Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    No, you are not reading it correct. Naxx sucks because it's NOT a faceroll like MC was.
    Naxx is just as faceroll as MC was. How can you not be trolling at this point? It's like, how long are we going to draw this out. Your whole philosophy on life is like "it doesn't matter how easy it is, it's too fucking hard". Give up the game mate, you've been trolling all along.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Out of curiosity, how would you feel if the raid were redesigned in a way where bosses did no damage, like literally zero, they can't hurt you. You would just come with a bunch of dps, nuke the boss for a few seconds, and get the loot. How would you feel about that ?
    I think what's fun with raiding is to do things in a large group of people. I prefer shooters like Battlefield with like 64 v 64 over Counter-Strike with 5v5, large numbers make it cool and fun, but challenge is irrelevant. A game in Battlefield where you roll the enemies is far more fun than an even game where you win with like 1 guy margin. I like easy games more than challenges. From the first time I wiped 15+ years ago I hated it, and I hate dying.

Some people need challenges to enjoy things, I don't. There are many other easy games I play, but WoW could be the perfect game and it WAS for a few months, basically from Classic launch in 2019 to the release of AQ40, that period was the best time I had in my life. Chill 40mans without wipes = peak of gaming for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Naxx is just as faceroll as MC was. How can you not be trolling at this point? It's like, how long are we going to draw this out. Your whole philosophy on life is like "it doesn't matter how easy it is, it's too fucking hard". Give up the game mate, you've been trolling all along.
    I am dead serious, I never troll. And I HAD dropped this thread, someone bumped it after months of inactivity, I didn't restart this thread, but people started saying "this didn't age well" BUT exactly EVERYTHING I predicted with this thread actually happened.

I predicted wipes and wipes and wipes, and I've had 10 times more wipes than kills in Naxx. I predicted hours every day searching raid, and here I am, still searching raids almost every day without success. I predicted elitistic people demanding achievements and gearscore etc, and voila, they are doing it.

And like I said from the very beginning, I WISHED my predictions would be wrong, but sadly, I was correct in everything

Obviously not everyone had my experience, but I had exactly what I feared I would have, and I'm sure a lot of other people have too, cause in my wipe raids, there are obviously other people who experience the very same thing, but they are not as active on forums etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Wow our guild runs 2 25 mans and we are always a spot or two short due to peoples RL stuff. We grab any guildie or run 23 or 24. Most of us already are decked out and just looking for the last few BiS pieces. When they show up they are showered in gear. May not be BiS but certainly better than what they had. I find guild raiding is the fastest way to gear up, not PUGs
    I never seen any guild recruit people for social spots like that on my realm, people compete for spots and at this point, ANY guild that can clear Naxx25 smoothly are not recruiting people in my situation. I have gray/green logs and less than 3k GS, what chance do you think I have to even get a social spot? Why would they take me over a more veteran social with 4k gs? So it's pointless to even try finding a guild as a social and to get a spot weekly AND also have chance at some gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I laugh every time I see this thread in recent posts
    Well, this is why this is the worst community of all time. Worse than LoL, worse than any I've seen. NOT ONE person here has offered to help me out. Look, I get people think I'm whiny and annoying, but not one person even offer to lend a hand, to prove to me that I am wrong, to prove there is hope for this game, to prove the raid is as easy as people claim. People rather be sarcastic and toxic and elitistic than help people like me, who are stuck and depressed about it. Why help when you can laugh, right?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what's fun with raiding is to do things in a large group of people. I prefer shooters like Battlefield with like 64 v 64 over Counter-Strike with 5v5, large numbers make it cool and fun, but challenge is irrelevant. A game in Battlefield where you roll the enemies is far more fun than an even game where you win with like 1 guy margin. I like easy games more than challenges. From the first time I wiped 15+ years ago I hated it, and I hate dying.

