Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    And Zandalary fleet was destroyed by Alliance SI7, while Alliance fleet - with Azshara. So it doesnt count as some strikeback, just bullshit drama.
    While Azshara destroyed the fleet, she did it as part of her agreement with Sylvanas. Nathanos baited the Alliance fleet to the location of the Tidestone and signalled they were in place with Xal'atath, handing the dagger to Azshara as payment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    They actually wrote that? How the hell do they think giving back land is "reparations"?
    None of that was written in any place. Calia would consider suggesting to the Council that the Forsaken withdraw from GIlneas. She did not say when, did not say how and there was no guarantee they'd accept.

Sadly that is not how it works. The Alliance is there to play the punching bag when the Horde grows bored. Then they have to forgive and forget so that next time the Horde stabs them in the back it is a surprise again.

Getting something back is not part of the plan. That is for the Horde alone. At best the victims of the recent genocide are forced to help the Horde's worst people to regain their territory in exchange for empty promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    At the end of Shadowlands, Tyrande was gifted a seed infused with kaldorei souls. It is now being keeped and guarded somewhere before it can take root. There are theories it will grow new World Tree.

It will take some time, though.
    Pretty sure it will be grown in Dragonflight. With some help from Alex and Nozdormu it should be no problem growing it to full size in a few days or even hours.

If there is any justice in the writer's story the new seed is planted in Gilneas and we get it as the new zone of Worgen and Nelfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I see no reason why Blizzard would mention this detail if they didn't want to go through with the idea.

Literally what's even the reason of having Calia mention this part if the writers are not actually interested in giving Gilneas back to the Alliance? To give false hopes to Worgen players?
    I mean the Alliance literally went through two expansions of false hope of justice for Teldrassil and in the end all consequences for the Horde have been erased, even the perpetrator herself got out of it all with slap on the wrist and the one city they lost was given back.
    It is obvious which side the writers are on, so I would not get my hopes for any Alliance gains up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I mean the Alliance literally went through two expansions of false hope of justice for Teldrassil and in the end all consequences for the Horde have been erased, even the perpetrator herself got out of it all with slap on the wrist and the one city they lost was given back.
    It is obvious which side the writers are on, so I would not get my hopes for any Alliance gains up.
    Punishment for the Horde is not having any of the old main characters or leadership left. Minus "I feel so guilty" Thrall, they're all dead and the ones left are side characters at best. Any older Horde player that had attachment to Horde characters is kinda left with nothing atm (Lor'themar is literally the longest lasting Horde faction leader at this point.).

Alliance has lost...just Varian? And even gained Genn, Alleria, and Turalyon. They've been put so front and center that they're main WoW characters now, Horde characters put up front seem to just die, unless you're Baine.

TBH, I'd be kinda afraid of what they'll do if/when they really decide to focus on Alliance stories. Just look at Andiun, they gave him a huge amount of focus and now his mind is fucked and he's off on sabbatical.

Missing a place is just a feature when it comes to alliance, Gnomes and Worgen has been missing a place for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    You mean how humans lost all their kingdoms and only 1 has been rebuilt? Maybe two if Stromgarde is used some day and becomes a proper city not just a military base.

When it comes to Gilneas, the day we see it as a small Alliance hub at least then its a victory. Like all it needs is some Cleaning of Undead warmachines some Gilneas npcs walking around a flight point and some vendors. Maybe some forsaken helping with the repairs to send messages of peace.
    Like 8h of work for 1 person.
    You're talking about things that happened pre-wow. Vanilla had a balance for each race. With some races sharing zones.

For some unexplained reason Ashenvale is still getting attacked. And the only safe place is Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Darnassus is gone and the Alliance is down to 3 cities while horde still got under city?

Theramore is never fixed.

Not even Gilneas is back ingame for the Alliance even if it did happen lorevise years ago?

Will Alliance ever get something?
    Only cities that matter are Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Current Expansion Hub. Others are never used by Blizz or Players

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Punishment for the Horde is not having any of the old main characters or leadership left. Minus "I feel so guilty" Thrall, they're all dead and the ones left are side characters at best. Any older Horde player that had attachment to Horde characters is kinda left with nothing atm (Lor'themar is literally the longest lasting Horde faction leader at this point.).

Alliance has lost...just Varian? And even gained Genn, Alleria, and Turalyon. They've been put so front and center that they're main WoW characters now, Horde characters put up front seem to just die, unless you're Baine.

TBH, I'd be kinda afraid of what they'll do if/when they really decide to focus on Alliance stories. Just look at Andiun, they gave him a huge amount of focus and now his mind is fucked and he's off on sabbatical.
    See here is the thing. The Horde players do lose things. The Horde as a faction in Azeroth though doesn't. The Horde player gets to see iconic characters get character assassination followed by death (or in Sylvanas case, she is removed from the story and is likely to return as a Neutral when she does). That is punishment for Horde players, not for the Horde. The Horde trades a character for getting to commit atrocities and getting out of it with no real consequences. Heck as Horde players often and rightfully complain, those characters are nowhere near the power level of their Alliance equivalents which means their loss is even less important for the Horde.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-11-21 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Objectively, Blizzard does not update zones unless either they put new content there or the zones are high traffic Horde areas.
    Which Horde high-traffic area was updated without new content being put there? The only instance I can even tangentially think of was Orgrimmar, and Stormwind also got updates.

