Poll: Should Draconic form have both male and female body types?

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    He's turning the topic of Dracthyrs into a true comedy, which is a good thing, actually (for people who enjoy current design), because noone will treat him with any modicum of seriousness.
    We cope the best we can!

Op still on his crusade to get dragons with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    He's turning the topic of Dracthyrs into a true comedy, which is a good thing, actually (for people who enjoy current design), because noone will treat him with any modicum of seriousness.
    I personally don't like the Dracthyr design. There's just certain lines along which I dislike their design, and those lines are not drawn vis-à-vis their relative fuckability. Although I like reptilian races, I would say my relationship with them is ideally purely platonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I personally don't like the Dracthyr design. There's just certain lines along which I dislike their design, and those lines are not drawn vis-à-vis their relative fuckability. Although I like reptilian races, I would say my relationship with them is ideally purely platonic.
    So is mine purely platonic, but tits look better than no tits, or worse, on playable humanoid female models. Imagine female worgen with eight teats lining her torso. Disturbing. Lack of tits is equally disturbing to me, and so if I have to choose I'll choose tits. Because tits are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I thought we established that this fantasy races have little to no bearing on PRECISE scientific portrayal and never have - and as such whether they shoudl have boobs or not is not dependent on any degree of reptialin association - such decision are entirely artistic based on social and cultural presentations.
    note I am not making an argument that a proposed female body type I am in favour of should have boobs. With or without boobs (on the female) either way, I feel they should have a male and female body types.

Do you agree?
    No.

The dracthyr form came before their visage.

They were created to be just a massive army. Different bodies based on reproductive natures make no sense.

Outside of their new found freedom where they can use magic to disguise themselves, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No.

The dracthyr form came before their visage.

They were created to be just a massive army. Different bodies based on reproductive natures make no sense.

Outside of their new found freedom where they can use magic to disguise themselves, of course.
    Also....They are lizards...I'd be OK with things like female lizards having smaller crests or whatnot, tho not the whole "look more girly" that most people seem to have in mind.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't hate it now that it has 4 different body types. Didn't like it when we thought they just had one dragon body type, though.

Plus it fits the fact that Visage forms are just whatever the dragon wants them to be.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

and we don’t even know how they reproduce.
    This is actually untrue, we know they lay eggs, and we know that Dragon leaders have consorts. We also know they get pregnant to lay the eggs through sex because of what happened to Alexstrasza when she was imprisoned in Grim Batol during Tides of Darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Their dragon forms are OK.

A lot of their other stuff is weird or pure s***.

What's with the foot fetish at Blizzard reflecting in the Dracthyr's feet?

Why's the human form - female human, blood elf male? Weren't the dragons supposed to be elves? Blizzard still hasn't figured out how to High Elf their alliance after listening to a Chinese Poll and making High(Blood) Elves Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    Also....They are lizards...I'd be OK with things like female lizards having smaller crests or whatnot, tho not the whole "look more girly" that most people seem to have in mind.
    Many people's idea of sexual dimorphism is to just add tits to something, TBH. Not really interesting and doesn't make much sense for Drakthyr, they're not corrupted elves like the Naga but entirely original creations made by a dragon, whose interest in tits was likely low to nonexistent.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Would have preferred a distinct male and female body type. Having just one type is pretty boring (and lazy, let's be real).
    Male and Female dragon, I know it's a shock she doesn't have a big pair of scaled breasts! "facepalms"

Or you know...they're making dragons dragons, which always look virtually the same gender wise throughout not only wow but most forms of fantasy

Here's what bugs me. They went all out on options but you still can't make a single Dracthyr that doesn't look like a goofy cartoon character. At least give a few regular badass dragon options for the head and upper body for other people who play the game. Especially the old school players who have been asking for a lizard/dragon race for 15 years.

The visages seem like a waste of resources and they picked the most boring races possible. Major, major disappointment for me as someone who typically likes reptilian/dragonborn races in other games. Can't believe they let this go live.

It’s more a question of what you would prefer rather than what is right.

Yes there reptiles don’t usually have gender strong dimorphic appearances. But neither do cows , or goats, and none stand on 2 legs either, speak, fly or build cities.

This is obviously not about realism, but about preference. Draconic form’s biggest issue is model preference. Some okay with gecko type lizard others wanting chunkier.

I feel a male and female model would have solved this issue nicely. But it’s not about placating loaners. It’s about what you would prefer.

So vote what you would like rather than what is most accurate according to whatever logic you have.
    Yes. dragon peens and vagenes for days. make hit happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is actually untrue, we know they lay eggs, and we know that Dragon leaders have consorts. We also know they get pregnant to lay the eggs through sex because of what happened to Alexstrasza when she was imprisoned in Grim Batol during Tides of Darkness.
    We know for the dragons.

