Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Doesn't seem to me like it's coming home.
    Baddiel and skinner aren't liars mate

2nd half have been a bit "meh" both teams lack the extra 'something' in the last 3rd. I do wonder if the ref forgot his yellow card at home though, had a few professional free kicks and stuff that could've earned one ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Timely reminder of why I don’t usually watch England men’s games. Can’t string 3 passes together and none of them can run.

Geez probably the worst game in this wc so far.

Wales probably the ones most disappointed with this England performance.

So game vs Iran was more of Iran's flop than England doing anything special .

With what we just saw it aint coming home, only thing coming home is England's team .

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Geez probably the worst game in this wc so far.
    Not even close. Poland vs Mexico was by far the worst, but Wales vs USA and Croatia vs Morocco are strong contenders as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    America played some proper Pulis Stoke ball, effective but fuck me is it dull to watch.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Third try, and England still can't beat the US in the World Cup.

One good thing this first week, Qatar,10 years to put a bid together 8 years and $22 billion of preparing. 5 days (and first team) to go out of completion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Third try, and England still can't beat the US in the World Cup.
    Ah who can forget the last time we met

You do like posting that pic every few years

Poor from England tonight, it's like we forgot how to play! Well played USA you were well organised and on balance should have won, but you needed the 3 points more than we did, so I will take the result.

Its not coming home quite yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    the ceremony was pretty entertaining, half empty stadium half time at a world cup is a big shame. the qatari team seems to be of semi amateur-ish league, the lads seemed to not know how to stand on the field ffs. not gonna get into how this country bought its place as a world cup host and how the stadiums are built on plenty of dead workers cuz it doesnt matter anymore, the World Cup is here and im excited to see as many games as i possibly can. no favorites, i usually cheer for italy but since they didnt qualify that's that, but i hope we get many great games. cheers to all
    "cuz it doesn't matter anymore" might just be the most apathetic psychopathic and straight up brain dead take I have heard in a long time.

even if we give you infinite benefit of the doubt on that statement, at best you would literally be the reason it doesn't matter anymore, cuz you consume the product that was made out of real human peoples lives.

You are welcome to be a garbage human being and consume whatever you want, we all do it wether we know it or not, Im sure I have a shirt made out of child slave labor somewhere, but completely disregarding the suffering you are now fully aware that you are directly supporting, that's just bad my guy, send me an invitation to ur funeral, I wanna come and piss on your grave just like you did to all the people who were enslaved and murdered to make the world cup happen.

This is the first World Cup I'm gonna be missing out on, looked the other way like the typical brain dead NPC I am all the other times FIFA stuck their hands in the corrupt honey pot, but this is just too blatant and too far.

US is still in bad position.
    It must win Iran.
    Yet Iran only needs a tie.

Long time ago, a win gives 2 points. a tie gives 1 point.

I was worried when Hendo and Grealish came in, they seemed to breathe some life into a dull English side. Can't say the same for Rashford.

Our boys put up quite a showing, imo. Everyone felt we played pretty positively, just without the skill of the English squad. Apparently our English posters think differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    One good thing this first week, Qatar,10 years to put a bid together 8 years and $22 billion of preparing. 5 days (and first team) to go out
    They are only the first team out since they play in group A. Costa Rica might finish worse.

Not that I really think Qatar deserved a World Cup or they are a good footballing team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Costa Rica came through the same qualifying region as America, Mexico and Canada, then beat New Zealand in the inter conference playoffs.

Maybe reduce CONCACAF to 3 spots and give the OFC a fixed spot.
    Not sure New Zealand would fair better. Then again maybe they would have.

Australia 1:0 Tunisia. Let's go, mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    US is still in bad position.
    It must win Iran.
    Yet Iran only needs a tie.
    So, maybe... these are the tiebreakers this world cup:
    1. Overall goal difference: Superior goal difference in all group matches
    2. Overall goals scored: Most goals scored in all group matches
    3. Head-to-head points: Most points in group matches between tied teams
    4. Head-to-head goal difference: In group matches between tied teams
    5. Head-to-head goals scored: Most goals scored in group matches between tied teams
    6. Disciplinary points ('Fair Play'): As per a FIFA formula based on yellow and red cards
    7. Drawing of lots

So a tie MIGHT be enough for Iran. If Iran ties they have 4 points. If Wales somehow defeats Engeland, they will also have 4 points but a better goal difference. Engeland will also be at 4 points, but to get to a goal difference of -3 (or -2 if Iran somehow manages to score at least 5 goals in their tie) Wales would have to beat them by 7 (6) goals, nearly impossible.

So IF Wales doesn't manage to defeat Engeland or defeats Engeland by 7 (6) goals or more, Iran is fine with a tie. Otherwise they better get those 3 points.

None of that matters to the US, they need to win or they are out. Wales needs Iran and the US to draw and needs to defeat Engeland. Engeland is fine with a draw and even a defeat sees them go through unless said defeat is damn massive.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2022-11-26 at 12:00 PM.

Saudi Arabia really wanna move on to next round

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I despise the country they're representing, that SA team is actually good. Can see them advancing to the final 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Poland not ending with 11 if they keep going like this.

- - - Updated - - -

That should've been a second yellow for Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    As much as I despise the country they're representing, that SA team is actually good. Can see them advancing to the final 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Poland not ending with 11 if they keep going like this.
    They definitely seems to be a team where "whole better than the sum of the parts" could be applied. Question is how easily their morale is broken if they suffer a defeat or struggle at some point from now on. They are riding high on their Argentina result and the crowd right now

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, that's a 2nd yellow =/

- - - Updated - - -

I do like that this ref takes no shit. You complain too much you get carded, wish we'd see more of that instead of those constant almost mosh pit scenarios you sometimes see.