Punishment for the Horde is not having any of the old main characters or leadership left.
    Complain to the part of your faction that keeps shouting for more faction war. If they weren't so gung-ho about murdering Alliance people then the writers wouldn't feel obligated to placate them with this bullshit plot anymore.
    If you keep starting wars and keep commiting atrocities in them in the service of psychopathic people, then yeah you keep loosing people. It is far less then the Horde deserves after following a crazy person into a murderous war not ONCE but TWICE. Be thankful that you always get out of any blame with just one scapegoat.
    Of course, this time, not even that much punishment was allowed. The scapegoat got community service and will happily return in a patch or two.

Meanwhile, not only did we not get our cities back, as the Horde did, we also lost our King, because he for some reason feels bad for things he was forced to do while being mind-controlled...

The new leadership of the Horde is the only safeguard we have against the next insane Warchief taking over, now they just need to get rid of the Mag'har leader, Rukhan and Talanji, who still haven't gotten the message that war is bad for your health.

Minus "I feel so guilty" Thrall, they're all dead and the ones left are side characters at best. Any older Horde player that had attachment to Horde characters is kinda left with nothing atm (Lor'themar is literally the longest lasting Horde faction leader at this point.).
    Considering the people with attachment to the old characters are only attached to them because they want the evil Horde and faction war, which brought us such "masterpieces" as BFA and SLs, I feel very little sympathy.

This is what I mean. The Alliance is the faction of diplomacy. We tend to make friends, because we do not bombs cities, torch or blight civilian population centers or enslave dragons to rape them for mounts. So it is only natural that people join us. The bigger question is why anyone in their right mind would join the Horde and yet it happens.
    You probably don't realize that the exact same number of people joined the Horde? For Genn you got the Belfs (Liadrin and Lor'themar), for Alleria you got Thalyssra, for Turalyon you got whoever the Vulpera leader is. We even go Minus 1 since Jaina was already ours before she took control of the Kul'Tirans, while you got Talanji.

You not liking these characters does not negate their existence.

Well, Anduin was just another victim of Danuser bending the universe around Sylvanas. He had to be sacrificed to make her realize that the Jailer MAYBE isn't the good guy she thinks he is, just as Teldrassil had to be sacrificed in order for Saurfang to realize that MAYBE the evil Banshee that tinkers with plagues and commits one atrocity after another isn't a good person.

I am not even sure Danuser could write without Sylvanas as the focus of his entire plot. Dragonflight will show...

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because it takes nothing for a multi-billionaire company to actually remove the blight from Gilneas.

With Teldrassil you can at least argue that they need to create a whole new world tree zone from scratch.

With Gilneas, they literally just need to remove the pockets of blight from the land, like they easily did with Tirisfal/Ruins of Lordaeron at the end of Shadowlands.

How hard can it be for their art team to do that realistically?
    It also did not cost him anything to remove the Kaldorei Refugees and say that they were in Hijal as they implied in BFA and two novels.

As per the new short story...

Wrathion had also learned that the kaldorei were preoccupied with a new development. He did not know the nature of the endeavor . . . yet.

They (Nelves/Blizzard) are working on it. Looks like we will get a reveal in Dragonflight.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-11-21 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It'll take until devs are given the time to create an entirely new city and once they finish it, you'll have to wait until they choose which patch cycle to implement it.

So either:
    1) It's already made and they're waiting for a lore-relevant moment
    2) It's not made, so you have to wait for it to be built and then #1
    3) They're probably updating multiple cities/places at once, so it still falls under #1/#2
    4) It's not happening because they decided mega-raids with details you'll never get to see have priority
    Bastante razonable.

The night elves are still homeless in Stormwind even after the timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Wrathion had also learned that the kaldorei were preoccupied with a new development. He did not know the nature of the endeavor . . . yet.

They (Nelves/Blizzard) are working on it. Looks like we will get a reveal in Dragonflight.
    Big portion of Ohnaran plains is currently unused, Ysera needs to be resurrected and Malfurion sacrificed to do so.

They'll plant the tree in Dragon Isles and get new capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Big portion of Ohnaran plains is currently unused, Ysera needs to be resurrected and Malfurion sacrificed to do so.

Not a chance. There is no way they'll put a racial capital in the middle of an expansion zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

At this point I think it's a threat

That it will arrive in the middle of the expansion and we will only use it for half an expansion and then never again?

Besides, the Horde is not invited because it is the racial capital.

The truth sounds to me that it will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    The night elves are still homeless in Stormwind even after the timeskip.
    Even after Tyrande says that they are going to Hijal and that in two novels they confirm that they are in Hijal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    At the end of Shadowlands, Tyrande was gifted a seed infused with kaldorei souls. It is now being keeped and guarded somewhere before it can take root. There are theories it will grow new World Tree.

It will take some time, though.
    Yeah and knowing the devs it could end up forgotten, Jaina proved with powerful enough magic the plague can eliminated...still no Gilneas

Gnomes still don't truly have Gnomergon

Theramore was atomized

Stormwind was smoldering for years after the fall of Deathwing

The Alliance doesn't fair well when it comes to cities

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, but your example is the opposite of what I mentioned. In lore, all Horde presence was removed, but in the game itself, nothing changes. And that's my point: the fact Gilneas is a BG in the game would prevent the zone to be converted into a major capital city like Exodar, Stormwind and Ironforge, in my understanding.
    Well with crossfaction happening could rebrand bgs more as military exercises to keep the troops fresh. That way city can return and bg has a lore reason to exist.

Any capital thats not on Kalimdor is probably worse than no capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Another genocide by Horde which will be forgiven and promptly forgotten in couple of year's time.
    Yeah pretty much.