We don’t know for the Dracthyr.

I assume the Drakonids may reproduce via eggs too. But they could also be made.

How were the Dracthyr made exactly? What part of dragon and humanoids (presumably troll/elf) did he use?

1+ Year Old Account
    We know for the dragons.

We don’t know for the Dracthyr.

I assume the Drakonids may reproduce via eggs too. But they could also be made.

How were the Dracthyr made exactly? What part of dragon and humanoids (presumably troll/elf) did he use?
    According to lore Drakonids were human, but through dragon magic they kinda became a hybrid.

Dragonkin are resulted from regular dragon eggs, they're like "disabled", they just don't develop fully into dragons, and just grow an extra pair of legs instead of wings.

Dracthyr are bio-engineered and born in vats. Unknown if they can reproduce or even have any...equipment at all, and are likely very much finite. I doubt Deathwing would allow them to reproduce, given on how tight a leash he was keeping them, and not just make more as it was required.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Here's what bugs me. They went all out on options but you still can't make a single Dracthyr that doesn't look like a goofy cartoon character. At least give a few regular badass dragon options for the head and upper body for other people who play the game. Especially the old school players who have been asking for a lizard/dragon race for 15 years.

The visages seem like a waste of resources and they picked the most boring races possible. Major, major disappointment for me as someone who typically likes reptilian/dragonborn races in other games. Can't believe they let this go live.

All those edits show how much better their fucking stupid heads could look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    According to lore Drakonids were human, but through dragon magic they kinda became a hybrid.

Dragonkin are resulted from regular dragon eggs, they're like "disabled", they just don't develop fully into dragons, and just grow an extra pair of legs instead of wings.

Dracthyr are bio-engineered and born in vats. Unknown if they can reproduce or even have any...equipment at all, and are likely very much finite. I doubt Deathwing would allow them to reproduce, given on how tight a leash he was keeping them, and not just make more as it was required.
    In Dragonflight lore it's said Drakonids are elevated species. The first ones were made from those little lizard people native to Dragon Isles. Later the procedure was replicated on others and that's how Drakonids came to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Male and Female dragon, I know it's a shock she doesn't have a big pair of scaled breasts! "facepalms"

Or you know...they're making dragons dragons, which always look virtually the same gender wise throughout not only wow but most forms of fantasy

Except Dracthyr are hybrids, not dragons. Female dragons with unique models have gentler mugs.

In most fantasy series there's usually some form of sexual dimorphism in dragons. Sometimes males are larger, sometimes females are, and rarely they look almost exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    So is mine purely platonic, but tits look better than no tits, or worse, on playable humanoid female models. Imagine female worgen with eight teats lining her torso. Disturbing. Lack of tits is equally disturbing to me, and so if I have to choose I'll choose tits. Because tits are superior.
    Partially this was part of my thinking too. I appreciate your honesty about your opinion.

Realistically we don’t portray actual core or Wolf Rita on female Tauren or Worgen.

The lack thereof on female De as Cthulhu does have me wondering whether people preferred this or not

I tried to stress that out isn’t about what is scientifically realistic because outside humans, the rest of the races are made up.

Soo or comes down to opinion and preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    Except Dracthyr are hybrids, not dragons. Female dragons with unique models have gentler mugs.

In most fantasy series there's usually some form of sexual dimorphism in dragons. Sometimes males are larger, sometimes females are, and rarely they look almost exactly the same.
    I see a lot of people not factor that Dracthyr are a hybrid race.

I remember bringing that up about visage form for them is more unique than just a disguise.

While part of the dragon family, they aren’t dragons fully and they have humanoid DNA too. This is a fusion of humanoids and dragons and this has implications.

One of which could translate to greater dimorphism, and also justifies visage form in combat (nvm that visage form is also a unique sub race of itself pretty much like void elves, Illidari or Kul’tirans ) should Dracthyr become any other class, I would fully expect you to choose to fight in either form.

But then again,you can still also justifiably make it completely androgynous, it’s fantasy, so it comes down to preference or choice.

How’ve here, the developers gave no choice for dimorphism on the Draconic form which I think is a shame. They have it available on the visage form at least. But I would have expected dimorphism on both. Male and female but with the ability to be able to design mirrors of each other if you preferred a less binary look.

Give the players the option

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

They need to know this.

Though I have made peace with the design, enjoying it even, I was never a dragon race/lizard race lover

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t know that about Drakonids - source? Or is this from the rpg lore books ?

Yeh. Dracthyr creation process would have been interesting to know.

Drakonid origin, if true, does give me hope for Evokers for other races. Because they could be mortals also infused with Draconic magic. Just like DHs are infused with fel and death knights ane changed by death.

