Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I mean yeah, he is trolling and keeps trolling. Last edit mentions 35 yard spells range so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yeah slightly disappointed in the lack of black dragon skills and wish there were more. There are only 3 talents that are black dragon skills; Landslide, Oppressive Roar, and Obsidian Scales.
    deep breath too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    deep breath too.
    Still feels underrepresented especially since it was the black dragon that made them.

@Fantazma thought you already quit since you stopped posting
    Hes like the same person who tells hes quitting twitter but continues to talk on twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    Still feels underrepresented especially since it was the black dragon that made them.
    whole point was it was supposed to fill the gap in his army.

if your army is mostly power X
    if you are making a new unit with QWYZ then why waste precious resources giving them a ton of X, if you already have an obscene amount of troops with X.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    ...how boring.

Zero mobility, a super colorization of skills that makes it look like this gecko has swallowed a rainbow.
    It is a ranged class with only 25 yards and zero mobility. How to solve the problem? You have to keep healing like crazy.
    Soar has a 5 fucking minute cooldown. Seriously? I'd rather forget that the only cool skill can't be used when we want it because it's still on cooldown. And why the hell can't the Dractyr form use my Hunter's mail xmogs?? The shape of the body?? Why... it's the same type as the worgen.
    Oh, and I thought the worgen was clumsy walking... but Dractyr outdid himself.

And to think that with 10 times less time and resources they could have made a super fast class, really dark and menacing and with more badass spells than we can imagine... (Oh! Did anyone think about Dark Ranger?).

Just sad. I already deleted my Dractyr. Congratulations if you have fun controlling a gecko more paralyzed than a pole and spitting rainbow balls.

[[[ UPDATE ]]]

Okay everyone!!!!

I tested it again following the tip this time to spend as many points as possible to buff the Hover.
    Well... mobility has improved, but the same mobility is still rubbish compared to the Hunter BM (To be honest, even the Hunter MM is faster and as you don't have to spend a lot of talent points to be able to move it's efficient in the DPS).
    Finally, updating:
    Dractyr (if you spend a lot of points to buff the Hover that could follow a trail to improve other stats) has nice mobility but still quite a long way from other ranged classes.
    It follows a rubbish concept with a ranged of only 25 yards that drives you crazy. It's very vulnerable.
    As a fan of the dark anti-hero archetype... I made a Dractyr as dark as possible... but every time it uses a different fire spell, rainbows come out everywhere and I HATE planting flowers.

The gecko walks awkwardly, reminding me a lot of my uncle Valdomilson when he's dying to go to the bathroom.
    It still gives me nightmares to think that Blizz wasted so much time and resources creating a dragon with sharp claws and teeth... that with the exception of 2 or 3 skills, everything else resembles a mage of colorful flowers in the eternal garden of happiness..!
    score: 2/10.
    p.s: I already deleted this second Dractyr too.
    p.s: It's fun to kill Dractyr in BGs with my rogue. Easy to kill and well... killing something you hate makes everything taste better.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say what I would do to fix this tragic idea called Dractyr Evoker:
    1 - Spell range needs to increase to at least 35 yards.
    2- The mobility he gains by spending several points to buff Hover should be a passive and natural mobility of the class.
    3 - For God's sake create a darker or more menacing spec. Every time I needed to spit that rainbow up, I felt like Blizzard was trying to make me feel like a little pink pony.
    4 - Blizzard, we'll all understand if you find it easier to delete the Dractyr and simply put a Dark Ranger in its place.

i see a long post and think...might be good.
    Then i see a hunter, complaining about not having a other hunter spec and i am out.

Some classes zing with people, some do not.
    While looks wise i kinda agree with you.

I played as a healer and found it really fun so far.

but to each his/her/it own ( i refuse to say they)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinly veiled "I don't like how they look" thread...have you even played one?

Just to counterpoint, Max had a very fun talk with a bunch of super experienced players about specs in DF, and both Preservation and Devastation were rated A tier overall, for raids and M+, ranked both for numbers and design. Make of that what you will, but those specs are NOT regarded as disasters among the playerbase, even by competitive players.

EDIT: One thing I'd want to add here - which some people like Nyel might not understand - is that complexity is not synonymous with "good design". A class can have a rather simple rotation (like Devoker), but it can still be plenty fun and engaging to play by giving you the opportunity to maximize its potential with smart usage of cooldowns and making the most of its synergies. While Devoker's rotation on its own is not immediatelly enganing, the way its Mastery works - completely unique to any other class - makes it interesting to play in an actual raid/M+ environment, where you have to think of things happening in advance. If your idea of playing the Devoker is just "spamming Disintegrate", like Nyel wants to paint it, you're not going places, because you will be constanty loosing opportunities of making the most out of your Mastery (which defines Devoker's gameplay).

