Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If its anything like the drathyr flying i wouldnt want it replacing, because the thing with dratyr soar is if you lose momentium you fall to the ground slowly, for normal flying mounts that would suck

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    If its anything like the drathyr flying i wouldnt want it replacing, because the thing with dratyr soar is if you lose momentium you fall to the ground slowly, for normal flying mounts that would suck
    The only scenario where that happens if you are using it correctly and have all the upgrades is if you are not careful with the dismount ability (which uses half your vigor). It's really nothing like soar, because you can use abilities with no cooldown using a resource that recharges very quickly while you fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    The only scenario where that happens if you are using it correctly and have all the upgrades is if you are not careful with the dismount ability (which uses half your vigor). It's really nothing like soar, because you can use abilities with no cooldown using a resource that recharges very quickly while you fly.
    Hmm i see, well i guess we will have to wait and see thanks for your input since i had no idea how it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I don't think "People who can't use their hands" is really an important audience demographic or one that developers should care about.
    Why not?

Over the years Blizzard put ever more accessibility features into the game. Can't see right? Here enjoy color filters. Can't hear right? Subtitles. Even text to speech (sadly only usable for English text even though it has a German voice pack). You can even get speech to text and text to speech in voice chat but since noone uses ingame voice I haven't tested it. For players who can't use their hands right we have click moving for quite some time already. So Blizzard actually does care about making it easier for people with different disabilities to enjoy their game.

Dragonriding needs a little better mouse control than just point and click. Which is fine since it's new, but there is no justification to disable normal flying since some people, however few they may be, would not be able to fly anymore.

This is what "inclusion" means. Sure it might only benefit a few people, but it is still important to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually I am in beta but thanks.
    You might have access to the beta but you havent tried dragonflying

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You might have access to the beta but you havent tried dragonflying
    Thats the way it always goes on this site "if you don't like what I like you're lying" yeah or you know, they just don't like the same stuff as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    They have been. There is a cloud serpent variant now. At least it was shown on WoW Head.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragonflying is objectively a better version of flying in every single way. This has nothing to do with opinions.
    I hate to break it to you, buty what you said is an OPINION that you tried to state as fact. And no it is not better in every way, imo, because with Dragonriding you are limited in hoew much time you can be ihn the air and have to glide. Normal flying ai can fly anywhere and do whatever I want. Stop trying to project your opinion as fact and talk down to people in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Fine. "better in every way that matters".

Also lol at the whole notion of "afk efficiently". Wow players have such brainworms.
    Whoare you to dicate what matters. To me, normal flying is better in every way that matters because I am not limited by it. What matters is subjective no matter how you try to clam what you think matters as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Currently on beta you can use only one option: dragonriding for new zones, and old style for rest. Not possible to choose other style. Maxing dragorniding ASAP is super important and makes everything better.
    Your opinion not fact. Normal flying will be enabled later in Dragon Isles.So it will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Thats the way it always goes on this site "if you don't like what I like you're lying" yeah or you know, they just don't like the same stuff as you.
    Actually its the complete other way around. The way it always goes on this site is:

People who stopped playing wow and have a love/hate relationship with it keep commenting here to troll people who still find enjoyment with it from time to time.

There is no doubt in my mind that the guy hasnt tried dragonflying because its actually very well made and just a direct upgrade from normal flying.

Actually its the complete other way around. The way it always goes on this site is:

People who stopped playing wow and have a love/hate relationship with it keep commenting here to troll people who still find enjoyment with it from time to time.

There is no doubt in my mind that the guy hasnt tried dragonflying because its actually very well made and just a direct upgrade from normal flying.
    in your opinion it's a direct upgrade, In other people's opinions it is a massive downgrade....

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Whoare you to dicate what matters. To me, normal flying is better in every way that matters because I am not limited by it. What matters is subjective no matter how you try to clam what you think matters as fact.
    Oh, you're just wrong. That happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Except it doesn't? With your mount it flies there at 310% speed. With my dragonriding, I fly there at 910% speed.
    So i'll be getting there almost 3 times faster... So you think fun part is faster? Gratz, you prefer dragonriding.
    But you and everyone else would know this if you had actually tried it... But in 1 months, everyone will love it.
    You heard it here first.
    I have tried it. And I still prefer the original flight. I can stay in place in mid-air without drifting down to the ground. I can also do the same while upside-down. I can also fly in a straight line without having to worry about losing speed or altitude.

