Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sorry, but all I got from the OP is that "It's not dark and edgy" thus it's shit and I am mad. Also...something about Pandas...how can someone be still mad about Pandas? It's been 10 years, let it go bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Healerme View Post
    Evoker is a weird one, a lot of people seem to go into the class with a desire to dislike it.
    Honestly, I don't think it's even that. It's the fact that the class is indeed different and most people judge it based on initial impressions. And it's difficult to do it properly, especially with the Prevoker (but Devoker too, to some extent). Yeah, most people seem to be under the impression that Empower skills need to be channelled as long as possible for the best outcome (which is wrong); I guess they think it works like any other channel? Yeah, Prevoker doesn't have any powerful spammable abilities and its strenght indeed lies in being able to prepare for damage in advance. How do you do that after a couple of hours of playtime?

And some of the criticizm is just false information being spread by people who don't have a clue, but think of themselves as "experienced players". The amount of false information on a single page of this thread is just stunning, and by no means do I mean the impressions, but objectively false info.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-11-21 at 01:57 PM.

i ended up making mine the other night, starting zone was fun, spells are kind of cool - class is not for me.
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I'm sorry, but all I got from the OP is that "It's not dark and edgy" thus it's shit and I am mad. Also...something about Pandas...how can someone be still mad about Pandas? It's been 10 years, let it go bro.
    Off-topic: I want now want glyphs to customise frost magic to resemble Elsa's.

Ice-wall-castle anyone?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    That's the same kind of missplay as when someone drops a an AoE in the wrong spot.
    It really isn't, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah I see the dark ranger fans are beginning to get to the anger stage of there grief.
    To be fair Dark Rangers are more likely to happen in the future now more than ever since Sylvanas no longer has a faction and is neutral. She can train neutral Rangers when she comes back and they can choose which faction to represent.

That being said I think Dracthyr are pretty decen't and fill the niche they were going for, albiet with some issues that need to be ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    It really isn't, though.
    Okay, fam. Next time prep with some CC instead of doing a strafing run from a mile away. May help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Off-topic: I want now want glyphs to customise frost magic to resemble Elsa's.

Ice-wall-castle anyone?
    At the very least, might be fun to have an add-on to play Frozen sound effects when I cast spells as a frost mage.

EDIT: On the original topic, I personally found Evokers fun to play. There are definitely some weird spots with them, I don't feel like I have nearly as many great healing tricks as I do on my Resto Druid, but they seem overall like a decent addition to the game. Would've maybe added a tank spec, feels weird not to have one. But overall I'm happy with the class.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2022-11-21 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Commenting on original topic

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To be fair Dark Rangers are more likely to happen in the future now more than ever since Sylvanas no longer has a faction and is neutral. She can train neutral Rangers when she comes back and they can choose which faction to represent.

That being said I think Dracthyr are pretty decen't and fill the niche they were going for, albiet with some issues that need to be ironed out.
    People have been saying they will be the next class every expan since wrath along with tinkerers, at some point you need to let go and dark rangers are far beyond that point given that they have already been made playable just not as a class.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The spell animations really do look kinda silly. Why can't it just be fire instead of whatever sparkly happiness they fire at enemies
    Because
    1) Fire is boring. Two classes already mainly use Fire, who needs a third
    2) The Evoker combines the magical domains of all the Dragonflights, and that magic is color coded, hence it makes absolute sense that spells that are a combination of those domains have multiple colours. They incoporate Red (Fire with a touch of Life Magic) and Blue Magic (Arcane) to destroy enemies while Green (Pure Life magic) and Bronze (Time magic) allow them to heal wounds or turn back time so that the wounds never happened respectively. While the DPS spec isn't particularly unique (lore-wise) since it is basically a combination of Arcane and Fire Mage, the Heal spec is something completely new. Time Magic as a game mechanic is very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Okay, fam. Next time prep with some CC instead of doing a strafing run from a mile away. May help.
    I was the rogue in that scenario, not the dracthyr. And it wasn't a complaint, it's funny that the brand new class is such a clown show.

I was the rogue in that scenario, not the dracthyr. And it wasn't a complaint, it's funny that the brand new class is such a clown show.
    Yeah, it's such a surprise that most players playing a brand new class are still kinda bad at it. Who would have thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The spell animations really do look kinda silly. Why can't it just be fire instead of whatever sparkly happiness they fire at enemies?

Imo the art direction has overall changed for the worse over the last couple of years in some ways, things look cuter and less menacing than before. Must be the influence of female artists I guess. I prefer the older, heavy metal like style.
    There's really only one spell for the Devastation Evoker I can think of that strikes me as kind of dumb, and that would be Pyre. The animation for lobbing the flame just seems a bit hokey to me, and I think it would be better as a traditional-looking breath weapon type of attack as opposed to a flame lozenge the Evoker sort of spits at the target.

