Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Thank you, Daddy-Blizzard.

I wouldn't know what I would do if I was able to play at my own pace.

imo it’s a good descission. i would even take 2 weeks. and tbh, wow is no longer that brilliant type of a game, i have to rush and take my vacation for. i am fine with that.

but praising stuff, that has zero costs, like a feature… nah, typical Blizzard move. at least they always let it sound like that. also some people planning their vacations maybe would be happy to know this, earlier than a week before release, lol…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-11-23 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Thank you, Daddy-Blizzard.

I wouldn't know what I would do if I was able to play at my own pace.
    Oh no, I have to wait a day to get my mythic 0. The tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Oh no, I have to wait a day to get my mythic 0. The tragedy.
    Imagine the scenario that you wouldn't have to wait and were able to play at your own pace. Pretty incredible.

Except you can imagine the other side of the back lash... how many players will complain about Blizzard "forcing" them to power level their characters or they'll fall behind in power level not getting to max level and cranking out a bunch of mythic pluses the first 23 hours the expansion launches. You can say no one would say that but with all the other b.s complaining about blizzard "forcing me to do this", "forcing me to do that" the odds are quite high that there'd be a bunch that would complain about it. The amount of players that zerg rush to max level every expansion is far less than those that take longer to do so, but that group still will complain about being forced to do stuff. Hell all sides do it.....

Some normie handholding was to be expected. Even if we all know they will never remain competitive, being "forced" to level up fast to keep up with the actual gamers will have them crying injustice and make more noise than it's worth. Not a big deal, hopefully there will be plenty of things to do during the dead week that week 1 will be. If not, I guess it's a good time to level a few alts to cover crafting professions and possible rerolls incase Blizzard decides to screw up your main and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    If you were someone who weren't doing this it has no effect on you.

If you were someone who were going to do this, it harmed you.

An objectively bad change with no positives and only negatives. Nu-wow audience will, of course, praise it as brilliant and innovative. Nothing quite beats the feeling of maliciously harming other people purely for your own self-satisfaction. The final stage of dopamine burnout, when you can only feel good via sadism.
    Pretty sure we didn't benefit from most things last launch either. I was lvl 60 by 9:30 am. I remember basically they made it so there was no reset on the first reset day.

That being said, I'll level up pretty fast this year too and I don't really mind this. It's just the one day - I'll do hcs, look into professions, log in alts for rested. Not that fussed about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    Some normie handholding was to be expected. Even if we all know they will never remain competitive, being "forced" to level up fast to keep up with the actual gamers will have them crying injustice and make more noise than it's worth. Not a big deal, hopefully there will be plenty of things to do during the dead week that week 1 will be. If not, I guess it's a good time to level a few alts to cover crafting professions and possible rerolls incase Blizzard decides to screw up your main and forget about it.
    It's one day, not one week? Mostly affects Europe, I guess.

I mean they have a point

For the subset of people who are going to want to no life the game for the first week or so this is Blizz saying NO FUN ALLOWED

For the fomo obsessed folks which is a surprisingly large number...this is a sigh of relief means they got about 14 days to get a character to 70 and get used to things

For about 75% of the population they won't even notice

10+ Year Old Account
    This only really affects the top % of the player base.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Pretty sure we didn't benefit from most things last launch either. I was lvl 60 by 9:30 am. I remember basically they made it so there was no reset on the first reset day.

That being said, I'll level up pretty fast this year too and I don't really mind this. It's just the one day - I'll do hcs, look into professions, log in alts for rested. Not that fussed about it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's one day, not one week? Mostly affects Europe, I guess.

Well, it's one week+one day that there won't be anything to do other than leveling, which is something that takes 4-8 hours. Hence a dead week.

Pretty screwed up if you think about it that what should be the most exciting time of an expansion launch will be the most dull. Apparently the last year hasn't been dull enough.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2022-11-23 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    Well, it's one week+one day that there won't be anything to do other than leveling, which is something that takes 4-8 hours. Hence a dead week.

Pretty screwed up if you think about it that what should be the most exciting time of an expansion launch will be the most dull. Apparently the last year hasn't been dull enough.

I thought this change is just so that on wednesday 30th (EU) the first reset happens and unlocks mythic dungeons and the professions. I am pretty sure we had 2 mythic dungeon weeks before M+ opened in Shadowlands. which should be the case aswell now. It's a good change, i have 29h before the first reset. means i don't need to level fast to enjoy an extra mythic run clear of gear nor profession dailies.
    I remember in BFA we leveled fast enough so we could clear all mythics before reset and we planned todo this in shadowlands aswell but 1 week before Blizz announced they will keep mythics closed till first reset.

