Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    With the time skip there has already been longer time from the burning of Teldrassil than what it took to grow it and build Darnassus in the first place.
    I thought Darnassus wasnot build atop and just elevates while a tree grow? Temple im sure exist in island before the tree.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2022-11-24 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It stayed in CATA mode in the lore and in the game.
    Ashenvale literally went to alliance in MoP, the exact next exp after Cata, so for sure it did NOT stay in lore same as cata
    Or if u mean Tirisfal, as soon u ding 85 (or now 50? whatever), it changes to BFA status even if u don't go BFA zones at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I thought Darnassus wasnot build atop and just elevates while a tree grow? Temple im sure exist in island before the tree.
    no? the temple was built in Darnassus, unless the city itself existed before tree planted
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Camp Taurajo. We will never forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You put this on the wrong forum.
    The Lore sub-forum is gonna give you fantasy land answers. Try the general forums and there might be some ideas for content parity.
    The true answer is that the multi-billion dollar corporation can't be bothered to assign a few artists to build out a new city for a couple weeks. Getting by doing the least amount of effort required. Who cares about quality?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Only cities that matter are Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Current Expansion Hub. Others are never used by Blizz or Players
    The only reason why other players don't use other hubs because Blizzard keeps removing the functionality from them. GW2 has 30 player hubs and they're all populated because every hub has full functionality, so players sort themselves into whichever one they prefer the most. And thanks to phasing, they're always full.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Ashenvale literally went to alliance in MoP, the exact next exp after Cata, so for sure it did NOT stay in lore same as cata

Then "Exploring Kalimndor" came up and Blizzard said. "What is the best way to make the Kaldorei Fans angry and in the process show that the Horde hasn't learned anything.

I already know making them invade Ashenvale again."

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The only reason why other players don't use other hubs because Blizzard keeps removing the functionality from them. GW2 has 30 player hubs and they're all populated because every hub has full functionality, so players sort themselves into whichever one they prefer the most. And thanks to phasing, they're always full.
    The time that WoW Plays. I used Teldrassil, Undercity, and Orgrimmar.

If I went to Stormwind it was because blizzard forced me.

I think Blizzard is more interested in brainstorming ideas of how to destroy Stormwind/Ironforge, than giving Night Elves a new city.

Sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Sure thing!
    It's so touching too see how much stir can a single post make and how invested people are in the lore! Keep em' coming

My understanding is that Teldrassil was a small island and everything else was built on the tree.

Which is stupid. There is nowhere near enough time. Not to mention some locations in Teldrassil like the Oracle Glade are supposed to be much older. Also why do the Night Elf stone structures look so weathered? And how the fuck did they get that much stone that high that fast? Imo if they'd redo Teldrassil I would have wanted the island itself to be more substantial and the tree to be much smaller (similar to the other world trees or the ones in Ardenweald) with Darnassus either build by the trunk or raised on a hillside cliff with the branches of the tree framing the city; something like an Acropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My understanding is that Teldrassil was a small island and everything else was built on the tree.

Which is stupid. There is nowhere near enough time. Not to mention some locations in Teldrassil like the Oracle Glade are supposed to be much older. Also why do the Night Elf stone structures look so weathered? And how the fuck did they get that much stone that high that fast? Imo if they'd redo Teldrassil I would have wanted the island itself to be more substantial and the tree to be much smaller (similar to the other world trees or the ones in Ardenweald) with Darnassus either build by the trunk or raised on a hillside cliff with the branches of the tree framing the city; something like an Acropolis.
    I think that back in 2004 devs hadn't think about it to 18 years in advance. Just make something like a tree with city atop and be done with it.
    To me, if we are going to have new tree (I rather not, just empower Nordrassil with new seed and build actual city in Hyjal) - it should be not that big to carry whole city. Make it center of new NE city, like at art from Traveler

My wishlist is to deal big rebuild quest-chain for Night Elves. Cleanse Felwood, Hyjal and Darkshore. Felwood and Darkshore combined to new second location for NE, while Hyjal is starter location. And the third location been Ashenvale. I believe 3 locations per race is good enough for representing each race fantasy.

Like humans will get (remember, its my opinion) - Elven Forest ofc, Westfall and Duskwood.
    Dwarves - Dun Morogh, Loch Modan + Wetlands, Badlands (dwarves are explorers and there is Uldaman with all that excavations)

And so on. Give each race the "hub" to level to and fulfill race fantasy. Aside existing one ofc (Zandalar+Kul-Tirans).
    And for other locations - make it neutral with simple stories about zone, not some bad lad.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2022-11-25 at 09:22 AM.

Yeah that artpiece did look gorgeous and it could work much better. Have the city build on and around the tree instead of on top of it.

