Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    My kingdom for a halfway decent dye system. Would open up so, so many transmog possibilities.
    But that's againast the idea of rewarding different dyes for different difficulty levels. Also, in one of the recent iterviews Ion said dying wouldn't work the way they make armor textures, which are all hand-drawn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    But that's againast the idea of rewarding different dyes for different difficulty levels. Also, in one of the recent iterviews Ion said dying wouldn't work the way they make armor textures, which are all hand-drawn.
    This ^^^

They would need to make armor with dying in mind, you would noy be able to dye already existing armor, armor to be dyed would need to be made with that in the plans from the start.

here for example is warframe how they do dying (most games do the exact if not extremly similar)

First you create a model in a monotone colour settup, basically white, grey, black, you choose how light or dark a segment is, basically the lighting and shadows.

then you select segments, and each of these segments is applied to a "choice"

For example you can see here the red, green, blue pink, and white.
    these segments are then each individually coloured, and dying allows you to then colour each of these segments as you wish.

with wow armor it is created entirely already painted in full colour, how they do recolours is simply by shifting the hue, which while anyone could do it, and it has an obscene amount of options, you can never alter specific parts.

For example, this is the rusted protodrake, while its orange now.
    We can make it blue

but we cant for say, make the metal plating blue, the flesh green, the glowing runes red, you can only adjust EVERYTHING.
    of course blizzard does have ways to "isolate" each texture, lets say of course you wouldnt wanna change blood or something, or teeth.

But that needs to be custom done on every model, and this is actually how the charecter customization, dragon riding models, etc work.

so dye is 100% possible, but it would require them to do with armor, what they did with dragon riding for mounts. make them instead of 1 part, multiple parts that are seperate, and can be adjusted accoridngly.
    meaning it would only work with NEW armor, no old armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    I am happy with the dracthyr model and customization options. I hate how the male draenei and the male worgen look like, the shoulders width is just ridiculous, and the "WoW traditional hunchback"(c)(r)(tm). But, I am not asking them to change it, there are people who enjoy it - let them have their fun, and I can pick another race, or another gender, all my worgen and draenei alts are female.

And I thank the holy gods that blizz did not make the dracthyr anything like the ingame drakonids.

This is not "garbage", this is just your personal OPINION, nothing more. Do not confuse your opinion and your personal taste with absolute truth for everyone on the planet.

There is no "majority" here. The majority is playing and enjoying the game. Those who no longer enjoy it just quit. And of course you will see a lot of whining/bitching, because negative emotions are much stronger and cause a lot more motivation to vent.

ps: being a 3d model artist myself, I would tweak some minor things in the dracthyr design though.. The legs below the thighs just about 15% shorter. The females with more feminine features and I would add juuuust a bit more pronounced chest muscles. That's about it. Oh, and I would totally don't mind the females having boobs, maybe as an option, as this race is a mixture between the mortal races and dragons, it'd look fitting to me. But i'd rather leave it as it is than let the haters here have what they want, another ugly deformed hunchback hulking race like the male worgen - no thanks.
    Instead of asking Blizzard to change them you could ask for additional bodies. Some of us waited fucklong to get playable draconic race and Drakonids were always at the front of the discussion. Blizzard decided to fuck us over and released famelic gecko cunts. Most of this discussion wouldn't have place if Blizzard made both Shitthyr and Drakonids playable.

They look so much like bitches that Drakonid want to grab them by the pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I know, I don't actually have a kingdom and it's mostly a pipe dream, sadly. But as to different dyes being available for different difficulty levels, I feel it could be replicated by having more dying options on higher-tier armor, and Mythic or high rated PvP ones often have extra effects that make them stand out which we could color. And of course beyond basic colors unlocking dyes would be content all on its own, with some being from difficult content or achievements.

It mostly just annoys me that I really, like the design of some of the game's armor sets but none of the colors the set comes in.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    Instead of asking Blizzard to change them you could ask for additional bodies. Some of us waited fucklong to get playable draconic race and Drakonids were always at the front of the discussion. Blizzard decided to fuck us over and released famelic gecko cunts. Most of this discussion wouldn't have place if Blizzard made both Shitthyr and Drakonids playable.

They look so much like bitches that Drakonid want to grab them by the pussy.
    The one on the right looks so good...
    Such a wasted opportunity with the famelic lizards, they aren't Even a good selling point for the expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It makes no sense a dragon race is anything other than a dragon class, also dragons dont need to wear gear thier scales are sufficiant protection, gear would get in the way of flying, you dont even bring logic to any of your arguments.

But they are not truly dragons. And honestly, have you seen them walking around? they look so weird without clothes due to their humanoid shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    What this thread proves is that Blizzard could release just about any garbage, and no matter how terrible/broken/ugly/boring it is, some of you will lap it up and mock people for wanting better.

The dragons are boring AF, ugly AF, and can't even wear armor. They're just not fun.
    Or it could prove Blizzard will always piss off a bunch of people and they're safe to ignore whining when it comes to aesthetics and art direction.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    But they are not truly dragons. And honestly, have you seen them walking around? they look so weird without clothes due to their humanoid shape.
    Form is irrelevant they are dragons and wield those powers, thier scales act as armor and give protection so armor just gets in the way especially since they need to be mobile.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

A dye system for future armor pieces and sets would absolutely be worth it. That we can't recolour items that are already in the game we'd just have to accept. We have to live with it currently anyway.

