Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    That US game was marred by all the "injuries", players collapsing every 5 seconds with a cramp in the last quarter of the game. Funny how 90% of them happen when the other team has the ball.. probably just a coincidence, right?

- - - Updated - - -

There's a higher than normal chance that this World Cup ends up having some major international incident. Fuck

Meanwhile Fifa doing a good job of showing it's the same old corrupt organization it's always been..
    I know they showed a woman cheering for Mexico in what looked like Azetc dress. You could see her bra/undergarment under her arms and I think her shoulders. I hope she is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well it was fun when Australia were leading, its less fun now.
    Is it odd I enjoy seeing the top-flight teams not do so well and end up not going to the next round? Like no Brazil would make the world cup perfect for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Argentina were lethargic against Saudi Arabia but then I watched Mexico Poland and they're even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I thought Argentina were lethargic against Saudi Arabia but then I watched Mexico Poland and they're even worse.
    What? Mexico played a high tempo game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Not too bad of a Cup lately with everything going on. Just wanted to ask how you liking the new Nov edition compared to the summer event. Ngl, it’s not my favorite as I’m running around this holiday, and my alarm is set for Germany tomorrow but I’m probably gonna sleep in a bit regardless. But you guys across the pond prob love the timeframe and calendar choice. Lemme know what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Not too bad of a Cup lately with everything going on. Just wanted to ask how you liking the new Nov edition compared to the summer event. Ngl, it’s not my favorite as I’m running around this holiday, and my alarm is set for Germany tomorrow but I’m probably gonna sleep in a bit regardless. But you guys across the pond prob love the timeframe and calendar choice. Lemme know what you feel.
    I prefer the summer World Cup. I'm off this week but then have to work for the next three. I might watch some of the games at work... If I can figure out a way to do it. Sneaky Sneaky!!!

Luckily the finals are on a Sat and I'm off on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I prefer the summer World Cup. I'm off this week but then have to work for the next three. I might watch some of the games at work... If I can figure out a way to do it. Sneaky Sneaky!!!

Luckily the finals are on a Sat and I'm off on those.
    Wait, what? The final is on the 18th, it's a Sunday. You scared the hell out of me for a second there, Jesus in a Taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Is it odd I enjoy seeing the top-flight teams not do so well and end up not going to the next round? Like no Brazil would make the world cup perfect for me.
    If you only want upsets then it's probably not odd, if you want some good football then it is very odd. The top tier teams can (not always, but with high certainty) guarantee good matches, the 3rd/4th tier teams that this WC is filled with can only guarantee hardcore anti-football against top teams - and it's not a surprise because they'll get slaughtered like Iran and Aussies if they try something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like upsets, I like underdogs like Saudi Arabia beating impossible to defeat teams, but most of the time the same 8 countries make it to the quarterfinals.

How were the groups formed, does anybody know? Is it based on ELO or is it random?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I like upsets, I like underdogs like Saudi Arabia beating impossible to defeat teams, but most of the time the same 8 countries make it to the quarterfinals.

How were the groups formed, does anybody know? Is it based on ELO or is it random?
    The teams were divided into four pots of eight, with one team selected from each pot to form a group.

As hosts, Qatar took position A1 from Pot 1, where they were joined by the FIFA Ranking's seven highest-ranked qualified teams. The countries occupying positions 8 to 15 on the ranking of the qualified teams were allocated to Pot 2, while the 16th to 23rd best-ranked qualifiers were placed in Pot 3. Finally, Pot 4 included the qualified teams in positions 24 to 28, plus three placeholders representing the two winners of the intercontinental play-offs and the remaining UEFA play-off winners. The hosts continued to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, and therefore Pot 1 consisted of hosts Qatar and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualified for the tournament.

lewa is cursed.

another 2 dog teams this morning. Rest of the games today should be good tho.

Croatia was so sloppy. Controlled the game fully except of a few counters by Morocco and botched literally every single important pass. Disappointing match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing teams come a cropper against opponents they should be beating makes England's opener look even more impressive. That's normally us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck no, anyone but England I can't bear their smugness anymore ANYONE BUT THEM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the German minister is sitting next to Infantino wearing the OneLove armband. Good luck convincing a German to take their armband off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, what a goal to potentially cause another massive upset at this tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, wut?

LETS GO another washed out team.

ITS COMING HOME

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, good job Japan
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Apparently the German minister is sitting next to Infantino wearing the OneLove armband. Good luck convincing a German to take their armband off.
    oh you mean that left extremist Faeser ?

I hope Germany loses all 3 Games. dont have to be a fucking Hypocrite if you arent playing anymore

imagine winning in Qatar lmao.... Its like England winning in 66. Everyone knows its worth SHIT

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm yeah delicious upsets hmmmm SCRUMPTIOUS.

Now for Spain to lose lmao.