Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I disagree on that. Asmongold moved so many people from WoW to FF - that the management at Blizzard had to take him serious. This is the new marketing type. Buisness models are created everyday around this concept.
    A general discontent in the WoW community is necessary for this to be possible. Asmongold didn't move players who were fully happy with WoW and had no interest in an alternative. Banning these streamers is just censorship - why is that something YOU want? To feel better about your choice of forevergame?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    A general discontent in the WoW community is necessary for this to be possible. Asmongold didn't move players who were fully happy with WoW and had no interest in an alternative. Banning these streamers is just censorship - why is that something YOU want? To feel better about your choice of forevergame?
    Disagreed.

FF isn't objectively a better game compared to WoW(in fact - it shouldn't be compared). Asmongold could move them to Tetris as well if he wanted to do so. I'm just mentioning the influence.

Well - let's not ban Infowars then? How about that? It's the same thing - both are streamers, gaining profit and power on behalf of others.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-11-22 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also we are not god, again I said this to you earlier, we are not as powerful as god, 40ish of us are as powerful as a newly born tortured and weakened god, that does not mean 1 of us are strong as a god.
    Hey man, I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is this: we have killed countless dragons, including Malygos. Now the players have traveled to different planets, kills gods, saved all of reality, in multiple points in time. How are the dragons supposed to help people now? After everything, we still need help from dragons? They should look like house cats compared to us now. We literally have killed the titans that made them.

But all that aside, it's w/e. People can debate power levels all day. What I'm really curious is what do you like about the story now? Is there anything in particular or just the general energy that you like?
    Personally, I like the dragon aspects. I'm just irritated that the dynamic between the player and every other lore character stays the same after countless decades. Nothing seems to change to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Hey man, I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is this: we have killed countless dragons, including Malygos. Now the players have traveled to different planets, kills gods, saved all of reality, in multiple points in time. How are the dragons supposed to help people now? After everything, we still need help from dragons? They should look like house cats compared to us now. We literally have killed the titans that made them.

But all that aside, it's w/e. People can debate power levels all day. What I'm really curious is what do you like about the story now? Is there anything in particular or just the general energy that you like?
    Personally, I like the dragon aspects. I'm just irritated that the dynamic between the player and every other lore character stays the same after countless decades. Nothing seems to change to me.
    We killed malygos with an army of not just us, but alexstraza's dragons help.

we have killed god again with an army, not just a single person.

that is why they ask for our help, we are not 1 person who killed a god, we are one of the many who worked together to kill a god.

yes we need help from a dragon, cause we have lost our powers, azeroth has seperated from us, our artifacts drained, the world is healing, but at the cost of most ofo ur power, most of our power was from azeroth.

in legion an army of us using our most powerful artifacts killed a weakened child god.
    but we had to purge all the power from said artifacts in order to keep the world alive.
    in BFA we had the power of the world itself, and needed it to destroy an old god who was victorious.
    and in shadowlands we used all the power of the shaodwlands combined, and with the help of our very planet this god was attacking, in order to lsay him.

we as adventurers are powerful, although one alone is not able to kill a god, tons of us with items or powers to obscenly buff ourselves were able.

we are not as strong as we were at the end of legion ,or bfa, or even the shadowlands.

i like the story because it is interesting, it is intriguing, the stories and charecters are fun, and with dragonflight we are finally returning to being the adventuerrs we are, no big "item gifted by the gods themselves to make you all powerful"

We are strong, but after 3 expansions we finally do not have the power of the gods to buff us.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We killed malygos with an army of not just us, but alexstraza's dragons help.

we have killed god again with an army, not just a single person.

that is why they ask for our help, we are not 1 person who killed a god, we are one of the many who worked together to kill a god.

yes we need help from a dragon, cause we have lost our powers, azeroth has seperated from us, our artifacts drained, the world is healing, but at the cost of most ofo ur power, most of our power was from azeroth.

in legion an army of us using our most powerful artifacts killed a weakened child god.
    but we had to purge all the power from said artifacts in order to keep the world alive.
    in BFA we had the power of the world itself, and needed it to destroy an old god who was victorious.
    and in shadowlands we used all the power of the shaodwlands combined, and with the help of our very planet this god was attacking, in order to lsay him.

we as adventurers are powerful, although one alone is not able to kill a god, tons of us with items or powers to obscenly buff ourselves were able.

we are not as strong as we were at the end of legion ,or bfa, or even the shadowlands.

i like the story because it is interesting, it is intriguing, the stories and charecters are fun, and with dragonflight we are finally returning to being the adventuerrs we are, no big "item gifted by the gods themselves to make you all powerful"

We are strong, but after 3 expansions we finally do not have the power of the gods to buff us.
    Alright that makes sense. So yeah, this time people don't have a super buff so that could be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Like im wondering why DF videos got so many dislikes,i see nothing wrong with the upcoming expansion.Just curious what the f... is wrong with people being obsessed on hating wow non stop? unsub and leave,why is it that hard ? im not blizzard fanboy,but i cant stand this community,i swear to god.