If I wanted to play a 'flight simulator' game, I'd go look for a flight simulator game. But I'm not playing WoW for the 'flight simulator'. Traveling from A to B is just that: travel. I'd fly up, aim myself in the general direction I want to go, and hit auto-run, and while flying, I'd chat with the guild, watch a quick video on YT or whatever to pass the time.

I'd rather you didn't make an arse of yourself by claiming everyone who disagrees with you is lying just because they don't agree with your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I have tried it. And I still prefer the original flight. I can stay in place in mid-air without drifting down to the ground. I can also do the same while upside-down. I can also fly in a straight line without having to worry about losing speed or altitude.

If I wanted to play a 'flight simulator' game, I'd go look for a flight simulator game. But I'm not playing WoW for the 'flight simulator'. Traveling from A to B is just that: travel. I'd fly up, aim myself in the general direction I want to go, and hit auto-run, and while flying, I'd chat with the guild, watch a quick video on YT or whatever to pass the time.

I'd rather you didn't make an arse of yourself by claiming everyone who disagrees with you is lying just because they don't agree with your opinion.
    Again, you show me clear evidence that you havent tried it.
    With maxed out system its impossible. You can fly infinitely for hours if you want.
    The argument that you can't stay in midair? ok? Then do you even need to be on a mount? You're not going anywhere.

The last part just show how outdated and bad OG flying is. How often have you found yourself dead at the opposite contient? Nah, hard pass.
    And alt tabbing watching YT videos? Thats good design?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Again, you show me clear evidence that you havent tried it.
    With maxed out system its impossible. You can fly infinitely for hours if you want.
    I never claimed I tested it at max level. I tested it as-is from the get-go. Can you really fly "infinitely for hours" without having to use the special abilities such as soaring upwards or forwards for more momentum?

The argument that you can't stay in midair? ok? Then do you even need to be on a mount? You're not going anywhere.
    Because being on a flying mount hover in mid-air ensures that I won't be killed by stray mobs on the ground if I need to pull away from the computer for whatever reason, such as getting something to eat, or answering the phone, or the doorbell, etc.

The last part just show how outdated and bad OG flying is. How often have you found yourself dead at the opposite contient? Nah, hard pass.
    Once or twice in my entire life playing WoW. Because I keep watch where I'm going on WoW even while I'm watching a video on YT. If you have trouble managing your AFK time, that's not a fault of the system.

And alt tabbing watching YT videos? Thats good design?
    Like I said: I'm not playing WoW because I want to play "flight simulator". I'm playing WoW to do group content with my guild and friends. Travel is just that: travel. Blizzard is doing something to make it more entertaining to people, which is fine, and good on those players who like it. But I, and many others as seen in this thread, do not like it. The idea of removing altogether the original flight mechanic reeks of entitlement and arrogance, forcing one's opinion over others'.

in your opinion it's a direct upgrade, In other people's opinions it is a massive downgrade....

Yeah how tho? I literally havent heard a single person say what their problem with it is. The only people i've heard complain are the obvious trolls: "its not flying its falling". Its just completely obvious that they havent tried it.

Yeah how tho? I literally havent heard a single person say what their problem with it is. The only people i've heard complain are the obvious trolls: "its not flying its falling". Its just completely obvious that they havent tried it.
    You're being incredibly dishonest if you have been in this thread for longer than a single post. Which you have. Just in this page alone there's me explaining my problem with removing the original flight mechanic to make dragonriding baseline.

Dragon riding feels really incredible by making you feel like you are actually flying through the areas they designed and over the terrain.. Old flying feels absolutely awful by comparison to me. These air swimming flying modes feel exceptionally dated and lazy when compared to dragon riding.

I mean in a game with this many flying mounts they can certainly leave some of them as air swimming style for those who want that, but you can also just use flight points to accomplish this too. Given the general reception of dragon riding I'd be shocked if this wasn't carried forward in to mount classes.

- - - Updated - - -

The idea of removing altogether the original flight mechanic reeks of entitlement and arrogance, forcing one's opinion over others'.
    No it's just better game design honestly. You can have flight points for lazy afk flying if you wish.