Some people need challenges to enjoy things, I don't. There are many other easy games I play, but WoW could be the perfect game and it WAS for a few months, basically from Classic launch in 2019 to the release of AQ40, that period was the best time I had in my life. Chill 40mans without wipes = peak of gaming for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I am dead serious, I never troll. And I HAD dropped this thread, someone bumped it after months of inactivity, I didn't restart this thread, but people started saying "this didn't age well" BUT exactly EVERYTHING I predicted with this thread actually happened.

I predicted wipes and wipes and wipes, and I've had 10 times more wipes than kills in Naxx. I predicted hours every day searching raid, and here I am, still searching raids almost every day without success. I predicted elitistic people demanding achievements and gearscore etc, and voila, they are doing it.

And like I said from the very beginning, I WISHED my predictions would be wrong, but sadly, I was correct in everything

Obviously not everyone had my experience, but I had exactly what I feared I would have, and I'm sure a lot of other people have too, cause in my wipe raids, there are obviously other people who experience the very same thing, but they are not as active on forums etc.
    The common denominator here seems to be you.

You join guilds and raid but never get any loot - this is ridiculous, most raid groups don't even need 75% of the gear from Naxx anymore so you'd be showered with drops.

You wipe more than kill bosses in Naxx - this is ridiculous, you can clear Naxx with 8 people in blues. We regularly bring fresh 80s into Naxx and gear them up because otherwise the gear just gets sharded. Naxx10 Noth is literally easier than some 5-man bosses.

Honestly, you're such a ridiculous outlier with these claims that I can only imagine people don't give you loot because they hate playing with you and want to make you go away. Maybe you should consider the possibility that the real reason the game isn't fun to you is because you're a fun vampire and you bring everyone down around you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Classic Classic offered what it was, nothing less. If dispelling a debuff is too hard for you, then idk ... go run a rift in Immortal or something, that seems to be your level of skill.
    The game is WotLK Classic and not Battlebeard's Classic and the 30% buff is not even offsetting the player power increase over the patches, meaning it's still easier than it was back in 2008.
    Ulduar is going to hit you like a shovel, if finding the entrance is not too hard for you.
    I have 0 hope of killing a single Ulduar boss in Phase 2, in fact, I don't think I will kill a single new raidboss for the rest of the expansion in it's current phase.

I'm broke too, but ingame and irl so buying boost is not something I can do now either :/
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is why this is the worst community of all time. Worse than LoL, worse than any I've seen. NOT ONE person here has offered to help me out. Look, I get people think I'm whiny and annoying, but not one person even offer to lend a hand, to prove to me that I am wrong, to prove there is hope for this game, to prove the raid is as easy as people claim. People rather be sarcastic and toxic and elitistic than help people like me, who are stuck and depressed about it. Why help when you can laugh, right?
    No one wants to help you because no one wants to have any kind of interaction with you in the game. You're stuck because people don't want to play with you, not because of anything to do with the game. Fix your attitude to fix your experience.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The common denominator here seems to be you.

You join guilds and raid but never get any loot - this is ridiculous, most raid groups don't even need 75% of the gear from Naxx anymore so you'd be showered with drops.

You wipe more than kill bosses in Naxx - this is ridiculous, you can clear Naxx with 8 people in blues. We regularly bring fresh 80s into Naxx and gear them up because otherwise the gear just gets sharded. Naxx10 Noth is literally easier than some 5-man bosses.

Honestly, you're such a ridiculous outlier with these claims that I can only imagine people don't give you loot because they hate playing with you and want to make you go away. Maybe you should consider the possibility that the real reason the game isn't fun to you is because you're a fun vampire and you bring everyone down around you.
    Ok, show me a guild on Firemaw that don't need 75% loot and I apply to them. But tell me, why would they suddenly bring me to raids and gear me? A new social who don't know anyone in the guild who cannot contribute at all.

