Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Yes, they're OLD raids, so who cares if we can OS them just to farm xmogs ? No one has complained in recent years about us being able to OS old raids like BT as I said. Legion and BFA are now outdated contents. Let us blast those raids easily.
    You can blast Legion raids easily. It's only once you get to Mythic ToS or Antorus that you start hitting roadblocks. Uldir raids are capable of being doable solo if you play your class well even, and that is the previous expansion.
    Just be patient and play the game. Once you get to level 70 in a week you should be able to clear Uldir fairly easily, and start making headway into BfA raids.

I mean, do you just want the devs to flip a switch once we go into 10.0 that lowers the health of BfA and Legion bosses by 99%? Is it unreasonable that Shadowlands raids will not be soloable even with full VotI raid gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This still pales in comparison to the possibility of Turalyon demanding that the Alliance hero report to him all the important things that will go down in the Dragon Isles. This single act of sheer entitlement and arrogance would definitely spark a civil war to overthrow the tyrant.
    I know right. How dare he do his job as Lord Commander effectively.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Allied races were bfa content, give it a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So was M+. Don't see why it couldnt be used going forward, same as other expansion specific stuff that players might like, for instance Dragonriding.
    The same arguments were brought up for Shadowlands and the Covenants and yet here we are, getting none of them. I mean you can always find an argument for new allied races just [enter reason]. The thing is, the players bringing this up time and time again are just grasping at straws at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    You can blast Legion raids easily.
    Not as easily as before.
    I remember killing in 5sec WoD bosses in Legion/BfA (even in mythic).
    Why can't we kill Legion bosses in 5sec in SHADOWLANDS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The same arguments were brought up for Shadowlands and the Covenants and yet here we are, getting none of them. I mean you can always find an argument for new allied races just [enter reason]. The thing is, the players bringing this up time and time again are just grasping at straws at this point.
    Reputations now work on the Renown system, so really the only thing we are missing out on in that respect is actually having to choose a covenant, as well as the two active abilities.

And yes, it's unlikely that we will ever get an AR every major patch like what BfA did, but that doesnt mean we can't assume that the developers might look at one or two per expansion. Tuskarr have been requested for years, and Gnolls would look cool. Don't see why it's impossible that they might decide that they would work as AR races for 10.2 or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Not as easily as before.
    I remember killing in 5sec WoD bosses in Legion/BfA (even in mythic).
    Why can't we kill Legion bosses in 5sec in SHADOWLANDS ?
    Because Legion and BfA massively inflated your power. The defining thesis of Legion was power fantasy, as stated by the devs even, and BfA have you massive buffs every single major patch.
    SL is just the first expansion since WoD to limit your power gains to reasonable amounts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No thanks.
    Not sure why that's a bad thing. Night Elves being less "purple humans" is a good thing. Doesn't mean they need to go into a full on war or anything.

The last short story confirms once again that Turalyon will become a villain. I mean, just look at how he burst out laughing when he heard a joke... totally suspicious! Do you people reckon that he'll be overthrown in the Siege of Stormwind at the end of Dragonflight or at the end of the next expansion?
    Alleria was laughing, not Turalyon. And he is still a huge racist towards dragons tho.

The last short story confirms once again that Turalyon will become a villain. I mean, just look at how he burst out laughing when he heard a joke... totally suspicious! Do you people reckon that he'll be overthrown in the Siege of Stormwind at the end of Dragonflight or at the end of the next expansion?
    No no it's going to be in patch 10.2. It's going to be revealed that he created a light worshipping raid under the Cathedral during the 3 year time skip. It's all going to start in 10.1 with him burning down the orphanage with blessed fire in the name of the Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Alleria was laughing, not Turalyon. And he is still a huge racist towards dragons tho.
    No he isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Legion and BfA massively inflated your power. The defining thesis of Legion was power fantasy, as stated by the devs even, and BfA have you massive buffs every single major patch.
    SL is just the first expansion since WoD to limit your power gains to reasonable amounts again.
    Well this is stupid then. What does it change if people can one shot a 5 years old raid ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No he isn't.
    I mean, generalizing an entire race just because a couple of dragons went bad is racist in my book.

Turalyon didn't laugh at a joke? Big red flag!!

Also, he wasn't racist against the Dracthyr, he was fair towards them. If he was racist he would have straight up sent them away from Stormwind.

Learn the Classic lore and you'll understand why Turalyon was fair towards them.

No no it's going to be in patch 10.2. It's going to be revealed that he created a light worshipping raid under the Cathedral during the 3 year time skip. It's all going to start in 10.1 with him burning down the orphanage with blessed fire in the name of the Light.
    He doesn't even need to do all that to be a villain. He's already a villain in my opinion because he didn't laugh at a joke and he told the Spymaster to keep watch of the alien humanoid dragon species that just showed up demanding entrance into the city.

I mean, generalizing an entire race just because a couple of dragons went bad is racist in my book.
    He just met some random dragons swooping into his city. What else has he said about them other than asking Shaw to keep an eye out?

