Poll: Should Draconic form have both male and female body types?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "everyone who disagrees with me is trying to justify a fetish!"
    Yikes.
    Not the point. But why else would they like to put specifically only female human boobs (which is a highly sexualized trait) on a lizard?
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2022-11-16 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have preferred a distinct male and female body type. Having just one type is pretty boring (and lazy, let's be real).

Lizards do have sexual dimorphism, it's just generally less obvious than slapping boobs on some. Things like body length and head size for example. I don't think it's necessarily needed in general to be sexually dimorphic since you still wouldn't be able to tell at a glance which is which anyway if it's just 1 had slightly larger head or longer torso than the other.

And what kind of cattle are you looking at where there's no sexual dimorphism between cows and bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    In my book, doesn't matter, give it body types or what not, and then they can pick a visage form with whatever gender they want, doesn't matter, they are mutants anyways, created by a dragon who then wanted to destroy everything.
    But clearly the issue it seems largely in this thread is not whether it should have visible sexual dimorphism as much as the appearance really doesn’t work for quite a few.

To them it’s not about whether dragon races should show sexual dimorphism because they feel it is right, but rather because they prefer characteristics they can create that either reflects them and their natural sex or the one they want to roleplay.

You can argue that Dracthyr shouldntechnical have or should not. Technically they aren’t lizards, and we don’t even know how they reproduce.

They could have this androgynous model achievable in both body types.

But it is clear it is an intentional choice and not because it was difficult. After all Draconic form cannot equip gear, so it’s not like they needed to remodel gear for 2 genders and could have unified their animations too.

This does put more importance on visage form, so it is useful to have this a available for use in combat. But I’m. Not sure it should be in the global cooldown, this way you can macro out of it or at least switch back without losing output

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Lizards do have sexual dimorphism, it's just generally less obvious than slapping boobs on some. Things like body length and head size for example. I don't think it's necessarily needed in general to be sexually dimorphic since you still wouldn't be able to tell at a glance which is which anyway if it's just 1 had slightly larger head or longer torso than the other.

And what kind of cattle are you looking at where there's no sexual dimorphism between cows and bulls?
    I never said there was none. I said it is less obvious and. I was thinking in comparison to the extreme dimorphism of wow models in that male and female are very clearly visibly distinct silhouette wise etc rather than any typical species dimorphism.

After all not all humans have clearly distinguishable dimorphic characteristics. Mannerisms, style, fashion, lifestyle etc also go a long way.

Every 2 sex animal species has dimorphism to some degree or the other.

If we had a realistic portrayal of lizards through the Dracthyr Draconic form, it would also have. Therefore the decision not to isn’t grounded in scientific fact. It was a choice, an intentional one that follows the current trend in wow with regards to socio political activism of the day

- - - Updated - - -

Would it or should it have boobs? Maybe or maybe not, but after sitting in the fence over this for a while , I feel they should have make and female body options and I also have decided this would have been nicer and better , both.

You know i am suddenly reminded of "fishtits" Aszhara.

And their story is not dissimilar; humanoids raped infused with shape warping stuff take on more animalistic shape. And retain their mammalian dimorphism in this monstrous new form.

Which is not to say that i think that should be changed, but it is a rather conclusive rejection of the argument that their animalistic component can be used as an excuse to avoid sexual dimorphism.

Though i would not be opposed to seeing one of those deformed quadrupedal naga brutes put on stereotypical feminine behaviour for sjits and giggles.
    Idea: Naga brute wanders near blue dragon place, finds magical frosty arcane artefact that also increases its intelligence, turns out to be female, sings "Let it go!", builds ice castle.
    Bonus: Teaches us fancy frost magic customisations.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-11-24 at 05:21 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    You know i am suddenly reminded of "fishtits" Aszhara.

And their story is not dissimilar; humanoids raped infused with shape warping stuff take on more animalistic shape. And retain their mammalian dimorphism in this monstrous new form.

Which is not to say that i think that should be changed, but it is a rather conclusive rejection of the argument that their animalistic component can be used as an excuse to avoid sexual dimorphism.

Though i would not be opposed to seeing one of those deformed quadrupedal naga brutes put on stereotypical feminine behaviour for sjits and giggles.
    Idea: Naga brute wanders near blue dragon place, finds magical frosty arcane artefact that also increases its intelligence, turns out to be female, sings "Let it go!", builds ice castle.
    Bonus: Teaches us fancy frost magic customisations.
    Exactly. To claim that their animalistic like state justifies a lack of dimorphism is anfalalacy for this reason and many others.

