I agree with Trump on all of this.

First yes, went to beg for subsidies. Once more the billionaire who questions paying too much in tax and where his money goes wants government money. It's not a job creator when your company needs to be propped up by tax dollars.

Next, can knock his cars, but too easy. Well, it seems that Tesla really is not on top of quality control at the least.

SpaceX subsidies. Yes

The carbon tax credit kept Tesla afloat and to this day the only time it has been profitable. So correct.

Well, Elon really is on his knees on twtter for him to come back. So Trump is correct.

Trump is a brilliant man. All I have to say.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm not sure if Trump manged to write this without a handler, but if so, then it's kinda a statment in itself that a demented dunce like Trump can even see it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

First yes, went to beg for subsidies. Once more the billionaire who questions paying too much in tax and where his money goes wants government money. It's not a job creator when your company needs to be propped up by tax dollars.

Next, can knock his cars, but too easy. Well, it seems that Tesla really is not on top of quality control at the least.

SpaceX subsidies. Yes

The carbon tax credit kept Tesla afloat and to this day the only time it has been profitable. So correct.

Well, Elon really is on his knees on twtter for him to come back. So Trump is correct.

Well the carbon tax is no longer the only reason tesla is profitable. so Trump Wrong.

those regulatory credits are also 99% of the time analyzed incorrectly since they do not have 100% profit on them but most reports, report them as such. they report the revenue generated as full profit. That is not the case. they must produce vehicles to get the credit. Thus they do not have 100% profit on these credits.

https://stockdividendscreener.com/au...edits-revenue/

- - - Updated - - -

SpaceX subsidies. Yes

Also, it is funny talking about SpaceX and subsidies when trump wants a trillion-dollar tax subsidized plan to go to Mars if he is reelected.

So smart that he does not even know if he is against or for subsidized businesses?

Imagine reading his post and not even double checking his statement before agreeing on it
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Roflmao, remember when Elon said twitter wouldn't turn into the wild west

Is there anything in this besides saying Musk made a terrible investment, and paid way more than what Twitter was truly worth?

I haven't noticed too much lasting difference. The platform still works. I can follow journalists as they tweet links to interesting articles. The opinions from average users always tilted towards extremes and isn't expected to change. Has Twitter even lost daily or weekly users through this transition?
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The platform still works.
    And that is how you know this person doesn't know much when it comes to sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Is there anything in this besides saying Musk made a terrible investment, and paid way more than what Twitter was truly worth?

I haven't noticed too much lasting difference. The platform still works. I can follow journalists as they tweet links to interesting articles. The opinions from average users always tilted towards extremes and isn't expected to change. Has Twitter even lost daily or weekly users through this transition?
    remove the oil drain plug on your car
    it will run fine for 20-60 mins
    does that mean you don't need to waste gas carrying around the added weight of that supposedly useless oil?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Twitter wasnt going anywhere as is. He impulsively bought a failing company
    Twitter was balanced on a knife's edge, but the owners were keeping it running and even earning a profit some years. Musk being a dangerous brand to put your advertising on is what pushed it off the edge of that knife.

But if you think "Pulling a profit every single year" is the only metric for success, I feel sorry for you as well. Twitter is insanely popular in most developed nations of the world. At least, it was.

The only thing killing it now is Musk, pure and simple.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...musks-shakeup/

And there goes Twitter's French operations.
    "Twitter did not respond to requests for comments". No shit, probably because there's no one left to manage the inbox...

Anyways, with how stringent Europe's online rules are, operating there is gonna be essentially impossible. GDPR compliance is a must, and it's doubtful Twitter will be able to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "Twitter did not respond to requests for comments". No shit, probably because there's no one left to manage the inbox...

Anyways, with how stringent Europe's online rules are, operating there is gonna be essentially impossible. GDPR compliance is a must, and it's doubtful Twitter will be able to keep up.
    Twitter needs EU & the rest of world. Can't survive on US users only. Data from Q2 2022.

Twitter has around 450 million monthly active users as of 2022.
    Twitter has 237.8 million monetizable daily active users (mDAU) as of Q2 2022.
    Twitter has 41.5 million monetizable daily active users in the United States.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no name attached with this, so take it with a tiny grain of salt, but it sounds legit:

Musk will continue to blame "Activists" while his Twitter is unsafe for brands along with just not having anyone to contact in regards to keeping ads going.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Twitter needs EU & the rest of world. Can't survive on US users only. Data from Q2 2022.
    Twitter stayed away from those markets because they have a hard time with the regulations, it's doubtful they can now with the severely atrophied staff.

