Poll: Do you think Joe Biden is mostly a good President? Why or why not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So surprised at the poll results. Really out of brand for MMOC types. lol

On-topic: No, just no. Bring Trump back.
    And Trump was better why? I'd honestly love to hear your opinion and I'm sure it's not insane in the least bit.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And Trump was better why? I'd honestly love to hear your opinion and I'm sure it's not insane in the least bit.
    Because he triggered the libs! *fap fap fap fap fap*

10+ Year Old Account
    Got us out of Afghanistan.
    Pushed for student loan reduction.
    Properly managed vaccine rollout.
    Passed two infrastructure deals.
    Managed the post pandemic economy better than almost any other western country.

He’s doing great. Much better than the previous 4 years.

People were able to save money instead of merely surviving. But hey, at least there are no more mean tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Because he triggered the libs! *fap fap fap fap fap*

Talkin' about being triggered. Based.

So surprised at the poll results. Really out of brand for MMOC types. lol

On-topic: No, just no. Bring Trump back.
    Why the fuck would anyone want a fucking traitor?

10+ Year Old Account
    People were able to save money instead of merely surviving. But hey, at least there are no more mean tweets.
    You mean when he levied the greatest tax increase on the middle class by signing a tax cut for the ultra wealthy?

Do we need to bring @Breccia in here and show you where you're spouting nonsense again?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean when he levied the greatest tax increase on the middle class by signing a tax cut for the ultra wealthy?

Do we need to bring @Breccia in here and show you where you're spouting nonsense again?
    Don't forget that everyone's taxes went up in 2021 and will every 2 years til 2027 because of that too. Except for the people that he made the tax cuts permanent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Nah, he has two choices.

1) He can point to the spike in personal savings in 2020, which was due to COVID, and therefore give Trump credit for everything else COVID brought -- including the unemployment spike and hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Or.

2) He can admit that personal savings from 2009 to 2019 was about the same. And by "about" I mean "Obama did better". But doing so means that we're ruling out COVID which in turn means we're not blaming Biden for inflation.

So he's painted himself into a corner. He doesn't need me to explain that. He already knows Trump is a fat fucking failure.

Were they? He taxed Americans multiple times thanks to the tax cuts, trade war, and fucking up the Covid response which lost many their jobs. The Fed had to constantly do something else America would have been in a recession for at least half of his presidency.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nobody wants that woman to be president though.
    That's a tough spot. Makes you wonder why they picked her as VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    He seems okay. He's not going to be remembered for much (so far), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd say that's just him doing his job well enough, which usually isn't memorable to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Were they? He taxed Americans multiple times thanks to the tax cuts, trade war, and fucking up the Covid response which lost many their jobs. The Fed had to constantly do something else America would have been in a recession for at least half of his presidency.
    Let's not forget the whole "surviving" thing is in the context of over a million Americans dying due to his incompetence and shenanigans.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    That's a tough spot. Makes you wonder why they picked her as VP.
    Because she's a woman and bonus points because she's Indian/Black.

That is literally the reason.

Trouble is they chose the wrong person to be the token, because people really don't like her.

I think the worst thing the Democrats could do to themselves is making her the nominee, that's one sure way to lose to Trump or Desantis, lol.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-11-21 at 09:25 AM.

Who is the most likely Democrat to replace Biden for 2024? Surely he's not actually going to run again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Who is the most likely Democrat to replace Biden for 2024? Surely he's not actually going to run again.
    Too early to say, but; 71 percent of Democrats now say Biden could win reelection: survey

Nearly three-quarters of Democrats now say President Biden could win if he runs for another White House term in 2024, according to a new USA Today-Ipsos poll.

A sitting president’s party typically loses big in an off-year election, but Democrats bucked historical trends to keep control of the Senate. Republicans took over control of the House, but by a much smaller margin than expected.

The USA Today-Ipsos poll found that voters’ perception that Biden can win in 2024 jumped notably among women (55 percent in August to 71 percent in November) and among voters aged 18-34 (53 percent in August to 69 percent in November).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Too early to say, but; 71 percent of Democrats now say Biden could win reelection: survey

Nearly three-quarters of Democrats now say President Biden could win if he runs for another White House term in 2024, according to a new USA Today-Ipsos poll.