If i remember correctly Ion said in the AnnieFuchsia interview that they could do it. It would be way better than the current system.

Complete opposite for me, worst looking race ever. It's the worst kind of tumbler/deviant art. Not sure how it got greenlighted. The Drakonid are way cooler and fits a whole lot more. Every time I see a Drakonid, it brings pain to me that we didn't get those instead.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Imo it is pretty bad, their body type imo isn't what I was looking forward to, doesn't feel dragony enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Complete opposite for me, worst looking race ever. It's the worst kind of tumbler/deviant art. Not sure how it got greenlighted. The Drakonid are way cooler and fits a whole lot more. Every time I see a Drakonid, it brings pain to me that we didn't get those instead.
    It doesn't have to be for everyone.

would the expansion have appealed more if other races could be Evokers?
    is the visage form not a suitable alternative as you can mostly play in that?
    Would you have been on board with visage sub-race forms of other races being available and picked the race to play in those forms also?
    Or if perhaps they had a more Drakonid type model like suggested above in the art - would that have caused you?
    How about the fan made modified version of the dracthyr, with thicker neck and more muscled chest?
    Finally would you perhaps have considered if there was a male version option that had those more masculine broader features and gone for it instead based on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    would the expansion have appealed more if other races could be Evokers?
    That's an easy question to answer, because it's an unequivocal YES. It's just that it's also not the right question to ask, because you don't get features for free out of thin air. It would have to come either at additional cost, or at the expense of something else; and they at least seem to have thought that kind of tradeoff would not be worth it. Whether or not they're right in that assessment is difficult to ascertain, doubly so after the fact.

Personally (for whatever that's worth), having Evokers be available to other races wouldn't have changed my decision not to get DF one bit; but having dracthyr available as a race for classes other than Evoker potentially could have.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    The one on the right looks so good...
    Such a wasted opportunity with the famelic lizards, they aren't Even a good selling point for the expansion
    That's right mate. They aren't even good for shit.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

The artist that likes to draw up variations of heritage armors also drew something for Dracthyr…
    If only the Dracthyr could wear actual armor.

At a minimum I’m hoping in 10.0.7 when we go back to the forbidden reach they add in the cut Dracthyr shoulders that they showed us in the previews.

Specifically the shoulderpads from the red and green Dracthyr were the ones that were cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post

The artist that likes to draw up variations of heritage armors also drew something for Dracthyr…
    If only the Dracthyr could wear actual armor.

At a minimum I’m hoping in 10.0.7 when we go back to the forbidden reach they add in the cut Dracthyr shoulders that they showed us in the previews.

Specifically the shoulderpads from the red and green Dracthyr were the ones that were cut.
    Were they cut, or did they just make shoulderpads from items actually work, because initially they weren't supposed to.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Were they cut, or did they just make shoulderpads from items actually work, because initially they weren't supposed to.
    They were cut.
    Those shoulders don’t even exist as items atm
    Chen isn't a Monk

The most popular class in the game has you in a non-transmoggable animal form during combat, and players have never seemed to care. In fact they go wild when more forms come out for it. If players are okay turning into a Bear or whatever the hell a Moonkin is, they probably won't mind spending combat in the form of a bipedal dragon.
    2 of the 4 specs of that class allow you to remain in "human" form the entire time. Catform and beer form have multiple variations that are changed......at the transmogger. They also can be multiple races, which have there own somewhat unique models.

I wish the female Dracthyr had Blood Elf as Visage too...
    The Humans look so frumpy in comparison it's really odd when put next to the Male Blood Elf model.
    The Male Visage form just looks more detailed and up to date while the Female ones look dorky.

As for the Dracthyr model I think it's just WoW's artstyle/ graphics making them look a bit weird, the more beefy and feral looking ones just work better with it while the Dracthyr we get as playable kinda again look a bit dorky.
    They could've worked with more realistic graphics I think but not in WoW imo.

I love the way the dragons in FFXIV look for example I think they look really unique and different, but in WoW's graphics I think they'd probably look very odd.
    Some things just doesn't work with certain artstyles.

Edit: I think it's especially with how '' human '' they look, the bigger ones just look more exaggerated and fantastical so it kinda works.
    But ours don't really go far enough and end up looking confused as to what they're trying to be.
    Last edited by Ginnung; 2022-12-22 at 01:45 AM.

I'm starting to soften up on the design of the Dracthyr, the faces still look like derp shit, but the armour customization is decent (I always use the hood option because the faces look like shit btw).

I just wish the multibillionaire company could have made a whole different set of animations for the Vestige form so that we could just fight in Vestige form and be done with it. The Vestige forms actually have amazing customization options (especially hairstyles) that I hope will be given to Void elves in the future.

You know it's hilarious, how many people would actually stay in Dracthyr form if they could fight in Vestige? Food for thought.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-12-22 at 11:59 AM.