Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    So it has to be some content creator droning the people and not people thinking for themselves: "huh... the last 4 years for WoW and for Blizzard where kind of a shitfest"?

I can absolutely see people using this as feedback vent... even without getting told to do so by some overlord youtube/twitch guy.

Or is this some weird agenda that the only reason people could possibly have problems with the game and company is because they're all sheep and have been told to do so?
    Kind of standard isn't it? "Those people disagree with me" = "they're all sheep, I'm the informed one". Just look at American politics. It's a self defense thing, you have to ignore the backlash to keep voting for the child molester if you want the not-you people removed from your areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It's honestly not only mmo-champion. Reddit had to split the WoW forums and create the circlejerk forum, because the negativity in the main forum got so bad.
    The biggest streamers left the game. Even feedback on Twitter, which is normally Blkizzards safe haven, became super negative in SL.

Ofc you can say "mmo-champion, twitter, reddit, Discords, Twitch and Youtube don't count for the vibe in the community" but then what counts?
    Nah..not gonna say that. Or claim "what counts" - other that my server is active and I wish so is the one you are on (should you still play). I am in a different "bubble" I guess, because I never watched the biggest streamers (could only guess who they are...but I tried Asmongold and this guy is like tinfoil on teeth to me...even though I know he just puts on a persona, but it is that persona that makes him unwatchable for me)

So I occasiaonally check out Hazelnutty, SoulSoBreezy, Kelani...stuff like that...less on Titch, more on youtube.

Other than that...like I said ...in my years since 2008 creating my original account on MMO-C - I was bown away by the negativity towards WoW here. I guess I have seen too many "feedback became super negative in (insert x-pac)" so I just got numb and it is "whatever..sure...yeah...one day everyone will leave and WoW will die" - but that didn't happen in 2010...or 2012...or 2014...or 2016...etc.

Maybe ppl expected WoW to go out with a bang and maybe it is ust a slow death. Hell..we are entering year 19 of WoW soon and I guess that old horse still has a couple x-pacs in it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also where did ion say he didnt want casuals?
    Whenever he talks about who deserves rewards for their gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    When did WoW ever offer this? I don't remember any period in the game when you could get top/high tier gear through matchmaking. Do you mean pre-M+ when heroic dungeons gave the best gear before raids opened in the first patch?
    WoW did that quite often in its lifetime. In vanilla they had the tier 0 set, in TBC random BGs gave you weapons better than what the first raids dropped, in WotLK you had badge gear from heroics, in Cataclysm and MOP LFR gave really nice gear. After that is was an up and down but even then you had stuff like Warfronts who gave quite nice gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    Maybe ppl expected WoW to go out with a bang and maybe it is ust a slow death. Hell..we are entering year 19 of WoW soon and I guess that old horse still has a couple x-pacs in it.
    Legion should have really opened some eyes that this isn't a one way street, if they produce another bfa into shadowlands level expansion (tbf 9.2 was a lot better) WoW might become economically unviable and put on life support, however as Legion has shown it also just needs a good expansion to bring a ton of people back.

Players are a lot less resentful than forums/reddit/mmoc let it look like, people will come play if the game is good, it's that simple.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-11-22 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post

WoW did that quite often in its lifetime. In vanilla they had the tier 0 set, in TBC random BGs gave you weapons better than what the first raids dropped, in WotLK you had badge gear from heroics, in Cataclysm and MOP LFR gave really nice gear. After that is was an up and down but even then you had stuff like Warfronts who gave quite nice gear.
    by the time casuals wore tier 0 raiders were already several tiers ahead and then you ran in tier 0.5 while raiders where in tier 3. It was just something to do but nowhere competitive.

I have 2 friends who are nurses and have a hell of a schedule/shift plan, they will never be able to play in organized groups.
    They love the upcoming M+ loot changes in DF.

