Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Why is this front page news?
    why not? great content with many interviews

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No one really wants to be associated with a company that's under investigation due to sexual harassment. Why are people not getting that?

I dunno. Taliesin&Evitel and Towellllliiiieeeeee (or whatever his name is) don't seem to have a problem with it. Huge Blizzard shills.

youtuber streamer who quit making content came back :madge:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I change my mind about lots of things. I also don't make monetized videos which will be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. He could have "quit" WoW by simply stopping the production of WoW videos. Making a video and drawing attention to the fact seems performative at best and, like I said, grossly hypocritical and disingenuous at worst.
    It was his job though. How is he going to just "stop" without explaining to the people that watch his stuff and even pay him to make it? Whether he did it in writing or through a video it would've brought attention.

He's a professional WoW quitter. He has to play WoW so he can quit again.

1+ Year Old Account
    A new era has begun! And it looks the same as the last era...

Holy shit! ive always been a wow cynic (i barely played in wotlk - and only for alts - and i was completely turned off when my hunter bought rowena's bow for a steal, AND had constant access to wintergrasp wins (horde)), but you guys are deeep deeep down. I left sls in jan 2021 and only came back for a couple of months for zm (month 1 - main - including 2 weeks of playing with torghast and running korthia to re-acclimitise myself; month 2 leveling a couple of alts including covenant cosmetic grinding). It was fun. Also, second month was 'free' because wow token was cheap.

Im cynical about the game... but im not angry about the game. Y'all seem really pissed off. Ive done this song and dance since eu vanilla (not launch, but pretty close to eu launch). I took extended breaks through the almost entirity of cata (the only beta ive ever been in), i came back in 5.2.5 (if it was a thing...), and loved the game again. I quit again around the selfie cam. I came back for 6.2. I quit again around 7.1 once i got pathfinder. I came back again in 8.1, i quit again early shadowlands. I came back mid way through 9.2. And then i dropped off.

The game doesnt piss me off. If it sucks, i dip out and catch up on my steam library for a few months... or just play another mmo (tsw - my favorite lore world; eso - so fun as a solo player; ff14 - my current 'main game'). But i'll keep coming back to wow because sin rogue is my favorite moment to moment gameplay experience in gaming). Y'all could do with a break...

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Preach is an opportunistic weasel
    It's so comforting to know that for every cynical, jealous, hate-driven poster there are at least ten people who enjoy and appreciate all the work the content creators are doing. It's even sweeter when you realize that each hateful post is actually more money in their pocket, because it only works to spread the popularity. The best thing to do would be to stay silent, but they just can't resist. It's the sweetest form of karma - how to turn your hate against someone into an income in the very person's pocket. Keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    that recollection of events with dlor is straight from ghost and kinda supported by preach when he posted about it after ghost planned on going scorched earth on twitter but then him and preach chilled out and hung out and decided they dont want anything to do with each other anymore and ghost every so often takes snipes at preach on twitter

honestly i wish i could find the one thing from ghost i love which is the voice of solid snake welcoming him to the diamond dogs
    So in short, Preach duck up a long friendship for a mod? that say some things about his character

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Preach: "A NEW Era for WoW" - Inside Blizzard HQ
    Preach has uploaded his trip to Blizzard HQ, featuring behind the scenes as well as interviews with Executive Producer Holly Longdale, General Manager John Hight, Game Director Ion Hazzikostas and more!

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AK757rrOwdI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Anyone willing to summarise the video?
    I find these sorts of people to be literally unwatchable.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I feel, in this circumstance, he had an opportunity to both condemn Blizzard while still continuing to do WoW-adjacent content in the interim (or pivoting to content sans-WoW without all the needless grandstanding). Other content creators did this. (Even though I don't always agree with his effusive praise of Blizzard, I felt Tali's response was pretty well-reasoned.) Instead he went scorched earth and decided to stop the production of all WoW content from his channel altogether. Once again, that's his choice and I'm not criticizing it -- but given the fact that just over a year later he paid for an all-access tour of BlizzHQ, I feel that this action feels performative-at-best in retrospect.
    Honest question: Why would Preach... or anyone for that matter, willingly and vocally say 'Hey, I don't like this game anymore' and then continue to go and make content about it? And what's more, isn't it better for him to go 'Hey, subs... I'm sorry... but for the foreseeable future, we're not doing the content that brought you here' instead of just flat out just switching without warning? And Preach Ain't Jesse Cox either. He didn't have a bunch of Non-Wow Content that he could just switch too and ignore WoW entirely without saying anything.

