Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ion is good at designing raids. They could release an expansion with compelling raid content and no bullshit systems and it'd be a win.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Ion is good at designing raids. They could release an expansion with compelling raid content and no bullshit systems and it'd be a win.
    so warlords of draenor?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Most of what I heard in the video were variations on the "we HEAR you" meme; time will tell if they actually follow through long-term. Hoping for the best, but plenty of precedent to expect the worst.
    You never actually paid attention did you. Lore literally said they know all about it. The fact of the matter 99% of what players moan about are unimportant triviam things. They have better things to work on.

Also a content cycle is 2 years. They started creating DF during BFA snd the next xpac after DF was started during SL. It takes 2-3 years for big changes to take place like the removal of AP due to how it works.

AP at the start of legion was loved so when they started BFA they kept it how it was

AP at the end of legion had run it's course and the playerbase was not liking it. They can not just redo over a year of work and start over, so when SL starts being looked at they change it.

Same with ever system. It is why something like that seems to always stay for 2 xpacs because that is how long it takes to get the proper data.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    so warlords of draenor?
    TBF WoD raids are some of the best ever designed so that is a bad pick. But I get your point.

so warlords of draenor?
    I may have to backpeddle on that position. I didn't stay in WOD past the first patch. I fucking hated Garrison life.

No I dont think theyre a big deal, if they are for you then fair enough.

last i checked youll have to get bop mythic mats to make said mythic gear and you wont be able to make a full set, weve been able to make epic gear before so its not like this is something new nor do i consider it a bad thing. personally id like for people to be able to make that gear without having to raid but thats kind of besides the point.

outside of the handful of mythic pieces the vast majority of the gear will be discarded like in every other expansion. not sure how mythic gear being a thing negates that.
    Literally redesigning ever classes tree and build.

Creating bad new ones for those that never had them.

Balancing them for all content.

Is not a big deal?

Yeah you just lost all opinions you get to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Literally redesigning ever classes tree and build.

Creating bad new ones for those that never had them.

Balancing them for all content.

Is not a big deal?

Yeah you just lost all opinions you get to have.
    you mean the same thing they do every expansion?

every expac they change how characters work.

making a tree for them (which we had in the past mind you) is not really something i consider all that special. is it an improvement over what we had? I think it is. but what we had wasnt exactly hard to beat.
    Last edited by chaoticcrono; 2022-11-26 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    I may have to backpeddle on that position. I didn't stay in WOD past the first patch. I fucking hated Garrison life.
    TBF garrisons themselves were a good idea, blizz just did not have the assets to do them correctly. I believe Ion said that if they had actually went all in with them it would of cost one of the raids. This was simply due to time and art assets. You need to understand that what takes up 75% of the creation process is the graphic/art. The coding while time consuming is only around 25% of the work.

Blizzard recently bought a smaller company and hired I believe around 100 nee devs just for wow. 90 of which just do art/graphic. I can not remember which interview he said it on, but they are going to be bringing up more dungeons with each patch this time around thanks to that.

- - - Updated - - -

you mean the same thing they do every expansion?

every expac they change how characters work.

making a tree for them (which we had in the past mind you) is not really something i consider all that special. is it an improvement over what we had? I think it is. but what we had wasnt exactly hard to beat.
    No most ever expansion does not. Legion to BFA barely changed 99% of classes. TBC to Wrath barely changed 99% of classes. The biggest class changes happened in mop, cats and now DF.

Ehhhh, we'll see.

From what I've seen regarding DF, they're going in what I would consider to be the right direction but I don't think they're there yet.

• The talent and profession changes both look promising, though I still wouldn't say that professions look engaging or fun to do.
    • The difference in rep quests/activities looks good enough and I'm glad that they're keeping the rewards largely cosmetic focused.
    • Dragon flying could be fun.
    • New class looks fun but once again they locked it to a very specific race and the Dracthyr aren't really my thing, so I'd probably never play it just like I never played Demon Hunter. So for me, the game hasn't had a new class in about a decade.
    • I've only seen extremely nominal (if any) indications that they've improved as story tellers, which is ultimately probably the thing that I care most about. The world/story is the glue that keeps me interested in spending time in the game. If it continues to be shit then I doubt that I'll ever come back.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I didnt know the last era had

No borrowed power. Not why the previous "era" was bad.
    no "daily required log ins". Wanna bet?
    no "Systems upon systems upon systems". Wanna bet?
    Actual talent trees. No one gives a shit how the talents look like, it's just boxes you click on after being told by Icy Veins what you should choose. You don't even read the tooltips.

the whole point of this new era is returning wow to what made it great, a game you wanted to play, not a game you HAD to play.
    Same old same old.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Same old same old.
    Yes they were why the last era was bad, or you gunna say artifact powers azerite powers, conduits, and covenants were not bad?

Yes, because there is nothing in right now.
    Same here.

Lol you are delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes they were why the last era was bad, or you gunna say artifact powers azerite powers, conduits, and covenants were not bad?

Yes, because there is nothing in right now.
    Same here.

Lol you are delusional.
    I thought the reason last era was bad was because of blizz control freak attitude with its player base and refusing to budge on bad choices like restricting covenants.

AP wasnt bad, making people earn something that was gonna be taken away was bad.

the vast majority of the issues with the things you mentioned were the arbitrary restrictions placed on them and the ridiculous amount of grind associated with them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so warlords of draenor?
    That's potential issue with DF, many forget that WoD had significant 'nothing to do' problem very early into expac, way before they abandoned patch support and moved to Legion.

