Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Im only at the third gym so my opinion might change but so far these are the best pokemon games since gen 6 outside the technical issues,

i havent had much but i have had slow downs, pop ins, frame drops. small stuff but it adds up.

- - - Updated - - -

im nuzlocking it by rolling a dice and using that to pick my pokemon in each area excluding old pokemon
    How do you handle trainers since they dont aggro on sight any more? Pretend they have a aggro circle?

Also dont do the same mistake and go for dolphin...you cant evolve this thing without some online nonsense that needs codes.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    You mean a nuzlocke?
    That sort of players usually come prepared and stacked with "PokeDolls" especially for this kind of run-ins.
    @Auxis that's one thing i didn't notice at all... but then again my starting experience was pretty much a race to the earliest moment i could get a Dratini xD
    lol, when was the earliest you could get it?

On the starter pokemon "issue" I found, went back and rewatched it. It looks like a weird perspective issue.

Found my first shiny! It's a Hoppip, and its cute.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2022-11-23 at 12:13 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    How do you handle trainers since they dont aggro on sight any more? Pretend they have a aggro circle?

Also dont do the same mistake and go for dolphin...you cant evolve this thing without some online nonsense that needs codes.
    There are groups for that, also it can be done locally with two switches.

Even then, once you get 5 star raids, you can find Palafin in those.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

On the starter pokemon "issue" I found, went back and rewatched it. It looks like a weird perspective issue.

My luck is weird, i just got a 3th one.

Anyway right now i have:
    Spidops --- coloring makes him look like a spiderman.
    Bellibolt --- he is just yelloy
    Houndstone (fresh catch) --- Skeleton dog with just a bit dark yelloy color

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Start picnic.

Wash Pokémon.

They are healed.
    It heals them but doesn't restore pp or remove status effects.

My only shiny is a Rockruff.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-11-23 at 08:31 PM.

i always try and fight every trainer no matter how i play so when i see a trainer i just go up to him

- - - Updated - - -

i caught a shiny shinx on my way to the second gym! i was about to send out a pokemon to auto battle and saw it and was like NOOOO DONT KILL IT! lol

- - - Updated - - -

one of the bugs i keep getting is ill send out a pokemon to auto battle and sometimes theyll just stand there and wont move or anything. sometimes i have to walk around and throw my pokeball multiple times before the pokemon will unfreeze and actually do stuff

- - - Updated - - -

when i first heard about auto battling i thought it was kinda weird but in practice its actually really nice. its great for grinding up new team members in my nuzlocke when i catch a new mon i can just run around and have it tear through packs of pokemans and its a great way to get through mob heavy areas and still get some exp without feeling like you just fought the 30th zubat in a cave run

- - - Updated - - -

i do wish the autobattling had better ways of handling type matchups though like maybe taking into account the moves typings? theres been instances where ill send a pokemon to autobattle and its a type its not strong against and it will come back to me but say i ACTUALLY battled that pokemon? well my pokemons a couple levels higher and has a supereffective move and i one shot them.

still a really nice feature though. wouldnt make sense in older games with the random battles but fits perfectly for this game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    i always try and fight every trainer no matter how i play so when i see a trainer i just go up to him

- - - Updated - - -

i caught a shiny shinx on my way to the second gym! i was about to send out a pokemon to auto battle and saw it and was like NOOOO DONT KILL IT! lol

- - - Updated - - -

one of the bugs i keep getting is ill send out a pokemon to auto battle and sometimes theyll just stand there and wont move or anything. sometimes i have to walk around and throw my pokeball multiple times before the pokemon will unfreeze and actually do stuff

- - - Updated - - -

when i first heard about auto battling i thought it was kinda weird but in practice its actually really nice. its great for grinding up new team members in my nuzlocke when i catch a new mon i can just run around and have it tear through packs of pokemans and its a great way to get through mob heavy areas and still get some exp without feeling like you just fought the 30th zubat in a cave run

- - - Updated - - -

i do wish the autobattling had better ways of handling type matchups though like maybe taking into account the moves typings? theres been instances where ill send a pokemon to autobattle and its a type its not strong against and it will come back to me but say i ACTUALLY battled that pokemon? well my pokemons a couple levels higher and has a supereffective move and i one shot them.

still a really nice feature though. wouldnt make sense in older games with the random battles but fits perfectly for this game
    I think if you are Nuzlocking these games, you should do the honorable thing and fight every trainer. It's a no brainer as you generally want or need exp in normal Nuzlockes, but as the game doesn't force you into any generic trainer battles, it only seems right to do them all.

----
    I've heard that auto-battling pokemon hesitate when trying to attack a shiny pokemon. Obviously trusting your pokemon to NOT kill a shiny pokemon is a wild idea, but it's nice to think that something is in place to stop it from happening.

I had 1 badge and 2 titans down (which is the main blocker, since you need swimming).
    My Team was around level 25 (Scovillain and Toxel). Strolled into the big lake and engaged a wild dratini.
    Luckily they come with 3 status moves and Dragon Rush + the AI is pretty bad so it refrained from dragon rush-ing my team down.
    Repeat the process 1 more time to get the opposite gender.
    Went into the picnic and then hatched an egg.

It was a 1 hour detour, but felt rewarding as i could from there on play the game how i saw fit.

On a separate note: Has anybody figured out how wild tera pokemon respawns work?
    Internet says it's daily... but sometimes they just don't show up.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2022-11-24 at 12:54 PM.

