Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    I still say their heads are too small. Perhaps a 25% increase would fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. SO MUCH FUCKING THIS!!!

Getting a transmog to match those native armor colors is basically impossible. It's like the devs purposely chose a color palette that doesn't match with absolutely anything already existing in the game.
    My two big issues with them. Bigger heads and thicker necks should have been an option, and the dressing room armor is overall not very impressive and has one color combo that actually works. Fix those and I'd say they're a great model. As they are they're ok.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What really gets me about the Drakthyr is that, due to the blizzard art teams refusal to just, stick to a color pallete. Many of the color options for the Draktyhr armor match absolutly nothing.
    That is the eternal bane of every transmog in this game as well. Nothing matches unless it came from the same set, because every piece of armor (or in this case character customization) is ever so slightly (or rather blatantly) off-color.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

https://www.wowdb.com/items/118716-goren-garb

Accidentally stumbled over it in my collection. A WoD toy introduced already a better dragonoid model. Now this is a dude that looks like he came from the earth aspect. Remove the green goo at his mouth and its 10/10 compared to what we got.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post

https://www.wowdb.com/items/118716-goren-garb

Accidentally stumbled over it in my collection. A WoD toy introduced already a better dragonoid model. Now this is a dude that looks like he came from the earth aspect. Remove the green goo at his mouth and its 10/10 compared to what we got.
    Lol what that's not a dragon... Those are Goren... They have nothing to do with dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    My two big issues with them. Bigger heads and thicker necks should have been an option, and the dressing room armor is overall not very impressive and has one color combo that actually works. Fix those and I'd say they're a great model. As they are they're ok.
    So you want cartoonishly large heads cause even now their heads are bigger then most playable rsces heads proportionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Effort means being able to let a "new race" wear most if not all gear pieces.

Effort means allowing it to be as many classes as befit the race and as many races as befit the class. You don't think they deliberately decided against all these things for reasons other than it being more work than they were prepared to do, right?

You can contend with my proclamation that it's low-effort, but it is objectively less effort than what I mentioned above.
    It makes no sense a dragon race is anything other than a dragon class, also dragons dont need to wear gear thier scales are sufficiant protection, gear would get in the way of flying, you dont even bring logic to any of your arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dracthyr can be any number of classes. Playable dracthyr can be evokers.
    All dracthyr use dragon magic they are not any number of classes, evokers are an elite drachyr that use the powers of the 5 dragonflights, lore wise they wouldnt be any other class, but gameplay wise blizz will cater to those who whine eventually next expansion and allow different class options.

In a game like WoW it makes no sense for them to be anything else, in a different game they would keep all thier own abilities and be able to learn other stuff, but in WoW you magically forget you can breath fire just because you want to be a warrior.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-27 at 12:09 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The run animation though...

What this thread proves is that Blizzard could release just about any garbage, and no matter how terrible/broken/ugly/boring it is, some of you will lap it up and mock people for wanting better.

The dragons are boring AF, ugly AF, and can't even wear armor. They're just not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lol what that's not a dragon... Those are Goren... They have nothing to do with dragons.

- - - Updated - - -
    Lol cause this is all scientifically accurate. You can call it whatever you want. Its fictional. And if you really wanna go lore - those guys where also originally designed as being earth creatures that eat magic. They certainly represent earth=robust better than the slim lizard you call dracthyr now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    That is the eternal bane of every transmog in this game as well. Nothing matches unless it came from the same set, because every piece of armor (or in this case character customization) is ever so slightly (or rather blatantly) off-color.
    My kingdom for a halfway decent dye system. Would open up so, so many transmog possibilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I do hope it is an indicative of that and not just for consideration of any transformation effects.
    Transformation effects do not change you error voice.
    When you run out of rage while transformed you still use your races error voice.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It makes no sense a dragon race is anything other than a dragon class, also dragons dont need to wear gear thier scales are sufficiant protection, gear would get in the way of flying, you dont even bring logic to any of your arguments.
    I really don't even have words for this. Are you sure this is the argument you want to go with?

7+ Year Old Account
    My kingdom for a halfway decent dye system. Would open up so, so many transmog possibilities.
    Issue is only new armor would be dyeable, a dye system can't easily be retroactively added, they would need to change how they make armor to make it dyable.

I really don't even have words for this. Are you sure this is the argument you want to go with?
    It's kenn. Trust me, do not bother, just nod and metaphorically walk away.

Anyway, one thing I forgot to mention is option for bigger wings. The current ones are good but I'd like a big stonking wingspan to establish dominance over the wingless races.

