Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Wrath without dungeon finder - 13 months.
    Wrath with the dungeon finder - 12 months.

I don't normally nitpick these things, but it's annoying when people in this community rely on their memories for facts, when Googling is not that hard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_..._the_Lich_King
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.0
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...aft:_Cataclysm

I'd advise you to calculate that again before you start calling people out.

game would have been 20x better if it launched with RDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Why don't you say what you have an issue with instead of acting all secretive lol...

group finder should be cross server for anything under current content. levling wihtout is is atrociuos. the player pool leveling for old content is so small you will look for days to fill a group. current content i dont mind it at all, but i play a healer and get invited to anything and everything as soon as i que up.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    group finder should be cross server for anything under current content. levling wihtout is is atrociuos. the player pool leveling for old content is so small you will look for days to fill a group. current content i dont mind it at all, but i play a healer and get invited to anything and everything as soon as i que up.
    Are you horde or alliance? I have a healer on alliance and I don't get that quick, and a tank on horde and it's the same. I feel like I'd be better off having a Horde healer and an Alliance tank lol...

I've never spent more than three minutes looking for a tank and no matter what, any amount of time spent waiting will always be for a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Retail Tool would've been better.

The biggest pain with the current tool are
    1. You cannot see every applicant / who's requesting invite
    2. If you invite someone at a party size of four, you cannot invite another person until you convert it into a raid
    If the person you wanted to invite is AFK, the system basically softlocks you.

I get the intention was to get people talking but people who just ninja invite tanks / healers are much faster because almost everyone just accept their invites and that's it.
    Regarding #2.) I know the retail tool automatically converts it to a raid in that situation if the 6th player accepts before the 5th. I assume the Classic doesn't? If you convert can you still invite and decline the AFK person later?

I could understand not putting in the dungeon finder but the group finder from retail is so good. They should have just put that in

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I don't understand how people like you think a "proper MMO" is supposed to work when it comes to things like this. Like, should I schedule my playtime so that it happens at the same time as my friends and I can group with them?
    Yes.

That's how MMO worlds work. They're at their best when they're living, breathing actual worlds you can immerse yourself in. Dungeons are like going to the bar with your friends after work. You want to run some with your friends? You plan to meet up at 7PM after work so you can meet up at the bar/go bowling/play pool/run some dungeons.

That's how it's kinda structured. Or you can join a group like you have been doing. Sounds fine to me.

- - - Updated - - -

In original wrath when I was playing a dps, I queued up and went to sholazar, farming herbs until the queue popped.
    It sounds like you didn't play original Wrath then... Sorry to burst your bubble, but you only played the ICC patch then.

You must have missed all the good stuff like launch and Naxx, Ulduar, and ToC times.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh...?

Are you talking to the person who did the fact correcting? Because I don't think they need to recalculate.

Wrath was released Nov 13th 2008. Patch 3.3.0 when LFD was introduced was December 8th, 2009. Cataclysm launched December 7th 2010.

LFD was not in Wrath for 13 months and was in the game for 12 months. The only reason it was in Wrath for so long was because Cataclysm took longer than expected to come out btw. We were sitting in ICC for an entire 12 months before Cata came out. All of the other content in the expansion minus RS came and went without LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes.

That's how MMO worlds work. They're at their best when they're living, breathing actual worlds you can immerse yourself in. Dungeons are like going to the bar with your friends after work. You want to run some with your friends? You plan to meet up at 7PM after work so you can meet up at the bar/go bowling/play pool/run some dungeons.

That's how it's kinda structured. Or you can join a group like you have been doing. Sounds fine to me.

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds like you didn't play original Wrath then... Sorry to burst your bubble, but you only played the ICC patch then.

You must have missed all the good stuff like launch and Naxx, Ulduar, and ToC times.
    I don't know of any real world activities that involve going to the bar with your friends for a bit every day then also spending 3 hours twice a week on it. Your image of how an MMO world should work seems to exclude anyone who can't build their schedule around the game. What harm does it do you if they put in some features that make it easier for those of us who can't (or more accurately, don't want to) do that?

And yup, I played during ICC patch. Not sure why you think you need to tell me my own history and act like it is bursting my bubble. I was there.

