Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh get off your high horse. If you can't debate in good faith, I don't know why you even bother.

I plan to, I haven't yet to avoid the packed theaters. I never wrote the movie off as terrible on hearsay. I critiqued the man's physique for a role that is 100% shirtless when we have seen other actors who clearly put more time in at the GYM for similar roles.
    the problem here is not merely with your subjective dislike of the physique. the problem is with your assertion that he "clearly" didn't put as much time in the gym as those other actors, when we CLEARLY know that 1. he has and we have videos and interviews with his personal trainer as proof. 2. the reason for those actors looking extra shredded in rare shirtless scenes is due to unsustainable, damaging techniques they use to create the illusion of being extra shredded.

you are not just expressing opinions. you are making false claims, based on unrealistic expectations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If only you were reflective enough to see how this applies to people like you, too. All you do is whinge about something incessantly, making sure anyone saying anything positive knows that they're somehow wrong and should join you on the negative side, rather than just move on with your life to things you might enjoy.
    If you lie, and make shit up to say you like or dislike something, you should be called out

Someone saying he don't like or like an actor is not a matter of someone lying or not

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Who on earth was talking about anyone lying?
    You said all i do is " whinge about something incessantly, making sure anyone saying anything positive knows that they're somehow wrong and should join you on the negative side, this is not just you lying by itself, but i only talk about is when someone lie or make shit up

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If you lie, and make shit up to say you like or dislike something, you should be called out

Someone saying he don't like or like an actor is not a matter of someone lying or not
    I mean the poster in question said the actor didn’t work hard, other actors haven’t complained about what they need to do for one shirtless scene, the actor he hadn’t seen had a bad performance, said actor also wasn't a stand out and next to no one was praising him, if marvel thought the actor/character would do well he’d start with a solo movie.

All of theses are lies/uninformed or making shit up, so calling him out shouldn’t really be a problem ya?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I mean the poster in question said the actor didn’t work hard, other actors haven’t complained about what they need to do for one shirtless scene, the actor he hadn’t seen had a bad performance, said actor also wasn't a stand out and next to no one was praising him, if marvel thought the actor/character would do well he’d start with a solo movie.

All of theses are lies/uninformed or making shit up, so calling him out shouldn’t really be a problem ya?
    Those arguments only come up when people tried to gaslight him at first, funny isn't.

Most of then were not even that wrong, maybe he didn't put too much work on the gym, it didn't look like it, the actor performance as not phenomenal, and the movie was not that big hit either.

The bit about he not getting a solo movie, not that wrong either, with the changes they did i don't think he would do well in a solo movie, hence they needed another one tying to build up
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-23 at 04:31 PM.

Those arguments only come up when people tried to gaslight him at first, funny isn't.

Most of then were not even that wrong, maybe he didn't put too much work on the gym, it didn't look like it, you guys took shit way too serious sometimes
    backpedaling, huh.

and again, you are making unsubstantiated claims to reinforce your personal "opinion" just like that other poster... that DIRECTLY contradict the evidence we DO have and reality in general. so yes those claims absolutely ARE wrong.

claiming that Huerta should have trained with a personal trainer like other Marvel actors, and that it makes him look lazy, when the dude DID work with personal trainer, more then one actualy - trainer for his physical conditioning and trainer for his swimming/holding breath under water - for your typical marvel actor 6 months too. claiming that other Marvel actors were more shredded while completely ignoring that they only APPEARED to be that shredded for a singular scene NOT the entirety of the movie and how much unsustainable prep that one scene would take that would coincidentally make them less capable of functioning otherwise. WE KNOW of that prep directly from the trainers and actors themselves.

that word, gasslighting... projecting much?

7+ Year Old Account

Most of then were not even that wrong, maybe he didn't put too much work on the gym, it didn't look like it, the actor performance as not phenomenal, and the movie was not that big hit either.

The bit about he not getting a solo movie, not that wrong either, with the changes they did i don't think he would do well in a solo movie, hence they needed another one tying to build up
    There very first post was that the actor was lazy and the performance they haven’t seen was bad, no one tried to gaslight them it started out of the gate. And yes all of them are wrong as the other posters have already laid out.