Hell, in the future I'd really be down for Blizzard to not introduce a new race and instead gradually add body type options for one expansion. Lean humans, BEs with more defined muscles, fat Orcs, Draenei males that match the females better, there's loads of stuff that shouldn't take that much animation work but greatly increase customization.

You are the one wanting a dragon to be something else other than a dragon, you have no logic in your argument to begin with, the dracthyr are nothing but dragons and use dragon powers regardless of them being an evoker or not, armor in general just gets in the way especially for anything with wings, dracthyr should never be anything other than evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    What this thread proves is that Blizzard could release just about any garbage, and no matter how terrible/broken/ugly/boring it is, some of you will lap it up and mock people for wanting better.

The dragons are boring AF, ugly AF, and can't even wear armor. They're just not fun.
    Of course the opposite is true as well lol, people here love nothing more than to bitch about every goddamn thing about a game that more often then not they don't even play anymore. There's literally nothing Bliz could do that would get a majority approval. Everyone hates everything about WoW, which makes me wonder how sad their lives must be that they can't fucking move on and play all those other fantastic games they like to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are the one wanting a dragon to be something else other than a dragon, you have no logic in your argument to begin with, the dracthyr are nothing but dragons and use dragon powers regardless of them being an evoker or not, armor in general just gets in the way especially for anything with wings, dracthyr should never be anything other than evoker.
    If those were an actual playable quadrupedal dragons, then yeah, it would make sense for them to be only ''Dragon class'', but if they made them bipedal humanoids, they should have equipable armor and different classes (and bigger heads lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    If those were an actual playable quadrupedal dragons, then yeah, it would make sense for them to be only ''Dragon class'', but if they made them bipedal humanoids, they should have equipable armor and different classes (and bigger heads lol)
    It doesnt matter what they look like they are born from dragons and wield dragons abilities, if they completely redesigned all classes to suit being a dragon that would be fine so you could be a warrior and use dragon abilities, but its blizz and they will never do that so a dracthyr would have to sacrifice all thier powerful abilities so they can swing a sword, doesnt make much sense does it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Absolutely delusional.
    I guess every races head is tiny cause they are not even close to deathwings head.
    Also you seem to know a lot about all that, so goodluck.
    Unquestionably true.
    That would be a wrong guess. Fuckthyr's heads and necks are too small, though.
    Thanks!

Agreed, but I fear that is the kind of change that is simply not in the cards anymore. Too much effort required on their end as well as the clash with their general cosmetic reward system, which pretty much hinges on recolors in the first place.

Edit: Blizzard should really add alot more colors to the Dragthyr barbershop items though. The current palette is incredibly limiting and I find even the gold doesn't work well with anything other than the starter zone armor. SL used alot of different gold colors for example and only one of them works somewhat. The tier set looks just bad on the normal form (shoulders are quite small imho) because there is nothing that fits it at all. The tier set should be something you look forward to, I feel like this is a major oversight on Blizzard's end here.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-11-27 at 09:20 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I am happy with the dracthyr model and customization options. I hate how the male draenei and the male worgen look like, the shoulders width is just ridiculous, and the "WoW traditional hunchback"(c)(r)(tm). But, I am not asking them to change it, there are people who enjoy it - let them have their fun, and I can pick another race, or another gender, all my worgen and draenei alts are female.

And I thank the holy gods that blizz did not make the dracthyr anything like the ingame drakonids.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post

This is not "garbage", this is just your personal OPINION, nothing more. Do not confuse your opinion and your personal taste with absolute truth for everyone on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Of course the opposite is true as well lol, people here love nothing more than to bitch about every goddamn thing about a game that more often then not they don't even play anymore. There's literally nothing Bliz could do that would get a majority approval. Everyone hates everything about WoW, which makes me wonder how sad their lives must be that they can't fucking move on and play all those other fantastic games they like to talk about.
    There is no "majority" here. The majority is playing and enjoying the game. Those who no longer enjoy it just quit. And of course you will see a lot of whining/bitching, because negative emotions are much stronger and cause a lot more motivation to vent.

ps: being a 3d model artist myself, I would tweak some minor things in the dracthyr design though.. The legs below the thighs just about 15% shorter. The females with more feminine features and I would add juuuust a bit more pronounced chest muscles. That's about it. Oh, and I would totally don't mind the females having boobs, maybe as an option, as this race is a mixture between the mortal races and dragons, it'd look fitting to me. But i'd rather leave it as it is than let the haters here have what they want, another ugly deformed hunchback hulking race like the male worgen - no thanks.