I would expect them to basically have it be the “visage form” option of the races that can be them. If not all, the en I suspect we would have Hhnan, night/borne elf, blood/void elf, troll/Zandalari, Tauren, Pandaren

Orcs and Draenei won’t be because they aren’t from Azeroth, Gnomes, Goblins, Vulpera and Dwarf are too small and don’t retain the original race when changed.
    Worgen can’t because they are already infused with a competing or complicating magic.

These reasons are all made up of course. You can make anyone dragon infused and give reasons, but it’s nice to have exceptions that make some lore logic even if vague but also gives them an excuse for less art work as those are a lot of races.

As for the dragon abilities that use dragon form? Well most of them don’t have to, so these races would just use their hands but for Deep breadth and Fire breathe, they can actually have a dragon form like Druids have form or temporarily gain a Draconic form or just wings like demon hunters do and fly by, turning back into normal form.

1+ Year Old Account
    Drakonid are mortals empowered by the dragons they serve, via intentional alteration or via "unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons". The process does not have to be willing.

The original Drakonid were transformed from Tarasek, a reptilian species native to the Dragon Isles. The Dragon Aspects uplifted them in the same manner that the titans uplifted proto-dragons into dragons. In the millennia to follow, new methods with varying degrees of success were devised to create Drakonid.

While some Drakonid are transformed mortals, the species can lay eggs and it is possible to be born as a Drakonid.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drakonid

Partially this was part of my thinking too. I appreciate your honesty about your opinion.

Realistically we don’t portray actual core or Wolf Rita on female Tauren or Worgen.

The lack thereof on female De as Cthulhu does have me wondering whether people preferred this or not

I tried to stress that out isn’t about what is scientifically realistic because outside humans, the rest of the races are made up.

Soo or comes down to opinion and preference.

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot of people not factor that Dracthyr are a hybrid race.

I remember bringing that up about visage form for them is more unique than just a disguise.

While part of the dragon family, they aren’t dragons fully and they have humanoid DNA too. This is a fusion of humanoids and dragons and this has implications.

One of which could translate to greater dimorphism, and also justifies visage form in combat (nvm that visage form is also a unique sub race of itself pretty much like void elves, Illidari or Kul’tirans ) should Dracthyr become any other class, I would fully expect you to choose to fight in either form.

But then again,you can still also justifiably make it completely androgynous, it’s fantasy, so it comes down to preference or choice.

How’ve here, the developers gave no choice for dimorphism on the Draconic form which I think is a shame. They have it available on the visage form at least. But I would have expected dimorphism on both. Male and female but with the ability to be able to design mirrors of each other if you preferred a less binary look.

Give the players the option

- - - Updated - - -

They need to know this.

Though I have made peace with the design, enjoying it even, I was never a dragon race/lizard race lover

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh. Dracthyr creation process would have been interesting to know.

Drakonid origin, if true, does give me hope for Evokers for other races. Because they could be mortals also infused with Draconic magic. Just like DHs are infused with fel and death knights ane changed by death.

I would expect them to basically have it be the “visage form” option of the races that can be them. If not all, the en I suspect we would have Hhnan, night/borne elf, blood/void elf, troll/Zandalari, Tauren, Pandaren

Orcs and Draenei won’t be because they aren’t from Azeroth, Gnomes, Goblins, Vulpera and Dwarf are too small and don’t retain the original race when changed.
    Worgen can’t because they are already infused with a competing or complicating magic.

These reasons are all made up of course. You can make anyone dragon infused and give reasons, but it’s nice to have exceptions that make some lore logic even if vague but also gives them an excuse for less art work as those are a lot of races.

As for the dragon abilities that use dragon form? Well most of them don’t have to, so these races would just use their hands but for Deep breadth and Fire breathe, they can actually have a dragon form like Druids have form or temporarily gain a Draconic form or just wings like demon hunters do and fly by, turning back into normal form.
    Of course it doesn't have anything to do with realism. It's fucking wow. Some like to pretend otherwise and play double standards when it suits them. That's right my mate, optons should be there.

Drakonid are mortals empowered by the dragons they serve, via intentional alteration or via "unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons". The process does not have to be willing.

The original Drakonid were transformed from Tarasek, a reptilian species native to the Dragon Isles. The Dragon Aspects uplifted them in the same manner that the titans uplifted proto-dragons into dragons. In the millennia to follow, new methods with varying degrees of success were devised to create Drakonid.

While some Drakonid are transformed mortals, the species can lay eggs and it is possible to be born as a Drakonid.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drakonid
    Blizzard, it's time to get that cloaka working. Hatch me a fucking playable Drakonid.