Blizzard definately did lots of bad stuff in the past and i get it,but some of the community folks are the worst psychos ive ever seen,ex girlfriend syndrome.
    If you're using the Return Youtube Dislikes addon, there's plenty of evidence that the numbers are inflated by 5x compared to the real numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But did it really ? Since I see plenty of thats it im done with Wow forever im moving to FF crowd playing Wow right now.
    No idea, when I asked the admins to delete my main account here last year, it sure was the consensus. Haven't touched any forum in 12 months, so it miight have changed. Also....addiction is strong...and I lapsed and created a new account - just to see that not much has changed in the "valuable criticism of the game by the playerbase to which Blizzard never listens"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    People have wanted anexpansion just like DF...... really ......I don't want it, that's why I won't be buying it, I haven't even got the blizzard app on my pc anymore, and what do you mean alt friendly ? Theg have made it so anyone that's casual won't be progressing gear wise at all and trying to gear up acts will take forever. It's a shit xpac like the last one and they have even somehow managed to ruin old content again and made a lot of it non soloable.
    Yeah, i agree. Ion made it clear he doesn't want casuals so this will be the point where i stop buying the expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    If you're using the Return Youtube Dislikes addon, there's plenty of evidence that the numbers are inflated by 5x compared to the real numbers.
    Most youtubers that have compared it with their actual numbers say that it's quite close to those. May depend on the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be a mix of things maybe its a lot of hate watchers/players? Then again I no longer play or support Blizzard games either and I don't go around disliking their videos.

At the same time I also think maybe with everything that goes on around Blizzard, like literally there's a new scandal every week involving Blizzard, I am proud I no longer play their games. Its hard to enjoy material of a company that is constantly so evil. Which sucks on the devs who no doubt are trying their hardest to just do their job and show their own passion with the men up stairs ruining it for them.

But as far as liking and disliking their videos goes, I am just off playing shit I like, why put all my energy into disliking videos of games I no longer care that much about? I do not know why so many people stick around when they hate the game so much. I think to a lot of people Wow is basically a drug to them its the only game they play and they are torn between playing a game they don't like and supporting a shitty company that is behind said game.

I still enjoy their cinematics and lore, the game just isnt the game I used to love anymore and its too much of a time investment as I have gotten older. I quit in January 2021 and I havent felt the need to return. These days I enjoy Warcraft from a distance, for some reason its less frustrating lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-11-22 at 10:12 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yeah, i agree. Ion made it clear he doesn't want casuals so this will be the point where i stop buying the expansions.

Most youtubers that have compared it with their actual numbers say that it's quite close to those. May depend on the topic.
    Can say myself it is vary inaccurate, it guesses based on past videos from back when it was tracked, and the average of how many people who have the extensions like to dislike.

Which neverminded the fact people who go out of their way to use addons to be able to see the dislike button are far more likely to dislike videos, cause they actually engage in and care about the total dislikes. that other people see, and not just so the creator can know X people dislike the video.

also where did ion say he didnt want casuals?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Well. Personally, I found BFA and Legion to okay expansion. Sure, i dislike the story in BFA with Sylvannas but overall, I was okay with. Just my personal opinion of course.

The scandals was most certainly not good and people like those involved should have been removed long ago.

However, I do wonder what people hopes to achieve by hating and dislike Blizzard. They could just move onto other games. There are other games out there. There are other activities as well. It seems they just want to continue to hate Blizzard regardless.
    Legion was good, its WoD, BfA and SL that they fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    The “nothing to do” angle is pretty weird considering we just got through TBC classic and actively in Wrath classic and there is objectively much less to do at end game in these older versions of WoW.
    Hey, not my opinion, it's just what I see people often write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter. People abuse dislike buttons or use it to filter out videos from their recommendations profile.

Unironically, the same people wanting dislikes visible on YT loathe Reddit's down/upvote feature. Hypocrites flip flop when it's convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    .......according to MMO Champion. Which has been going on since I found this site in 2008 and people were pissing all over WoW. Epic fights how Aion would kill WoW...how MMO Champion should switch to Age of Conan, because that would be awesome...later it was Rift and Wildstar.
    It's honestly not only mmo-champion. Reddit had to split the WoW forums and create the circlejerk forum, because the negativity in the main forum got so bad.
    The biggest streamers left the game. Even feedback on Twitter, which is normally Blkizzards safe haven, became super negative in SL.