Off course you can’t also prove that they should have dimorphism. But you can’t say they shouldn’t because they’re reptilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Dragons in WoW never had different sexes. So Blizz had it right when making them. Besides I'll most likely be in Visage form while not in combat.
    counterpoint you can play as a dragon rrerr.

I think blizz got it OK but I don't really think getting rid of the male/female button was a great idea, I sat there staring at the screen for a while trying to find the body type buttons
    Last edited by Sableye; 2022-11-25 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    counterpoint you can play as a dragon rrerr.

I think blizz got it OK but I don't really think getting rid of the male/female button was a great idea, I sat there staring at the screen for a while trying to find the body type buttons
    It def want a good idea. Token gesture that means little to the community they are supposedly trying to appease and more likely to put off the vast majority of their playerbase.

Looks like it was done for access media clout they think is publicity which means little to nothing to the actual players

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I never said there was none. I said it is less obvious and. I was thinking in comparison to the extreme dimorphism of wow models in that male and female are very clearly visibly distinct silhouette wise etc rather than any typical species dimorphism.

After all not all humans have clearly distinguishable dimorphic characteristics. Mannerisms, style, fashion, lifestyle etc also go a long way.

Every 2 sex animal species has dimorphism to some degree or the other.

If we had a realistic portrayal of lizards through the Dracthyr Draconic form, it would also have. Therefore the decision not to isn’t grounded in scientific fact. It was a choice, an intentional one that follows the current trend in wow with regards to socio political activism of the day

- - - Updated - - -

Would it or should it have boobs? Maybe or maybe not, but after sitting in the fence over this for a while , I feel they should have make and female body options and I also have decided this would have been nicer and better , both.
    They're lizards, why would they have boobs? Most lizards have less sexual dimorphism than humans do and the average person won't be able to tell the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but they should have at least two forms for people who want to choose between a more bulky and less bulky model. Three or four forms to choose from would be even better, character customization affecting the visual profile of the character gives more choice to the player about what their character looks like.

But that would require Blizzard actually putting more work into their rather pitiful character customization options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're lizards, why would they have boobs? Most lizards have less sexual dimorphism than humans do and the average person won't be able to tell the difference.
    I thought we established that this fantasy races have little to no bearing on PRECISE scientific portrayal and never have - and as such whether they shoudl have boobs or not is not dependent on any degree of reptialin association - such decision are entirely artistic based on social and cultural presentations.
    note I am not making an argument that a proposed female body type I am in favour of should have boobs. With or without boobs (on the female) either way, I feel they should have a male and female body types.

Do you agree?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like what? dragons with boobs? No thanks.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but how do you do that with a lizard? I mean what, boobs? Lizards don't have boobs. Long eyelashes? LOL. Maybe go the cheap cartoon way and put a ribbon on it to show it's a female.

Or maybe do like Bethesda with Argonians and put boobs on the females, and when questioned why female Argonians have boobs despite being lizards, just go "Hey, shut up."
    (real reason. They were too lazy to make a unique character model for Argonian females, so they just slapped lizard skin textures on the regular human female model)
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-11-26 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Yeah but how do you do that with a lizard? I mean what, boobs? Lizards don't have boobs. Long eyelashes? LOL. Maybe go the heap cartoon way and put a ribbon on it to show it's a female.

Or maybe do like Bethesda with Argonians and put boobs on the females, and when questioned why female Argonians have boobs despite being lizards, just go "Hey, shut up."
    (real reason. They were too lazy to make a unique character model for Argonian females, so they just slapped lizard skin textures on the regular female model)
    Naga are lizards and they prove that you can do that. Female Dragonspawn also attest to greatness of tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    Naga are lizards and they prove that you can do that. Female Dragonspawn also attest to greatness of tits.
    Holy shit. I'm legitimately horrified.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Haha, never thought I would agree with you. But yeah, that guy is nuts lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Fear not. Tits don't bite but you can bite them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Nuts. We have that in common.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-11-26 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Exactly. To claim that their animalistic like state justifies a lack of dimorphism is anfalalacy for this reason and many others.

Off course you can’t also prove that they should have dimorphism. But you can’t say they shouldn’t because they’re reptilian.
    Exactly.

Anyhow, fishtits is such a funny word.
    Fishtits fishtits fishtits.
    Sounds like fishsticks, doesn't even sound like anything sexual.
    Just makes me hungry for fish.

What were we talking about again.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    He's turning the topic of Dracthyrs into a true comedy, which is a good thing, actually (for people who enjoy current design), because noone will treat him with any modicum of seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    He's turning the topic of Dracthyrs into a true comedy, which is a good thing, actually (for people who enjoy current design), because noone will treat him with any modicum of seriousness.
    We cope the best we can!