Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I seem to wear the LGBT pride TOY every time I go into combat....
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I’ve also found Devastation to be a bit boring, rotation wise, but I’ve only done 1 due from and then the pre patch event.

My hope is that the additional talent points will at least make decisions between skills more interesting. Right now it seems like you either go buff deep breath route or buff disintegrate route. The two capstones are mutually exclusive until we have more points.

Hitting both capstones won’t add abilities, but it may make the rotation more interesting.
    The problem is, nothing in the bottom part of the tree does that. The Capstones are not interesting and don't change much besides shifting your priority a little bit - this is a thing that has been brought up since early beta.

Hoarded Power does nothing for a capstone talent and really shouldn't be there at all. Iridiscence is kind of a one way route because depending on the situation your pick for empowered spell is very limited overall. In most cases this will be Eternity Surge into double Disintegrates unless in a heavy AoE scenario where you might play a build focused on Pyre - the choices are very limited. And Feed the Flames / Everburning Flame doesn't feel like a capstone either.

Something like Shattering Star, Eternity Surge or even Snapfire feels way more capstone-worthy, but then you would either lack basic skills or other options. Heck, Scintillation feels more of a capstone than any of the actual capstones (and damage wise it seems to contribute more than them as well). Overall the talent tree for Devastation is just so boring, not only compared to most other DPS specs, but especially when compared to Preservation.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Could someone summarize for me how this thread got this far if all I did was say dracthyr has zero mobility??
    p.s: BUT later (advised by many) I put all possible points to optimize HOVER and mobility was ok... as I said in the update.

Oh, I also said that the range of skills is very short (only 25 yards) and that the reptilian spells bring all the colors of the rainbow... and I find it quite strange. I seem to wear the LGBT pride TOY every time I go into combat....
    Are you really asking us to recap the conversation in a thread you started?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone summarize for me how this thread got this far if all I did was say dracthyr has zero mobility??
    p.s: BUT later (advised by many) I put all possible points to optimize HOVER and mobility was ok... as I said in the update.

Oh, I also said that the range of skills is very short (only 25 yards) and that the reptilian spells bring all the colors of the rainbow... and I find it quite strange. I seem to wear the LGBT pride TOY every time I go into combat....

If you actually cared about the thread topic you started, instead of just posting ramblings and edgy hot takes, you wouldn’t need a recap. I suggest next time maybe don’t post everything that pops into your head.

Stopped reading after "zero mobility", which was the third/fourth word. Obvious troll, no idea why he got fed for 11 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it easier to play the class with mouseover casting and nameplates on. Esp. as Preservation, you get a better idea of who and where you’ll move to.

Healing frames won’t help much with optimizing breath, blossom, rescue, embrace, and temporal anomaly. More action oriented, definitely not for everyone.

These "I just want to play a dark ranger" posts are getting more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I’ve also found Devastation to be a bit boring, rotation wise, but I’ve only done 1 due from and then the pre patch event.

My hope is that the additional talent points will at least make decisions between skills more interesting. Right now it seems like you either go buff deep breath route or buff disintegrate route. The two capstones are mutually exclusive until we have more points.

Hitting both capstones won’t add abilities, but it may make the rotation more interesting.
    What are you on about? none of the capstones do that on devestation... any of that... there is also 3 capstones

also no you can go a blue (disin) or red (pyre) build, or a purple build (both) these builds of course also have all their own subgenres, just like the other trees, it is based on if you go left, right, or middle, and which you favor going into.

Dude, stop posting in this thread, seriously stop posting so much bullshit lol. You have posted so many fucking times and managed to make yourself look more and more fucking stupid every time. You don't like Dracthyrs, we get it. You personally dislike them, good for you, many people do. But honestly it sounds more like you're just a shit player and maybe would be better suited for Roblox.

Holy fuck this is cringe, you think a class made using all the aspects powers, red, blue, green, bronze and black is "LGBT pride"
    lol what the fuck?
    Idk if you are colourblind, but those 5 colours are not infact "all the colours of the rainbow" especially since one of them isnt even on the fucking rainbow...

and again, you speak bullshit about mobility, no one is gunna listen when you originally said they had none.
    they have the most mobility out of any caster, and more then even most non-casters, with the only ones even competing with them being BM hunter, havoc dh, and ww monk. the 3 most mobile specs in the fucking game.

but here, let me summarize the thread for ya.
    OP makes a ton of weirdly random and dumbass homophobic comments.
    Op also thinks a rainbow is made out of red, blue, green, yellow... and black?
    Op claims one of the most mobile classes in the game to date has no mobility
    OP makes tons of claims about a class playing a specific way, when it actually plays the opposite
    Everyone calls OP out on it, but Op just says "lol ok" and repeat.