Remember: Casual=/=Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Perhaps. Perhaps not. One thing is for certain: I don't have any respect for people that allow Asmongold (or any other YouTuber for that matter) to dictate their game choices.
    And that is why they should ban the biggest streamers or atleast limit thier influence somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    did you just compare content creators who create content about Warcraft to Infowars? A show that literally jeopardised peoples lives and spread dangerous conspiracy theory's?

If that's the case, then I appear to be in supply of some axes, and behind me is a grinder for you grind them on.
    This was an answer to the guy, who believes censorship is the worst thing ever.

Both creators should be banned or limited before they accumulate certain power. They are able to move people and they are able to change the paradigm. It proved to be dangerous and people are losing thier jobs.

It's not fair - that they bash Blizzard for the sake of thier own income. Or they funnel the playerbase to some random game, without any specified motivation.

Some sort of metric or committee should be invented, in order to rate the credibility/motivation of these streamers.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-11-22 at 12:18 PM.

I have 2 friends who are nurses and have a hell of a schedule/shift plan, they will never be able to play in organized groups.
    They love the upcoming M+ loot changes in DF.

Remember: Casual=/=Bad.
    Do they know they won't be able to get set for 2 months?

How is that any different from now with LFR + the catalyst? PvP gear in TBC was always at least one tier behind if you did BGs only, Wrath badges took forever and gave only a few pieces (never weapons). If we're talking ilvl/general power from non-grouped gameplay, live WoW is basically just as good as it's always been, if not better. If we're talking the carrot on the stick existing no matter how far away it is, then yeah live lacks that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Lol

I get you like orcs but that's basically a slim segment of meathead players. They are not a high played race and never have been.
    At the time, choosing Orcs and Draenor for the theme was probably the best decision they could've done after Pandaria. The whole "going back to Warcraft's roots" and the marketting hyped the hell out of people. How am I wrong?
    Also they are the second most played Horde race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    At the time, choosing Orcs and Draenor for the theme was probably the best decision they could've done after Pandaria. The whole "going back to Warcraft's roots" and the marketting hyped the hell out of people. How am I wrong?
    It was probably designed to tie-in with the movie and remind people of the original story, but the movie flopped - for many reasons, but one is that the idea of warcraft being orcs v humans is an early 90s thing that almost nobody remembers or played at this point. Like it or not, WC to most players is probably WC 3 - arthas, night elves, thrall etc. Not Durotan and so forth.

And then they basically abandoned the alt universe immediately, moving us to what most people actually thinkingg of as wc's roots in Legion
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    It was probably designed to tie-in with the movie and remind people of the original story, but the movie flopped - for many reasons, but one is that the idea of warcraft being orcs v humans is an early 90s thing that almost nobody remembers or played at this point. Like it or not, WC to most players is probably WC 3 - arthas, night elves, thrall etc. Not Durotan and so forth.

And then they basically abandoned the alt universe immediately, moving us to what most people actually thinkingg of as wc's roots in Legion
    That still does not prove me wrong, as WoD still hyped people up more than any other expansion.

Or is this some weird agenda that the only reason people could possibly have problems with the game and company is because they're all sheep and have been told to do so?
    do you have the same issue with people who claim anyone who still play wow is just addicted white knight bcs there is no way he can actualy like the game?
    or you disagree with people being sheep only if you are one of the herd?

The trailer reminded me of the trailer to James Cameron's first "Avatar" movie trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It's honestly not only mmo-champion. Reddit had to split the WoW forums and create the circlejerk forum, because the negativity in the main forum got so bad.
    What the fuck? This is revisionist nonsense. wowcj has existed for eons. It wasn't "split off" from the main sub. It got pretty popular at the mid-point of this expansion because the game was in an admittedly pretty shit state so the anti-circlejerk was pretty strong. A lot of people were crossposting even though I think the r/wow mods would prefer to pretend the cj sub didn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    And that is why they should ban the biggest streamers or atleast limit thier influence somehow.
    I wouldn't go that far. I would terminate whatever internal program they have for awarding perks in the forms of interviews, prizes, etc. for those who plainly go off on the game for clicks. I certainly am not saying that YouTubers need to be incessantly positive. But, Blizzard knows what constitutes constructive, useful feedback (and feed-forward in the case of YouTube viewers, not creators) and reward that.

