Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    My main criticism is that he didn't have to make a video loudly announcing his departure from WoW content the way he did (and especially when he did). I generally enjoy his content and I think this particular video was incredibly well done despite my reservations.
    my god... he was one of the few Main WoW Content Creators for Years. You People realy underestimate how annoying it can be doing all this Stuff. Ofc he does a Video saying he stops doing it like WTF ... be real

So many People here realy need to watch the first 5min where he literally EXPLAINS it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact you can play FFXIV and WoW at the same time, it was a good video overall wish there was more Blizzard HQ in it, and less of Preach talking... sitting on the sofa in his room?

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    my god... he was one of the few Main WoW Content Creators for Years. You People realy underestimate how annoying it can be doing all this Stuff. Ofc he does a Video saying he stops doing it like WTF ... be real

So many People here realy need to watch the first 5min where he literally EXPLAINS it
    The way you know they didn't even watch his video is they all go, "HE SAID HE WAS QUITTING AND NOT COMING BACK" when he blatantly says the opposite in the same video.
    Last edited by Arlette; 2022-11-26 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Aside from the obvious "why would he not, that was insane publicity" and "he wanted to inform his own community about a significant shift in his content", I have no problem with someone leveraging their influencer status to push back against a company. Did it effect any real change we otherwise wouldn't have had? Who knows. But people SHOULD speak up against things they don't like, as long as they do it in a reasonable manner. He did. He wasn't screaming and shouting and calling them names, he simply explained that there was stuff he didn't like, and that made him quit. You can call that manufactured drama or whatever, but that's, well, HIS JOB. He's not a public servant, there to represent the community. He's someone who farms clicks from the community to put a roof over his head first, and to give voice to some parts of the community second. Never forget that.
    I do realize that which is why I don't blame him, as I've said -- I just question the voracity of his beliefs and the stated reasoning behind them. We can't know whether he was being 100% forthcoming with his decision to stop making WoW content on his channel. But at the same time, I don't think it's nearly as controversial to simply have some reservations about the authenticity of his actions if he's willing to pay to interview Blizzard just over a year later after much of the controversy has died down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    Out of all of your supremely dishonest anti-Anything-Critical-Of-WoW-or-Blizzard posts, this one takes the cake.
    I'm not even defending Blizzard here. I'm defending my opinion.

I'm not even defending Blizzard here. I'm defending my opinion.
    The fact that you can't seem to extrapolate people's actions beyond the surface level, including your own, is just...

Man.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Can you give me a short version of what happened with Ghosty drama? i always was curious why the guy left, i dare to say he was 60% of entertainment in videos he was part of
    ghosty and his guild would gank emma when she was leveling and then preach's guild would come and save her and it was all in good fun and Emma had fun

Dlor started talking shit about Ghost's guild and community
    ghost told him to fuck off or get fucked
    at preachcon dlor and a couple other mods were talking shit
    ghost talked shit back and apparently made one of the mods partners mad because of it
    they bitched to preach
    preach told ghost "listen hes gonna be at preachcon can you ignore him if he talks shit"
    ghost told preach "if he talks shit i wont let it go"
    preach told ghost they cant work together

then on preachs birthday stream ghost stopped by and tried to chat in discord but kept getting kicked

The fact that you can't seem to extrapolate people's actions beyond the surface level, including your own, is just...

Man.
    The fact that you want to take all of my posts, put them in a box then write them off because of some preconceived notion you have about my posting tendencies, is just...

Man.

The fact that you want to take all of my posts, put them in a box then write them off because of some preconceived notion you have about my posting tendencies, is just...

Man.
    The irony of you being offended at the suggestion people are saying things you didn't say while you're in here going on and on and on about how offended you are about Preach quitting, suggesting he's not being honest in his reasonings, and then also pretending he said he was never coming back or playing WoW again.

Whew.

The irony of you being offended at the suggestion people are saying things you didn't say while you're in here going on and on and on about how offended you are about Preach quitting, suggesting he's not being honest in his reasonings, and then also pretending he said he was never coming back or playing WoW again.

Whew.
    Except, y'know, I'm not saying that.

Post #52 in this thread --

I get that, too. I guess the main thing is that this was picked up by media outlets as, "major content creator quits game amidst PR fiasco" and not "bored content creator quits game (for now) unrelated to PR fiasco but will definitely be back for next expansion." The former drives clicks, the latter is the less interesting truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    ghosty and his guild would gank emma when she was leveling and then preach's guild would come and save her and it was all in good fun and Emma had fun

Dlor started talking shit about Ghost's guild and community
    ghost told him to fuck off or get fucked
    at preachcon dlor and a couple other mods were talking shit
    ghost talked shit back and apparently made one of the mods partners mad because of it
    they bitched to preach
    preach told ghost "listen hes gonna be at preachcon can you ignore him if he talks shit"
    ghost told preach "if he talks shit i wont let it go"
    preach told ghost they cant work together

then on preachs birthday stream ghost stopped by and tried to chat in discord but kept getting kicked
    Don't forget the YouTube adpocalypse that happen just after Ghost quit his job to work with Preach fulltime, which was the given reason why Ghost wouldn't be on the channel anymore and why Preach started streaming on Twitch.

