Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I'm kinda glad the fire one's not the first up if only because I'm kinda tired of fire as an enemy. Though I recognize that this means a later enemy will be fire instead.

Can't escape it either way I guess.
    I wish they would've done a water AND an ice dragon (twins maybe?) while skipping fire entirely. It would be poetic if Neltharion ended up being the the true fire incarnate AND it skips over the fire dragon trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The frost one is likely connected to a later patch IMO, as they will probably go to Northrend due to Wyrmrest/Galakrond being there/Titan shit/Sons of Hodir tabard datamined. Irikrond is clearly connected to Dragon Isles Underground 10.1 and the underground Dwarves being teased (also that mole model).
    Mole model? Think I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Not to mention that one is a robotic, cosmic entity that shouldn't have nipples to beginn with, and the others are mammals.
    It is such an awkward design choice. Who in the fuck looked at the legitimately good old Jailer design with the flowing beard and the like and decided "no, looks too Titanic, won't do. We need a giant vampire with big nipples"?
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-11-24 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It is nice to have a villain people can get excited over again.
    Right?
    I'm really happy that people can unite in making all this theories out of pure excitement. That's the feeling I've dreamed for a long time when it comes to WoW's lore.

It may not be perfect, even far from being flawless, but that down-to-earth vibes are so pleasent.

Ion once confirmed, that we should have a pretty good understanding on who is the main villian for the expansion once we play through the content of the 10.0. We have no confirmation of what lies beyond there, but it seems like it's just that - Primal Incarnates. And actually, I much prefer that over Galakrond ressurected or even Murozond. If they are able to pull that off - to give these antagonists a good background story and purpose - well, Dragonflight may shine relatively to the most recent expansion and I absolutely love it.

Also, the theory about Iridikron consuming some shit, possibly it's own sibilings giving the vibes of Galakrond, without a need to bring him back, already sounds like a good direction. After all, as far as we know, Galakrond grew, because he was drinking corrupted waters/ eating lots of shit. Also, Iridikron is an earth Primal Incarnate, which not only makes him resemble Neltharion by it's nature, but it would also make him prone to corruption? There's a reason they are teasing Iridikron as a pretty big issue, or maybe it's just a red herring.

Perhaps, we won't actually be able to defeat Iridikron in the end, which would make a smooth transition for 11.0 - Cataclysm 2.0/ world remake? Possibilities are endless, but when it comes to Dragonflight, Primal Incarnates being the main and probably only threat (apart from Infinite Dragonflight obviously) would be a good choice - much easier to handle both for players and, especially, developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Also, the theory about Iridikron consuming some shit, possibly it's own sibilings giving the vibes of Galakrond, without a need to bring him back, already sounds like a good direction. After all, as far as we know, Galakrond grew, because he was drinking corrupted waters/ eating lots of shit. Also, Iridikron is an earth Primal Incarnate, which not only makes him resemble Neltharion by it's nature, but it would also make him prone to corruption? There's a reason they are teasing Iridikron as a pretty big issue, or maybe it's just a red herring.
    Imagine Iridikron eating / devouring Wrathion or his competitors to complete the cycle. Would also solve the question of "who's the next leader of the Black Dragonflight".
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Imagine Iridikron eating / devouring Wrathion or his competitors to complete the cycle. Would also solve the question of "who's the next leader of the Black Dragonflight".
    Technically, it would solve it, no doubt about it
    But my gut feeling is that while the competition for leadership is between Wrathion and Sabellian, eventually it will be Ebyssian - which would be the cliche subvert the expectations type of storytelling. He's calm, patient, balanced and he seems to portray the very opposite of what other Blacks represent.

But still, Wrathion is such a chad, it'd be a pity for him to die/ not be the leader.
    But Iridikron devouring him would be... poetic

Here is an idea
    The Primalists are all about opposing Titan influence on the planet and about the elemental state being the natural state.
    What if the Incarnates major concern is not the work of the Pantheon? What if it is Azeroth herself?
    The most important influence on the planet is the world soul. The world soul deprived the planet of Spirit causing the elements to go aggressive, the world soul attracted the Pantheon, Old Gods, Burning Legion, some random bald dude. And perhaps when the world soul awakens she will irrevocably change the planet yet again. So maybe the end goal is not to just destroy the Aspects and the Keepers but the World Soul itself (or at least make certain it will never wake up)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is an idea
    The Primalists are all about opposing Titan influence on the planet and about the elemental state being the natural state.
    What if the Incarnates major concern is not the work of the Pantheon? What if it is Azeroth herself?
    The most important influence on the planet is the world soul. The world soul deprived the planet of Spirit causing the elements to go aggressive, the world soul attracted the Pantheon, Old Gods, Burning Legion, some random bald dude. And perhaps when the world soul awakens she will irrevocably change the planet yet again. So maybe the end goal is not to just destroy the Aspects and the Keepers but the World Soul itself (or at least make certain it will never wake up)
    So, basically the plot of the last three expansions, again?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

But my gut feeling is that while the competition for leadership is between Wrathion and Sabellian, eventually it will be Ebyssian - which would be the cliche subvert the expectations type of storytelling. He's calm, patient, balanced and he seems to portray the very opposite of what other Blacks represent.