Was it not established that this was not the work of the Alliance, but rather rogue deserters defying orders? Or was it mercenaries, or false information? I seem to vaguely recall the Alliance having quests to deal with those who did the Camp Taurajo thing. But perhaps there was something else to it

But if so, seems odd to compare a Warchief-backed official military campaign by the Horde to burn an entire capital city's population of innocents alive, to a small camp being attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Was it not established that this was not the work of the Alliance, but rather rogue deserters defying orders? Or was it mercenaries, or false information? I seem to vaguely recall the Alliance having quests to deal with those who did the Camp Taurajo thing. But perhaps there was something else to it

But if so, seems odd to compare a Warchief-backed official military campaign by the Horde to burn an entire capital city's population of innocents alive, to a small camp being attacked
    Horde has no other examples of unjustified Alliance atrocities, so they cling to Taurajo till the end of time.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post

It was an alliance general who let the populous flee and said populous was killed by quillboars while fleeing.

The general in question got back lash from the rest of the alliance military for letting them go.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Remember that the Kaldorei use teleportation magic as normal.
    When the writers remember.

I think that back in 2004 devs hadn't think about it to 18 years in advance. Just make something like a tree with city atop and be done with it.
    To me, if we are going to have new tree (I rather not, just empower Nordrassil with new seed and build actual city in Hyjal) - it should be not that big to carry whole city. Make it center of new NE city, like at art from Traveler

My wishlist is to deal big rebuild quest-chain for Night Elves. Cleanse Felwood, Hyjal and Darkshore. Felwood and Darkshore combined to new second location for NE, while Hyjal is starter location. And the third location been Ashenvale. I believe 3 locations per race is good enough for representing each race fantasy.

Like humans will get (remember, its my opinion) - Elven Forest ofc, Westfall and Duskwood.
    Dwarves - Dun Morogh, Loch Modan + Wetlands, Badlands (dwarves are explorers and there is Uldaman with all that excavations)

And so on. Give each race the "hub" to level to and fulfill race fantasy. Aside existing one ofc (Zandalar+Kul-Tirans).
    And for other locations - make it neutral with simple stories about zone, not some bad lad.
    +100

For me the expansions should focus on doing this for the main races.
    Instead of visiting again a place that we are going to forget about in two years.

(Although they should have done it intelligently before... For example, mix the Expansion of the trolls with Zandalaris... The one with Dragons with Kaldorei and etc etc)

So climbing stones for them for sure is easy.

That sounds amazing honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Then "Exploring Kalimndor" came up and Blizzard said. "What is the best way to make the Kaldorei Fans angry and in the process show that the Horde hasn't learned anything.

I already know making them invade Ashenvale again."
    they did -.- ? /facepalm
    wtf is the state of anything
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    they did -.- ? /facepalm
    wtf is the state of anything
    In Exploring Kalimdor Horde apparently attacks Ashenvale despite their promises of being “just good guys misguided by bad Banshee into attacking the night elves”.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well thank god alliance is always so severly punished for their war crimes, like Jaina purged Dalaran, murdered civilians, tried to level Orgrimmar, and then she was told "bad Jaina!"? yeah such harsh punishment, how she will ever get over that... but at least it wasnt forgoten, now that she have even HIGHER position within both aliance and her kingdom which she betrayed (ofc not without reason)?
    or how Genn is not even told off for atacking ally during armistice without any provocation whatsoever?

you can say what you want, but horde at least depose the criminal leaders, alliance promotes them...
    she did not kill them. ....did she? thought she sent them to prison?

She wanted to level it, but did not do it. big difference. Garrosh wanted AND did it.

And lets talk about betraying someone. Why was Jaina so pissed? because she went overboard and defended the horde SEVERAL times. and each time the betrayed her trust or did something that hurt her. Like...eeuhh kill her father, using sun reavers to the bell, hurting anduin, theramore etc etc etc.
    Not saying she is perfect or not a villian. But you must not forget the reason for her betrayel.

and was genn not talked off? and yeah if he was not, that is bad.

euuhhh they did not depose them...they let a group of heroes do that form them...only after the alliance and even people in their faction rebel against them after mass murder.

Alliance kills soldiers and small groups of them. Horde burns down whole zones , and kills /try's to kill everyone in them or creates death camps! Even their own...ask:
    - undercity ( sylvannas bombing)
    - ashenvale
    - darkshore
    - teldrassil
    - theramore
    - gilneas
    - boralus ( which cause alliance to attack a horde city).
    - ogrimmar ( by garrosh)

to name just a few....

again not saying alliance is super good ( or jaina, tyrande etc). But saying motivation, context and results/actions differ A LOT between them all.

Blizzard doesn't seem to particularly care about racial capitals other than human/orc so even if there is a Darnassus replacement it'll never be a functional capital city because they want everyone to be in the same 2 cities.

they should make the worgen city into a real city, the building looks cool with that old london vibes

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    she did not kill them. ....did she? thought she sent them to prison?

She wanted to level it, but did not do it. big difference. Garrosh wanted AND did it.
    A few resisted and those she killed. The bigger issue was the Silver Covenant which hated the Sunreavers and possibly killed and definitely were very violent with quite a few Sunreaver civilians.