The movie was also in the top 20 opening weekends of all time and top 10 of marvel movies, how is that not a big hit?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/...ening_weekend/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    backpedaling, huh.
    No, just saying people get too worked for nothing

I mean, i looked over the past discussion, first post was just guy saying someone should hit the gym more like other actors did and people screaming how it is, and i quote you, unrealistic expectations, in a movie of an unrealistic mutant

claiming that Huerta should have trained with a personal trainer like other Marvel actors, and that it makes him look lazy, when the dude DID work with personal trainer, more then one actualy - trainer for his physical conditioning and trainer for his swimming/holding breath under water - for your typical marvel actor 6 months too. claiming that other Marvel actors were more shredded while completely ignoring that they only APPEARED to be that shredded for a singular scene NOT the entirety of the movie and how much unsustainable prep that one scene would take that would coincidentally make them less capable of functioning otherwise. WE KNOW of that prep directly from the trainers and actors themselves.
    Obviously he meant to work on personal trainers to get ripped, which i don't think is too much to ask for someone without a suit, yeah i believe Namor should be like Thor/Captain marvel in body shape. If the problem was just to correct someone that the guy was not lazy, i don't think we would get this far.

I don't think training for holding breath and swimming for six months rly do much with how CGI and stunts do the work nowadays

- - - Updated - - -

There very first post was that the actor was lazy and the performance they haven’t seen was bad, no one tried to gaslight them it started out of the gate.
    "kinda'' lazy, not rly big deal

He didn't said it was bad, just it was not stellar, guess we can call you out on that bs right?

The movie was also in the top 20 opening weekends of all time and top 10 of marvel movies, how is that not a big hit?
    I heard it did worse than Thor love and Thunder, and Thor movie was fucking garbage. And after the firs week marvel movies were getting worse in general.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-23 at 05:01 PM.

No, just saying people get too worked for nothing

I mean, i looked over the past discussion, first post was just guy saying someone should hit the gym more like other actors did and people screaming how it is, and i quote you, have unrealistic expectations, in an unrealistic mutant in a movie

Obviously he meant to work on personal trainers to get ripped, which i don't think is too much to ask for someone without a suit

I don't think training for holding breath and swimming for six months rly do much with how CGI and stunts do the work nowadays

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't said it was bad, just it was not stellar, guess we can call you out on that bs right?

I heard it did worse than Thor love and Thunder, and Thor movie was fucking garbage. And after the firs week marvel movies were getting worse in general.
    more backpedaling.

1. he claimed that Huerta didn't hit the gym like other actors... when he absolutely did.
    2. ripped is IMPOSSIBLE TO SUSTAIN FOR THE ENTIRE FILMING SCHEDULE. THAT is the unrealistic expectation, which is why those other actors going through 3 day prep for a single scene where they can barely work on anything else, because of how exhausted and dehydrated they are - keeps getting brought up. it is UNREALISTIC to maintain that physique.
    3. he specifically said that he heard it was mediocre and that there was no praise for Huerta's performance, which again is an outright lie.
    4. here you are making unsubstantiated claims again based on... what exactly? certainly not reviews or numbers.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor_love_and_thunder
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bla...akanda_forever

I specifically bring your attention to audience scores.

movie that just released vs movie that has run its full theatrical course

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3523577345/
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3573908993/

in 12 days Black panther damn near caught up to entire 19 weeks of love and thunder domestically and not that far behind worldwide either.

but who cares about reality when you can make a claim that you "heard" something and then excuse it with "but that's just my opinion, and I'm totally not lying"

and just to be clear. its movies. its eye candy. no, its not that serious, however... pattern of lying to push an agenda? that's a different story.

7+ Year Old Account
    so it’s not that “ If you lie, and make shit up to say you like or dislike something, you should be called out” it’s that if some one aligns with your own idea they should get a free pass as it’s not a big deal but if some one doesn’t agree with you then it should be called out.

sure, I was glancing at the post to make sure it was the first and may have applied further understand from his following post.