But since WoD borrowed power wasn't only thing introduced. World content expanded with every expansion, in SL every zone was it's own Timeless Isle (+ in DF we can explore all "covenants" at same time). We have much more mounts, pets and achievs to collect (+ dragon cosmetics). Transmog tab was introduced. Finally, M+. And I don't know any details about professions, but I heard they're pretty engaging too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Same old same old.
    Listen, if the best you can do is parrot better gamers and just click whatever IcyVeins tells you to click, that's fine. Noone's obliged to think. But then again, why any game should be tailored towards you? You're just a copycat; none of those systems were ever designed with you in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's potential issue with DF, many forget that WoD had significant 'nothing to do' problem very early into expac, way before they abandoned patch support and moved to Legion.

But since WoD borrowed power wasn't only thing introduced. World content expanded with every expansion, in SL every zone was it's own Timeless Isle (+ in DF we can explore all "covenants" at same time). We have much more mounts, pets and achievs to collect (+ dragon cosmetics). Transmog tab was introduced. Finally, M+. And I don't know any details about professions, but I heard they're pretty engaging too.
    WOD had plenty of collectable type stuff in it too (i did it on many characters and was one of teh aspects i liked about it).

I played for 3 out of the 4 days they gave us of free activation and many of the problems i had with the game were still present and I was unable to do many of the things id like to do despite getting to 60 and buying a full set of event ghetto gear. in particular finishing off bfa content since for whatever reason the dungeons scale to 60 despite being old content with no way for me to turn that off...

Honestly I kind of get why people are fine with the otherwise mediocre expac with most of their pain points gone. sadly for me most of my pain points are still present (scaling being a major one for me). losing a bunch of my spell kit (again) only to be given them back in the next expac is yet another.

characters are still fairly weak despite getting what I assume is supposed to be decent gear from the event (i havent played since mid bfa and cant really tell anymore with all the stupid stat and level squishes) and the game was not particularly fun to play.

I'm actually surprised they didnt let people try the new class considering youd think that would be a good way to rope in older players during the free period they gave.

I'd like to come back and play but the current state of the game is still in such a bad state for me that I cant really enjoy it.

WOD had plenty of collectable type stuff in it too (i did it on many characters and was one of teh aspects i liked about it).

I played for 3 out of the 4 days they gave us of free activation and many of the problems i had with the game were still present and I was unable to do many of the things id like to do despite getting to 60 and buying a full set of event ghetto gear. in particular finishing off bfa content since for whatever reason the dungeons scale to 60 despite being old content with no way for me to turn that off...

Honestly I kind of get why people are fine with the otherwise mediocre expac with most of their pain points gone. sadly for me most of my pain points are still present (scaling being a major one for me). losing a bunch of my spell kit (again) only to be given them back in the next expac is yet another.

characters are still fairly weak despite getting what I assume is supposed to be decent gear from the event (i havent played since mid bfa and cant really tell anymore with all the stupid stat and level squishes) and the game was not particularly fun to play.

I'm actually surprised they didnt let people try the new class considering youd think that would be a good way to rope in older players during the free period they gave.

I'd like to come back and play but the current state of the game is still in such a bad state for me that I cant really enjoy it.
    I feel kinda sad for you,imagine not being able to enjoy best MMORPG on the market...that would be rly sad
    Atleast we know there will be tons of players that will do,most likely will break the record for selling video game as Shadowlands did.So you wont be missed
    Last edited by thunder4o; 2022-11-26 at 05:08 PM.

Heard it in WoD. Heard it again in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder4o View Post
    I feel kinda sad for you,imagine not being able to enjoy best MMORPG on the market...that would be rly sad
    Atleast we know there will be tons of players that will do,most likely will break the record for selling video game as Shadowlands did.So you wont be missed
    funnily enough i tried ff14 (they gave 4 days also) and that wasnt enough to rope me in either.

record breaking sales doesnt really mean much, people will buy wow regardless of the state its in. this happens every expac.

as for not being missed, i havent been missed regardless. none of my friends play anymore and the one friend that does only plays classic.
    Last edited by chaoticcrono; 2022-11-26 at 05:14 PM.

I still think him leaving was a good decision he made based on the information he had at the time. He could not predict that Blizz will do a total 180 turn and actually do most of what they've been asked by the playerbase for years at that point. All the signs on earth were leading to a conclusion that this game is gonna burn to the ground sticking with the philosophy "we know best" and abusing the playerbase. On top of the game being literal shit at that point, the sexual harrasement issue has reached an apogeum. That broke "the camel's back". Now, that the situation has turned for the better he has every right to change his mind and come back. He didn't self-banished himself forever. Only cows don't change their views if the circumstances change as well.

funnily enough i tried ff14 (they gave 4 days also) and that wasnt enough to rope me in either.

as for not being missed, i havent been missed regardless. none of my friends play anymore and the one friend that does only plays classic.
    Not sure why you mention the weeb trash that is on death spiral this days and had its moment of glory half a year ago when they bought a few content creators to make some noise around this full of cult wierdos game.All of them are back to WoW now crowling because they know where money is and where views come from.
    WoW is the best MMORPG on the market easily for the last 18 years in case you dont know that,with DF being that good since Alpha,that will be 20 years easily.
    The only studio that can make something about that is Riot and their MMO project.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder4o View Post
    Not sure why you mention the weeb trash that is on death spiral this days and had its moment of glory half a year ago when they bought a few content creators to make some noise around this full of cult wierdos game.All of them are back to WoW now crowling because they know where money is and where views come from.
    WoW is the best MMORPG on the market easily for the last 18 years in case you dont know that,with DF being that good since Alpha,that will be 20 years easily.
    The only studio that can make something about that is Riot and their MMO project.
    youre one of those people who will buy wow no matter what arent you?