Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Geeze. Imagine dumping your friend over 25 years for the sake of a discord mod. Psychopathic.
    That's a gross oversimplification of the situation.

Like many "gaming duos" (ie:arin and jontron, colin and greg), they both handled things like man-children and neither are willing to bury the hatchet and make a good example for their kids. Ghost has always been quick to anger and Preach made the wrong call by siding with a faceless mod.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by SomalianWarlord View Post
    No, he quit because he was a trash player in a top end guild getting carried due to nepotism.

The latest raids were so hard they could no longer carry him, and he got benched. Then they immediately cleared the raid.

Preach's massive manchester chav wanker ego couldnt handle that, so he basically started screeching WOW BAD IM DONE FUCK THIS GAME FF14 GUD (and it happeneding right at the cusp of the allegations allowed him to kill 2 birds with one stone)

Now he's realizing no one gives a fuck about FF14 and his viewership and therefore income massively tanked (just go look at his youtube channel, FF14 vids barely get a thrid of the views).
    Bro is out here speedrunning the typical MMO-C poster lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Why do you think he knew?
    The fact that within the course of a single expansion he's calling Blizzard to ask if he can come to BlizzHQ at his own expense to do a video kind of tells me that he had no intention of ever actually stopping WoW content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Do you never change your mind? Have you never quit a game or whatever out of spite, to decide later that maybe you've overreacted? Are you aware that human beings have feelings that can change with time, and that they sometimes make mistakes or are unable to predict the future? Get off of your high horse.
    I change my mind about lots of things. I also don't make monetized videos which will be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. He could have "quit" WoW by simply stopping the production of WoW videos. Making a video and drawing attention to the fact seems performative at best and, like I said, grossly hypocritical and disingenuous at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You do realize everybody is a hypocrite right? There is not one person I know who's not changed their mind on something and back, that makes everybody a hypocrite.

Or even like giving people advice and then you do the opposite thing yourself. Every single person has done that I can guarantee it.
    Am I not allowed to call out something I view as hypocritical when I see it?

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    It wasn't true every other time they said it. I doubt it'll be true this time.
    They've never done what they're doing now before, what are you on about?

We'll see if their design goals are inherently driven by wow token sale expectations.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    There's so many people that want there to be hate between FFXIV and WoW. It's like the retarded console war. They also seem to think that WoW devs and FF devs hate each other or something. It's like some weird fantasy people have.
    I feel this. I cant mention anything aboy WoW around my ff friends or they go nuts. Same for WoW friends. Its like they dont understand that both can be played. Hell i still play lord of the rings online

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

Am I not allowed to call out something I view as hypocritical when I see it?
    Stop using this word, it clearly doesn't mean what you think it means.

I love how every content creator is simultaneously a hater who is bad at the game and massive shill.

Man, when Asmongold reacts to that video mmo-champion people will be really confused.

If you leave a comment like this you really need to ask yourself: Was that worth your time? Thats time you never get back, bro.

Not a fan of the hypocrisy of Preach coming back to WoW after announcing he was done
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    That is Preach in a nutshell. Performative and disingenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomalianWarlord View Post
    Preach was always pathetic, but this takes the cake.

Guess he finally realized no one gives a fuck about FF14 and it doesnt pay the bills, so now he's begging blizzard and crawling back to wow.

Imagine PAYING to visit and interview blizzard employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Wasnt he one of the guys who said they are done witht wow, cause blizzard bad?

Hes back now cause.... money?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    how he changed his tune, money talks i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Stop using this word, it clearly doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Nah, I think I'll keep on calling out hypocritical behavior even if it bothers you for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    If you leave a comment like this you really need to ask yourself: Was that worth your time? Thats time you never get back, bro
    Yeah, it's always worth my time to log onto a forum to share my thoughts. Thanks for asking, bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Preach on the front page, came in for the comments. What can I say? Stay classy MMO-C.

He was allowed to make an interview like none before. We've heard answers for some tough questions. We got informed / confirmed on how things are designed. We received information on how and if feedback is taken into consideration.

We received, I believe, a sincere admisson of people who are in charge, that they fcked up and wish to fix things that didn't work well.

And yet, people come here ignoring the mertis, the very essence of the interview, just to spit either on the interviewer or the interviewed, or even both of them. This is nuts.

Video was great, refreshing, bring some hope for brigther future, and I wish for more of these.

There is absolute ways a single person is holding back a raid.

Your comment just shows how ignorant you are about the game.

This is true for every MMO. A single guy not carrying his weight can cause failure.
    Last edited by SomalianWarlord; 2022-11-26 at 12:50 AM.