Take everything Preach says with a large self-serving pinch of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    These comments...Welcome to 2022.
    Yeah, shows that half of mmo-C users are sad and ignorant. They either have no idea what they are talking about, or are trying to create drama where there is none. The people commenting in this thread are the real disingenuous ones imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Disgraceful to see a shameless crook like that hitting headlines after all the trash he spewed.
    With comments like this I wouldn't be surprised if the person behind the screen is actually sitting there sharpening their pitchforks. God damn people, loosen up.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    The fact you can play FFXIV and WoW at the same time, it was a good video overall wish there was more Blizzard HQ in it, and less of Preach talking... sitting on the sofa in his room?
    He has TONS of footage of him walking the hallways, the offices, the random rooms, the library, the museum. I think its on his own website? I watched him show it off on stream and he said he was gonna post it somewhere. I enjoyed that stuff a lot more than this(current video is fine). They legit just let him walk everywhere and talk to almost anyone for 3 days and he took advantage of it.

Edit: i went looking for it and couldnt find it. I'm guessing he isnt ready to put it up anywhere yet. He talked on stream that he didnt know what to do with the footage but did want to make it available. It needs to be edited too because some of the things were under NDA and couldnt be shown.
    Last edited by Flame6; 2022-11-26 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    I did watch a few asmongold videos, pretty funny stuff, especially the one where Linus Tech Tips reviewed a PC his company (is that right?) was trying to sell, and apparently the logo for the PC looked like a penis. Literally the funniest 10 minutes the internet has ever produced.

If preach wants to come back and make dollars, whatever, money is what we're all after.

One thing I'll say is this though... Without some kind of insider info from an employee, we really have no way to know if anything has changed at Blizz. What do you expect leaders within Blizz to say on camera? Of course they are going to promote their company.

Did anyone expect anything different?
    I have laughed a lot about the computer company logo that looks similar to a certain body part and Asmongold half heartedly arguing about it. Asmongold has a small amount of ownership of the company but it is mostly so he will promote the company along with several other youtubers.

I really don't think much is going to change at Blizz until Microsoft takes control of the company and makes some hard decisions on who is going to fit and be productive and who needs to be moved out the door. I am curious at what they will do with the lawyer Ion Hazzikostas and whether they will pay him off to move out with a solid NDA. Microsoft will do the typical corporate thing and initially say they are not changing a thing and then over several months they will quietly make major changes in the power structure to convey the obedience and loyalty the new overlords will require.

It's funny how obvious it is that he's not allowed to say "Final Fantasy" but they just keep awkwardly referencing it.

And that's how you can tell this just comes off as marketing/advertisement for the upcoming expansion. It came out with all positive statements because Blizzard signed off on everything that was said.

Not a fan of the hypocrisy of Preach coming back to WoW after announcing he was done; but I admittedly thought this was a marketing piece on Blizzard's part. Learning he paid for everything himself does offer a level of sincerity to this piece. It's clear that there are still benefits for Blizzard allowing him this level of access ("We've changed!") but more than anything I'm just glad this happened.
    People like you never actually listened or watched his first video. He never stopped really playing. He just stopped making videis on it.

He also very clearly said in his video that if the culture and game changed he would gladly check it out. Try actually paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    It's funny how obvious it is that he's not allowed to say "Final Fantasy" but they just keep awkwardly referencing it.

And that's how you can tell this just comes off as marketing/advertisement for the upcoming expansion. It came out with all positive statements because Blizzard signed off on everything that was said.
    I never got that sense considering the a bunch of devs have said they enjoy and play ff14.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    With comments like this I wouldn't be surprised if the person behind the screen is actually sitting there sharpening their pitchforks. God damn people, loosen up.
    That dude and others alike put FF cultists to shame. This is what happens when you make one thing to be your whole identity - you personalize any criticism as if it was kicking your grandma. Pretty sure there is medical term for stuff like that.

My main criticism is that he didn't have to make a video loudly announcing his departure from WoW content the way he did (and especially when he did). I generally enjoy his content and I think this particular video was incredibly well done despite my reservations.
    We get it. You feel betrayed and like he put your game in a bad light. It's going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    People like you never actually listened or watched his first video. He never stopped really playing. He just stopped making videis on it
    I watched the video. I know he said he'd come back in the video. I still don't think it's any less hypocritical to use his platform the way he did. I've spent the last 7 pages defending this relatively uncontroversial opinion. That's, y'know, like my opinion so you're free to think I'm crazy for thinking it if you want. But it is no more or less valid than anybody else's opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-11-26 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I never got that sense considering the a bunch of devs have said they enjoy and play ff14.
    A bunch of devs saying that at one point does not change how PR and marketing teams handle a video that they are approving for release to advertise their newest product. A lot of the things he says in the video are direct references to the other MMO he has been playing for quite some time now, but he explicitly won't say the name of the game.

You'd think he would say it even just once in a video that is over an hour long on this subject, but the fact he says it literally zero times despite how much time he has spent on it and how much he's comparing his experience to it says all that needs to be known.
    Last edited by Crevox; 2022-11-26 at 05:24 AM.