Mobility isnt bad, sure isnt a WW Monk.

But I cant fathom how boring is to be a """"""""""""""""""dragon""""""""""""""""""""""" that cant play a melee/claw and teeth spe.

--------

Now Dracthyr is truly a gay, not the sexual meaning, but the old english one, too much colors which it doesnt seems to fit the arctype of a dragonesque class? - i get they blend all aspect (beside black LMAO why???) but doesnt work that well, surely has cool effects but that doesnt make a class gameplay.

just to avoid any ignorant mod or user report

Now people can enjoy this and that is fine too but imho should have been cooked a bit more with a tank/melee spec and different color scheme based upon the skin
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2022-11-24 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Mobility isnt bad, sure isnt a WW Monk.

But I cant fathom how boring is to be a """"""""""""""""""dragon""""""""""""""""""""""" that cant play a melee/claw and teeth spe.

--------

Now Dracthyr is truly a gay, not the sexual meaning, but the old english one, too much colors which it doesnt seems to fit the arctype of a dragonesque class? - i get they blend all aspect (beside black LMAO why???) but doesnt work that well, surely has cool effects but that doesnt make a class gameplay.

Now people can enjoy this and that is fine too but imho should have been cooked a bit more with a tank/melee spec and different color scheme based upon the skin
    Hah, now that explains the gayness.
    I wonder if i could design a drac'thyr to resemble an actual christmas tree with the right customisations and talent build.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Now Dracthyr is truly a gay, not the sexual meaning, but the old english one, too much colors which it doesnt seems to fit the arctype of a dragonesque class?
    Why? WoW dragons are colorful since forever (as is their magic); it only makes sence that a class wielding all of the aspects powers will combine those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What are you on about? none of the capstones do that on devestation... any of that... there is also 3 capstones

also no you can go a blue (disin) or red (pyre) build, or a purple build (both) these builds of course also have all their own subgenres, just like the other trees, it is based on if you go left, right, or middle, and which you favor going into.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, the leftmost capstone has 2 options; 1 is Feed the Flames and its description is "Red Spells extend the duration of your Fire Breath's damage over time by 1 sec."
    You are correct that none of the capstones directly buff Disintegrate, but the way I read the others is that you are encouraged to cast Disintegrate often due to the way they work, like not consuming essence burst which, if you go the the blue route of the tree most of your skills seem to go towards buffing Disentegrate or casting it more often for less essence. Again, if I am misunderstanding, I'm fine with that. I have not done deep study on this class.

My interpretation of the tree has 100% been based on my own experience, I haven't looked at any guides or ideal talent builds. I don't plan on maining an Evoker so I'm just fiddling around and doing what seems fun. If my understanding of the class is lacking, I apologize, but I do think the capstone does what I said.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this thread is a test to see how far he can get get into the hate speech angle before getting banned

i get they blend all aspect (beside black LMAO why???) but doesnt work that well, surely has cool effects but that doesnt make a class gameplay.
    Yeah slightly disappointed in the lack of black dragon skills and wish there were more. There are only 3 talents that are black dragon skills; Landslide, Oppressive Roar, and Obsidian Scales.

Anyone wanna tell these people that WoW is actually a colourful game and not this drab and grimdark thing they think it is.

Also nobody uses the word "gay" with the old meaning in mind anymore. We all know why you're using the word.
    Last edited by Shara Ishvalda; 2022-11-24 at 05:52 PM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Why? WoW dragons are colorful since forever (as is their magic); it only makes sence that a class wielding all of the aspects powers will combine those colors.

It’s a shame what they did to Nozdormu with his new model.
    The color of his old one looked way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Haven't tried them myself yet, but they look so ugly and cringe that I kinda dont want too..

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Haven't tried them myself yet, but they look so ugly and cringe that I kinda dont want too..
    they're not that bad honestly. it plays similar to elemental shamans except its got some quirks to the rotation thrown in by their resource mechanic and the enhanced abilities. by the time we're 70 there should be enough talent points to buff hover a bunch. I'm not sure how their enhanced abilities work in pvp but they have some great resilliance and in pve they seem to have great burst damage as well as all around good damage.

compared to dk, monks, and dh's they're not that overpowered for being introduced. I'm not sure if the 25 yard range will be a hinderence or not, time will tell

I have heard the healing is difficult and not for everyone but that also is just about everything outside of druid/holy priests