is kind of how i view mainline nintendo releases versus gamefreak releases, ESPECIALLY if you take into account gamefreaks.. non pokemon games.

solitaire mixed with horse racing.. a janky 2d elephant platformer.. a janky rythm game.

pokemon is huge but i think the majority of that hugeness is from the simplicity and charm of the monster raising rpg genre, nintendos marketing, and pure luck.

at this point pokemon is a media and merchandise franchise similar to comic books and their movie adaptions or shows like power rangers are to their action figures. they exist to make more things they can sell you because between the plushies and the movies and the anime and the toys and the cards etc etc pokemon makes way more money as an ip than it does as a game series and they clearly dont see improving the games to be the best they can be outweighing the profits of nearly constant yearly releases to generate more products
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    never forget, gamefreak on their own with an entire dev team couldnt fit two regions on a gameboy cartridge.
    There are a lot of weird things in their programming. Like Sun and Moon had a lot of weird programming choices.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

So now people have had some time with pokemon violet/scarlet what do you reckon? Scratched the itch or left you wanting for more pokemans

10+ Year Old Account
    When the fuck is the Switch 2 being announced?

I want muh Metroid games.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-12-02 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    When the fuck is the Switch 2 being announced?

I want muh Metroid games.
    Switch is 5 years old. Succesfull consoles have 7+ year lifespans because any sane corporation will want to keep milking the established user base, so my quess for Switch 2 announcement is 2024.