I've heard that auto-battling pokemon hesitate when trying to attack a shiny pokemon. Obviously trusting your pokemon to NOT kill a shiny pokemon is a wild idea, but it's nice to think that something is in place to stop it from happening.
    Yeah autobattles don't kill shinies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 1 badge and 2 titans down (which is the main blocker, since you need swimming).
    My Team was around level 25 (Scovillain and Toxel). Strolled into the big lake and engaged a wild dratini.
    Luckily they come with 3 status moves and Dragon Rush + the AI is pretty bad so it refrained from dragon rush-ing my team down.
    Repeat the process 1 more time to get the opposite gender.
    Went into the picnic and then hatched an egg.

It was a 1 hour detour, but felt rewarding as i could from there on play the game how i saw fit.

On a separate note: Has anybody figured out how wild tera pokemon respawns work?
    Internet says it's daily... but sometimes they just don't show up.
    Tehnicaly you dont need it. You can climb the mountain and then go down into area with bambus and all you have to do is trow balls at them (its high lvl area tho).

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf is this ending credits song.

- - - Updated - - -

They also fucked up credit scrolling. Its laggy lol.

It is a technical trainwreck, but despite it all, pretty good Pokémon game. One of the better stories too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo never stops to surprise me, every time i think the pokemon design can't get worse they shut me up. I know it doesn't matter for most, but it take away 70% of my fun in those games, one of the reasons i never finished moon/ultra moon, despite being an ok game.

So sad there is tons of artists doing an amazing job in creating fakemons, they could call those people if the wheel is running dry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nintendo never stops to surprise me, every time i think the pokemon design can't get worse they shut me up. I know it doesn't matter for most, but it take away 70% of my fun in those games, one of the reasons i never finished moon/ultra moon, despite being an ok game.

So sad there is tons of artists doing an amazing job in creating fakemons, they could call those people if the wheel is running dry
    This game is weird as hell tho:

That pokemon looks like a freaking P.....

The worst design this generation i would say goes to Scovillain for sure.

I like a lot of the new mons and sword and shield was only worth a damn because of how much i liked some of the new pokemon just because you dont like them doesnt mean theyre bad. There are pokemon i like and dislike in every gen. Personally gen 4 is a gen im not super fond of most of the designs for
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I like how the profile page tells you how many shiney pokemon you battled. I'll forever be haunted by the 1 I apparently killed without ever knowing. Was probably something like the Charcadet where the only difference is the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a lot of the new mons and sword and shield was only worth a damn because of how much i liked some of the new pokemon just because you dont like them doesnt mean theyre bad. There are pokemon i like and dislike in every gen. Personally gen 4 is a gen im not super fond of most of the designs for
    This. Greavard's evo, I've seen plenty of ppl trashing that "it just gets bigger" or "it's literally my moms dog" etc. But it has absurd sweeping capabilities in the second half of a match (sand rush + a ghost type move that increases in power by 50 for every tainted party member).

Palafin looks goofy AF, but if you pull of its form change you've got a 650 BST mon.

@Yunru completely agree on Scovillain. Its growing on me a bit but Xenoverse completely ruined any possible attempt by GF at designing a chilli pokemon, it even has a lil mustache like a villain or devil (I guess more devil due to the tail tip):

Last edited by Auxis; 2022-11-25 at 12:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This game is weird as hell tho:
    I herd it have a lot of bugs and seems like it was rushed, doesn't help either because its done for switch, and have limitations of the console.

The worst design this generation i would say goes to Scovillain for sure.
    I saw some of then and they are rly awful, there is some you can save, but the end of the day they suffer from the same effect pokemon is having lately, seems like they are running out of ideas and don't want to ask for other artists help, thats why there i so many 'variants" of the ones we had. Pokemon minecaft, a bird with a harpoon, come on. not Even the dunsparce evolution they did right

I mean, i can throw back at you and say just because you like then doesn't mean they aren't bad.

Pokemons lately are exaggerated with so much stutf put on then to look wacky and fancy, they barely look like animals, in fact, there is some that are straight up machines looking, The design is getting bad, like i said, maybe because they are running out of ideas, but i think its extremely weird to see artists doing entire unique fakedexes that are better than the originals

@Yunru completely agree on Scovillain. Its growing on me a bit but Xenoverse completely ruined any possible attempt by GF at designing a chilli pokemon, it even has a lil mustache like a villain or devil (I guess more devil due to the tail tip):
    Completely agree. GF has borked it with Scovilain... It would work as a middle evolution into something alike Scovile...
    but for some reason they considered it a good idea to give a middle stage to that Pawmi thing.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess next anime will have Ash again....i dont mind team rocket tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Wtf is this ending credits song.
    You don't have Ed Sheeran write a song for and use Pokemon without using it somewhere in the game.

Honestly, I am fine with it. There are tons of games that use song in their credits. I mean the first Dragon Age has This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars in its credits. So, Celestial at least feels like a song that fits with the Pokemon world.

Also, they did announce that the song would be in Scarlet and Violet. So, it was pretty certain to be in the credits.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess next anime will have Ash again....i dont mind team rocket tho.
    It is just a teaser, but we will see.

Also, just because Team Rocket is in the new series doesn't mean Ash will be as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agree. GF has borked it with Scovilain... It would work as a middle evolution into something alike Scovile...
    but for some reason they considered it a good idea to give a middle stage to that Pawmi thing.
    I don't hate Scovillian, but I do agree that it could be a middle stage.

Also, I don't get the Pawmi - Pawmo - Pawmot thing, especially given that you can get Pawmot a level after you get Pawmo.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code