Banning someone from the game due to the opinions they promulgate on YouTube, i.e. out of game, is a stupid idea. They don't have to reward that though. Disruptive-to-other-players activities that they do in-game are another matter and should be treated like anyone else if rules are clearly being broken.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-11-22 at 06:36 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I wouldn't go that far. I would terminate whatever internal program they have for awarding perks in the forms of interviews, prizes, etc. for those who plainly go off on the game for clicks. I certainly am not saying that YouTubers need to be incessantly positive. But, Blizzard knows what constitutes constructive, useful feedback (and feed-forward in the case of YouTube viewers, not creators) and reward that.
    Good feedback is a bad meme. For a good decade Blizz didnt do even obvious fixes reported during betas and fixed things delayed months past release so players stopped giving a shit.
    Gotta be extremely bored philosopher to aim for constructive arguments while talking against the wall.

Edit: if it aint obvious streamers are entertainers, so they must go for fun shitposts because those are entertaining compared to dry theorycrafting optimal dev decisions only fringe viewers are interested listening to.
    Last edited by mbit2; 2022-11-22 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Couple things here:

1.) The extension that allows you to see dislikes isn't accurate. It can't track anything since YouTube disabled the ability to see dislikes so the information reflected by this extension is only going to show you dislikes from people who have this extension installed.
    Doesn't that suggest that the ratio would be even more slanted in favor of the dislikes because there are several more dislikes we're not seeing? If it only counts people with the app, it will show everybody's dislikes that has the app and is short those who disliked without it. The figure can't be inflated by that, only understated.

- - - Updated - - -

2.) Even if you completely dismiss the first point, nearly every single fucking video Blizzard has released in the last 5 years has been dislike bombed by the Bellendular-viewer crowd of players who haven't touched the game since fucking Wrath yet masturbate frequently to the idea of WoW finally dying because it no longer features a white-haired antagonist with a spooky sword.
    I love bad faith arguments based on an impotently overemotional reaction to people not liking a thing you like. You shouldn't take criticism or personal umbrage with something you like as an attack against you. Calm down.

- - - Updated - - -

But I also don't take much stock in the self-affirming negativity circlejerking that happens in discussion echo chambers like we have here and elsewhere.
    When people disagree with me, it's a circlejerk. I alone am a free thinker, because I have the right opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Censoring opinions and criticism is always a very good and smart idea and will not further isolate Blizzard into an echo chamber.

- - - Updated - - -

Banning someone from the game due to the opinions they promulgate on YouTube, i.e. out of game, is a stupid idea. They don't have to reward that though. Disruptive-to-other-players activities that they do in-game are another matter and should be treated like anyone else if rules are clearly being broken.
    Incorrect. It is a smart and good idea to write off all criticism as a malicious attack on the game itself. There is nothing bad or objectionable about doing so. It is a very mature and intelligent thing to do.

Dismissing the sarcasm, rewarding constructive feedback is a smart idea, but that's assuming we can trust Blizzard to be competent or trustworthy enough to recognize the difference between constructive feedback and perpetual sugarcoating—that is, I disagree with your premise that Blizzard definitely understands what constitutes useful feedback. I definitely agree that it's a bad idea to mistake popularity for depth, but Blizzard has a significant incentive to milk the popularity of large streamers, so it's unlikely they'll substantially alter their current decision-making process.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-11-22 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see it through web browsers extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Like im wondering why DF videos got so many dislikes,i see nothing wrong with the upcoming expansion.Just curious what the f... is wrong with people being obsessed on hating wow non stop? unsub and leave,why is it that hard ? im not blizzard fanboy,but i cant stand this community,i swear to god.

Blizzard definately did lots of bad stuff in the past and i get it,but some of the community folks are the worst psychos ive ever seen,ex girlfriend syndrome.
    Maybe because it does not tell shit about the expansion besides riding the dragons?