Basically what you ask me to do is "Hi can you guild boost me for free please thanks"... who would ever take me up on that offer? Would you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    No one wants to help you because no one wants to have any kind of interaction with you in the game. You're stuck because people don't want to play with you, not because of anything to do with the game. Fix your attitude to fix your experience.
    So what should I do, you tell me?

Can you even imagine what it does to someone to get declined for HOURS every day, begging people like a pathetic peasant, yet still get denied and ignored by most.

What should I possibly do to get invited? Tell jokes? Sing for them?

I think what's fun with raiding is to do things in a large group of people. I prefer shooters like Battlefield with like 64 v 64 over Counter-Strike with 5v5, large numbers make it cool and fun, but challenge is irrelevant. A game in Battlefield where you roll the enemies is far more fun for me than an even game where you win with like 1 guy margin. I like easy games more than challenges. From the first time I wiped 15+ years ago I hated it, and I hate dying.

Some people need challenges to enjoy things, I don't. There are many other easy games I play, but WoW could be the perfect game for me and it WAS for a few months, basically from Classic launch in 2019 to the release of AQ40, that period was the best time I had in my life. Chill 40mans without wipes = peak of gaming for me.
    I took the liberty to fix some mistakes you made in your answer, you'll see them in bold.

And what about answering my question instead of changing the topic : how would you feel about a raid where boss would literally do zero damage ? Where you would have absolutely no way of dying ?

So what should I do, you tell me?

Can you even imagine what it does to someone to get declined for HOURS every day, begging people like a pathetic peasant, yet still get denied and ignored by most.

What should I possibly do to get invited? Tell jokes? Sing for them?
    It's pretty obvious : just do what everyone else is doing, since you seems to be the only one in this situation.
    MMO Champs :

You were wrong all along. Naxx is objectively easier than it was in 2008. Also, lots of guilds walked in there and 1shot every boss. We killed KT on 25man in the first week with a semi-guild run of 22 players including some pugs. Why? Because the Gehennas queues meant half the guild couldn't get online in time to raid, and only 22 because we started so late after waiting that some players had to go before we got to KT

We still one-shot KT. Naxx would have needed to be buffed probably a further 30% to be at the difficulty level it was in 2008. You were scared it was going to be harder than intended, it ended up easier than intended and it was still too hard for you? I'll be honest I find your whole view pathetic, I wish you were a troll because this is just too much.

I still think in the end, you must be trolling. Nobody is this much of a flannel.

Maybe instead of begging for boosts, just fix your rogues gear.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2022-11-21 at 08:12 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I got invited to a pug 25 Naxx. Was a chill time, no bullshit loot rules, and I enjoyed the vibe of the guild that was hosting it.

Raid Lead / GM asked if I wanted to join since they needed a full time Enh Shaman, I said sure, and yeah. Looking forward to moving ahead in 25mans when P2 starts and maybe getting a Plagued Proto before P1 ends.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You were wrong all along. Naxx is objectively easier than it was in 2008. Also, lots of guilds walked in there and 1shot every boss. We killed KT on 25man in the first week with a semi-guild run of 22 players including some pugs. Why? Because the Gehennas queues meant half the guild couldn't get online in time to raid, and only 22 because we started so late after waiting that some players had to go before we got to KT

We still one-shot KT. Naxx would have needed to be buffed probably a further 30% to be at the difficulty level it was in 2008. You were scared it was going to be harder than intended, it ended up easier than intended and it was still too hard for you? I'll be honest I find your whole view pathetic, I wish you were a troll because this is just too much.

I still think in the end, you must be trolling. Nobody is this much of a flannel.

Maybe instead of begging for boosts, just fix your rogues gear.
    Ah, how awesome. Your Battlebeard-thread-is-this-trolling-or-reality virginity has been broken. Welcome to the game. Is Battlebeard trolling or is he being truthful? Noone knows. And the best part? Not even Battlebeard himself knows.