I am in beta and as time goes on more and more people are going to ask normal flying over dragonriding. The novelty of dragonriding is going to wear off fast and it is nowhere near how Guild Wars does it.

It is a very poor copy from GW and frankly I am not sure why BlizZard is advertising it as a feature of the expansion. By overhypeing dragongriding they are going to fuel the backlash like happened with BFA warfronts and WoD garrisons IMVHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Over 500 mounts would need to be worked on, what about the helicopter mounts and such, mounts with no wings, its a ton of work for very little or no purpose, current system works best, you can choose to be able to fly normally or choose for a faster version of travel, you wanting to take away player choice is a bad thing.
    BlizZard refuses to make more cosmetic glyphs for spells I mean they simply lack the resources and/or will power to do something as simple as this. The idea they will retograde other mounts into dragongriding system is pie in the sky wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I know i won't. I rather just fly to the fun rather then play some lame mini game.
    Worst part of it is that people will praise it the first month but four months later people are going to start to question why they are wasting their time on a mini game when they just want to go from point A to point B.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    1- it does not work like dracthyr soar, its abilites recharge if you go fast, and you do not have "charges" you have an energy bar you can spend on abilities

here is a video, havent watched it but i skimmed it and it seems accurate/good
    2- if you aim down when you lose momentium and fall you can speed back up and get flying again, it works on psyhics, think of a plane, if you go straight up you will stall and lose control, starting to fall slowly(at first) but without control. but if you then turn down you can regain control and start flying again.

- - - Updated - - -

It is more so it is obvious when people say they have, but actually havent, when they say stuff like "Soar has a 5 minute cooldown" and "You only get 3 energy and it is garbage" etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Once or twice in my entire life playing WoW. Because I keep watch where I'm going on WoW even while I'm watching a video on YT. If you have trouble managing your AFK time, that's not a fault of the system.
    Why are you going AFK while flying?
    Why do you need to go afk?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I wonder if the people who dislike dragonriding for one reason or another would use it if they could hover in air. Essentially stall themselves if they’re close enough to the ground—to avoid combat but still be around that area without needing to switch flying styles.

That said, to me it’s almost better if every mount had a toggle between the two - an on the fly switch. One to go fast and get to places you want with active gameplay - switch back to normal flying for hanging out or messing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I mean in a game with this many flying mounts they can certainly leave some of them as air swimming style for those who want that, but you can also just use flight points to accomplish this too. Given the general reception of dragon riding I'd be shocked if this wasn't carried forward in to mount classes.
    Nah. Dragonriding should stay with just select mounts. Not to mention it doesn't make any sense to give the dragonriding mechanics to mounts such as the Archmage's Prismatic Disk, or the Love Rocket, or Ban-Lu... in short, mounts that don't rely on wings to fly, usually doing so through magic/technology alone.

No it's just better game design honestly.
    In your opinion. In my opinion, it's not. Because it lacks what I consider to be the best parts of the original flying mechanic that I appreciate a lot.

You can have flight points for lazy afk flying if you wish.
    Nah, I'd rather keep the default flight mechanic so I can head to where I want without having to play a game I don't enjoy. Like back in MoP where I was forced to partake in a game I didn't enjoy (PvP) to get an item required (the legendary cloak questline) for the game I do enjoy (PvE).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I am in beta and as time goes on more and more people are going to ask normal flying over dragonriding. The novelty of dragonriding is going to wear off fast and it is nowhere near how Guild Wars does it.

It is a very poor copy from GW and frankly I am not sure why BlizZard is advertising it as a feature of the expansion. By overhypeing dragongriding they are going to fuel the backlash like happened with BFA warfronts and WoD garrisons IMVHO.
    I don't doubt that Blizzard could very well make dragonriding remain even after the Dragonflight expansion is over, and that would be fine with me, as there are those who do enjoy the feature and likely would continue to like it in the future.

My beef is with this arrogant claim that this feature should replace the basic flying feature and completely remove it from the game. That I'm not okay with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why are you going AFK while flying?
    Why do you need to go afk?
    Why do you ask questions answered in the exact same post you took that quote from?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-11-22 at 01:35 AM.