Still no one was gas lighting he started with such nonsense and you acting like people were is your own bs.

it reportedly was 40M ahead of love and thunder, as well as ahead of every “better” solo movie other then Nwh Mvom and the original black panther.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-11-23 at 05:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    more backpedaling.

1. he claimed that Huerta didn't hit the gym like other actors... when he absolutely did.
    Like the actors did, and yet, he was not able to get nearly as ripped as then, ok, then was he indeed lazy? lmao

2. ripped is IMPOSSIBLE TO SUSTAIN FOR THE ENTIRE FILMING SCHEDULE. THAT is the unrealistic expectation, which is why those other actors going through 3 day prep for a single scene where they can barely work on anything else, because of how exhausted and dehydrated they are - keeps getting brought up. it is UNREALISTIC to maintain that physique.
    if its impossible how other actors did? and i don't think it need to be The rock levels, but a good "hero shape", i ven think CGI should work that around too.
    3. he specifically said that he heard it was mediocre and that there was no praise for Huerta's performance, which again is an outright lie.
    First post just said, not stellar, "good" or "ok" equals to "not stellar" in my book, if i want to say someone was mediocre i say it as garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

so it’s not that “ If you lie, and make shit up to say you like or dislike something, you should be called out” it’s that if some one aligns with your own idea they should get a free pass as it’s not a big deal but if some one doesn’t agree with you then it should be called out.
    Or, you are just taking too literal in this case, mistakes are made, like the one you just did, people express themselves different. This is not a subject to be fighting over this many pages.
    sure, I was glancing at the post to make sure it was the first and may have applied further understand from his following post.

Still no one was gas lighting he started with such nonsense and you acting like people were is your own bs.
    You literally claimed he said something he didn't, that is the gig from most people here, take something out of context, or that they understood wrong and go nuts on someone else ass

Like i said, not a subject to be fighting over, and if this is the hot topic, just show how the movie was meh.
    it reportedly was 40M ahead of love and thunder, as well as ahead of every “better” solo movie other then Nwh Mvom and the original black panther.
    Which makes sense, because Thor love and thunder was awful, still don't think its that much of a difference, we don't have covid close-ups anymore and there is arguable more theaters running, i at least expected more than that.

I remember when the movie released, nobody was talking about it, totally different from the first movie, NWH and doctor strange.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-23 at 05:24 PM.

sigh. its like trying to talk to a brick wall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or, you are just taking too literal in this case, mistakes are made, like the one you just did, people express themselves different. This is not a subject to be fighting over this many pages.
    so again, if they agree with you then it’s not that “ If you lie, and make shit up to say you like or dislike something, you should be called out”, it’s just that people are taking it to literally and it’s not a big deal, it’s only when people disagree with you that it should be called out.

Which makes sense, because Thor love and thunder was awful, still don't think its that much of a difference, we don't have covid close-ups anymore and there is arguable more theaters running, i at least expected more than that.

I remember when the movie released, nobody was talking about it, totally different from the first movie, NWH and doctor strange.
    it’s ahead of literally all but three solo movies the majority came out before Covid was a thing you clown.

- - - Updated - - -

sigh. its like trying to talk to a brick wall.
    I don’t know a brick wall atleast has a solid foundation instead of flip flopping at the drop of a hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the actors did, and yet, he was not able to get nearly as ripped as then, ok, then was he indeed lazy? lmao
    You can't maintain that "shredded" look and still be capable of doing a lot. It takes days of dangerous dehydration to shrink your fat cells to get that look. Body builders only look that "sharp" for the few days in and around an actual competition day, then they start drinking water again and their fat cells return to normal, padding out their physique. And while you're that dehydrated, exertion's dangerous. You can't really do action scenes; you don't have the energy.

That's the bit you apparently can't understand. Chris Hemsworth doesn't look like his shirtless scenes through 98% of the shooting of a Thor movie. He looks more like Huerta does in the film.

But what do I know, I just quoted Chris Hemsworth's trainer on the process, specifically with regards to Hemsworth himself.