But still, Wrathion is such a chad, it'd be a pity for him to die/ not be the leader.
    Having a 3e become the eventual Aspect would also avoid a potential problem of having to deal with players who chose the 'wrong' person to side with.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Wrathion not becoming Aspect would basically make him an antagonist (more than in the past), if not a villain. He's too proud and vain to accept such a defeat and still be our ally.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Wrathion leader, Ebyssian as advisor and running all the boring everyday stuff behind the scenes seems ideal to me from a practical PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Sargeras and N'zoth were less about destroying the World soul and more about corrupting it. The Jailer's goal also wasn't explicitly about killing Azeroth, but rather siphoning it's power to fuel his plans.

Only if they also try to harvest Azerite to power up their Big Elemental Magic of Doom.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Guys if we keep spamming the World Soul plotline maybe they will do something!
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wrathion leader, Ebyssian as advisor and running all the boring everyday stuff behind the scenes seems ideal to me from a practical PoV.
    I think both are too naive, really. Wrathion is like 12 years old, and Ebonhorn has spent his entire life confined to Highmountain with even less global experience than Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think both are too naive, really. Wrathion is like 12 years old, and Ebonhorn has spent his entire life confined to Highmountain with even less global experience than Wrathion.
    And the other option spend the last few decades in Outland. Not like there's a whole lot of possibilities, and i'd expect Ebonhorn to do a lot better at basic stuff than the little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And the other option spend the last few decades in Outland. Not like there's a whole lot of possibilities, and i'd expect Ebonhorn to do a lot better at basic stuff than the little kid.
    You don't see Ebonhorn anywhere in the Aspect promotional art they have done.

Wrathion will be the Aspect, Ebonhorn has no interest and Sabellian is just an another Sylvanas Loyalist scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Wrathion will be the Aspect, Ebonhorn has no interest and Sabellian is just an another Sylvanas Loyalist scenario.
    Which does not conflict in any way with what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

I imagine Sabellian will be negative towards Wrathion until a later patch when Wrathion does something or other to prove he is capable of being an aspect. Sabellian will then pledge his loyalty to Wrathion in order to ensure he becomes the best version of himself that he could be.

Wrathion being sidelined seems unlikely, and Sabellian being evil seems far too easy an out considering he makes perfectly valid points.
    Having both survive, and for Sabellian to accept Wrathion as aspect sounds like the kind of ending his arc needs. Learning actual maturity, and not just pretending to be.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Sargeras had that rapey vibe going for Azeroth but might also just kill her, bald dude wanted to use her as fuel for his universe reoriginator-inator, the old gods want to infect her and turn her into one of them, and finally the pantheon are apparantly just zealous wankers that want "educate" her into becoming like them, a nice and properly behaved and believing young titan lady.

So yeah smothering her in her infancy is not too creative, but it's not the exact same thing. Hell maybe they don't even want to kill her but would rather turn her into the titan equivalent of a braindead plant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine Sabellian will be negative towards Wrathion until a later patch when Wrathion does something or other to prove he is capable of being an aspect. Sabellian will then pledge his loyalty to Wrathion in order to ensure he becomes the best version of himself that he could be.

Wrathion being sidelined seems unlikely, and Sabellian being evil seems far too easy an out considering he makes perfectly valid points.
    Having both survive, and for Sabellian to accept Wrathion as aspect sounds like the kind of ending his arc needs. Learning actual maturity, and not just pretending to be.
    Maybe they will share the burden? That could ease Wrathion's fear of falling to the whispers alone too.

Sabellian simply has the much more impressive achievement list, as far as the black dragonflight is concerned; standing against the dark alone, rebuilding, biding and surviving where few else could.
    Meanwhile Wrathion was given much and more and also did various impressive things, but he kinda also almost ended the world with his rash stupidity.

Keep in mind they did that for That other powerful position as well, after various holders of the title fell to corruption. The warchief is no more due to its riskiness, maybe the ones directly responsible for the domain in which the old gods lie should not rule alone either.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-11-24 at 04:06 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.