7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    jfc do people really think they are misunderstood noble rebels? This is the Forsworn all over again...
    I mean, Blizz literally said that Primalists aren't inherently evil, just following their own believes. So there you have it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Watching Steve answer during the interview, I'm not sure if the pal is deflecting because the writing team doesn't want to acknowledge weakness or if he truly believes their decisions to be the right one. I was always on the fence about this guy but his answers made him look weaker than the material he produced with his team...
    Admitting a mistake wouldnt get them more than brownie points from those who care, it would be actively detrimental to those who want the story to go any direction other than the one we get.

As has been said before on this thread, stating an expansion story is not canon would essentially be the writers conceding defeat and in the process setting a dangerous precedent that whatever they write will be made canon or not at a nebulous point in the future not necessarily because of writing that has happened at that point.

Admitting the writing is bad would just be them building themselves up to a new standard that they cannot possibly bet on living up to, because even if the spirit of the great writers descended upon them and wrote an expansion, they would still be subject to circumstances outside their control, as well as scrutinized by players who hate the given direction.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, Blizz literally said that Primalists aren't inherently evil, just following their own believes. So there you have it.
    "From my Point of View the Titans are evil"

I am sorry I had to do it
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "From my Point of View the Titans are evil"

I am sorry I had to do it
    I mean the entire point of Shadowlands was to literally enlighten people to the understanding that morality is uh a bit more complex than what has already been presented here.

Not saying that people are wrong if they want to keep that perspective though. It's just the Narrative Team clearly wants to indicate that morality is a perception issue than an actual factual standpoint of which you should view the enemies you clobber to death to feel good about yourself.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-11-21 at 05:39 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

They just said they aren't nearly as sympathetic as they initially appear...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They want to wipe out all none elemental life that’s as inherently evil as you can get no matter what blizzard says.

It’s just BFA all over again where they want to pretend committing genocide can be a shade of grey when really it’s as black as you can get.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They want to wipe out all none elemental life that’s as inherently evil as you can get no matter what blizzard says.

It’s just BFA all over again where they want to pretend committing genocide can be a shade of grey when really it’s as black as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They just said they aren't nearly as sympathetic as they initially appear...

Like Huth pointed out,we are going to learn some of the bad things the Primalists have done over the years with the Dragons. Its just a first initial impression and no its not BFA again. The Primalists aren't playable and players aren't gonna have to be forced to see their faction do the bad things and also its plainly obvious people can commit horrible things believing they are in the right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Like Huth pointed out,we are going to learn some of the bad things the Primalists have done over the years with the Dragons. Its just a first initial impression and no its not BFA again. The Primalists aren't playable and players aren't gonna have to be forced to see their faction do the bad things and also its plainly obvious people can commit horrible things believing they are in the right.
    People doing horrible things and thinking they are right isn’t the same thing as blizzard knowing they are doing horrible things as well as writing them as horrible as possible but still pretending it’s a shade of grey like we got with BFA.

As far as the primal’s go blizzard so far has been alot better and only shows them as bad guys which they are and it’s the fans pretending they have a leg to stand on when they don’t.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Do you realize that you can say that about literally every evil organization? It won't make them any less evil.

1+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay trailer! https://youtu.be/dT36HGP5V0Q

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Do you realize that you can say that about literally every evil organization? It won't make them any less evil.
    Okay but its evil from your point of view and not theirs.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

1+ Year Old Account
    New cutscene preview in that gameplay trailer I posted in media

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Okay but its evil from your point of view and not theirs.
    Well, duh. Very few people believe themselves to be evil. The most evil people generally believed themselves to be fully justified in their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Thats the point, its not evil in the sense like say the Void wants to consume literally because thats what it does.

Warrior-Magi

Awesome trailer.
    Any TL;DR of the short story?

5+ Year Old Account
    Raszageth vs Alextrasza cinematic gonna be amazing!
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Awesome trailer.
    Any TL;DR of the short story?
    Still reading it

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Raszageth vs Alextrasza cinematic gonna be amazing!
    I can't wait for it it's gonna be dope

Wrathion had also learned that the kaldorei were preoccupied with a new development. He did not know the nature of the endeavor . . . yet.

The nelves do not attend the wedding and Wrathion says they feel mistreated by the Alliance.