Beyond that, the attacks all look pretty good. There is a lot of color variation, but that's kind of down to the chromatic nature of dragon abilities and the class fantasy of them wielding all five Aspectral energy types. Maybe the healing spec is worse in that department, though; I haven't played it yet and didn't really plan to.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Because
    1) Fire is boring. Two classes already mainly use Fire, who needs a third
    2) The Evoker combines the magical domains of all the Dragonflights, and that magic is color coded, hence it makes absolute sense that spells that are a combination of those domains have multiple colours. They incoporate Red (Fire with a touch of Life Magic) and Blue Magic (Arcane) to destroy enemies while Green (Pure Life magic) and Bronze (Time magic) allow them to heal wounds or turn back time so that the wounds never happened respectively. While the DPS spec isn't particularly unique (lore-wise) since it is basically a combination of Arcane and Fire Mage, the Heal spec is something completely new. Time Magic as a game mechanic is very rare.
    Small thing: The blue specc uses spellfrost damage, and as such is more arcanefrost plus fire.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Beyond that, the attacks all look pretty good. There is a lot of color variation, but that's kind of down to the chromatic nature of dragon abilities and the class fantasy of them wielding all five Aspectral energy types. Maybe the healing spec is worse in that department, though; I haven't played it yet and didn't really plan to.
    Actually, in healer spec - as long as you're not opposed to doing some damage when there's nothing to heal - you use all of the aspects magic all the time. For red it's Living Flame/Fire Breath; for blue it's Disintegrate (which can be used for mana regen); for green it's the Blossom, Dream Breath and others; for bronze it's Echo and all the time-based CDs; and for black it's Deep Breath. Since all of those spells are essential one way or another, you pretty much use all 5 aspects every dungeon run/boss fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    More likely, they’ll simply add Dark Ranger abilities to the Hunter class.

They’re a new caster class. After the glut of new melee we got, it’s a nice change of pace. I think the next class should be physical range.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    More likely, they’ll simply add Dark Ranger abilities to the Hunter class.

They’re a new caster class. After the glut of new melee we got, it’s a nice change of pace. I think the next class should be physical range.
    I still think they could just add a new spec to each existing class as a major expansion feature in the future and get some of the ones that make sense in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Yeah, it's such a surprise that most players playing a brand new class are still kinda bad at it. Who would have thought.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of something happening in a video game. I will from now on only post about the world of warcraft video game with the seriousness and gravity that it deserves.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of something happening in a video game. I will from now on only post about the world of warcraft video game with the seriousness and gravity that it deserves.
    You're in a thread about Evoker being a disaster of a class, so your fun little jokes will be interpreted in a certain fashion. I'm sorry if it surprised you (and if I saw more than there is to it).

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Devastation is an odd spec imo. We got these new mechanics with the empower spells but the main focus of the spec is on Disintegrate which is basically mind flay. The spells dont really seem to have any proper interaction and Azure strike is just plain odd. Deep breath looks decent but has no interaction with anything else in the spec - its basically just a fire and forget spell. It also seems like spell queueing doesnt work sometimes with empowered spells leaving you just standing there for a second or so - its really bad as a dps. The mastery is one of the worst masteries in the game imo. It does the exact opposite of what you want in a raid enviroment.

So we have essence burst which is fine - its basically the only thing that makes any spells interact with eachother - besides that the only interaction is Leaping flames which is in the class tree and one that healers get aswell for a bit more burst aoe damage.

The healer spec has some of the same issues imo with spells not interacting enough - that being said its not as important as a healer and the spells are disctinct enough from other classes and from eachother to feel usefull and unique imo. The healer spec is pretty well made. I'l never play the class unless the dps spec gets a complete over haul tho. What a mess.

And about the movement thats an absurd statement. You have resque, Verdant embrace and hover + lower cd on movement abilities + Zephyr + time spiral if you want it. You also have the ability to jump into a hover which is increased passive movement speed.
    It does require a bit more brain then a DH or monk does, but it does have a shitton of movement.
    One of the talent paths explicitely buffs Deep Breath, allowing your other fire spells to extend the DOT added by Deep Breath. So you can use a Deep Breath to apply the dot, then focus on red abilities to keep the dot rolling, including on a group of adds. I don't know if this is the BEST talent path during prepatch, but it IS available. You can also use Deep Breath to extend Dragon Rage. So Dragon Rage -> Deep Breath -> Fire spells to extend Dot is a nice set of complementary abilities.

I do agree that the spec, overall, feels like there aren't enough spells to go around. I have far fewer keybinds for Devastation than I do for any of my other classes, and I'm not talking about tons of macros, just plain abilities.