I don’t know a brick wall atleast has a solid foundation instead of flip flopping at the drop of a hat.
    Some kind of indestructable Jello mold, maybe
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Some kind of indestructable Jello mold, maybe
    "Aww come on, there's always room for Jello"

well there's my ghostbusters 2 reference, now I'm off :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-11-23 at 09:36 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't maintain that "shredded" look and still be capable of doing a lot. It takes days of dangerous dehydration to shrink your fat cells to get that look. Body builders only look that "sharp" for the few days in and around an actual competition day, then they start drinking water again and their fat cells return to normal, padding out their physique. And while you're that dehydrated, exertion's dangerous. You can't really do action scenes; you don't have the energy.

That's the bit you apparently can't understand. Chris Hemsworth doesn't look like his shirtless scenes through 98% of the shooting of a Thor movie. He looks more like Huerta does in the film.

But what do I know, I just quoted Chris Hemsworth's trainer on the process, specifically with regards to Hemsworth himself.
    Except he doesn't maintain a "shredded' look anywhere, lol, he doesn't need to be the rock, but he should be more ripped than what he show himself in the movie.

If the problem is getting to it, cast someone close enough so it gets easier to maintain a good shape, i think it should be the focus, since namor is shirtless most of time

so again, if they agree with you then it’s not that “ If you lie, and make shit up to say you like or dislike something, you should be called out”, it’s just that people are taking it to literally and it’s not a big deal, it’s only when people disagree with you that it should be called out.
    Except the only one ho lied, from the first commend was you saying he did say the actor performance was bad. But you get a free pass, and not him by just thinking the dude was kinda, lazy

7+ Year Old Account
    Except the only one ho lied, from the first commend was you saying he did say the actor performance was bad. But you get a free pass, and not him by just thinking the dude was kinda, lazy
    to say the actor was lazy is lying or being willfully ignorant, you just don’t care because you agree with him, but let’s go further with your own post.

Your original “people should be called out” stance was a lie, you only care about people who disagree with you. saying others were gaslighting was a lie you are the only one trying that. I’d say you “hearing that it was doing worse then love an thunder” was a lie and you just wanted to assert it was worse. It not being a big hit was a lie. Saying that the gap between wakanda and LaT isn’t that big is a lie.

And then there’s every single statement you have made on training muscle and what people go through to display as they do on screen which are willfully ignorant to the extreme.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-11-23 at 10:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    to say the actor was lazy is lying or being willfully ignorant, you just don’t care because you agree with him, but let’s go further with your own post.
    Kinda lazy.

Your original “people should be called out”
    And it was already done, it was called out, but it did not stop there did it? , people start saying it was "unrealistic expectations, yada yada, and it spiral towards many pages of pointless discussion. Things would not go thas far if it was just "hey, he was not lazy, he work out a lot, just was not able to get the hero shape like others did", point.

I’d say you “hearing that it was doing worse then love an thunder” was a lie and you just wanted to assert it was worse.
    Good thing i didn't say it was a fact, just that i heard it didn't perform that well, i was not making to pass as a fact, mere rumor, and people can show it wasn't just fine, sadly for you.

Like, totally not a confirmation and numbers can be wrong, but here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Universe_films

it does not show like it did better than Thor by example, grant it, we are only two weeks in, i could increase for sure.

It not being a big hit was a lie.
    Compared to other marvel movies, it does not seem like a big hit, in fact, i don't think any movie after NwH was a big hit, to say, this one was behind Doctor strange, even with all the milking on chad boswick dead

Case point people are discussing his body, not the movie, this is where people are standing their ground

And then there’s every single statement you have made on training muscle and what people go through to display as they do on screen which are willfully ignorant to the extreme.
    Saying he should be more ripped to play a hero is truly "willfully ignorant" this is where you people start a problem when there is none.

I believe they should have cast someone else and recast T'chala, but here we are
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-23 at 11:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    bullshit
    Man your really just linking the whole MCU to say it made less/wasn't a hit.... I'm just gonna quote witchblade because your not just a clown your the whole circus.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3523577345/
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3573908993/

in 12 days Black panther damn near caught up to entire 19 weeks of love and thunder domestically and not that far behind worldwide either.

but who cares about reality when you can make a claim that you "heard" something and then excuse it with "but that's just my opinion, and I'm totally not lying"