Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    The 50 version doesn't have game time or boost, so it's 65 and that without the boost, the boost version is minimum 85 so are you going to miss the collection one for 5 euro?
    Since when is boost a required service? Since you call it a patch it means you already have a char. And if not, level one, like it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    To be Fair, BFA did only get one, Legion two. WoD None, Pandaria (Afaik) None, and Cata I dont remember. So, one cant actually talk about Traditionally here. But I think one Large Dungeon like Tazavesh, Mechagon or Karazhan would just be fine.
    but if the objective is to get more dungeon variety so you don't do the same ones all the time, rehashing 4 old ones every patch gets more bang for your buck than making a tazavesch/mechagon/karazhan. and we all know blizz likes to pinch some pennies these days.

I feel like this thread is not going the way OP thought it would go. Or it did and he did it for [REDACTED] ( )

If you buy collectors or think a level bosst and game time are part of the normal game it is your problem.
    I spend more than enough time in wow, even if i quit after the first patch, to make it worth it.

There are so many games in my Steam library i payed 50-60€ for and maybe played for 10 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I never bragged about m+? I bragged about world top 25 ranks in raiding on first kills. But whatever, you dont even raid so yeh.
    Where are you anywhere Near Top 25?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    But you ARE getting new content, and you ARE given updated old content to keep a fresh Mythic+ rotation. How hard is that to understand? You are so pampered that you get a new selection of dungeons every season, and a new combination of challenges every week.

You see, I'm doing a vast amount of content, so, your RIO is not what I look at.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/chara...20Dawn/Lochton
    https://www.dataforazeroth.com/chara...enor/Freakadin
    there's no point arguing with him, no point at all.

So on release we get the following:
    Level-Up Dungeons x4

Ruby Life Pools
    Brackenhide Hollow
    The Nokhud Offensive
    Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr

Max-Level Dungeons x4

Neltharus
    The Azure Vault
    Halls of Infusion
    Algeth'ar Academy

That is 7 brand spanking new dungeons on release and 1 reworked one.
    Now for Mythic + you get 4 of the DF dungeons and 4 dungeons from previous expansions, this to prevent burnout of the new DF dungeons amongst the Mythic + crowd, this changes per season.

Now add to the above a new continent, new factions, new talent trees, new profession system, new class and a new raid.

The game itself can have 3 prices based on what you want to spend.
    Base $49.99
    Heroic $69.99 (this gives you a level 60 boost valued at $60 plus mount and pet)
    Epic $89.99 (this gives you a level 60 boost, a mount, pet, transmog and 30 days of game time).

So the original poster is talking out of his ass with calling this a $90 patch.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    So on release we get the following:
    Level-Up Dungeons x4

Max-Level Dungeons x4
    anyone else find it really funny/stupid that they stuck us with just 4 dungeons to level up in for the entire duration of shadowlands, but have now added all 8 original dungeons as leveling dungones once the expansion is over?

sure hope they do that sometime mid-way the expansion this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    anyone else find it really funny/stupid that they stuck us with just 4 dungeons to level up in for the entire duration of shadowlands, but have now added all 8 original dungeons as leveling dungones once the expansion is over?

sure hope they do that sometime mid-way the expansion this time.
    This is cause story.
    The ones for leveling are set during the leveling experience. The max level ones are not it is that simple.
    Later on they don't care, with threads of fate they all became leveling ones, cause the "story" order no longer mattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No expansion has fucking done that. Not a one has added 8 post launch dungeons, Wotlk the highest at 4
    cata added 5 technicaly, though ZG was just slightly reworked and ZA was straight almost the same as when it was raid, only 3 were purely new

You know... so much pointless arguing... we have a saying in my country. Stupid is not the one who asks, it's the one who gives. So if it's not worth it for you, don't buy it. If you end up buying it anyway, it's on you.