"A couple of dragons" is already too much, since just one dragon is a literal flying nuke.

Onyxia and Deathwing, """"just"""" two dragons, almost ended Stormwind on two separate occasions. You will have to excuse the Lord Protector of Stormwind if he's not willing to compromise the security of Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

He just met some random dragons swooping into his city. What else has he said about them other than asking Shaw to keep an eye out?
    You know what the hilarious thing is?

It's literally Shaw's job. He's the Spymaster, he's supposed to keep an eye on people, that's what he's paid for.

Turalyon is an evil tyrant because he told the Spymaster to do his job omegalul

Imagine if they wanted to do something bad though? Why risk it? As a leader of a nation it's not your job to be nice to everyone, it's supposed to be taking care of your people.

If they were bad and killed people and their children then what? Who's fault is it? The evil guys of course but also the leader for being incompetent. All those lives, gone cause he "didn't want to seem racist."

Imagine if they wanted to do something bad though? Why risk it? As a leader of a nation it's not your job to be nice to everyone, it's supposed to be taking care of your people.

If they were bad and killed people and their children then what? Who's fault is it? The evil guys of course but also the leader for being incompetent. All those lives, gone cause he "didn't want to seem racist."
    The hilarious thing is that these same people who defend the Dracthyr were also accusing the Ren'dorei of being dangerous and wondering why Anduin just let them freely walk the streets of Stormwind. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Well this is stupid then. What does it change if people can one shot a 5 years old raid ? :/
    Nothing really. But it's the part where you have to put an arbitrary line declaring that once 10.0 comes out, the raids from 8.0 MUST be soloable with no wiggle room.
    What's wrong with simply outgearing the raids naturally, giving a tangible benefit to gearing up that isnt purely based around endgame?

The fact that he even let them in the city shows he's willing to accept them anyway.

I recently replayed the DK starting experience in Wrath and I found it pretty funny how you, a literal machine of death, riding a skeleton horse reeking of death, just gallops through the city, goes into the keep and walks right to the King's face and all the guards including the royal guards who's life's purpose is to protect the king are only throwing bananas at you.

Yeah yeah 2008 technology and all that I get it, but still pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

The hilarious thing is that these same people who defend the Dracthyr were also accusing the Ren'dorei of being dangerous and wondering why Anduin just let them freely walk the streets of Stormwind. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    A lot of people are just naive. I would love a world were world peace was a thing but the greed of individuals is too high for that to happen. And I'd like that to be shown correctly in the games and media I consume. Makes for a more immersive storytelling.

The fact that he even let them in the city shows he's willing to accept them anyway.
    Indeed. If Turalyon was really xenophobic like a few people claim, then he would have just shut the gates when the Dracthyr arrived. He still let them into the city, where they can make a home, and that's what matters.

In a perfect world, in a world where everyone is honest, good, and kind, Turalyon wouldn't need to have his Spymaster monitor people.

The very position of "Spymaster" wouldn't even exist, in a perfect world where no one has anything to hide, where everything is transparent.

Unfortunately, neither Azeroth nor irl are perfect worlds and so sometimes the leaders have to take unsavory measures to ensure the security and the safety of their people.

In a perfect Azeroth, Turalyon would just let the Dracthry do whatever they want. But since this isn't a fairy tale for 4 years old, he must ensure that the Dracthyr won't pull some shit like Onyxia and Deathwing did. And so they shall be monitored by the SI:7, nevertheless they can call Stormwind their home.

Reputations now work on the Renown system, so really the only thing we are missing out on in that respect is actually having to choose a covenant, as well as the two active abilities.

And yes, it's unlikely that we will ever get an AR every major patch like what BfA did, but that doesnt mean we can't assume that the developers might look at one or two per expansion. Tuskarr have been requested for years, and Gnolls would look cool. Don't see why it's impossible that they might decide that they would work as AR races for 10.2 or whatever.
    I was talking solely about Covenant AR races there, sorry. Should have made it clear what I was referring to.

DF is re-introducing Sethrak, so maybe we have another chance for their AR this time... I'm still mad that Alliance got the trash-tier Mechagnomes when compared to Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I was talking solely about Covenant AR races there, sorry. Should have made it clear what I was referring to.

DF is re-introducing Sethrak, so maybe we have another chance for their AR this time... I'm still mad that Alliance got the trash-tier Mechagnomes when compared to Vulpera.
    TBH Covenant AR would make very little sense. I don't see, why a Venthyr or Kyrian would joing Horde o Alliance. With the Veil mended, travel between th Shadowlands and Azeroth also wouldn't be as easy as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    TBH Covenant AR would make very little sense. I don't see, why a Venthyr or Kyrian would joing Horde o Alliance. With the Veil mended, travel between th Shadowlands and Azeroth also wouldn't be as easy as it once was.
    Absolutely, Covenant AR never made any sense, but people were arguing for 2 years of Shadowlands and basically since the Covenant races have been revealed in 2019 that they might become AR and why they might become AR etc.