Thinking practically, L80 on healthy realms are having no troubles. The tool and BB addon work well enough; it really just comes down to preference. Leveling 70-80 does seem to be less populated than anticipated, and I think it'd be worthwhile to move past the bitter divide and ask if the alt farm needs support.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Thinking practically, L80 on healthy realms are having no troubles. The tool and BB addon work well enough; it really just comes down to preference. Leveling 70-80 does seem to be less populated than anticipated, and I think it'd be worthwhile to move past the bitter divide and ask if the alt farm needs support.
    It's also pretty inefficient to do dungeons when leveling because it takes so long to get there, and a lot of people just hope that someone else will summon so if you're nice and always go to the stone (like me) you can end up wasting loads of time on it (one time I waited at the stone for a few minutes, no one came, and I just dropped group, it's that bad). Dungeon finder would help solve that problem.
    Last edited by SpaghettiMonk; 2022-11-20 at 02:53 AM.

Would advise you to learn basic math, before trying to be snarky.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Are you horde or alliance? I have a healer on alliance and I don't get that quick, and a tank on horde and it's the same. I feel like I'd be better off having a Horde healer and an Alliance tank lol...
    i play horde. i feel it may all be class and server thing for me. i constantly see peeps spamming looking for a resto shaman. i am one. so i guess my class is in high demand. i also notice when i que into the group finder there is 1-2 healers, 1-2 tanks, followed with 20 dps so it appears there is either a healer shortage on my server or healers arent queing up for it (ie running with friends or guilds).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    70-80 is less populated, imagine being sub 70.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Retail Tool would've been better.

The biggest pain with the current tool are
    1. You cannot see every applicant / who's requesting invite
    2. If you invite someone at a party size of four, you cannot invite another person until you convert it into a raid
    If the person you wanted to invite is AFK, the system basically softlocks you.

I get the intention was to get people talking but people who just ninja invite tanks / healers are much faster because almost everyone just accept their invites and that's it.
    For #2, can you not just convert to a raid after the first person joins the group?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    game would have been 20x better if it launched with RDF.
    true, id prob still be playing wrath classic if i could rdf

« I don't understand how people like you think a "proper MMO" is supposed to work when it comes to things like this.»

Exactly what I’m talking about. Yet thousands of lemmings pleaded to blizzard and changed the game this way - because people who don’t understand what a MMO is asked to change a MMO

- - - Updated - - -

“ The players are LITERALLY doing the same thing that an automatic queue would”

Except that a player wouldn’t invite anyone who is on their Badapples list. Wouldn’t invite an AFK slacker who signed up and went to poop for 20 minutes. The list can be continued.

Automatic queue, while being “convenient”, would do all this resulting in you being in a group with 4 other bots - sometimes bots being malfunctionning.

Or have you never seen a LFD tank with ego that big that he immediately states that group does exactly as he says and does not complain, or he just leaves and he does not care at all because his queue is instant and rest or the group would have to wait for 15-30 minutes?

While blizzard refuses to implement global player rating system similar to Badapples addon, this will keep happening

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    For #2, can you not just convert to a raid after the first person joins the group?
    Which i mentioned.
    you cannot invite another person until you convert it into a raid
    But it's still a stupid workaround for two reasons.
    First, you can end up with suddenly 6 people within the group, so you have to kick one.
    Second, if you forget to turn it back into a party, you're not going to get credit (or items) for any quest, kinda bad when you realize that after you've killed the daily heroic boss.

Here's how it goes:
    How is this better than a queue?
    You can:
    -choose your own group,
    -met people with the same expectation/level of gear/goals,
    -make your own group,

Group Finder is ten times better than queue. Queue is for lazy people who don't know how to live in a society and expect other people to do their job.

It's also pretty inefficient to do dungeons when leveling because it takes so long to get there, and a lot of people just hope that someone else will summon so if you're nice and always go to the stone (like me) you can end up wasting loads of time on it (one time I waited at the stone for a few minutes, no one came, and I just dropped group, it's that bad). Dungeon finder would help solve that problem.
    I'm...okay with that because the pell-mell of people figuring things out is part of an MMO (someone else posted to that effect on this page as well).

Last night, looking closely, the problem wasn't a lack of players but a dearth of tanks not seen at max level. Could be tanks are in guild/friend groups, and that they'd opt into pugs with the convenience of RDF. I'm also not sure if 68-71 is just not a great range for dungeons since a) 72-80 seem happy to run everything available and b) maybe folks just figure they'll blast through Borean and then run the gamut of 5-mans available to them.

I will say, I stepped up and put a run together. Invited a tank then wrangled DPS. Two players in HF were clearly RDF refugees because they took forever to find the entrance into Utgarde yet knew the dungeon itself by heart. All told we wasted about 15 minutes getting in there but unlike a tidy matchmade run, I have a memory. And I do think that experience, as silly as it sounds, is key to Classic.