Ofc you can say "mmo-champion, twitter, reddit, Discords, Twitch and Youtube don't count for the vibe in the community" but then what counts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagreed.

FF isn't objectively a better game compared to WoW(in fact - it shouldn't be compared). Asmongold could move them to Tetris as well if he wanted to do so. I'm just mentioning the influence.

Well - let's not ban Infowars then? How about that? It's the same thing - both are streamers, gaining profit and power on behalf of others.
    did you just compare content creators who create content about Warcraft to Infowars? A show that literally jeopardised peoples lives and spread dangerous conspiracy theory's?

If that's the case, then I appear to be in supply of some axes, and behind me is a grinder for you grind them on.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-11-22 at 10:32 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Because crowd need things to hate, and youtubers/twitchers/twitterers and other "voices of the crowd" tell them to hate Blizzard no matter of what they do.
    They just click on the video - put dislike and than watch it (or even closing page).

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree on that. Asmongold moved so many people from WoW to FF - that the management at Blizzard had to take him serious. This is the new marketing type. Buisness models are created everyday around this concept.
    Perhaps. Perhaps not. One thing is for certain: I don't have any respect for people that allow Asmongold (or any other YouTuber for that matter) to dictate their game choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Ofc you can say "mmo-champion, twitter, reddit, Discords, Twitch and Youtube don't count for the vibe in the community" but then what counts?
    What counts for me—and it's rare enough—are people that come along, state their honest opinion about worked for them and what didn't and manage to do that without calling people stupid and ranting about how the developers should be fired.

Sadly, MMO-C is largely useless at this point for that sort of feedback and has been for some years. Icy Veins is OK. Articles there are generally powered by thought instead of rage and usually read neutral in tone. Here's X. Here's the good about X. Here's what we didn't like about X. That's news I can use especially if accompanied by a synced-up video from the world. YouTubers, often with tiny audiences, that log on, say what they're going to do and then set about to do it provide more useful information about the game than any dozen threads here. Your mileage may vary. I don't join DF until a couple of weeks in.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Same. The game will never go back to the way it was before he took over, at least not as long as he's in charge. I'm pretty much forced to play FFXIV if I want long term high quality (second best in the game) gear progression through matchmade or solo content, I'd rather do that in WoW like I could in the past but since they haven't offered such a path since MOP I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Unironically, the same people wanting dislikes visible on YT loathe Reddit's down/upvote feature. Hypocrites flip flop when it's convenient.
    Nothing hypocritical about it, you just cant tell the difference between asking for vote visibility and asking for a voting feature. Youtube still runs on voting, it merely hid the counter result which made it in fact closer to how reddit works. You just never considered "reddit hiding downvotes" because the ratio was always hidden, you never see how many people downvoted a high rated post on reddit.

And reddit's voting system is useless because a successful post is a post everyone can agree on which limits post quality significantly. People can't self reflect and vote based on post quality but rather vote on "do i like what was written". So its not as much "voting bad" as "voting cant work with morons". Reddit as such is a proof of concept of plato already complaining about democracy doesn't work with a stupid populus.

Disagreed.

I obviously didn't say FF is a better game, and no, Asmongold obviously doesn't command an army of drones, even if you want to imagine that WoW is flawless. Sure he's able to make people try games, but he isn't able to make many of them stay. The sway he has on people's opinions isn't nothing but it also isn't enough for people to go from "WoW is great!" to "WoW is dead!".

I watch streams very little and I have little love for Asmongold, and I've never been a big fan of FFXIV, but it sounds like you're blaming WoW's player drops on influencers and that's just wilful self delusion.

You also can't honestly be idiotic enough to put InfoWars and Asmongold in the same category. That's facetious at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Same. The game will never go back to the way it was before he took over, at least not as long as he's in charge. I'm pretty much forced to play FFXIV if I want long term high quality (second best in the game) gear progression through matchmade or solo content, I'd rather do that in WoW like I could in the past but since they haven't offered such a path since MOP I can't.
    When did WoW ever offer this? I don't remember any period in the game when you could get top/high tier gear through matchmaking. Do you mean pre-M+ when heroic dungeons gave the best gear before raids opened in the first patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Because crowd need things to hate, and youtubers/twitchers/twitterers and other "voices of the crowd" tell them to hate Blizzard no matter of what they do.
    They just click on the video - put dislike and than watch it (or even closing page).
    So it has to be some content creator droning the people and not people thinking for themselves: "huh... the last 4 years for WoW and for Blizzard where kind of a shitfest"?

I can absolutely see people using this as feedback vent... even without getting told to do so by some overlord youtube/twitch guy.

Or is this some weird agenda that the only reason people could possibly have problems with the game and company is because they're all sheep and have been told to do so?