You're talking to a man who argues playing the game 8h+/day on a daily basis makes him a "casual" because he doesn't tackle "hardcore" content. Try to make sense of it, you will not. Like another poster said, Battlebeard threads are to be bookmarked so when you get a shitty day at work, you can catch-up on some pages of Battlebeard wisdom and make your day great again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... so he actually admits that he needs guilds to boost him because he is just that bad?

We have come full circle and then some.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just confused how AQ40 and Naxx in WoTLK broke him? BWL is of similar difficulty to Naxxaramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    the real difficulty in Naxx 25 is getting 2 SPriests
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    any priest should do, discs can just use the glyph for hit

Wait that naxx i did once before i quit wotlk was buffed? It was a complete joke >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You only need 1 tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Battlebeard I dont know if I should laugh or cry at this point. Why do you even bother? Maybe look in to Everlook or something. The game can't get any easier. Bosses die in just a few minutes, you can bring way fewer people than the raid allows and still clear it with ease. You are wrong here mate. Everyone in this thread is telling you the same thing and you refuse to soak it up and accept it. People like the play a game. If you dont like playing games maybe join a book club or watch a movie. This just does not seem to be for you anymore. If your life does not allow you to play the game like you want then stop trying to bend the world around you. If this game is so important to you that you keep making these threads over and over for literal years then maybe try to get a job that allows you to play like you want? I'm tell you mate. The game is as easy as it has ever been. You are wrong, everyone else is right. Maybe the game is just not for you anymore. That happens. Move on.

I do not have a guild, heck classic is not even my main game. Yet, I have done everyting there is to do in classic wotlk phase 1 since the first week of the expansion. Only through pugs with no gold spent. You can literally play this game with 1 hand and do just fine. I do not understand how you could make it any easier. Go watch a movie or something. You cant lose there. Or maybe you can find a way to do so by falling out of the chair or spilling your snax or something. Literally the entire forum is telling you that the game is easier than they expected. Yet you are over here yelling in to the void. Do some self-reflecting and maybe pick up a new hobby. I wish I could still spend as much time snowboarding as I once did. I had to let that go to pursue other goals. Thats life.

If you only had the determination for the game that you have to keep coming back to this post you would be full BiS by now. Many hugs to you.
    Last edited by Ilookfly; 2022-11-22 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of help do you want? Are you looking to join a guild through MMOChampion? People here are offering you advice, no one is laughing at you, you just refuse to listen to what is being said.
    Pugging sucks. It is remorseless and pitiless. Even if the boss is just a giant target dummy, you are still going to die if the other 9/24 people suck. And they will suck, because by its very nature, a pug is just a group of people that never met before, that never care about each other, and that more often than not cannot deliver in the content.

I know because I was you some years ago, more precisely, during Blackrock Furnace. I have vile memories of that place, but I have come to realise that it was because I put myself through the agony of pugging endlessly every day. I just pugged all day long, ready to go in front of the raid entrance. You want to know what happened? I never killed Blackhand on heroic, I never got my BiS, and I was just losing a horrible amount of time.

WoW has become a good game for me after joining a casual raiding guild + a dedicated M+ group. I am not the best player in the world, but I can easily clear heroic on retail and I got all +20 mythics, just because I met four like-minded individuals and we learned together. You know how many +20s I got in time throughout Shadowlands with a pure pug group? One. ONE. And I was just there to try out the place, so I was fine with failing the time.

You play for 6-8 (?) hours daily, and this is the result you will bring home - one successful run. One a month, maybe, but that is so not worth it. You are wasting your time, because you want pugging to be what it cannot be. You are putting yourself through a personal hell of indifferent people that will wipe your raid and then forget about you when it eventually disbands.

I have been through what you are describing, and frankly, I cannot think of a worse way to play the game. I know, I was there. Just frustration to no end.

