Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It seems likely that the Maruuk are the spawn of Ohn'ahra and some elemental being thousands of years ago.
    If they're the spawn of Ohn'ahra, shouldn't they look more, y'know... avian?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    If they're the spawn of Ohn'ahra, shouldn't they look more, y'know... avian?
    Shouldn't the spawn of Theradras look stonier, with more than 2 arms? Weird things happen when elemental beings and demigods get it on, I suppose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Maybe you should stop obsessing over those in the lore forum who care about the lore. Or is trolling such individuals your idea of fun?
    People can care about the lore, that's totally fine and reasonable. What isn't reasonable is to quit interacting with the subject of that lore "years ago" by your own admission, but still pay attention to it in order to criticize the people who create it. The original concept of "the customer is always right" is flawed enough without the 2020s version of it, which is "the people who aren't even our customers are always right". I'm not even trolling anyone, I genuinely think it's unhealthy to believe your opinion, as someone who doesn't pay for or even engage with the product in question, matters this much. It just so happens that a significant part of this thread is people calling the OP out for being completely incorrect, which is a function of the fact that the OP doesn't even play the game.

The sooner society realises that 'fandoms' are just parasocial relationships with art and shouldn't be celebrated, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Danuser has made it very clear with comments that consistency to older lore would be "constraining" and similar, he does not like the older material and resents its success. He resents the playerbase for liking it better than his recycled crap original ideas, so yes he gets annoyed when you point out his half-assed ideas don't work with the older material. It's why he's taking the approach of tearing things down, retconning them beyond recognition, or flat out demonizing them.
    has he really said such crap about ignoring old lore because it would be constraining? his JOB is to tell new stories in the old lore that people loved, not ruin it. i know it's petty as heck but now i don't even wanna touch dragonflight as i'm certain the storytelling will just make me mad like shadowlands did...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    He has in interviews stated that he views consistency as constraining and does not want to be held to the earlier material.
    The best philosophy in writing a long-runner, clearly. Everybody likes seeing something become the thing that it is in name only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    has he really said such crap about ignoring old lore because it would be constraining? his JOB is to tell new stories in the old lore that people loved, not ruin it. i know it's petty as heck but now i don't even wanna touch dragonflight as i'm certain the storytelling will just make me mad like shadowlands did...
    Thus far, Dragonflight's story doesn't seem to be disruptive at all. Even if it doesn't turn out good, there's no egregious, lore-ruining retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'm not a fan of Nobbel but at least he tried to push on a few of those lore questions in his interview before he realized 'oh god, Blizzard will probably not let me interview them again if they don't like me calling bullshit on their answers'

Though it seems clear Blizz just straight up doesn't have an answer for where this first Gen of Centaur in Dragon Isles actually came from beyond just... sprouting up in ancient kalimdor. How did the first gen of centaur come to be if Theradras and Zaetar didn't make them?

It's really very frustrating, even years after quitting the game, that they still don't care about the quality of the narrative in such a basic way.

EDIT: Corrected a sentence in the second paragraph.
    The Titans lied.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not correct, maybe play the beta and learn the lore.
    The info is from other players beta stuff.

DI centaur are a 'first generation' that moved there 10k years ago, while the ones from Zaetar and Theradras are a random second gen.
    Twas brillig