Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    To have this thing called FUN. I don't see any fun in challenge, I need no challenge. I just wanna do something in a group together, preferably easy stuff. Just chill, have a good time.
    So what is preventing you from just doing 5mans? They fit all your criteria. They're easy, don't require a schedule, you can just chill and have a good time without any challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account

To have this thing called FUN. I don't see any fun in challenge, I need no challenge. I just wanna do something in a group together, preferably easy stuff. Just chill, have a good time.
    Blizzard wants raids to be challenging. That was the entire point, the end game where you put your gear and skills to the test to conquer challenging bosses to get the best loot. If you don't find challenge fun, then maybe raids aren't for you, because you have an issue with the very core idea behind them. Raids were meant to be the content for people who wanted to push themselves and get better, leveling and 5 mans were always the casual content for not trying hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Blizzard wants raids to be challenging. That was the entire point, the end game where you put your gear and skills to the test to conquer challenging bosses to get the best loot. If you don't find challenge fun, then maybe raids aren't for you, because you have an issue with the very core idea behind them. Raids were meant to be the content for people who wanted to push themselves and get better, leveling and 5 mans were always the casual content for not trying hard.
    Maybe that was once their philosophy and still is for retail, but hardly for Classic. Classic is a nostalgiatrip for us dad gamer boomers. Classic Molten Core was the best time I ever had and I know many people who agree with that. Just get your friends together, kill some bosses, have a beer, talk on discord, have a few laughs. No wipes, no hardship, just good chill times.

5mans are not very fun, too few people. It felt epic to have 40 people, like you were at a big party!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that was once their philosophy and still is for retail, but hardly for Classic. Classic is a nostalgiatrip for us dad gamer boomers. Classic Molten Core was the best time I ever had and I know many people who agree with that. Just get your friends together, kill some bosses, have a beer, talk on discord, have a few laughs. No wipes, no hardship, just good chill times.

5mans are not very fun, too few people. It felt epic to have 40 people, like you were at a big party!
    Just because it's a relaunch doesn't mean that core philosophy has changed. Also, Classic isn't just a "nostalgiatrip" for dad gamer boomers. It's for everyone who loves and played this game, I was 15 when I killed the Lich King. You aren't the only demographic Blizzard is marketing to, plenty of people are playing this game to do Ulduar Heroics and beyond. There are people who never played the original, but are hardcore M+ and Mythic raiders who want to experience Ulduar and beyond first hand. People still love pushing themselves, actually playing the game and trying to conquer the challenges.

Molten Core was cleared with a raid that wasn't even fully level 60. Final patch talents and class changes change things drastically, and players are significantly better than they were back in the day. Molten Core was already pathetically easy, and it was even more so because they left it the same while our characters were drastically buffed via talents and class changes. While this may appeal to you, it's pretty clear you're in a minority, because most people aren't struggling with Naxx because nothing has changed mechanically and the buffs only keep it in like with our own character buffs.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2022-11-20 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like you want a Guild. Those kind of moments you talk about happen in a guild.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Sounds like you want a Guild. Those kind of moments you talk about happen in a guild.
    It can happen with nice pugs too. And like I said guildraiding impossible for me besides gearing is too slow in guilds, you generally get more loot in pugs, to trial periods, no prio list etc.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

15+ Year Old Account
    It can happen with nice pugs too. And like I said guildraiding impossible for me besides gearing is too slow in guilds, you generally get more loot in pugs, to trial periods, no prio list etc.
    You're so stubborn about not wanting or being able to join a guild, when literally everything you've written in your last posts is what happens in a guild. You do realise you can join a guild as a "social" right? You're not expected to turn up to any raid. If you're online and they need someone you might get asked to join if you're available, etc etc. This is just one possibility.

There are lots of possibilities for people with awkward schedules to join guilds and be a part of them. It just seems to me you're being stubborn and not wanting to open your eyes to it.

My life doesn't allow me to raid the same day a week two weeks in a row, I work very, very irregular hours. Guildraiding is absolutely impossible.
    You've never heard of a social spot in a guild? I've played in countless guilds and almost all of them have social spots where the socials will raid when they can, will get invites to adhoc alt runs and are regulars among the dungeon groups. Being in a guild doesn't mean chaining yourself down to a schedule, the whole issue you have with the game here is of your own making.

You'd rather get declined for raids all night and eventually get into a 6 hour Naxx clear than just be in a guild that doesn't mind occasionally have you tag along for an easy ride. Your problems are also of your own making based on the advice I gave you about your character, all of which could be massively improved and fixed without stepping foot inside a raid, or spending any significant amount of gold.

You've basically set yourself up for having a difficult time in game.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You've never heard of a social spot in a guild? I've played in countless guilds and almost all of them have social spots where the socials will raid when they can, will get invites to adhoc alt runs and are regulars among the dungeon groups. Being in a guild doesn't mean chaining yourself down to a schedule, the whole issue you have with the game here is of your own making.