From what I've seen of his streams and what he's shown his viewers, Preach did the all-access tour because he honestly felt, with what they've shown and done with WoW in the last few months, that they were improving. Which he said in his leaving video flat out that he'd said would be a key factor in him returning. At his core, he still loves Wow, even after all the shit it's done. It's clear from the coverage that this in the case and that, with Dragonflight, he's hoping they'll move forward to a brighter future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    I love how almost nobody is actually commenting about the video's content or addressing any of the points engaged in it - rather hate/whiteknight for Preach, Blizzard, and spew senseless shit about every other user that has a different opinion, without knowing the first thing about them. What a cesspool of human filth.

How can one blame Blizzard for turning away from "feedback", from "people" like the majority who post in this thread? I wouldn't. If anything, I'd do the same. Pathetic.
    To be fair, the average forum goer, not just here, but in general, tends to run into the 'I'm high and mighty, you low as earth, because you don't know who I really am so I can say shit without repercussions'. And here, on a WoW forum? You're going to run into people who will tear into anyone who dare besmirches their game.

That's the problem with free will and freedom of speech/expression. You give people the freedom to both be incredibly intelligent and to be stupid beyond reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    A new era has begun! And it looks the same as the last era...
    yes, but this is era 10.0, it is totally new era!

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    A bunch of devs saying that at one point does not change how PR and marketing teams handle a video that they are approving for release to advertise their newest product. A lot of the things he says in the video are direct references to the other MMO he has been playing for quite some time now, but he explicitly won't say the name of the game.

You'd think he would say it even just once in a video that is over an hour long on this subject, but the fact he says it literally zero times despite how much time he has spent on it and how much he's comparing his experience to it says all that needs to be known.
    You mean the first video of a few he said he is making cause he has more interview footage.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SomalianWarlord View Post
    Preach was always pathetic, but this takes the cake.

Guess he finally realized no one gives a fuck about FF14 and it doesnt pay the bills, so now he's begging blizzard and crawling back to wow.

Imagine PAYING to visit and interview blizzard employees.

Maybe you shouldnt have burned all your bridges in a seething rage over being benched for mythic raids because you're a trash old man that cant keep up and they couldnt carry his dead weight anymore, but pretends he's some supah leet god skill player, hmmm?

It was funny watching him bootlick for shit in FF14 that he derided in WoW. All that whining about RP and "cesspool" guilds only to then become a cringe RP streamer in a cesspool guild, constantly shilling every barebones patch note.
    Everything ok at home there bud?

Most of what I heard in the video were variations on the "we HEAR you" meme; time will tell if they actually follow through long-term. Hoping for the best, but plenty of precedent to expect the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    new era after i never work with blizzard . fucking fake hair piece of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Most of what I heard in the video were variations on the "we HEAR you" meme; time will tell if they actually follow through long-term. Hoping for the best, but plenty of precedent to expect the worst.
    This. Honestly, there's only so often you can be burned before you have to cut things off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Wasnt he one of the guys who said they are done witht wow, cause blizzard bad?

Hes back now cause.... money?!
    u want him to actually work like most humans 9to5 and earn honest money when he can chill out scam others with videos ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Whats the "new era"?

It looks exactly the same, just with How To Train Your Dragon(flight) vibe instead of death and misery.

New Era with WoW would have to be a totally changed way of playing the game.

Thats because you can't comprehend what you see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    It's because the video is something crafted to influence your opinion. Whereas the fact that Blizzard is working with this feigned outrage farmer and pathetic hypocrite tells you far more. Blizzard is desperate to improve their image and Preach isn't doing well without wow.

The reality though is that Blizzard isn't really changed, their customer support is still woefully understaffed and poor by design, and they're unable to properly support both products at the level they once did in terms of development and they fail to make both Classic and Retail as good as they could be.

Preach is an opportunistic weasel and Blizzard knows that but still chooses to work with him, that tells me their values aren't great either. When someone makes a big show of appearing virtuous like he does my opinion of them usually goes down and I start to wonder when we'll read about whatever fked up thing they did at some point.
    1- blizz has no control over the video
    2- preach's channel did FAR better when he stopped covering wow, so much so he bought a fucking office, and well yeah, they now entirely all work from an office.
    3- lol "blizz hasent changed cause the things i say means they havent"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content