I'm 99% certain this is saying "you don't get this stuff until the normal Tuesday checkpoint, we just won't be hard-resetting the servers for it to unlock." I can almost see where people are confused but also, common sense is important.

I wondered about the backlash from this and I now realize the people complaining about it literally can't read.

It's not a week, at least in EU, it's literally ~30 hours, the time between release on Tuesday morning and the weekly reset on Wednesday morning, it is not a whole week. It's literally just preventing people feeling the need to level, gear, and clear M0s in a fixed 30 hour time slot due to weird release/reset date lineups and has been done in the past.

From the first Wednesday you can no life or casual at your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Healerme View Post
    It's not a week, at least in EU, it's literally ~30 hours, the time between release on Tuesday morning and the weekly reset on Wednesday morning, it is not a whole week. It's literally just preventing people feeling the need to level, gear, and clear M0s in a fixed 30 hour time slot due to weird release/reset date lineups and has been done in the past.
    If you "feel the need" to level, gear and clear m0s in 30 hours, then it's your own problem. It's a game, nobody is forced to do anything, you play it the way you want. Some people love to race and do things within a limited window, it's part of the fun and the challenge.

This is basically a casual/bad player protection so their fragile egos are safeguarded from getting outpaced too early. It also makes no sense because casual/bad players are never going to keep up with the pace anyway, I don't see any positives in preventing people from playing the game in any way they want especially when there are two weeks after those 30 hours in which there is basically nothing to do outside of leveling, and trivially clearing heroics/m0.

As said before, the first week, which happens to be the dullest content-wise, now is 8.2 days long instead of 7 days long. Not the end of the world I suppose, but it also wasn't the end of the world to just let people play for some stakes during those first 30 hours.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2022-11-23 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    oh no, so the blizz changed soemthing that doesnt really affect anyone´s life and yet people are upset so their lives isnt gonna go as planned...

Wow there are some real basement dwellers mad about this change lool ya'll need a real look in the mirror and calm down.

Its not a week, its just one day without mythics etc before reset (EU) this change makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    People really getting mad about not being able to rush to 70 and do a week's worth of content in the 17 hours before the first reset?
    I'm not sure if there are other people who don't really like this "change" besides me as I don't care to read the whole thread, but I personally am not "mad". Just disappointed that what you call "a week worth of content" is basically doing nothing as the season 1 hasn't even begun. Leveling takes 8 hours if you're really casual about it, and doing 8 dungeons takes 8 hours if you're really bad at the game. And that's it. Something you can easily do during the first 30 hours to at least have some incentive, and on top of that having an extra reset would make the wait for the actual season start more bearable.

I get it some folks like exploring, petting critters and taking selfies - others don't, and rather have actual things to do in the day when the expansion is released, especially after the dullest, shittiest expansion that WoW ever had. It's what it is, and I'm fine with it, doesn't mean I think it's a good thing, and if anyone is mad here is people like you about the fact that others have different opinions, but you're going to have to deal with it.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2022-11-23 at 10:42 AM.

Reading comprehension really is a lost art to some isn't it...

It's not even the first week of the launch much less the two weeks some people here have mentioned, we're (for NA at least)talking about literal hours after the expansion launches that if you hit max level there's no weekly stuff available until the weekly reset the day after launch.

For EU it's a day and a half, I like to stay ahead of the curve on all the weekly tasks and love this, let's me enjoy the lvling process without feeling like I need to instading and do a round of m0s or miss an entire lockout.
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2022-11-23 at 10:43 AM.

Oh noes the americans have to wait less than A WHOLE DAY, what a travesty!

While I am probably gonna cap before the european reset, I am fine with this, It just means I don't have to do everything in a panicked rush because fomo.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Oh noes the americans have to wait less than A WHOLE DAY, what a travesty!

While I am probably gonna cap before the european reset, I am fine with this, It just means I don't have to do everything in a panicked rush because fomo.
    I mean shit for us Americans this is a damned blessing. I know half of y'all take the week off for whatever reason but for us this is the Monday after Thanksgiving most of us ain't getting that off since a lot of us probably took this week off cause you know holiday or taking the next big holiday off...

Then we get the always forgotten fact that it's about a 60/40 chance launch ain't going to be smooth