This is cause story.
    The ones for leveling are set during the leveling experience. The max level ones are not it is that simple.
    Later on they don't care, with threads of fate they all became leveling ones, cause the "story" order no longer mattered.
    you sure it was with threads of fate? pretty sure i leveled at least one character outside timewalking post-threads of fate and i couldve sworn it was just the 4 dungeons.

laughable links
    you have ONE purple parse from m+ for whole SL...
    holy shit i expected little and its still less

- - - Updated - - -

I'm better than you, lochton and your friends TOGETHER...
    Facts.
    in lying and talking bullshit? not sure if better, but you surely do it MORE

but if the objective is to get more dungeon variety so you don't do the same ones all the time, rehashing 4 old ones every patch gets more bang for your buck than making a tazavesch/mechagon/karazhan. and we all know blizz likes to pinch some pennies these days.
    I´m all in for the Companie who Provides me with Service to actually Save Money, with Stuff people want, that means they can (not must, or will) spend the Money on other things. While the Tools for Making Dungeons obviously (should) have become Better, and the WorkFlow is (probably) way better than the time where we got/had more Dungeons, the Actual work that goes into these Dungeons Nowadays is at the same time much Higher, so a Dungeon is probably way more Expensive these days, than in Cataclysm or WoD.

I dont know (and dont really care) how much Money an average Dungeon Costs (That is something that is something that can be Quantified, and Internally Probably is)

But its Easy: Blizzard put out the Budget to make 8 Dungeons for DragonFlight, now people want more Variety in M+ Seasons. On Top of my Head, there are 3 ways this can be made Possible:
    1: Just have 4 Dungeons in the Rotation, and Rotate them Around.
    2: Create Additional Dungeons. This however Eats into the Budget of the Other Dungeons, so if you would have 8 More Dungeons, all 16 Dungeons would get half as much work as only 8. You can Argue about the Quality we get/got as much as you want. This is the Reality, 16 Dungeons = Half Work on Each Individual Dungeon. Or we get 2 Versions of Each(most),l ike in Lichking.
    3: Cycle in Old Dungeons to Revisit them. This takes alot less work than creating new Dungeons, while Providing Similar Quality.

I am not (and dont want to be) a Person who always goes on how a Company should Spend the Money I pay them for. As soon as they get my Money, and its theirs. For all I care they could Pile up all the Money they get and Burn it. As long, as I have my fun playing World of WarCraft, and its enough to for me Justify the amount I pay. All is good.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2022-11-24 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there's no point arguing with him, no point at all.
    Naw, I figured. Ah well. He thinks in one track, so I have all the freedom in the other tracks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    cata added 5 technicaly, though ZG was just slightly reworked and ZA was straight almost the same as when it was raid, only 3 were purely new
    Guess you are right, although hour of twilight and end time were also just already existing areas altered.

- - - Updated - - -

you sure it was with threads of fate? pretty sure i leveled at least one character outside timewalking post-threads of fate and i couldve sworn it was just the 4 dungeons.
    I am pretty certain, as long as you selected threads, but maybe that was a later change, cause I 100% did it before the prepatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I only payed 50 dollars not sure what op is talking about and no you don't need to have the higher tiers to play just base.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't mind the old dungeons that much tbh, aside from how massive the balance difference between them was in s4.

but traditionally expansions get 1-3 new dungeons during the expansion and i can totally see that not happening anymore now.
    With the snips of patch info, I can foresee 2 dungeons added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I only payed 50 dollars not sure what op is talking about and no you don't need to have the higher tiers to play just base.
    OP just has some luxury problems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    its 50 which seems reasonable

unless you like to buy massively overpriced cosmetics like mounts for 25 dollars/euros (LOL) wow is fairly cheap entertainment

Guess you are right, although hour of twilight and end time were also just already existing areas altered.
    fair enough for HoT, but end time was quite fairly altered, though yes, it wasnt purely new
    so patch dungeons:
    TBC - 1
    wrath - 4 (one of them tiny in the same room as raid)
    cata - 1 new, 4 reworked, and 2 of release dungeons were reworked old
    panda - none? feels incorrect, am i missing some? and 3 release were again reworked old
    wod - none
    legion - 3, one of them mega and one of release being rework
    bfa - 1 mega
    sl - 1 mega

and yet some people claim 3+ is norm or that they should ad at least 16
    some "people" are so out of reality its sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Only cost me a few tokens, not sure what you're crying about.