Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Affliction ready for DF launch?

Hey.

Just wondering if the warlock community has been trying out the class on test realms?

Is it ready for launch on the 28th Nov? or still far behind destro?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

All warlock specs are in great shape regarding their talents.

It’s druid general talent tree + guardian and paladin trees that devs left half baked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluxe View Post

It’s druid general talent tree + guardian and paladin trees that devs left half baked.
    the lock tree is alright imo, like the last talents are pretty bad imo. esp the drain soul one. its only one specc that will really use it and thats affli, and i dont even know if it will be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestyboy View Post
    the lock tree is alright imo, like the last talents are pretty bad imo. esp the drain soul one. its only one specc that will really use it and thats affli, and i dont even know if it will be viable.
    Would be nice if it was not so very bottom tier like it is atm in shadowlands tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Just wondering if the warlock community has been trying out the class on test realms?

From a pvp player: Yes i think so. Numbers are middle of the pack, trees are good.

I would argue Demo got nerfed too hard numberwise and destro feels low as well. But that is number tuning.
    After testing Feral / Enh / Balance it feels weak (but maybe those are busted and waiting for nerfbat).
    Demo has too much ramp up and casts as always since we lost Meta. Destro is good. But affli "feels" best imo. You get to use Drain Life talents from the Lock tree. The issue is the high mana cost though.

And left Shadow absolutely mutilated beyond recognition.

As for Affliction, I can't vouch for numbers, but the tree seems pretty well put together.

Hey.

Such a wierd question. You asking for pure DPS numbers or you talking about talent tree and the iteration of it(if so - what didn't you like about it)?

- - - Updated - - -

How is it left half baked?
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-10-21 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aff tree is good. One of the better laid trees out from what I've played on ptr. Numbers are where we want them right now imo, mid to low, that is perfect for this stage with more tuning coming.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Such a wierd question. You asking for pure DPS numbers or you talking about talent tree and the iteration of it(if so - what didn't you like about it)?
    I have not looked at the tree at all.

I just know that affliction is very low dmg and lackluster on logs atm.

Wondering if stuff is ”Fixed” to make it playable or if it is still very low.

I have not looked at the tree at all.

I just know that affliction is very low dmg and lackluster on logs atm.

Wondering if stuff is ”Fixed” to make it playable or if it is still very low.
    You've been here long enough to know that if you pick a low performing spec - it should perform better later. Or if you pick a high - it would get nerfed. I mained demo lock by the SL release(1year before it become mainstream as I saw the potential).

I don't think you have a good approach. You could ask if affliction is more fun to play in DF compared to SL(i'm also curious for the answer, didn't play beta).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-10-21 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    You've been here long enough to know that if you pick a low performing spec - it should perform better later. Or if you pick a high - it would get nerfed. I mained demo lock by the SL release(1year before it become mainstream as I saw the potential).

I don't think you have a good approach. You could ask if affliction is more fun to play in DF compared to SL(i'm also curious for the answer, didn't play beta).
    They fixed the major stuff like haunt modifiers not working and some of our new, major talents at the bottom of our trees being bugged yes.

Playable and fun imo. Holding our own in M+.. still middle pack tuning wise.

Tree is good but it's still miles behind the other 2 specs at 70, especially Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Tree is good but it's still miles behind the other 2 specs at 70, especially Demo.
    its not that bad tbh, just wish that seed wasnt a 2second cast time tho...

Demo is best for mythics?

What about raids is it still demo or does afflic pull ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Demo is best for mythics?

What about raids is it still demo or does afflic pull ahead?
    Don't look at prepatch numbers, they're heavily skewed due to various things that won't be there anymore for DF.

As it is right now on the DF Beta, Affliction is absolute shit in both M+ and Raids. Things may change until launch, but for now, Demo is the superior spec in all forms of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Don't look at prepatch numbers, they're heavily skewed due to various things that won't be there anymore for DF.

As it is right now on the DF Beta, Affliction is absolute shit in both M+ and Raids. Things may change until launch, but for now, Demo is the superior spec in all forms of content.
    I just don't have the patience to pick some class/spec then wait 8 months for Blizz to fix it.

My favorite classes are warlock, warrior and monk.

I don't need top spec, top OP whatever, I just want something that is ready to go at launch.

I don't need top spec, top OP whatever, I just want something that is ready to go at launch.
    If by 'ready to go at launch' you mean 'is not literally unplayable' then every spec qualifies, and it's kind of insane to assume that ever wouldn't be the case. Affliction is absolutely playable, but it performs worse than the other two specs, and worse than most other ranged specs (and most melee specs are superior to ranged specs right now). If performance isn't a concern for you, play whatever you like - it'll never NOT be at least playable.

If by 'ready to go at launch' you mean 'is not literally unplayable' then every spec qualifies, and it's kind of insane to assume that ever wouldn't be the case. Affliction is absolutely playable, but it performs worse than the other two specs, and worse than most other ranged specs (and most melee specs are superior to ranged specs right now). If performance isn't a concern for you, play whatever you like - it'll never NOT be at least playable.
    Its not enough just to be playable.

No matter how much fun a class is to play, if the numbers aren't at least +/- 15% with everyone else, I feel like I'm not pulling my weight, and its just a not fun time.

No matter how much fun a class is to play, if the numbers aren't at least +/- 15% with everyone else, I feel like I'm not pulling my weight, and its just a not fun time.
    It's hard to find a baseline, but most ranged specs are probably roughly in that area - depending on content. Some raid fights will favor certain specs due to mechanics, and M+ will also favor certain specs due to the damage profile. However, most ranged specs right now are probably more than 15% behind most melee specs.

That being said, at least right now Demo lock seems to be among the best ranged overall. So Warlock is likely to be a "safe" pick for class, even if Affliction (for now) is pretty far behind.

It's hard to find a baseline, but most ranged specs are probably roughly in that area - depending on content. Some raid fights will favor certain specs due to mechanics, and M+ will also favor certain specs due to the damage profile. However, most ranged specs right now are probably more than 15% behind most melee specs.

That being said, at least right now Demo lock seems to be among the best ranged overall. So Warlock is likely to be a "safe" pick for class, even if Affliction (for now) is pretty far behind.
    Its hard to figure anything out.

Web pages with tier lists are wildly inconsistent, depending on where I go demo is S tier, A tier, B tier etc... same for warrior and monk.

I even found a bunch of pages putting survival hunter at S tier. When did that happen?

There does seem to be some consensus that fury/prot warriors are working well, and demo/destro warlocks are doing well.

I had a max level warrior and warlock in shadowlands, so I should be able to jump on either of them and make a good start on dragon flight.