"Bad design" and "disaster class" is rather something like Shadow Priest at the moment - a class with very many buttons to press; complicated (if not convoluted) rotation; and several different ideas that conflict with eachother. THAT'S bad design. Devoker, on the other hand, is designed very well. It's solid, it has a very nice ooomph to its abilities, it has coherent rotation/spell priority, and it has enough nuances to show who the bad Devokers are, and who are the good ones. You may not like its gameplay, but if you think that's down to the class being poorly designed, you're just projecting your own ideas onto something that doesn't try (nor want) to be something you want it to be.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-11-25 at 09:04 AM.

Evokers are overall just too disappointing, with their rotation being the best part.

10 more talent points should further enhance the good gameplay, but whatever aspect you look at beyond that just feels lackluster.

There are simply too many missed opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Why? WoW dragons are colorful since forever (as is their magic); it only makes sence that a class wielding all of the aspects powers will combine those colors.

You are right and wrong at the same time.

Dragons come in various colors and that is due to their own Aspect bloodline + type of magic, so by this logic

red dragon > red scheme > fire breath
    blue dragon > blue scheme > arcane breath
    etc etc

The problem lies within the idea that Dracthyr are a "blending" of all aspect -black ; so they can use any type of aspect magic? if not it should have been tied to skin color

Bronze Dracthyr can dmg and heal but the color scheme should have been that

But then when you play them is literally a rainbow explosion, maybe some spells or unique spell like if it was "Power of Aspects" that use all the aspect power and it was a big CD

not every single spell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shara Ishvalda View Post
    Anyone wanna tell these people that WoW is actually a colourful game and not this drab and grimdark thing they think it is.

Also nobody uses the word "gay" with the old meaning in mind anymore. We all know why you're using the word.
    ye sure you know why they made drachtyr class and body type 1 2 by your same dumb logic then

if you are ignorant is not my problem

"WoW is actually a colourful game"

last expac was basically black and grey palette, jfc why these people even post
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2022-11-25 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    ye sure you know why they made drachtyr class and body type 1 2 by your same dumb logic then

I didn't know the only thing that exists in WoW is the Shadowlands. My bad, then.

Oops there's Bastion, Ardenweald and Zereth Mortis, none which are black and grey. But please forgive my ignorance. I also somehow strong-armed Blizzard into changing the genders into Body type 1 and 2... I am so deeply sorry.

I will never post in the forums again to spare everyone my ignorance.

Last edited by Shara Ishvalda; 2022-11-26 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shara Ishvalda View Post
    I also somehow strong-armed Blizzard into changing the genders into Body type 1 and 2... I am so deeply sorry.
    i laugh at some people being mad at that, nothing changed but the description that you see for whole 2-3 seconds when creating character... like how petty you have to be to care, let alone get mad at that?!

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Man, don't look now but you just gave me a bunch of skills that the evoker NEED TO PRESS to move like other classes move naturally. And we're talking about a dragon. Yes, I played the entire initial quest up to the part where we talk to that mage who never knows how to shave properly...!
    ... You need to press abilities?
    What? Why? Why would they make us press abilities to be mobile?
    Nobody else has that. Everybody else moves so naturally - like monks rolling whenever it's off cooldown without needing to press it, and mage blinks doing the same thing of course - I wish that warrior heroic leap was aimable though, that would probably make it stronger. Paladin horsie is pretty disorienting when you just randomly mount your horse, though, so I wish they were less mobile in that aspect - but I think DK has it just right. Death's Advance is just unnoticeable enough.

On a serious note, you're out of your mind. Probably trolling to be fair but, holy moly, that point was one of the most insane things I've read in months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i laugh at some people being mad at that, nothing changed but the description that you see for whole 2-3 seconds when creating character... like how petty you have to be to care, let alone get mad at that?!
    Certain brands of people are resistant to any change, no matter how minor. Especially related to gender conformity. It's pretty interesting, to be honest. Sometimes I like to look back on the posts of people like that and see how many other deranged posts they have about the woke mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    You are right and wrong at the same time.

Dragons come in various colors and that is due to their own Aspect bloodline + type of magic, so by this logic

red dragon > red scheme > fire breath
    blue dragon > blue scheme > arcane breath
    etc etc

The problem lies within the idea that Dracthyr are a "blending" of all aspect -black ; so they can use any type of aspect magic? if not it should have been tied to skin color

Bronze Dracthyr can dmg and heal but the color scheme should have been that

But then when you play them is literally a rainbow explosion, maybe some spells or unique spell like if it was "Power of Aspects" that use all the aspect power and it was a big CD

not every single spell

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands was decidedly not just black and grey.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Well, it's a LGQTBBWLBBC+++ expansion so what do you expect?