Finally got the chance to watch the interview. I liked it on the whole, and he was allowed to ask the hard questions that I've wanted to ask myself. But, I can't see myself coming back anytime soon. I definitely think I want to see evidence of that change before I commit more money to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    He was allowed to make an interview like none before. We've heard answers for some tough questions. We got informed / confirmed on how things are designed. We received information on how and if feedback is taken into consideration.

We received, I believe, a sincere admisson of people who are in charge, that the fcked up.

And yet, people come here ignoring the mertis, the very essence of the interview, just to spit either on the interviewer or the interviewed, or even both of them. This is nuts.

Video was great, refreshing, bring some hope for brigther future, and I wish for more of these.
    For the record, he did an excellent job with this video and deserves to be recognized for that. I'm not trying to detract from the clearly positive aspects of this video by stating my honest opinion on his decision to return to WoW after making an "I Quit!" video.

Yeah, it's always worth my time to log onto a forum to share my thoughts. Thanks for asking, bro.
    Is it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Is it though?
    Yes, why do you care so much about somebody else sharing their thoughts and opinions on a subject on forum designed for people to share their thoughts and opinions?

Didn't watch because its preach! Fuck that guy!

I used to be pretty active in his comments on YouTube till he shadow banned me during WoD because I disagreed with him once! So he has not seen a penny from me since and never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Wow..trolling or low education? (looks like you do not know what "clone" means....)

I hope that one day @Blizzard will add a 4th branch to the path of power progression.

I was hoping this with the release of Torghast for example, being able to progress in power solo. Legion/BFA had these functions at a 90% efficiency, but that trend of capping soloist players keeps on going.

I can't see a fun reason to dwelve into the heroic tier crafting system because it's capped, and WoW is just a hub where you queue competitive content in my eyes. If you care about capping power you can just afk in the next hub aswell.

Having a negative view on being able to obtain top quality gear from spending gold/time is being foolish. Any player can buy a boost through high m+/pvp or even mythic raids if they want, it's already in the game."Which fits really well into the wow token sales scheme, but sure maybe you enjoy trashing beasts looting leather all day.

The reality is that if players can gear in world content they'll enjoy world content more. Just because world content is rewarding doesn't mean people will stop doing competitive content, it's about what you enjoy.

Just because you can get top tier gear from crafting, rep, grinding in general doesn't mean it has to be like some automatic ezmode feat which would make players just not care about the competitive pve/pvp at all. It could demand alot of effort.

Anyways, Vanilla/TBC was closer to the idea I have here, not really there but it was way more fun to grind gold back then.
    Retail gold/materials/rng grinding has been pointless and boring for a long time, unless you like cosmetics alot.

But I get that it doesn't work when everything is obsolete in the next season. I honestly thought Torghast was going to be the center of SL and would offer a path of progression. I thought rep vendors would give actual ILVL upgrades but it was ALL cosmetics and if you're a player that only cares for power progression you afked in Oribos and ran around farming rep for sockets/conduits the entire expansion.

Also the whole issue is that the legendary was mandatory, the gold grind for it was isolated in that feeling of it being mandatory. It did not feel like real gear progression.

A metaphor here is that if compared with reality, Usain Bolt was never allowed to be strong like team sports players.
    I get the point with the crafting system. You can craft gear and spend wasteful effort getting geared by your own means and then be geared enough for top gearing content, but I would rather skip the crafting part and jump straight into competitive content from the ground up, and that's my issue. But if I could actually solo/group outside of m+, raid, pvp and gain power I would be very interested in that type of gameplay.

Also diversity in stats, trinkets and such really make a difference with influencing people to want certain content.

I don't really care to argue about it it's just mixed ideas here, but I think the world has been REALLY boring, didn't enjoy spending time in any SL zone ever. I enjoyed BFA the same way I enjoyed Korthia, wanting more slight power increases.
    In legion it didn't even matter that's why it was good.

It's not really about power progression, but having the "Oh you can be THIS amount of powerful" limitation just makes the entire thing pointless, and only caters to the most casual players, and those same casual players will be punished by its limitations.

Imagine the life of a solo player that enjoys world content - their curve of enjoyment is based on how strong Blizzard has allowed them to be. Must have been a complete nightmare for these players in SL, running around being at 30% power being declined or farmed at every turn.

Must be some salty trolls up there not wanting them at 100% because "prestige" has to be tied to ilvl?

Which leads me to my 2nd dream.

Skill > ILVL.

PS. Just remove all the ILVL rewards from pvp, m+, mythic raid and add cosmetics to them.
    Remove cosmetics from rep vendors and random world stuff and add ILVL to it. No not really.

But anyways, most of my issues here was because Blizzard purposefully designed world content to be boring and unrewarding, equaling also boring gold farming equaling more wow token sales for legendary/boosts.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-11-26 at 02:30 AM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

This thread surely is good evidence that the WoW community isn't a cult or anything.

Yes, that's sarcasm.