I mean... I think a dead Twitter is a better Twitter and I would have said that before Elon but now I actively hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Twitter stayed away from those markets because they have a hard time with the regulations, it's doubtful they can now with the severely atrophied staff.
    Musk may not want to deal with EU. However, if he wants Twitter to be profitable, he needs EU.

Twitter 2021 revenue was $5b. Of which, US was $2.8b and the rest of the world $2.2b.

To illustrate the importance of EU, Facebook is the largest and most profitable social media company in the world with a revenue of $117.92b in 2021. Here is a breakdown of their revenue by regions.

US & Canada - $51.5b
    EU - $29b
    Asia-Pacific - $26.7b
    Rest of the world - $10.5b

In fact, in the last 2 years, Facebook EU and Asia-Pacific revenues have been growing faster than North America. Also, Musk needs India also. It is the second biggest market in the world after China. All Twitter’s Indian employees have been laid off. There is a big stink there. Because, unlike their US counterparts, Twitter Indian employees are not getting 3 months' severance.

Musk antics have increased Twitter's mDAU as per his claim. However, he never said anything about revenue per mDAU. Likely it is way down.

- - - Updated - - -

Additional notes on Robin Wheeler, Twitter Ad exec, firing.

Elon Musk fired Twitter's head of sales after she refused to sack more employees. He had previously begged her not to resign.

Long story short. She resigned when Musk took over. Musk begged her not to resign. She unresigned. She refused to cut the headcount of Twitter's ad sales team that was already depleted. He fired her.

Additional notes on Robin Wheeler, Twitter Ad exec, firing.

Elon Musk fired Twitter's head of sales after she refused to sack more employees. He had previously begged her not to resign.

Long story short. She resigned when Musk took over. Musk begged her not to resign. She unresigned. She refused to cut the headcount of Twitter's ad sales team that was already depleted. He fired her.
    Oh boy, I'm sure that'll be comforting to the remaining companies buying ads who are trying to find out who the fuck their current account manager even is anymore as all their emails just get bouncebacks.

If I didn't know better I'd think Elon is intentionally trying to tank the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh boy, I'm sure that'll be comforting to the remaining companies buying ads who are trying to find out who the fuck their current account manager even is anymore as all their emails just get bouncebacks.

If I didn't know better I'd think Elon is intentionally trying to tank the company.
    Before she became Twitter Ad head exec, she brought in Coca-Cola, Microsoft and Google. That was why she was promoted. So, she knows what she is doing.

Before she became Twitter Ad head exec, she brought in Coca-Cola, Microsoft and Google. That was why she was promoted. So, she knows what she is doing.
    God damn, a well deserved promotion (or series of them), and I doubt she's going to have much difficulty finding gainful employment given her apparent talents. Elon's loss is another companies gain, companies do remember good people they've worked with and often look for opportunities to work with them again.

Musk may not want to deal with EU. However, if he wants Twitter to be profitable, he needs EU.

Twitter 2021 revenue was $5b. Of which, US was $2.8b and the rest of the world $2.2b.

To illustrate the importance of EU, Facebook is the largest and most profitable social media company in the world with a revenue of $117.92b in 2021. Here is a breakdown of their revenue by regions.

US & Canada - $51.5b
    EU - $29b
    Asia-Pacific - $26.7b
    Rest of the world - $10.5b

In fact, in the last 2 years, Facebook EU and Asia-Pacific revenues have been growing faster than North America. Also, Musk needs India also. It is the second biggest market in the world after China. All Twitter’s Indian employees have been laid off. There is a big stink there. Because, unlike their US counterparts, Twitter Indian employees are not getting 3 months' severance.

Musk antics have increased Twitter's mDAU as per his claim. However, he never said anything about revenue per mDAU. Likely it is way down.
    Twitter US is on life support expansions at this point are not imaginable unless he does a 180 and starts hiring like crazy. The stuff going with twitter in the US would have gotten him shut down in the EU and other regions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Twitter US is on life support expansions at this point are not imaginable unless he does a 180 and starts hiring like crazy. The stuff going with twitter in the US would have gotten him shut down in the EU and other regions.
    not sure he COULD hire like crazy

no one capable is going to willfully step into that shitshow

and as how he did his now ex- head of ads. Anyone considering coming in thinking they'll be given a goal and the latitude to do it just got shown that wont be the case.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.