1+ Year Old Account

[PVP] The 4 button rotation spec.

So apparently this is a thing and looks like fun, but I'd like some confirmation that it's an actual thing and not someone's bad idea.

He's basically saying to remove Pyre from the action bars, and only ever use Living Flame for healing. Most of your damage comes from essentially Disintegrates back to back, and Azure Strike as a filler, with Eternity Surge and Shattering Star only to buff your Disintegrates, and the odd Fire Breath thrown in there when you can free cast and Disintegrate is on cd.

Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-11-19 at 09:52 AM.

Yes, that is correct.

I dont know why people in 2022 have mics like that. Its awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically open with Shattering Star, since it's a debuff, then spam Azure Strikes until I procc a free Disintegrate. If I'm dealing with a group of targets, I'll open with Eternity Surge instead.

That's for PvE though.

Not quite, been PvPing a loooot as Evoker these days.

Disintegrate is your main pressure spell with Azure Strikes to fish for Burst procs and maintain the slow debuff. Shattering Star on CD unless you have big cds coming up.

Living Flame to heal but once you've healed enough to store the healing into damage (a talent) your next Living Flame will be a chonker of a hit.

To kill someone you pop Dragonrage, Tip the Scales, Shattering Star then either cast the chonky Living Flame or a Disintegrate followed by an instant max empower flame breath for BIG DAM. Usually enough to kill anyone around 60% hp geared that didn't pop a cd to handle your breath.

Killed a rogue from 70% when he vanished using that it was hilarious.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I typically open with Shattering Star, since it's a debuff, then spam Azure Strikes until I procc a free Disintegrate. If I'm dealing with a group of targets, I'll open with Eternity Surge instead.

That's for PvE though.
    Shattering star has a very short debuff though.
    I’d save it for higher damage windows like using it just before eternity surge/disintegrate spams, at least in ST.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Shattering star has a very short debuff though.
    I’d save it for higher damage windows like using it just before eternity surge/disintegrate spams, at least in ST.
    I spec into the debuff extension, making it a 6 second debuff. Also starting off with that feeds into the mastery. I'm open to admit that I'm probably doing it wrong though. What's your rotation?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, does anyone know what those shoulders are on the Dracthyr in the video pic?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I spec into the debuff extension, making it a 6 second debuff. Also starting off with that feeds into the mastery. I'm open to admit that I'm probably doing it wrong though. What's your rotation?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, does anyone know what those shoulders are on the Dracthyr in the video pic?
    Typically for ST: Fire breath rank 1, shattering star, eternity surge rank 1, disintegrate until out of essence/essence burst, living flame for filler (unless in dragonrage, then I use azure strike because it procs essence burst faster than living flame)

Though it’s obviously not perfect, I could probably start with some living flames so I can get some essence burst stacks for that disintegrate spam.

The shoulders are from the elite PvP set I believe.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Typically for ST: Fire breath rank 1, shattering star, eternity surge rank 1, disintegrate until out of essence/essence burst, living flame for filler (unless in dragonrage, then I use azure strike because it procs essence burst faster than living flame)

Though it’s obviously not perfect, I could probably start with some living flames so I can get some essence burst stacks for that disintegrate spam.
    Okay, so you use Shattering star after the initial pull. Interesting. I could see a case for starting off with FB. I'm more specced on the blue side, so I have Azure strike buffed to full, and I don't use Living Flame at all except for self healing.

The shoulders are from the elite PvP set I believe.
    Figures.

Scarlet Adaption is a waste of a talent point:

Oneshot (my record was a pentakill):

Precast Tips. Use Boon, Rage, On-use trinket. Dragon breath in immediately followed with a rank 5 Fire Breath. After that you will get nasty whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    So apparently this is a thing and looks like fun, but I'd like some confirmation that it's an actual thing and not someone's bad idea.

He's basically saying to remove Pyre from the action bars, and only ever use Living Flame for healing. Most of your damage comes from essentially Disintegrates back to back, and Azure Strike as a filler, with Eternity Surge and Shattering Star only to buff your Disintegrates, and the odd Fire Breath thrown in there when you can free cast and Disintegrate is on cd.

His spec is missing some key components, but overall it's right.

For example you want to take the Landslide talent so deep breath and your root are both 1min cds - the root break is whatever. Root, Deep Breath, Fire Breath is the BIG combo, if you don't have root you can miss all of it. Very important to have them line up.

You don't need the pyre talent, Dense Energy and you don't need the 6 essence talent - most of your damage is from Essence Burst (free casts) Disintegrates.

Verdents Embrace he didn't take which is part of keeping yourself alive. Poison dispel also has its uses - Especially since rogues are a popular pvp class.

There's a toss up point for either Red Essence Burst or Honed Aggression. The thought here is if you're healing a lot, REB is worth it. If you need more damage Honed Aggression. REB is the default choice however, as you will most likely heal and it can set up your next 15 second burst window.

Eternity's Span, i think is a very underrated talent. This talent enables you to be able to target swap easily as your core ability presses - Azure Strike, Eternity Surge and Shattering Star will hit at least 2 targets with your burst target being your Disintegrates. The split pressure will be very high for a healer to contend with.

Again, i think the guy made a close guide and commend him on it, there are just a few gaps.

I personally will being running this:
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...ADhcZFhcZMhcZg
    Last edited by Angrie; 2022-11-22 at 08:07 PM.

That's for PvE though.
    You really want the Shatter debuff up for either Disintegrate or Eternity Surge and you use it again before either of those abilities. The best opener atm is

Tip the Scales/Dragonrage/Boon of the Covenants > Shatter > Instant Surge (because of Tip) > Lvl1 Fire Breath > 2x Azure Strike > 3x Disintegrate (always clipping after the last damage tick to start the next) > 2x Azure Strikes > 2-3x Disintegrate and so on until Dragonrage runs out.

After that,
    use Fire Breath on CD (depending on the content you do, adjust the empower level. For mobs that live long enough for the DoT to tick go Lvl1, for weak ones got full power)
    use Eternity Surge on CD (empower based on target count, the more you empower the more targets get hit for the full damage)
    use Shatter before Surge and before a Disintegrate
    use your essence and Burst procs on Disintegrate (unless you have many targets, then use Pyre)
    use Living Flame as a filler (Azure Strike for more then two mobs or if you have to move around)