A sitting president’s party typically loses big in an off-year election, but Democrats bucked historical trends to keep control of the Senate. Republicans took over control of the House, but by a much smaller margin than expected.

The USA Today-Ipsos poll found that voters’ perception that Biden can win in 2024 jumped notably among women (55 percent in August to 71 percent in November) and among voters aged 18-34 (53 percent in August to 69 percent in November).
    I think a significant reason the Democrats did better than expected recently is because of how awful the Republicans have been, and not because Biden himself has been awesome. The guy is visibly deteriorating. Can you imagine the state he'll be in in 2 or 3 years' time? Honestly I'm amazed people think he should run again. Do the Dems not have any stand-out younger figure waiting in the wings?

If age is an issue for Biden then it's an issue for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If age is an issue for Biden then it's an issue for Trump.
    Not necessarily. Bernie Sanders is still razor sharp in the brain department and he's older than both of them. Trump is just inherently an idiot, a condition unrelated to age.

Not necessarily. Bernie Sanders is still razor sharp in the brain department and he's older than both of them. Trump is just inherently an idiot, a condition unrelated to age.
    And Chuck Grassley (IA) has already filed for reelection for 2028. He was reelected this year at 89, and he'll be 95yrs old then, and when he's done that term, he'll be 100.
    If nothing else, Iowa has nothing to complain about regarding age.
    But yea, idiocy isn't respective of age.

I think a significant reason the Democrats did better than expected recently is because of how awful the Republicans have been, and not because Biden himself has been awesome.
    yeah, the fact they had someone lose to a guy who had a massive stroke a couple months before the election is insane.

The guy is visibly deteriorating. Can you imagine the state he'll be in in 2 or 3 years' time? Honestly I'm amazed people think he should run again. Do the Dems not have any stand-out younger figure waiting in the wings?
    so here's a two part question:
    1. what does a president really do besides be a figurehead for government and set the tone and agenda for politics during their term?
    trump and bush jr are both complete morons in general and with zero knowledge of how the federal government works specifically - the interesting contrast is that trump filled his administration and cabinet with other morons who also don't know how government works, and bush jr filled his with neocon warhawks left over from the reagan administration.

the point is: in both cases, the federal government kept operating.
    taxes were collected, funds allocated, the senate and congress continued their public spectacle performance art, some things got better and some things got worse (mostly but not exclusively tied to whether R or D was involved)... the president didn't seem to really matter at all.
    i would contend that if biden were full-blown drooling into his neck tie unable to form coherent sentences that he would be preferable to a republican president, because at least biden wouldn't be doing anything and the wheels of government can just keep turning and life goes on.

2. the democrats don't have a younger stand-out figure because there aren't any classical neoliberal conservatives in the younger (18-40 or so) age range right now that have an ounce of charisma or have been successful at conning people into believing they are left leaning.
    the younguns are either *actual* progressives and liberals, which the democrats absolutely cannot abide by in any kind of position of power within the party, or the brain-dead psychotics that are drawn to the republicans.
    ok some exceptions to that, for example krysten sinema... she's fairly young, exactly the kind of anti-progressive shithead that the democrats love, but she's boring and tedious and doesn't have a single scrap of personality to her.
    she'll probably end up being in government for the next 60 years, but she'll end up being another feinstein - just a useless sack of shit that sits there for decades impeding human progress.

the democrats do have a handful of relatively young status quo conservatives who will carry on the ground-level work of the party, for example hakeen jeffries seems poised to begin his ascent to the top of Mediocre Mountain (ie, speaker for the democrats) and i'm sure he'll fit right in with schumer and the rest of the old guard conservatives that run the DNC... but there's no charismatic mouthpiece that gets the plebes fired up about the dramatic hope of having a pro-business status quo structural institutionalist be president (aka: obama or clinton) available right now.

unless someone from the recent elections turns out to be a real magnetic speaker who is adept at speaking in extremely vague hogwash about the future without actually promising any kind of real action, which is the bread and butter of the democratic party, it's just gonna end up being biden again, or a similarly ancient lifetime career root vegetable of a human being.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2022-11-22 at 09:23 AM.