You'd rather get declined for raids all night and eventually get into a 6 hour Naxx clear than just be in a guild that doesn't mind occasionally have you tag along for an easy ride. Your problems are also of your own making based on the advice I gave you about your character, all of which could be massively improved and fixed without stepping foot inside a raid, or spending any significant amount of gold.

You've basically set yourself up for having a difficult time in game.

I have been in many guilds but never been offered a raid spot that can actually give some loot. It's always like "you get the loot no main need" so what's the point?

I have been in many guilds but never been offered a raid spot that can actually give some loot. It's always like "you get the loot no main need" so what's the point?
    Get the loot that no mains need accounts for a massive amount of loot in most guilded raids right now, you'd end up with far more loot than you would in a pug where you're spending twice as long. I thought you only cared about the experience and now you're more concerned about the loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the loot that no mains need accounts for a massive amount of loot in most guilded raids right now, you'd end up with far more loot than you would in a pug where you're spending twice as long. I thought you only cared about the experience and now you're more concerned about the loot?
    Chill times and loot is important, that's why Molten Core was perfect, easy bosses, easy loot.

And Soft Reserve is the best thing to ever happen, you can chose exactly what item you want and are not stuck with the lesser loot most don't need anymore.

You're trying to discuss with someone who's either a seasoned troll, or genuinely mentally disabled. You'll never get anything coherent from him

15+ Year Old Account
    Chill times and loot is important, that's why Molten Core was perfect, easy bosses, easy loot.

And Soft Reserve is the best thing to ever happen, you can chose exactly what item you want and are not stuck with the lesser loot most don't need anymore.
    You really have an excuse for everything...

You seem to have this expectation of being on par with everyone else, people who do have time to be in a raiding guild. Get it out of your head already. It's not Blizzards fault you cant be in a raiding guild because of your awkward schedule.

So, join a guild as a social and get the loot they don't need and accept the fact you're not going to be on par with people who do have the time to be a main raider.

OP is farming. This has ro be a troll post. Haha

Plenty of guilds use soft-reserve for their alt-runs and 10mans.

Anyway, I get what you're saying. You'd spend 3 hours looking for a group that will invite your undergeared char, to spend half a day wiping in a raid for the chance to roll on ilvl226 loot against 6+ other players who have soft-reserved the same items, the majority of the raid needs something off every boss so everything is contested. And you'd prefer that to getting an instant invite to a raid that will be cleared in under 2 hours, that won't let you have 226 items but will let you have multiple other items with no competition because your character needs everything that drops.

So you'd rather work much harder for less loot. Every post you make is completely nonsensical, you have no aptitude for the game even to the point of avoiding wasting your own time, and while everyone is telling you what to us seems plain obvious, you're still not convinced.

Everything you're asking for in the game is answered. You just want to have your cake and eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of guilds use soft-reserve for their alt-runs and 10mans.

Anyway, I get what you're saying. You'd spend 3 hours looking for a group that will invite your undergeared char, to spend half a day wiping in a raid for the chance to roll on ilvl226 loot against 6+ other players who have soft-reserved the same items, the majority of the raid needs something off every boss so everything is contested. And you'd prefer that to getting an instant invite to a raid that will be cleared in under 2 hours, that won't let you have 226 items but will let you have multiple other items with no competition because your character needs everything that drops.

So you'd rather work much harder for less loot. Every post you make is completely nonsensical, you have no aptitude for the game even to the point of avoiding wasting your own time, and while everyone is telling you what to us seems plain obvious, you're still not convinced.

Everything you're asking for in the game is answered. You just want to have your cake and eat it.

The entire discussion start with Blizzard ruining the game for people like me, by buffing the raids. If the raids were easier, this wouldn't be much of a problem.

The entire discussion start with Blizzard ruining the game for people like me, by buffing the raids. If the raids were easier, this wouldn't be much of a problem.
    If the raid was even easier what would be the point of an rpg and collecting gear/making your character stronger at all? Without an environment to put it up to test?

Naxx is so piss easy and boring that I already feel alienated by the wotlk hype by quite a bit, without the 30% dmg/hp buff I'd outright call classic fans crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    If the raid was even easier what would be the point of an rpg and collecting gear/making your character stronger at all? Without an environment to put it up to test?

Naxx is so piss easy and boring that I already feel alienated by the wotlk hype by quite a bit, without the 30% dmg/hp buff I'd outright call classic fans crazy.
    Who says there has to be challenges, there is no holy book of RPGs and how they HAVE to be designed. Classic-Classic was a success and it was by far the easiest raiding we had, why is that you think? Cause there is fun outside of challenges!

Gearing makes things faster and smoother, even if it's easy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    well this aged like milk.

naxx was total faceroll content even with the buff.
    See ya in ulduar buddy
    I 3d print stuff

Yeah no one agrees with you. It sounds like you dont have time or the life to play wow. Should probably move on.