You have three options.
    1. Join an organized guild, get in their runs when you have time. If you are a good player you will get recognised, and loot will be given to you. The mistakes that make you wipe in pugs will gradually be eliminated as people become better players. You can keep pugging on the side, but you will soon realise you have something better on your hands.

2. Stay guildless and tackle appropriate content, that is, LFR and low-end M+. You can run old raids, collect transmo/achievements. You said you don't want challenges, so I don't see why this solution wouldn't be adequate.

3. Keep complaining, do nothing different, and waste your time. Your situation will not change. Not sure why you would want to do this.

You could also quit WoW, but I see you're determined to play and I am not here to tell anyone off. You can play the game however you want, there is no "wrong" way. There is, however, an extremely unefficient way to play, which is your way right now - running content under conditions that make it extremely unlikely you will succeed, and then getting surprised that you didn't succeed.

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/gear-p...rNoRAKzaEgCpFA

This is my gear, it's not good, try getting a raid with this gear + no achiv, it's a nightmare...
    Just an advice : you should never have a slow OH in Combat Spec. Just buy the one from Wyrmrest Accord if you can't drop an ilvl 200 one.
    It matters cause people are elitistic cause of the buff, the only raids that are NOT elitistic are the raids I can find, and they are quite bad.

If the raid was easier, less elitists, more invites!
    Actually that's, counter-intuitively, the opposite. People are more "elitists" because the raid is so easy they can just slap a GS check and be done with it. You didn't see people asking for GS in TBC, ever wonder why ?
    My life doesn't allow me to raid the same day a week two weeks in a row, I work very, very irregular hours. Guildraiding is absolutely impossible.
    Just tell your guild that you have very irregular hours and might not be able to raid with them every week ?
    You clearly aren't going to join a hardcore guild, any social/casual guild won't raise a stink with these terms, they ARE FOR people like you.
    No way, I've tried Naxx10 with a group of new dinged, blue/green geared, we couldn't do a single boss.
    Sorry, but that's just being terribad. Some bosses can and will cause problems for newly-dinged players (Patchwerk requires some baseline health, Faerlina can OS you when she enrages...) but Anub or Noth are just extremely easy to kill with minimal discipline, Razu in r10 has absolutely no gear limit, Gothik is pathetic if you bother to use both rooms (and he's so pathetic that most people only use one in fact), etc.
    Yeah, if your raid is AFK you'll die. That's a game, people need to watch the screen, that's not a big requirement.
    Last edited by Akka; 2022-11-22 at 09:36 AM.

I see the battlebeard saga got a new sequel.

And instead of admitting he is wrong he is just gaslighting everyone (again) into thinking his predictions were correct when people roll through naxx in questing greens and blues on fresh 80s without even a full group.

Though to be fair, despite claiming he is never trolling I m pretty sure he is. He is claiming here to be broke both in game and irl which a couple months back he was lecturing people about how microtransactions for power are not wrong or predatory and only people without money complain and that he is a successful business owner or whatever and has a lot of money.

Dunno chief.... something aint adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I'm one of those people who hasn't played since Siege of Orgrimmar, I came back for Wotlk specific and honestly I'm truly shocked by how utterly faceroll T7 is, my shock got even worse when I found out it was actually buffed.

I remember clearing Naxx, even a few months into the expansion to be a 4 hour something undertaking back in the day.

This really puts for me into perspective how much gaming and gamers in general have evolved in a decade, and how much more challenging modern game design needs to be.

Tho I also wonder how much of a difference better PCs and internet connections add to this equation.
    No, it just means you were very new or very bad at the game back then.
    I've always been in a rather casual guild (couldn't go beyond Teron in BT at the time). Even us found Naxx to be disappointingly easy.

People don't really play better these days, the main difference comes from the massive knowledge that has been accumulated and is much more widely-spread. People don't react faster, they aren't more taking initiative, they aren't better strategists. They just mindlessly follow a better script, use more add-ons and feel obligated to check more "BiS/pre-raid BiS list" than before.